Boots are one of the most common pieces many women go for in winter. They add classiness and elegance to your overall outfit, and they’re protected in case it rains as well. Since boots are so common among women, you’ll find different styles for all purposes. Here, we’re more interested in women’s winter waterproof boots. These boots are made of outer materials that ensure no water can leak into your feet. Thus, they’re suitable for the rainy season.
Although waterproof boots are so prevalent, not all of them have the same waterproofing features. Hence, this review will give you a glimpse of the top 13 women’s winter waterproof boots. In addition, we’ll tell you how to choose the best boots based on some criteria. Let’s check the list now.
Table of contents
- Chooka Women’s Waterproof Plush Chelsea Boot
- KEEN Women’s Revel 4 Snow Boot
- BOGS Women’s Sauvie Slip-on Boot
- Sorel Women’s Joan of Arctic Next Boot
- Polar Womens Tactical Knee Boots
- UGG Women’s Adirondack Boot Iii
- DREAM PAIRS Women’s Mid-Calf Waterproof Boots
- SOREL – Women’s Caribou Waterproof Boots
- EYUSHIJIA Women’s Rain Boots
- Chooka Mid-Height Rain Boot
- Timberland PRO Women’s Direct Attach
- Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boots
- Asgard Women’s Ankle Chelsea Boots
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Women’s Winter Waterproof Boots?
- What are insulated waterproof boots?
- Should I size up in boots?
- What are the waterproof materials for boots?
Chooka Women’s Waterproof Plush Chelsea Boot
Whenever waterproof boots are mentioned, Chelsea boots are the first thing that comes to mind, as they’re very common in all seasons. Chooka Women’s Waterproof Plush Chelsea Boots have the signature design of all Chelsea boots with a two-inch heel for some elegance. In addition to being waterproof and very practical in everyday outings, they’re fashion statements that go with most outfits.
Many brands have Chelsea boots in their winter collections, yet those from Chooka are 100% waterproof. Besides, the color options, such as navy, olive, and grey, are very nice and attractive. You can also choose the tiger pattern if you want to stand out among the others.
- The boots have an internal lining to provide warmth
- The raised heels and the matte finish add more elegance
- They’re slip-in boots that are very easy to put on and off
- They might not be the most comfortable option for long walks
KEEN Women’s Revel 4 Snow Boot
Best for walking on snow. KEEN Women’s Revel 4 Snow Boot is one of the best winter boots for hiking on snow. They’re hiking boots in the first place, as they feel so comfortable and warm. The soles are made of rubber with a special pattern for the outsoles to provide the most gripping features ever. Thus, these boots are specially made for icy and snowy weather conditions.
Apart from the soles, the boots are lined from the inner part with a thermal heat shield for warming your feet when it’s freezing outside. The insulation rate is up to -25°f/-32°c. Thus, these are the boots you need for the coldest weather conditions. Watch this detailed YouTube video review to know more about the features of those rigorous boots available for both men and women.
- They’re insulated boots for very cold weather
- You can clean them easily with a hand towel or a brush
- They provide very good traction on ice and snow
- The sizes might be slightly wide for some people
BOGS Women’s Sauvie Slip-on Boot
Aside from Chelsea boots, there are other similar options if you want slip-on boots with a similar design to Chelsea boots. BOGS Women’s Sauvie Slip-on Boot is one of those options and one of the best women’s boots for walking. The boots are practical as they’re comfortable for walking on different terrains. Plus, they’re easy to put on and off in seconds.
Additionally, the boots are cushioned from the inner part to add more comfort. They’re waterproof boots, as you know, but even if water gets into the boots by any means, you’ll never experience any moisture or bad odors. This is because of the DuraFresh organic bio-technology these boots enjoy.
- They’re very easy to slip on and off
- The inner part is cushioned for your comfort
- The boots have DuraFresh organic bio-technology to resist bad odors
- They might wear out quicker than other similar boots
Sorel Women’s Joan of Arctic Next Boot
Sorel boots are available for men, women, and kids as well. These boots are known for their fashionable style. Our recommendation for women’s winter waterproof boots is Sorel Women’s Joan of Arctic Next Boot. This boot has a raised outsole, so your feet are elevated from the ground, and they’ll never get wet. The upper part is made of full-grain leather and suede with faux fur lining at the top of the neck.
Moreover, the inner parts of the boots are lined with microfleece lining. In brief, the boots have everything you might need for cold winter weather. Besides, you’re wearing a statement fashionable piece to stay on trend.
- The inner parts are lined with microfleece lining
- The insoles are so comfortable as they’re made of die-cut EVA rubber
- They look so fashionable
- The fur part can get dirty easily
Polar Womens Tactical Knee Boots
Are you lAre they looking forward to hitting the trail or hiking a mountain in this snowy weather? Polar Womens Tactical Knee Boots are your first go-to boots in this situation. These boots are essentially made for difficult missions. They have long necks for covering as much as possible while looking fashionable at the same time. Besides, they’re packed with waterproofing features such as raised outsoles and leather material.
Even more, the boots feel so warm from the inside. They’re internally lined for warmth, and the neck has a wool cuff for a winter boot style. The boots might look difficult to put on as the laces are too long. However, this isn’t the case. They have zippers to ease this process, so they’re also practical boots.
- The interior is perfectly lined for warmth
- They’re so fashionable while being practical as well
- The boots are suitable for hiking and mountaineering
- They’re wide for some people
UGG Women’s Adirondack Boot Iii
One of the most known brands of winter waterproof boots is UGG. You might think we’re talking about this boot with the signature design of UGGs. Yet, UGGs have other models that are worth mentioning on this list, like this UGG Women’s Adirondack Boot Iii. The boots are good for hiking, walking on ice, and even wearing on everyday outings. This boot, in particular, is perfect as it looks like normal shoes you would wear when you’re hesitating about what to wear today.
Checking whether those boots offer enough warmth or not, we found that the boots are suitable for below-zero weather conditions. They’re insulated and lined internally to keep your feet dry and warm. Best of all, they’re very good quality and construction. One of the best reviews you can check is this one from
Fritz-Chell & Kids, you’ll get to know all the features of the UGGs and why they’re worth buying.
- The boots are made of high-quality materials
- They’re well-insulated for cold weather
- They have removable footbeds
- They’re way too expensive
DREAM PAIRS Women’s Mid-Calf Waterproof Boots
Best value-for-money. DREAM PAIRS Women’s Mid Calf Waterproof Boots are one of the highly recommended boots for those looking for a reasonably-priced waterproof pair of winter boots for women. The boots combine leather with textile fabrics to provide waterproofing features and warmth as well. In addition, they are something between casual and classical styles. So, they’ll fit different occasions.
One of the things that drew our attention to those boots, and we believe it’s the same thing many women like those boots, is the color combinations. DREAM PARIS has several designs of these boots, like the one you can see in the image below, mixing brown, grey, and khaki colors together. You can find similar options such as beige and white, black and grey, and black and brown. Above all, they’re very waterproof and suitable for walking on snow and ice as well.
- The boots provide the needed warmth for very low temperatures
- There are very nice color combinations
- You won’t pay that much for a high-quality pair of boots
- People with wide feet might not find a tight-fit size
SOREL – Women’s Caribou Waterproof Boots
Want something soft and cozy for cold winter days? SOREL – Women’s Caribou Waterproof Boots have a warm internal lining and a Sherpa pile snow cuff for going out all day, no matter how cold. In addition to the waterproof feature, these boots make one of the best for everyday outfits. They aren’t classical boots for formal outings, yet, they aren’t too casual either. The boots mix style and practicality together in suede full-grain packaged boots.
Furthermore, the inner lining stands for cushioning as well. It adds softness and the feeling of walking on clouds. This lining is also removable for an easier cleaning process. Are you still having mixed feelings? This video sums it all up!
- They’re too warm for very cold weather
- They look modern, mixing classical and casual styles together
- The inner lining is removable
- The boots are a bit heavyweight
EYUSHIJIA Women’s Rain Boots
EYUSHIJIA Women’s Rain Boots are sold in different designs, from the short Chelsea boots to the long-neck boots. The common thing between them all is that they’re all waterproof and easy to slip in. They also come with a pair of socks, so cold weather isn’t a problem at all.
Aside from that, they’re fashionable boots and never go off-trend. They have slightly raised heels that add an accent, but they don’t hinder you from walking conveniently. Plus, the boots are lightweight, so they’re good for walking.
- The boots are available in different neck styles
- They’re so lightweight
- They’re slip-in boots, so you’ll take a few seconds to get them on
- They might be a bit stiff on the first few days
Chooka Mid-Height Rain Boot
Rubber boots are always the best when it comes to waterproofing. Chooka Mid-Height Rain Boot is a great rubber boot for protecting your feet and calves from the rain. The boots are mid-height, so a larger part of your leg is covered. At the same time, there are no laces or zippers; you just slip your feet in. To add a fashionable accent, the boots have a matte finish and a metal buckle on one side.
These waterproof boots are also comfy thanks to the memory foam insoles. The lining inside is so warm as well. Although they look like very basic boots, they have all that it takes for the best women’s winter waterproof boots. And the price is unexpected!
- You’ll need seconds to slip your feet inside the boots
- They have memory foam insoles for comfort
- The price is quite affordable
- They might be a bit heavy on your feet
Timberland PRO Women’s Direct Attach
A list of the best women’s winter waterproof boots can’t go without a Timberland option, one of the best brands of boots for winter. Timberland PRO Women’s Direct Attach was the best waterproof option we could find for women. However, it isn’t the most fashionable one. So, it fits more women who are looking for work boots that keep water away.
Aside from that, the boots are also perfect for cold weather. They feature PrimaLoft insulation of 200 grams thickness. This shall keep your feet warm all day. Although they look rigorous and high-quality, these boots aren’t heavyweight. Instead, they’re so lightweight and comfortable to wear for long hours.
- The boots are premium quality
- They’re suitable for very cold weather
- They’re so comfortable for long days
- They’re more work boots than fashionable ones
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boots
Best durability. Another pair of very durable and functional winter waterproof boots for women, Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boots are nice-looking ankle boots for the rainy season. The boots are very durable and well-constructed to withstand difficult weather conditions. If you want something that lives, these are the ones. Besides, you have some color options to choose from, so you won’t get stuck in one style or design only.
Paying a closer look at the boots, we found that they’re cushioned with a premium cushioning material. Actually, they feel like sneakers on your feet. Moreover, there are some mesh parts on the boots for breathability. These are one of the few waterproof boots offering good breathability.
- They have a very durable construction
- They fit very well
- They provide very good traction
- They aren’t the best boots for heavy rain
Asgard Women’s Ankle Chelsea Boots
Best colors. Some women will never compromise on their style. While they need some waterproof boots to beat the rainy weather, they still want something that doesn’t ruin the overall look. Asgard Women’s Ankle Chelsea Boots are one of these options that fashionistas love a lot. The boots look so attractive, and the colors are amazing! And you’ll still get the waterproof feature you’re looking for.
Moreover, the boots are very comfortable to wear. Like all other Chelsea boots on the list, they’re slip-in boots for the easiest on-and-off process. Plus, the EVA insoles are also very comfortable for walking miles. Best of all, cleaning them after a long day in water and mud is a breeze.
- The colors are so unique and attractive, especially the green and yellow ones
- The boots are so lightweight and comfortable
- They’re easy to put on and off with a pull-tag
- They’re so cheap considering the features they have
- They don’t have an inner lining for warmth
Having read the list above, you might choose any of the boots if you’re looking for waterproofing. However, there are some waterproof boots with other features you might be looking for. Here is a smaller list of the best waterproof boots with other top features.
- Best colors: Asgard Women’s Ankle Chelsea Boots
- Best durability: Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boots
- Best value-for-money: DREAM PAIRS Women’s Mid-Calf Waterproof Boots
- Best for walking on snow: KEEN Women’s Revel 4 Snow Boot
How To Choose The Best Women’s Winter Waterproof Boots?
Waterproof winter boots come in a wide variety of styles, designs, and materials. Consider these features before buying if you’re looking for a good pair of women’s winter waterproof boots. They might help you make an informed decision.
We aren’t talking about waterproof materials here because it goes without saying that you should make sure of the waterproofing feature in the first place. However, not all waterproof boots are good ones. Some have very stiff materials, such as leather boots. These aren’t good for everyday use. Similarly, some materials aren’t durable at all. They wear out quickly, so they aren’t a good choice for hiking or trekking as well. To sum up, consider the occasions you’ll wear the boots before buying.
The soles of the boots should be as waterproof as the boot’s material. The soles of waterproof boots are thicker with better traction. They’re made this way to prevent skidding on ice or snow. You can also find waterproof boots with high heels; these are good for walking on ice, provided the heels aren’t too high and comfortable.
The last feature you ought to check is the neck of the boots you’re planning to buy. You’ll find boots with lengthy necks that cover the calves and others with mid-calf necks. There are also ankle boots with very short necks. While it all depends on your style, it’s preferred to go for high necks if you need full waterproofing when it rains. Don’t forget to check the width of the neck, as some women with wide calves find it difficult to wear boots with high necks.
What are insulated waterproof boots?
Insulated waterproof boots are those with an inner lining that provides warmth. Usually, this lining is faux fur, wool, or Thinsulate material.
Should I size up in boots?
Not necessarily. It all depends on the boots you’re buying. Some boots have the exact size and fit you’re usually used to.
What are the waterproof materials for boots?
There are different materials that provide waterproofing, such as Nubuck leather, full-grain leather, rubber, or faux leather.