You may scratch your head if you find someone running with a face mask on their face a few years ago. However, this has become a norm for many people. And if you’re one of them, we assume you’re here to look for the best face masks for running, whether in good weather or during a pollution one. No, you shouldn’t wear regular face masks for running. Running is strenuous, so you’ll need a face mask designed for workouts. They should be breathable, soft, lightweight, and comfortable. On top of that, they should be able to protect you from airborne bacteria. So, which ones are worth investing in? Keep scrolling and check out our recommendations so you can run safely and comfortably!
Table of contents
- OTOOLIFE Running Face Mask
- Oakley MSK3 Anti-Fog Face Mask
- NYBEE Sports Cooling Face Mask
- Oakley Aoo9715 Protective Face Mask
- Borgasets Breathable Sports Face Mask
- RURING Face Protector
- INHERENT Premium Face Mask
- Reebok Adult Face Mask
- adidas Face Mask Cover
- AIRPOP Active Reusable Face Mask
- Blue Bear Protection Sports Mask
- Halo Life Face Mask
- Under Armour Adult Sports Mask
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Face Masks for Runners
- Can you run in an N95 mask?
- What is a good mask for running?
- Does a mask help running in the cold?
OTOOLIFE Running Face Mask
The first option on this list is the amazing OTOOLIFE Running Face Mask. As you can see from the picture below, this mask has a mesh fabric that allows you to breathe comfortably when running. In addition to that, it’s also backed by nano-technology for ultimate protection. Another highlight of this face mask is that it’s quick-drying. After your evening running session, you can wash it, and it’ll be ready for use the next morning! Additionally, we also love its versatility. When you’re not running, you can also wear this mask when you want to run some errands!
- It has a simple but timeless design.
- The polyester material is lightweight and breathable.
- This mask is easy to wash and can dry quickly.
- The ear straps are a bit too thick.
Oakley MSK3 Anti-Fog Face Mask
Best Anti-Fog. The Oakley MSK3 Anti-Fog Face Mask is literally what it says. It’s a face mask that won’t fog up your running sunglasses! This is the perfect option for runners who wear glasses. Don’t worry, as this mask still has plenty to offer. For instance, the 100% polyester material is extremely comfortable and breathable. Apart from that, this mask is designed to fit your face perfectly. Its adjustable closure allows it to be the perfect match for everyone’s face. However, you should note that, unlike many options on this list, this one isn’t machine washable. Instead, you should wash it with your hands.
- This mask is designed for glasses wearers.
- The adjustable closure promises a snug fit.
- It’s extremely comfortable and durable.
- It’s not machine washable.
NYBEE Sports Cooling Face Mask
Who would’ve thought a face mask this cheap is so good? The NYBEE Sports Cooling Face Mask is as cheap as chips. However, it doesn’t lack any amazing features. One of its biggest features is the Cooling Pri, which is a cooling technology that provides a cooling effect. It allows your skin to stay fresh and keeps you comfortable even when you’re running. Wearing a breathable face mask when you’re running is essential. That’s why we love this mask! It can absorb sweat easily and dry quicker than its competitors. Plus, it offers UPF50+ protection, which is great for those who love to run outdoors. With everything it offers, we’re not surprised that it has been bought by thousands of people on Amazon.
- This mask is easy to wash and can be used countless times.
- It’s a great option for summer and when the weather is hot.
- One of the most breathable sports face masks.
- It can fog up your glasses.
Oakley Aoo9715 Protective Face Mask
Up next is the Oakley Aoo9715 Protective Face Mask. You may know this brand from its flip-flops or replacement lenses. But did you know that its face mask is also amazing? This mask is made of breathable and lightweight polyester. The material is moisture-wicking, and it can dry quickly after being washed. In addition to that, we also adore its odor control system. That way, you don’t have to worry about being smelly! Also, this mask is designed to protect you from dust and debris as well. While the Universal Blue variant is our favorite, those who want something more eye-catching can opt for the Rubine Red variant.
- It’s a cheap yet reliable face mask.
- The polyester material allows it to wick sweat away.
- This mask is not only lightweight but also breathable.
- People with large heads might find it too small.
Borgasets Breathable Sports Face Mask
The Borgasets Breathable Sports Face Mask is a reusable sports mask that does its job incredibly well. One of the main selling points of this item is its fast-drying technology. As you can guess, this technology keeps you dry even when you’re sweating. That way, you can stay comfortable while you’re running. Moreover, it comes with adjustable straps that suit most kids and adults. The elastic ear straps are soft and won’t put pressure on the ears. To add, it has two-layer protection, keeping you safe and covered when you’re out there. Finally, it’s available in several color options, though our favorite is the Navy Blue variant. Check out what Aaron’s Rapid Reviews has to say about this mask!
- It’s one of the more affordable running masks on the market.
- This mask can also be purchased in packs.
- There are many beautiful colors to choose from.
- It’s a bit too thin for those who are looking for running masks for pollution.
RURING Face Protector
Best Bundle. If you don’t want to spend much on a running mask, the RURING Face Protector is a perfect choice. Available in a pack of 10, you’ll have more than enough stock of masks to rotate every single day. Plus, its all-black design means you can pair it with any workout clothes without looking like a clown.
One of the highlights of this mask is its comfort. Even if you sweat a lot on the track, this mask does not irritate. And with four layers of protection, you don’t have to worry about safety. Additionally, the ear loops are easily adjustable, allowing you to have a proper fit at all times. Wear your running GPS watch, put this face protector on, and go break your record!
- It’s the perfect choice for those who want to get a bundle at an affordable price.
- This mask is both lightweight and breathable.
- It won’t irritate your skin even if you’re sweating excessively.
- The level of comfort might decline when worn for a long time.
INHERENT Premium Face Mask
Best Odor Protection. When it comes to preventing you from being a smelly runner, the INHERENT Premium Face Mask takes the cake! Comes with anti-odor protection, this mask can easily neutralize odors, including excessive sweat. You won’t smell any weird odor even after running for a long time. Apart from that, this mask is breathable. The soft knit blend is skin-friendly and promotes better airflow, so you can breathe easily even when you feel like dying from running a few miles. Best of all, this face mask is machine washable. It can survive countless washes without any loose stitches.
- The durability of this face mask is worth praising.
- It’s designed to eliminate odors.
- The knit construction promotes better airflow.
- Some people think it’s a bit expensive.
Reebok Adult Face Mask
Cheap and reliable, those ignoring the Reebok Adult Face Mask are surely missing a lot! Made from recycled polyester and elastane, this is one of the comfiest face masks for running on the market. It fits your face tight and nicely, so it won’t move around while you’re running. Getting the right size is also a breeze, as it’s available in Small, medium, and Black. Also, this face mask is extremely breathable. This is a super important feature, especially for runners, so they won’t run out of breath easily. Apart from that, we love how easy it is to take care of this mask. It’s machine washable and won’t shrink even after being washed.
- Those on a budget will love this mask.
- It’s available in a pack of three.
- This is a low-maintenance mask that can stand the test of time.
- It doesn’t have any fancy or advanced features.
adidas Face Mask Cover
Apart from making some of the best shirts for running, adidas also produces amazing face masks. What we have here is the adidas Face Mask Cover. It may not have the bells and whistles some people need. However, this simple and basic mask gets the job done without a single flaw! For one, this sports mask is available at a ridiculously low price, especially considering it’s manufactured by one of the biggest sports brands. Furthermore, it’s lightweight and breathable, which makes your run more enjoyable. Not to mention, it won’t shrink or fade no matter how often you wash it!
- Despite being an adidas mask, it’s extremely affordable.
- This mask is available in multiple sizes.
- It comes in a pack of three.
- It doesn’t have advanced features.
AIRPOP Active Reusable Face Mask
Another recommended option that doesn’t disappoint is the AIRPOP Active Reusable Face Mask. This face mask is big, so we think it suits those with larger facial features better. However, it’s extremely comfortable! And according to the official product page, it’s designed to offer runners extra breathability. Runners love the mask’s medical-grade sealing membrane, which helps the mask to fit your face properly. Apart from that, it comes with a replaceable filter that’s easy to clean. It doesn’t only come with one, but four filters! That way, you don’t have to spend extra money on them.
- There are several color options to choose from.
- It comes with four replaceable filters.
- Its moisture-wicking performance is amazing.
- This mask is on the pricier side.
Blue Bear Protection Sports Mask
Blue Bear is a brand that’s known for making high-quality face masks, including sports masks. And if you’re an avid runner, you’ll love wearing the Blue Bear Protection Sports Mask. This is an eco-friendly option. Instead of cotton, it’s made of bamboo, which then makes it softer and breathable. We’re not kidding when we say this mask is super comfortable. It’s so lightweight and breathable that you may forget it’s there! Apart from that, we love the fact that the ear loops’ lengths are adjustable, giving you a snug but comfy fit. Best of all, it’s available in several colorways!
- This mask is backed by a money-back guarantee.
- It’s surprisingly more lightweight than it looks.
- The outer layer of this mask is fluid-resistant.
- It may be too big for runners with small faces.
Halo Life Face Mask
Best Value for Money. Those searching for high-quality best face masks for running will definitely love the Halo Life Face Mask. First, let’s talk about its design. This face mask features poly-honeycomb outer that’s extremely breathable. Meanwhile, the bamboo lining inside the mask feels super soft, allowing you to wear it all day comfortably. You don’t have to worry about the fit of this mask, as it comes with an adjustable nose clip. In addition to that, we also fancy the replaceable nose pad that can be found between the bridge of the nose and the mask. That way, you won’t find the mask being suctioned to your mouth whenever you’re breathing heavily while running.
- The strip at the bottom of the mask provides a tighter seal.
- We love how soft and easily adjustable the ear straps are.
- It can filter up to 99.8% of airborne pollutants, so it’s one of the best running masks for pollution.
- This isn’t a deal-breaker, but the nose clip makes the mask a bit bulky in the pocket.
Under Armour Adult Sports Mask
Best Overall. When it comes to running sports masks, the Under Armour Adult Sports Mask is unbeatable. This mask is specially designed for strenuous activities. With an antimicrobial inner layer as well as an outer layer that can repel water, you’ll be able to focus more on breaking your new running record and less on fixing your mask.
In addition to that, this sports mask is available in a variety of sizes. If other models on the market are one-size-fits-all, you’ll be thrilled to know that this one is available in many different sizes, from XS to 2XL. That’s not all; it also comes in many color options, including Black, Royal Blue, Red, and many others. For the full specifications, check out Under Armour’s official website!
- This face mask is available in a variety of sizes and colors.
- It’s specifically designed for all-day use.
- The Iso-Chill fabric makes this mask extra comfortable.
- The ear loops aren’t the strongest.
Each mask above may have different features, but all of them will make running safer without sacrificing comfort. Specifically made for sports and with Iso-Chill fabric, we think the Under Armour Adult Sports Mask is the best overall. However, the rest may be as good or better for you! Thus, we’ve categorized some of our picks according to their biggest strengths!
- Best Value for Money: Halo Life Face Mask
- Best Odor Protection: INHERENT Premium Face Mask
- Best Bundle: RURING Face Protector
- Best Anti-Fog: Oakley MSK3 Anti-Fog Face Mask
How To Choose The Best Face Masks for Runners
The amount of face masks sold on the market today is honestly getting out of hand. It seems like every company is selling masks! So, how do you decide which running face mask is good for you?
When deciding which face mask is best for runners, in the end, it all comes down to comfort. Just like your favorite running shoes, you’ll want your face mask to be comfortable. Once you try it on, it shouldn’t put pressure on your ears and move around while you’re running.
It’s normal for runners to breathe heavily. So, you’ll want your mask to be highly breathable. Some masks have filters to protect you from airborne particles, but they shouldn’t suffocate you! Also, don’t try running while wearing an N95 mask, as it’ll be so hard for you to breathe properly.
You don’t want your mask to be too loose when it comes to fit. Loose masks won’t be able to trap your breath and block the virus particles properly. For running, you’ll want a tighter mask, which means it’ll bounce less, and you don’t have to worry about fogging up your sunglasses.
Can you run in an N95 mask?
As we said earlier, the answer is no. Running in an N95 will cause breathing difficulties. Instead of running, you’ll find yourself stopping and taking off your mask!
What is a good mask for running?
A good mask for running is something lightweight, comfortable, and, most importantly, breathable.
Does a mask help running in the cold?
When the temperature drops, running with a mask on can definitely help and make things more bearable. Wearing a winter hat for running can also help!