Choosing the best barefoot shoes is a piece of cake for most of us. But do you know what’s challenging? Picking a pair that offers you enough warmth and comfort during winter! The best barefoot shoes for winter are capable of keeping your feet toasty and dry throughout the winter. Apart from that, they should also be lightweight and, if possible, waterproof. But unlike your regular winter shoes or boots, they should have a thin, flexible, but strong sole that provides enough grip. To help you choose the best winter barefoot shoes, we’ve picked some of the top options available on the market. Keep scrolling and take a look at what we’ve handpicked!
Table of contents
- Tipsietoes Barefoot Leather Boots
- GROUNDIES Cozy Boots
- Vivobarefoot Magna FG
- GROUNDIES Odessa GX1 Barefoot Shoes
- WHITIN Cross-Trainer Shoes
- Vivobarefoot Tracker Forest ESC
- Minnetonka Women’s Back-Zipper Booties
- Xero Shoes Mika Fashion Winter Boots
- Vivobarefoot Tracker II FG
- Vivobarefoot Tracker All Weather SG
- GROUNDIES Alaska FX1 Barefoot Shoes
- Vivobarefoot Gobi Hi IV
- Xero Shoes Xcursion Boots
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Barefoot Shoes for Winter
- Are barefoot shoes cold in winter?
- How do you keep your feet warm in barefoot shoes?
- Is wearing barefoot shoes good for you?
Tipsietoes Barefoot Leather Boots
Kicking off our list of the best barefoot shoes for winter are the Tipsietoes Barefoot Leather Boots. Available in three different shades, these boots are gorgeous. However, our favorite has to be the Rosegold variant. This variant brings a little pop of color to your outfit and can effortlessly make you look feminine.
In addition, these boots are also available in a wide range of sizes. Plus, the wide toe box allows you to spread your toes so you can walk comfortably. Not to mention, they’re surprisingly lightweight! Best of all, they’re the most affordable option on this list!
- The leather upper is surprisingly durable, considering how cheap these boots are.
- The sole is flexible and provides plenty of traction.
- With the wide toe box, you’ll have enough space to spread your toes.
- These boots tend to run small.
GROUNDIES Cozy Boots
When it comes to comfort, the GROUNDIES Cozy Boots take the cake! While wearing these winter barefoot shoes, you’ll never have cold feet anymore! In fact, this pair is the warmest that GROUNDIES has to offer! Simply slip them on, and you’re ready to conquer the day.
Aside from that, the Thermoplastic Polyurethane sole is worth mentioning as well. It’s thin, flexible, and provides you with plenty of traction even on the snow. These boots are also proof that you don’t have to spend a lot to get a high-quality pair of barefoot shoes for winter. Also, have we mentioned how beautiful these nude boots are?
- They’re the warmest boots GROUNDIES has to offer.
- The wool lining is soft, warm, and extremely comfortable.
- These pretty boots are relatively affordable.
- The color options are rather limited.
Vivobarefoot Magna FG
Lightweight and durable, the Vivobarefoot Magna FG is truly a must-buy. One of the highlights of these shoes is their waterproof property! This means whatever the winter presents, you’ll have no reason to panic. Apart from that, we love how durable the leather material is.
Furthermore, we love how warm they actually are. This is mostly because they feature the Woolmark-certified merino lining. Aside from warmth, this lining also enhances breathability and makes the shoe odor-resistant. Also, have we mentioned how flexible they are?
- The rubber sole provides plenty of traction and is flexible.
- They’re some of the most lightweight options available.
- These shoes are available in many different sizes.
- According to some people, these shoes fit a little bit small.
GROUNDIES Odessa GX1 Barefoot Shoes
Women who are hunting for a pair of suede boots might want to consider the GROUNDIES Odessa GX1 Barefoot Shoes. Thanks to their casual design, you’ll never look too much or underdressed! Pair these boots with your favorite skinny jeans and down jacket, and you’re good to go!
Considered some of the best barefoot shoes for winter, these boots are exceptionally warm. Most of it is because of the microfiber lining, which allows them to be highly breathable. These shoes will keep your feet toasty on colder days without making them sweat! And thanks to the zipper, you can slip them on and off in mere seconds!
- The leather material is extremely durable.
- Thanks to the neutral footbed, you can always walk stably and comfortably.
- The thin sole is both flexible and slip-resistant.
- Unfortunately, they’re not that popular. But they’re still great, though.
WHITIN Cross-Trainer Shoes
The WHITIN Cross-Trainer Shoes are some of the most popular barefoot shoes on Amazon, and we’re honestly not surprised! First, these shoes are available in a wide array of shades. Actually, there are 16 colorways to choose from! Pretty amazing, isn’t it? We’re sure you’ll find something that catches your attention.
In addition to that, these shoes have an anatomical shape that can follow the shape of your feet. This means you’ll always be comfortable with them on, and your feet can move naturally, making them some of the best shoes for barefoot running. Not to mention, there’s no drop from the heel to the toe! Though not the warmest, these shoes are perfect for active people who love training, even during winter.
- They’re some of, if not the most popular barefoot shoes on Amazon.
- These shoes are available in a wide variety of colors and size options.
- We appreciate that no animal products are used to make these shoes.
- Compared to other barefoot boots, these shoes aren’t the warmest.
Vivobarefoot Tracker Forest ESC
Don’t let the winter stop you from having a thrilling adventure! Brave the outdoors by equipping yourself with the Vivobarefoot Tracker Forest ESC. These shoes are warm and comfy, which is a must when you’re searching for the best barefoot shoes for winter. Even better, they’re highly breathable!
However, the highlight of these shoes is none other than the Michelin ESC Sole. It offers superb traction and maximizes ground feel as well as flexibility. What about durability? Lucky for you, these shoes can last for years to come! What’s not to like?
- The leather upper is extremely durable.
- The Ortholite insole is removable, so you can add more cushioning.
- Their rubber outsole offers unmatched traction.
- Though amazing, you should note that they’re on the pricier side.
Minnetonka Women’s Back-Zipper Booties
Featuring a modern and eye-catching silhouette, the Minnetonka Women’s Back-Zipper Booties are an absolute favorite. As some of the best barefoot shoes for winter, these boots can easily follow the shape of your feet for unmatched comfort. In addition to that, they run true to size, so you don’t have to worry about sizing down or up.
As the name suggests, these boots also come with a back zipper, which helps them to fit snugly. When it comes to the material, we love how soft the suede leather is. Apart from that, these boots can be used for many occasions! From a meet-up to grocery shopping in winter, feel free to rock these boots anytime you want!
- These boots are available in many sizes and are true to size.
- The modern style of these boots easily set them apart from their competitors.
- With a timeless style, these boots can be worn for many occasions and years to come.
- Some people wish there were more color options available.
Xero Shoes Mika Fashion Winter Boots
Best for Women. Ladies looking for fashionable winter boots with that barefoot feel should take a look at the Xero Shoes Mika Fashion Winter Boots! Before we get into the details, let’s take a moment to appreciate their beauty! These gorgeous boots aren’t only stunning but also comfortable. With a wide toe box, your toes will have enough space to spread. Additionally, the non-elevated heel allows you to walk in a good posture.
Named the best barefoot shoes for winter, you should expect nothing but the best from these boots. For instance, the canvas is water-repellant, which means you don’t have to panic when it suddenly rains. Moreover, the insole is super warm, keeping your feet cozy and toasty. Also, the FeelTrue rubber sole allows you to walk confidently! Click here to learn more about them!
- These boots are backed by the brand’s 5,000-mile sole warranty.
- Despite their design, these boots are more lightweight than expected.
- Because of how flexible the sole is, you’ll feel like you’re not wearing anything at all!
- Putting these boots on might take a minute or two.
Vivobarefoot Tracker II FG
Best for Men. Among all of the winter barefoot shoes available on the market, the Vivobarefoot Tracker II FG has to be one of the most iconic options. These shoes are tough. However, that doesn’t mean they have a thick, chunky sole that lets you feel nothing! Despite their durable construction, these boots are lightweight and waterproof. Too good to be true, right?
Despite being thin, the sole does an impressive job of offering traction. By wearing these boots, you’ll be able to tackle any terrain easily. We also love how flexible they are, making them some of the comfiest barefoot boots around. Best of all, the materials used to create these boots are all natural. Check out Roaming The Trails’ review about these boots!
- These durable boots offer high traction and allow you to walk without slipping despite the terrain.
- Since they’re waterproof, you can keep wearing them when it’s raining.
- Many people don’t expect these boots to be that lightweight!
- These boots fit small, so you might want to size up.
Vivobarefoot Tracker All Weather SG
Best for Everyday Use. It’s okay; don’t be shy! You’re not the only one who wants to wear the Vivobarefoot Tracker All Weather SG every single day! What we love the most about these shoes is none other than their design. They’re so stylish and look like a pair of high-end sneakers, putting you in the spotlight every time you wear them.
They’re not just eye candy, though. The responsibly-sourced leather other is extremely durable, and every part of these shoes is made from recycled materials. Some of the best barefoot shoes for winter also feature an indestructible and thin rubber sole that provides unmatched traction on snow. Visit the official website to learn more about these winter barefoot shoes!
- The high-ankle design effectively prevents water and dirt from getting inside.
- Thanks to the Sympatex membrane, these shoes are both highly breathable and waterproof.
- They’re super flexible and can bend according to the movement of your feet.
- Some people think there are more durable options on the market at a similar price range.
GROUNDIES Alaska FX1 Barefoot Shoes
Another reliable pair of barefoot shoes for winter that you can always count on is the GROUNDIES Alaska FX1 Barefoot Shoes. Made for women, these shoes feature a virgin wool lining that promises to keep your feet toasty all winter long. Thanks to these shoes, you can finally say goodbye to chilly feet!
Additionally, these shoes come with a flat sole that’s also ridiculously thin and flexible. That way, you can walk around and let your feet feel the ground they’re stepping on. Made in Germany, these shoes also don’t compromise on durability, so you can rest assured they’ll last for a long time.
- These shoes are relatively more affordable than some of their competitors.
- The sole of these shoes is extremely thin and flexible.
- They don’t sacrifice durability for affordability.
- Some people are not a fan of the design.
Vivobarefoot Gobi Hi IV
Up next is another sought-after pair of barefoot shoes for winter! The Vivobarefoot Gobi Hi IV is a modern and minimalist option for women who want to look effortlessly cool without letting their feet freeze! Available in Black and Brown, their simple design allows you to mix them with your favorite winter coat or winter parka!
Furthermore, these boots are designed to follow the shape of your feet. That way, your feet can move comfortably without being restricted. Not to mention, the sole is thin, allowing you to feel more! Better yet, the high-top design means these boots have more protection against the cruel winter!
- The flexible materials and outsole allow your feet no move naturally.
- These boots are wide enough to allow your feet to move comfortably.
- The brand’s Thermal insole can keep your feet toasty when the temperature drops.
- Unfortunately, there are only two color options to choose from.
Xero Shoes Xcursion Boots
Best Overall. If winter hiking is on your itinerary, then you should equip yourself with the Xero Shoes Xcursion Boots! One of the most significant selling points of these winter barefoot shoes is its FeelTrue sole. It’s extremely thin, making you feel like you’re not wearing any pair of shoes. Despite that, it still offers more than enough traction and protection.
In addition to the sole, we’re also huge fans of the TrailFoam layer that impressively protects your feet from cold temperatures, allowing your feet to stay comfy throughout the hike. And no one knows what the weather might throw at you; you’ll be thrilled to find that these boots are water-resistant! Need some extra warmth? Pair these boots with the best socks for winter hiking!
- Unlike other cookie-cutter options, these barefoot shoes for winter are true to size.
- They’re backed by free domestic exchanges in case the boots don’t fit you well.
- Perfect for hiking, both males and females can wear these shoes.
- Some people need a minute to get used to them as they’re not that stretchy.
With the perfect combination of warmth, comfort, traction, and weight, all of the shoes above are amazing. However, we can’t deny that some of them are better than others in certain criteria, which is why we’ve prepared the following list!
- Best Overall: Xero Shoes Xcursion Boots
- Best for Everyday Use: Vivobarefoot Tracker All Weather SG
- Best for Men: Vivobarefoot Tracker II FG
- Best for Women: Xero Shoes Mika Fashion Winter Boots
How To Choose The Best Barefoot Shoes for Winter
As we said earlier, choosing the best barefoot shoes for winter can be tricky. Thus, you should consider the following things!
Normally, the best barefoot shoes for winter are waterproof. However, not all of them are. That’s why you should spend a minute checking their waterproof feature. That way, they can keep your feet warm and dry.
Different winter barefoot shoes have different sizing. It’s important for you to choose a pair that fits your feet well so you can walk comfortably. We also recommend choosing a pair that has a wide toe box so you can spread your toes.
Last but not least, the sole should be thin to give you that barefoot feel but still durable enough. It should also be able to provide enough traction in wet or snowy conditions!
Are barefoot shoes cold in winter?
Luckily, they’re not! The best barefoot shoes for winter are specifically designed to keep your feet warm despite being super close to the ground.
How do you keep your feet warm in barefoot shoes?
One of the easiest ways to keep your feet extra warm when wearing barefoot shoes is by wearing warm socks. We highly recommend wearing a pair of merino wool socks!
Is wearing barefoot shoes good for you?
One of the many advantages of wearing barefoot shoes is that you can make your ankles stronger. Thus, you’ll have better control and stability.