Summer is a season that everyone looks forward to, and the prospect of long, warm days makes us all eager to go out and enjoy life. When the weather outside begins to heat up, maintaining a comfortable climate in your vehicle may be difficult. You may install different types of air conditioning for camper vans. Your choice determines how much electricity you can access from batteries or a shore wall outlet and how much cooling power you necessitate. Some van lifers deal with hot temperatures by adding a campervan AC unit – either a rooftop unit or a portable air conditioner. In this article, we’ll tell you about the best air conditioning for camper vans.
Table of contents
- SereneLife Air Conditioner
- RecPro RV Air Conditioner
- ACDC 12V Air Conditioner
- BougeRV Portable Air Conditioner
- TOSOT Portable Air Conditioner
- Shinco Portable Air Conditioner
- BLACK+DECKER Air Conditioner
- ZAFRO Portable Air Conditioner
- Midea EasyCool Window Air Conditioner
- BLACK+DECKER Air Conditioner
- Furrion Air Conditioner
- Cooper&Hunter Air Conditioner
- Whynter Portable Air Conditioner
- Our Verdict!
- How to Choose the Best Air Conditioning for a Camper Van
- Can you put air conditioning in a campervan?
- Does a portable air conditioner have to be vented outside?
- Does insulating a van keep it cool?
SereneLife Air Conditioner
SereneLife is a company that has a long history of making dependable portable air conditioners. SereneLife Air Conditioner system has a portable, lightweight body that can be utilized in the garage, living room, or other home or business. It features rolling wheels for easy portability. Also, you don’t only get the cooling effect of the portable AC but also help reduce humidity levels, a huge financial and space-saving! Most customers also love that this portable cooler is very quiet. This means a lot for those who need a noise-free atmosphere to sleep in. Regarding air conditioning for camper vans, this unit is easy to use and carry during camping trips.
- It has a remote control from any van part for easy use.
- The portability makes it easy to install.
- The electric plug makes it energy efficient for you.
- When not in use, the air conditioner must be unplugged.
RecPro RV Air Conditioner
RecPro RV Air Conditioner is perfect for rooms up to 400 square feet. You don’t need to worry about the noise level of this AC in that size of room. This AC runs with a low decibel of 54.7. So instead of feeling like you need to scream over your AC, you can relax to a gentle whirl. This is your answer if you want camping nights without being bothered by a muggy atmosphere. This AC unit has some powerful cooling power. This model has a unique feature. Unlike other models, there is a tube connecting both units. This increases your temperature quality and cleanliness. If you’re tired of using your air conditioning in your camper van, you can try getting our best tents for air conditioners.
- The low amp draw of this air conditioning allows you to use more than one AC unit at a time.
- It comes in white and black colors, giving you a variety of options.
- It’s made of high-quality plastic built to withstand the toughest of conditions.
- It takes a little while to be installed.
ACDC 12V Air Conditioner
We were a little nervous when we decided to test the ACDC 12V Air Conditioner. But once we finished the installation process, we were impressed. With the mobile off-grid boondocking, you can take it anywhere without a shore power hookup. Also, because it is easy to install, the outdoor unit of this air conditioner can be installed in any direction. Overall, this ACDC Air Conditioner is a great cooling unit. With the mobile off-grid boondocking, It allows you to head into the middle of the wilderness and set up camp. This one is worth considering if you’re looking for air conditioning for camper trailers.
Before you move on to the next one on our list, check out our list of the best tents for family camping. They’re great when you are going camping with family and want to keep things as outdoorsy as possible.
- The low noise level is amazing.
- It takes less than 30 minutes for the A.C. to cool down.
- Satisfaction is guaranteed with the complete installation of accessories.
- It was a little too expensive.
BougeRV Portable Air Conditioner
We had an amazing experience with the BougeRV Portable Air Conditioner. This portable device works like a charm! With its ergonomic handle and compact size, you can easily move it indoors to outdoors, cooling you when and where you need it. Featured with two modes: Cooling and Fan Mode, and three speeds, from soothing-soft to storm-strong, you can easily customize your comfort at the touch of a button on the panel.
If you’re looking for a rooftop ac for the camper, the BougeRV will be ideal. This tiny device is all about efficiency. As for the price, we do admit that this unit is a bit more pricey than other similar products. However, you’ll get a solid camper van air conditioning that can work well without proprietary batteries.
- It comes with an easy-to-read monitor for proper visibility when in use.
- The easy-to-operate switch allows the temperature to be easily adjusted.
- The portability of this air conditioner makes it ideal to use in camping.
- It doesn’t cool the air as quickly as possible.
TOSOT Portable Air Conditioner
We’re impressed with the TOSOT Portable Air Conditioner. First of all, the camper caravan air conditioning operated so silently. 2.3 Quarts of water may be removed every hour by this portable air conditioner, fan, and dehumidifier. Since dry air feels significantly cooler than wet air, your air conditioner can operate more effectively.
The TOSOT for campers, a portable roof air conditioner, is available. Lower your noise level and get a good night’s sleep. When counting sheep, you may also utilize the sleep feature to set your ideal sleeping temperature, or you can switch on the night mode to turn off all the control panel lights. Check out this detailed YouTube review for more information.
- It’s easy to install on both horizontal and vertical windows.
- With the new X-Fan technology, it spins at a steady rate.
- Cooling spaces up to 300 sq. ft, it’s perfect for use in camper vans and homes.
- It consumes a little too much energy
Shinco Portable Air Conditioner
Shinco Portable Air Conditioner isn’t your regular air conditioning for camper vans. This unit comes with a beautiful, sleek design. The air conditioner runs great. It keeps the temperature low. There’s a remote included, so if you wake up in the middle of the night and want to turn off the air conditioner, you don’t have to get up. Overall, the Shinco Portable Air Conditioner does a great job. It’s compact, easy to carry, and simple to set up. This will be a blessing if you like your living space cool and dry!
- The installation instructions are simple and can be done by anyone.
- The four castors wheels make it easy to move from place to place.
- The two-speed fan can satisfy your needs and cool your room.
- It’s a bit noisy when in use.
BLACK+DECKER Air Conditioner
While outdoor adventures are fun, sometimes it can be quite difficult to sleep through the wet and muggy nights of the summer. That’s why you need a reliable roof AC for the camper, just like the BLACK+DECKER Air Conditioner. It’s 8,000 BTU, so you should expect this mini air conditioner to cool the entire shelter, and it will.
You can precisely manage the air temperature with the straightforward remote control and top-mounted LED display with a one-day timer. Another reason to go with this air conditioner is its portability. It’s compact and doesn’t require a lot of storage space. Highly recommended for a tent or camper van. And while you’re here, don’t forget to check out our best waterproof tents for camping. They are waterproof, so you can comfortably sit and rest while it rains.
- The sleep mode makes it extra quiet while you rest.
- The adjustable fan speed cools the air to 65°F at the coolest setting.
- It is easy to install and assemble.
- The built-in water tank might fill up, causing it to stop producing cold air.
ZAFRO Portable Air Conditioner
Regarding air conditioning for camper trailers, it’s hard not to think about the ZAFRO Portable Air Conditioner. This portable air conditioner has three modes: Dehumidify, Cool, and Fan. The air conditioner cools your room, has a 19L/day dry capacity, and the two-speed fan satisfies your needs. It’s the ideal portable air conditioner for apartments and campers.
With the ZAFRO Portable Air Conditioner, you can quickly set the time, temperature, and mode thanks to the simple remote control and easy-to-read LED display. Thanks to its four castor wheels, transferring from room to room is simple. Get a restful night’s sleep as the air conditioner runs quietly. We adore the style. It is portable and lightweight. If you’re going camping, you must have this cooler.
- The filter can be cleaned.
- In low-speed mode, the output is quiet at 51db, ensuring no interference at night.
- It contains a useful safety feature to stop kids from accidentally touching the button.
- A huge container must be kept underneath the hose for the humidity training.
Midea EasyCool Window Air Conditioner
The Midea EasyCool Window Air Conditioner boasts an 11.0 Combined Energy Efficiency Rating (CEER), which lowers energy expenditures and helps you save money all year. A home refrigerator is noisier than this window AC unit. Moreover, it incorporates quick-setting mechanical controls for the time, temperature, and mode and a washable and reusable air filter. Even on the warmest days, the EasyCool Window Air Conditioner from Midea provides all the necessary cooling power. This compact air conditioner will be ideal for a peaceful camping night without the noisy, hot air.
- This AC is remote-controlled for easy use anytime you want.
- It has two cooling speeds to give you the perfect amount of cooling every time.
- It’s easy to install as it comes with all the mounting accessories.
- This AC makes a little hum sound when in use.
BLACK+DECKER Air Conditioner
BLACK+DECKER Air Conditioner will create the ideal camper van cooling system. For spaces up to 350 square feet, this portable heat and air conditioner offers constant, quick cooling and heating. You may precisely control the air conditioner with a one-day timer using a full-function LCD handheld device and peak-mounted silent white LED display. Even if a review on Amazon claims that the device does not adequately cool the room, it is simply a problem with the installation. This is the portable rooftop air conditioner for a camper you need for your upcoming outdoor vacation.
- It’s easy to install and can be moved from room to room using the handle and castor.
- Sleep Mode auto-controls the air temperature at night.
- Combines four energy-efficient functions for all of your cooling & ventilation needs.
- The air coming out of the product might smell like engine grease.
Furrion Air Conditioner
The Furrion Air Conditioner is simply fantastic air conditioning for camper vans. The manual controls provide simple operation with physical controls and a slim design. Also, the manual controller has eight selectable positions. Both ducted and non-ducted air conditioning systems are compatible. To increase airflow, the air distribution system also contains two slotted registers. In a ducted system, the registers can be closed to direct more air to the ducts.
The Furrion CHILL Air Conditioner is 25% more efficient than single-fan systems because it features two fans, each with a motor to assist cool air flow quickly inside your camper van. The Furrion AC is a remarkable product, to sum up. This is a great deal if you want a high-quality product that will last very long.
- Your RV will be able to attain its desired temperature thanks to short-cycle protection.
- The EPP foam housing is resistant to chemicals and water.
- The internal components are shielded from water and debris by its UV-resistant shell.
- After using the coil for a while, it may become frozen.
Cooper&Hunter Air Conditioner
If you’re looking for a small portable air conditioner for camper vans, the Cooper&Hunter Air Conditioner will be the perfect candidate. Intake and exhaust hoses are combined into one by the hose-in-hose concept. No more untidy tubes that run. Dual-hose models function more swiftly than single-hose variations because they have a more effective air exchange process and can cool greater regions more effectively. The Cooper & Hunter Dual Hose Air Conditioner With Heat features four crucial functions for all your HVAC requirements.
Overall, we’re happy with this portable air conditioner. Though not comparable to a full-sized air conditioner, it performs admirably, given its diminutive size. A word of caution, though. Try building it with vertical sliding windows instead of horizontal ones since the former may be more convenient.
- With a six-inch power lead, you have more placement options.
- When to hoover or wash will be indicated by the clean filter indication.
- It uses variable-speed inverter technology, which uses much less electricity to chill and heat.
- It could be challenging to install in a window that slides horizontally.
Whynter Portable Air Conditioner
Whynter Portable Air Conditioner is an excellent rooftop AC for a camper. This portable air conditioning unit Cools up to a 500-square-foot space. The patented auto drain function fully exhausts all condensates automatically in most environments. This award-winning air conditioning has a washable pre-filter and activated carbon filter for improved air quality.
Another cool thing about Whynter is that it can easily adjust the temperature, fan speed, and sleep time from your tiny screen. As for operations, this air conditioning for camper trailers is pretty quiet. We guarantee you won’t get any complaints from other campers when you get this unit up and running.
- It has the best noise levels for a portable AC.
- It’s easy to install and auto restarts after a power outage.
- It has four operational modes for the convenience of use.
The Whynter Portable Air Conditioner is better for some, as our list focuses on the best air conditioning for a camper van. Because of this, we divided the list into goods with different specialties:
- Best value for money: SereneLife Air Conditioner
- Best quality: TOSOT Portable Air Conditioner
- Best Comfort: Cooper&Hunter Air Conditioner
- Best Fit for Home: ZAFRO Portable Air Conditioner
How to Choose the Best Air Conditioning for a Camper Van
Being comfortable while living in your van is one of the most crucial aspects. You can keep incredibly cool and cozy in a well-insulated vehicle with a roof vent fan. A portable air conditioner for your van is important if you frequently travel to extremely hot locations. Here are some aspects to consider when purchasing a portable air conditioner for a campervan because many models are available.
The Type of Venting
While some air conditioners can be vented through a window or door, others need specific vents. Make sure the appliance you purchase may be vented however you like.
The Noise Level
You should pick a unit with a low noise level if you’re seeking a quiet one. While some are much quieter, some air conditioners are incredibly loud.
Make sure to consider the price of the unit before purchasing it. Air conditioning units can vary in price, so you should find one that fits your budget.
Can you put air conditioning in a campervan?
Several options exist for providing air conditioning in a caravan or motorhome. Beyond just the price, there are several concessions and challenges to consider. Consider a portable air conditioner as an affordable alternative, for example.
Does a portable air conditioner have to be vented outside?
Portable air conditioners must be vented since they draw in hot air. You must allow the hot air to go outside if you want your air conditioning system to chill the room successfully. The venting equipment is nearly typically included when you buy a portable air conditioner.
Does insulating a van keep it cool?
No matter where you spend the night camping, van insulation will help to keep the area warm in the winter and cool in the summer so you can sleep comfortably.