Are you going to have a road trip with your family soon? Perfect! You may already prepare everything, starting from your plush head pillow to your Corkcicle. But as we all know, long road trips can get boring, especially if you have kids that need constant entertainment. That’s why we’re here to show you some of the best portable car DVD players! They come in handy for long road trips as they’re compact, easy to install, and can play everyone’s favorite movie for hours! However, we have to admit that choosing the best portable DVD players for the car can be quite a task. With so many new models with different features available, which ones are worth your attention? To help you out, we’ve handpicked some of the most popular and trusted options on the market. Keep scrolling and learn more about them!
Table of contents
- DESOBRY Car DVD Player
- YOTON Portable DVD Player
- UEME Portable DVD Player for Car
- DBPOWER Portable DVD Player
- Arafuna Car DVD Player
- WONNIE Dual-Screen DVD Players
- NAVISKAUTO DVD Player for Car
- BOIFUN Portable DVD Player
- SUNPIN Portable DVD Player for Car
- MYDASH Portable DVD Player
- Vanku Car DVD Player
- HDJUNTUNKOR Portable DVD Player
- ieGeek Portable DVD Player
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Portable Car DVD Players
- Are car DVD players worth it?
- How long do portable DVD players last?
- Can you put a DVD player in any car?
DESOBRY Car DVD Player
The first item on our list of the best portable car DVD players is the DESOBRY Car DVD Player. As long as you have the money, there’s no reason not to get this product. Designed for everyone in the family, this DVD player can suck the disc automatically and load in seconds! Changing the disc is also a breeze, even for kids. In addition to that, the headrest DVD player is compatible with many different formats. And since it’s region-free, you don’t have to worry about where your disc comes from. Also, the 135-degree screen angle allows everyone to watch the screen comfortably without a sore neck!
- As one of the best portable DVD players for the car, it’s easy to install.
- It’s backed by a one-year warranty.
- The dual stereo speakers are loud and clear.
- It’s more expensive than many other options.
YOTON Portable DVD Player
Best for Kids. If you want to keep your little one busy and entertained while on the road, look no further than YOTON Portable DVD Player! This small but mighty option is the perfect pick for your kids. The 7.5″ screen is made for kids and can rotate 270 degrees and flip 180 degrees. On top of that, the screen resolution is 800 x 480, which is good enough for most kids. The battery life of this device is also worth the praise. That’s because it can play movies for four to six hours when fully charged. In addition to that, it also supports plenty of different formats. Of course, it can also read the USB and SD card. Other than the DVD player, you’ll also receive a remote control, a charging cable, and an AV cable.
- This device is backed by a 12-month warranty.
- Designed for kids, it’s extremely lightweight and compact.
- The battery life is surprisingly long.
- It doesn’t support 1080p videos.
UEME Portable DVD Player for Car
With a simple control panel, a bright 10.1″ screen, and a battery that can last for up to five hours, there’s no reason not to like the UEME Portable DVD Player for Car. But perhaps one of its biggest selling points is its dual audio jack. With this, two people can enjoy the movie or music at the same time! Furthermore, this DVD player comes with a headrest mount. Installing it is a breeze, and with the anti-shock technology, your movie won’t skip even when the road is bumpy. And if you don’t like collecting discs, this product can also play media from your USB or SD card.
- Comes complete with a high-quality car mount.
- This region-free DVD player supports multiple formats.
- The buttons are simple to understand and easy to use.
- The battery life is a little inconsistent.
DBPOWER Portable DVD Player
Of course, we should also include the extremely popular DBPOWER Portable DVD Player, one of the must-have accessories for the ultimate road trip! This compact yet sturdy item is, like many others, region-free. This means it supports any disc from any country. In addition to that, we also admire how it supports many multimedia formats, including USB and SD cards, for those who are into something more digital.
Don’t worry; unlike those cookie-cutter options on the market, this DVD player comes complete with a remote control. It’s not just any remote control! We find it to be very responsive and comfortable to hold. And for long road trips, you can fold this DVD player into a tablet and mount it on the headrest.
- It can continuously play movies for up to five hours.
- One of the most popular options on Amazon.
- It also has a “Break-Point Memory” feature, which allows you to resume your movie where you left off.
- The 800 x 480 screen isn’t the sharpest and brightest.
Arafuna Car DVD Player
Yes, the Arafuna Car DVD Player may not be the cheapest option on the market, but it surely is one of the best. Compared to its competitors, its screen is way better! Its 1920 x 1080 screen produces sharper and brighter images and can protect your eyesight from fatigue! Plus, the 10.5″ screen size means it’s big enough for most people. That’s not all! This DVD player can also be synced with your smartphone and other devices as a more premium option. We also love its wide compatibility; it can play free-region DVDs, CDs, and others, except for Blu-ray DVDs. Also, have we mentioned how amazing the speakers are? They provide loud and clear stereo sound!
- Changing the disc is nothing but a piece of cake.
- The speakers have been upgraded and can now produce better sound.
- The screen quality is better than most.
- It’s on the pricier side.
WONNIE Dual-Screen DVD Players
Best for Multiple Watchers. Among all the best portable car DVD players, the WONNIE Dual-Screen DVD Players deserve the spotlight! As you can guess from their name, these DVD players are the perfect option for groups with multiple kids or watchers. They come with two screens, so you can play the same movie via an AV cable or two different movies simultaneously!
Apart from that, we also love their battery life. Each of them can play videos for up to five hours constantly without being charged. Additionally, the built-in dual speakers can produce loud audio. Moreover, these region-free DVD players can play multiple different formats!
- The clamshell design means these DVD players are portable.
- You don’t have to get an AV cable separately as it’s already included.
- These items are backed by a 365-day money-back warranty.
- Installing these DVD players can take a while.
NAVISKAUTO DVD Player for Car
Best Premium. Though more expensive than some of the best portable car DVD players on the market, the NAVISKAUTO DVD Player for Car is a premium option that’s also better in a lot of ways. For instance, it comes with built-in HDMI and USB ports and an SD card slot. It offers you more ways to play everyone’s favorite movies. This DVD player can sync to your smartphone, tablet, or even Xbox!
Considered one of the best portable DVD players for the car, the headrest mount holder is also as impressive. It holds the DVD player firmly in place and suits many different headrests. Also included with the DVD player is a set of headphones, a remote control, an AV cable, a user manual, and a mounting bracket.
- This DVD player is backed by an 18-month warranty.
- The addition of the LED backlight is worth praising!
- It can be paired with many devices, including your smartphone and Xbox.
- The volume might not be loud enough for some people.
BOIFUN Portable DVD Player
Best Battery Life. Raise your hand if you’re tired of charging your device after every two hours! If that’s the case, look no further than the BOIFUN Portable DVD Player, one of the best portable DVD players for the car. Featuring a long-lasting battery with a 5,000mAh capacity, this DVD player can continuously play movies for up to six hours! It’s certainly one of the top options for long road trips!
In addition to that, we love the high-resolution screen. The 1280 x 800 screen can rotate 270 degrees and flip for up to 180 degrees. If you need a flexible DVD player, this is a great option. Also, it has an anti-shock feature that can protect your DVD disc and reduce video interruptions caused by shaking. To know more about this DVD player, check out this detailed YouTube review video!
- This DVD player comes with not only amazing dual speakers but also an earphone jack.
- The Last Memory feature allows you to pick up your movie from where you left off.
- Since it’s region-free, you can play any DVD player from any country.
- Some people think this item feels a bit flimsy.
SUNPIN Portable DVD Player for Car
The new and improved SUNPIN Portable DVD Player for Car is another option that’s worth considering. The second-generation LCD is now brighter, allowing you to view the screen more clearly. Just like many other best portable DVD players for the car, the screen can rotate up to 270 degrees and flip up to 180 degrees.
Don’t worry; the screen isn’t the only thing that has been improved. The included remote control is now stronger when it comes to receiving signals. Not to mention, the buttons are more comfortable and sensitive, too. Best of all, this DVD player is backed by an awesome 12-month warranty!
- It’s one of the cheaper options on the market.
- This region-free DVD player supports a lot of different formats.
- It comes complete with dual headphone jacks.
- The screen is too small for some people.
MYDASH Portable DVD Player
If you’re always on the go and want to entertain your kids or even yourself, the MYDASH Portable DVD Player is a must-have. The overall size of the DVD player is 14.9″, but the screen size itself is 12.5″, and it can rotate 270 degrees. This allows you to have an enjoyable viewing experience, as you can also see what’s on the screen clearly even though you’re not right in front of it. Grab your favorite road trip snacks and enjoy the show!
In addition to that, we also appreciate its versatility when it comes to charging. Aside from its rechargeable battery, you can also use a UL-listed adapter as well as a car charger to recharge the battery. Better yet, this region-free DVD player is a bit cheaper than some of the best portable car DVD players on the market today! For the complete specs, check out its official website!
- The DVD player allows you to synch what you’re playing to another screen or even TV via AV ports.
- We love how strong the adjustable straps are, so you can always secure the DVD player in place.
- You can pick up your movie where you left off even after turning it off.
- It doesn’t support Blu-ray DVDs.
Vanku Car DVD Player
Another great addition to our list of the best portable car DVD players is the Vanku Car DVD Player. One of its greatest strengths is its ability to read a wide arrange of file formats and media files. This is also because it comes with a built-in USB port and an SD card slot! Not to mention, the high-quality speakers and the AV output ports allow this DVD player to produce high-definition audio.
When it comes to the viewing experience, this product doesn’t disappoint either. Its 1024 x 600 resolution produces sharp images effortlessly. On top of that, it has an auto-resume feature! So, you can always resume your love where you left off, even after turning the DVD player off or removing the DVD. Pretty convenient, isn’t it?
- As one of the best portable DVD players for the car, it’s backed by an 18-month warranty.
- The built-in dual speakers are perfect for those who enjoy music.
- Its flip-clamshell design makes it super compact and portable.
- The screen size might be a bit too small for some people.
HDJUNTUNKOR Portable DVD Player
With more than 8,000 ratings on Amazon, the HDJUNTUNKOR Portable DVD Player is one of the safest bets! We’re not surprised why it’s so popular, though. For one, this DVD player has a high-resolution 1024 x 600 screen that can rotate 270 degrees. It’s bright, easy to rotate, and can flip 180 degrees, allowing you to watch your movie without interruption.
Named one of the best portable DVD players for the car, you can rest assured that this product is built to last! Aside from being sturdy, it can also play movies for up to five hours. Even better, it has two operating systems! One is for everyday viewing, and the other one is for onboard viewing.
- This item also comes with a customized car bag.
- Like its competitors, it can support a lot of different multimedia formats.
- It’s more affordable than many other options on the market.
- The quality of the included remote can be improved.
ieGeek Portable DVD Player
Best Value for Money. The ieGeek Portable DVD Player is one of the most popular options currently out there, and there are so many reasons why. For one, people love its design! This compact DVD player, like many, can be folded so you can carry it around like a book or tablet. Despite its size, you’ll be surprised by how sturdy it feels, especially once you know how much it costs you!
Furthermore, this kid-friendly DVD player comes with a long-lasting battery that can continuously play movies for up to five hours. This allows you to play around two full-length movies without stopping! On top of that, the built-in dual speakers are nothing short of powerful and can produce a clear sound. This product should be your go-to option if you’re hunting for the best portable car DVD players! Check out Digital David’s review for more information about this product.
- It comes complete with an AC power adapter.
- The sharp and bright screen also comes with an eye-protective feature.
- This affordable product is available in four different shades.
- Some people want the screen to be bigger.
No matter where your destination is, all of our picks above are reliable options that can entertain everyone in your family! However, we know that not everyone has the same preferences. With that in mind, we’ve categorized some of our picks according to the following criteria:
- Best Value for Money: ieGeek Portable DVD Player
- Best Battery Life: BOIFUN Portable DVD Player
- Best Premium: NAVISKAUTO DVD Player for Car
- Best for Multiple Watchers: WONNIE Dual-Screen DVD Players
- Best for Kids: YOTON Portable DVD Player
How To Choose The Best Portable Car DVD Players
Aside from the best coolers and audiobooks for road trips, having a portable DVD player can also make your trip more fun! Now that you’ve read our list of the best portable car DVD players, it’s time to know some of the most important features to consider!
One of the most important things to consider when you’re looking for the best portable car DVD players is the screen size. Of course, they’re not meant to be huge. However, they shouldn’t be too small either! For your kids, getting a DVD player with a screen at least 7″ is usually the norm. But for a better experience, you can also get something 10″ or more.
You’ll also want your DVD player to be able to play multiple files. Despite its name, a DVD player should be able to play more than just a DVD disc. It should be able to play other formats like AVI, mp4, DIVX, and others.
Audio and video quality
For a more enjoyable experience, you should look for a DVD player that has good audio and video quality. The speakers should be loud and clear, and we highly suggest getting a DVD player that’s at least 720p.
Needless to say, no one wants a DVD player that shuts down after only an hour. So, looking for the best portable DVD players for cars with long battery life would be best. Most of them should be able to last at least five hours after being fully charged.
Are car DVD players worth it?
If you plan to have a long road trip and want to level up your car’s entertainment options, they’re definitely worth it. They’re portable and provide plenty of features to entertain everyone in the family.
How long do portable DVD players last?
Generally, most portable DVD players will be able to last for at least five hours. It’s good enough to get through most flights or rides.
Can you put a DVD player in any car?
Of course! Most portable DVD players can be used in your car, but we recommend getting the models that are specifically made for that. They usually come with a mount so you can mount them on the headrest.