Having a camping trip means you’ll spend days on the road. Not to mention, you’ll spend even more time when you want to stop by a restaurant to get some instant food. However, if you want to save money, you can cook your own meal instead! This is where the kitchen becomes a cost saver. If you own a camper, you should make sure the kitchen is well-equipped! That’s why we’re here to show you the 13 best camper van kitchen accessories to make your trip more convenient and practical! Better yet, some of them can be used to cook outdoors! From containers to coffee makers, the following kitchen accessories for RV will make your trip more enjoyable! Let’s have a closer look at each of our recommendations below!
Table of contents
- Kimteny Kitchen Cloth Dish Towel
- Dr. Catch Paper Towel Holder
- Trash Bag Holder for Cupboards, Kitchen Cabinet Door
- Esie Houzie Kitchen Gadgets Set 5 Pieces
- Cook with Color Nesting Bowls
- Q’s Inn Silicone Trivet Mats
- COOKLOVER Stackable Cookware Set
- Life 2 Go Camp Cooking Utensil Set & Outdoor Kitchen Gear
- FOODLE Wheat Straw Dinnerware Sets
- Kitchen Plus Home Thin Bins Collapsible Containers
- Zhildchen Collapsible Dish Rack and Drainboard Set
- Mueller French Press Coffee Maker
- Gas One Portable Camping Stove
- Our Verdict!
- How to Choose the Best Camper Van Kitchen Accessories
- What should I put in my RV kitchen?
- How do you pack dishes in an RV?
- How do you stock an RV kitchen?
Kimteny Kitchen Cloth Dish Towel
You may not realize it but having a good-quality kitchen towel is as significant as having the right RV Covers. As a kitchen accessory for the RV, microfiber material kitchen cloth is a good choice to stack on your kitchen drawer. Microfiber is the leading fast-drying towel material, which is what Kimteny Kitchen Cloth Dish Towel stands for.
Kimteny comes in 12-pack kitchen towels on velvet microfiber material. Thus, it is soft, has high absorption, and quickly dries at the same time. Herewith, you won’t need to stack many clothes in your RV, and your storage space will be spacious enough to keep other items.
- It can be washed both manually with hands or by machine
- The material is thick for multiple usages
- It is available in a range of colors
- The cloth is weak in thick oil absorbance
Dr. Catch Paper Towel Holder
When microfiber cloth can handle your water or dust problem, for thick heavy oil, paper towel is still the kitchen rescuer. To have an efficient paper tower placement on your RV kitchen, you need to have Dr. Catch Paper Tower Holder installed under your sink or on the side of your kitchen cabinet as the next best kitchen accessory.
This paper towel holder is one of the best camper van kitchen accessories because it can be installed horizontally and vertically. Therefore, you can match it up with the available space in your RV kitchen. It will make your area neat, and don’t forget to place it where you can easily grab it while working in your kitchen.
- Its ss 304 material is strong and has great outdoor resistance
- It comes with adhesive glue and a screw as a mounting option
- It is rustproof with longer durability
- If you are using adhesive to mount it to the wall when it is exposed to heat or water, it may wear off after some time
Trash Bag Holder for Cupboards, Kitchen Cabinet Door
Don’t have much space left in your RV for a trash bin? Get this one camper van kitchen accessory to solve your trash problem. Prepare the trash bag and get the Trash Bag Holder for Cupboards, Kitchen Cabinet Door, and you will have a compatible space for a trash bag that fits.
Designed using high-quality stainless steel material, this trash bag holder will help you to dispose of your trash easily. You can tie the trash bag immediately after it’s full, and you won’t be worried about having bad odor in your RV anymore.
- It is equipped with a cushion on its hook to avoid scratching the cabinet doors
- Good value for money
- The construction is designed strong and sturdy
- The size is only specified for certain cabinet doors; if you have different door sizes, you need to adjust them first before you install the trash holder
Esie Houzie Kitchen Gadgets Set 5 Pieces
These Esie Houzie Kitchen Gadgets Set 5 Pieces of kitchen tools are the key to a successful cooking experience during your camper van trip. It is easy to hold, and you can place it in the drawer as it doesn’t take up much space. Stack them on top of each other and put them in the most accessible drawer.
Why are they included as the best camper van kitchen accessories? Because they do well for peeling vegetables and fruits, grating cheese or onions, cutting pizza, to opening a bottle, Esie Houzie is your one-stop solution.
- The material is made of stainless and ABS plastic, durable and resilient.
- It can be cleaned using the dishwasher without damaging the stainless
- It is suitable as an option for souvenirs or a gift set
- Due to its small size, this may be mistakenly placed and missing while camping
Cook with Color Nesting Bowls
Stackable items are a lifesaver for camper van trips as they require less storage space without losing functionality. It is what best describes this Cook with Color Stackable Nesting Bowls. It comes with sets of essential items from double bowls, a colander, a sifter, and Quatro pax of measuring cups.
This kitchen accessory for RV comes very handy in time to clean fruits or vegetables as the colander can drain the water in no time. The bowl size fits perfectly for food mixing, and the smaller one even has a measurement inside. A measuring spoon is also helpful when you need to make sure how much salt or pepper you will need for your dishes.
- It is 100% BPA-free which is safe for food handling
- It comes with several attractive color options
- Good value for money
- It is not suitable for high-temperature cooking or preparation due to its plastic material
Q’s Inn Silicone Trivet Mats
The last thing we’d like to have during our trip is to have a slippery surface during cooking and dining. To avoid this, Q’s Inn silicone trivet mats are the answer. It will hold your pots steady, so they won’t move around during mealtime. The mats will also protect your kitchen or dining table surface from high temperatures.
With its silicone material, Q’s inn trivet mats are flexible and durable as they can withstand extreme temperatures from -40°C to 230°C. Hence, it is not only durable against heat but also cold – a perfect high-temperature front guard for your RV kitchen.
- It can be used as dish drying as the honeycomb pattern will hold over the water
- It is easy to clean and easy to dry
- It is safe to use in the kitchen as it is Food Grade Approved
- The thickness may not be suitable for holding small cookware
COOKLOVER Stackable Cookware Set
Best Quality. The best quality cookware for an RV kitchen is the Cooklover Stackable Cookware Set! This so-called “cooking totem” is the kitchen accessory for Rv that provides you with a set of pans, pots, and skillets with detachable handles. It will allow you to cook various kinds of food. Moreover, it comes with an elegant artistic design with less space needed.
This cookware set is also very easy to clean. It is a non-stick marble-coating cookware that you can rinse thoroughly with running water and wipe clean afterward. For those who are into healthy eating, this cookware material is designed for cooking with less oil at low temperatures. Moreover, If you are keen to camp in the open air, this best cookware for camping is also a useful source.
- Bulky aluminum body
- It is Environmentally friendly as it produces less smoke
- Pans and pots are suitable for cooking with an oven, stove, or induction hob
- The price is considerably high
Life 2 Go Camp Cooking Utensil Set & Outdoor Kitchen Gear
Once you have the pans and pots, you will need the utensils to cook. Look no further, as this Life 2 Go Camp Cooking Utensil Set & Outdoor Kitchen Gear will be the best camper van kitchen accessories that will compliment your cookware set. It is not only a utensil for an indoor kitchen but also accommodates your outdoor kitchen needs, such as campfire cooking, where easy campfire recipes may give you inspiration on what to cook.
Constructed of stainless steel materials which means that strength is not a problem. With the premium material, durability is certain. It comes in 10 handy pieces with a compact, resilient case that has extra space to keep your other tools together. Check this detailed review from gooutdoormore on YouTube.
- All the utensils are easy to clean
- It has a sturdy design
- It can be a perfect gift at an affordable price
- The case side handle is impractical to hang the set, and the utensils will fall if put on an angle
FOODLE Wheat Straw Dinnerware Sets
Another great choice of kitchen accessories for an RV would be Foodle Wheat Straw Dinnerware Sets for 4. Carrying environmentally friendly material from natural wheat straw fiber and food grade pp, this dinnerware set is lightweight and unbreakable in the first place. Making it very safe and also very quiet to use while RV is on the road, as it does not make a sound like ceramics do.
It is dishwasher friendly, and if you have heavy, greasy meals, you can boil some water and rinse it with soap to remove the grease. You will find your dinnerware back to squeaky clean in minutes.
- It has high resilience to high temperatures; therefore, it is microwave-safe and freezer safe.
- It comes in various calming pastel colors
- It is safe for kids to use
- They are often out of stock due to their value buy
Kitchen Plus Home Thin Bins Collapsible Containers
Most Compact. Sometimes after a long day on the road and several hours of cooking, we could not manage to finish the food for dinner. Rather than throwing out the leftover, we can store them for the next morning in sealed containers. Kitchen Plus Home thin bins collapsible containers are the best option for kitchen accessories for RV for this.
As mentioned before, anything collapsible and stackable is worthed, and these thin bins containers are the most compact! You can collapse it and store it in your kitchen cabinet or drawers when you don’t use it.
- It is safe to be stored in the refrigerator
- You can reheat food directly in a microwave with these containers
- It is constructed with snap-on lids to ensure food freshness
- Repeated usage in a microwave or chiller may harm the material
Zhildchen Collapsible Dish Rack and Drainboard Set
This is one of the best and must-have items under camper van kitchen accessories for all RV-ers. After finishing food preparation and cooking meals, cleaning up dirty plates and dishes would be quite a task. Nevertheless, you can be relieved now that the Zhildchen collapsible dish rack and drainboard set will come to the rescue.
Its collapsible mechanism makes this dish rack easy to be stored under your RV kitchen sink, and another good thing about this dish rack is that it saves the amount of water you need to wash your dishes. This collapsible dish rack is user and environmentally friendly since it is already BPA-free and made from plastic and silicone.
- It fits indoor and outdoor use, so you can use it even when the camper is on the move
- The bottom tray can be used for serving food and drinks
- It fits different sizes of kitchen sinks in RV
- It may be easily stained as the color is rather bright
Mueller French Press Coffee Maker
Best Value for Money. For those who fancy a good morning coffee, Mueller French Press Coffee Maker is the best camper van kitchen accessory you must have on your list. Its double-layered stainless steel structure will serve you the perfect, full-bodied morning coffee brew, just like a pro barista!
Mueller’s thicker body can maintain the heat inside so that your hot coffee can last up to 1 hour. With all its advantages, Mueller deserves to be the best kitchen accessories for RV in terms of value for money! Watch a helpful review from appmyhome on youtube for this coffee maker.
- It comes with a matching canister
- You can make other non-coffee drinks, also
- Its four-layer filtration will give you smooth coffee results with no leftover coffee grounds
- The plunger may sometimes be difficult to be cleaned
Gas One Portable Camping Stove
Most Practical. Gas One Portable Camping Stove indeed is the best camper van kitchen accessory of all. Although some Rv may have a stove installed in their kitchen, this portable camping stove should still be included in every trip. This one works well with butane and propane fuel, and you will have flexibility in cooking indoors and outdoors as this one is easy to carry.
Constructed with piezo electric ignition, you won’t need any lighter or matches to ignite a flame. This will make it safer if you are traveling with children since they won’t get exposed to direct fire from lighter. Check out this detailed review from The Northwood RV life on this stove.
- It has an adjustable heat knob that allows you to set the flame
- Built-in with a safety system where it will automatically eject the cartridge shall there be any irregularities detected
- Easy to carry and placed for outdoor cooking
- It needs a designated covered area to avoid pressure
Looking back to the list of kitchen accessories for your RV, there may be other items that you think suit best your kitchen and your camper van trip. However, the listed items above have their advantages, and here are some criteria that may help narrow down your preferences.
- Best Value for Money: Mueller French Press Coffee Maker
- Best Quality: Cooklover Stackable cookware set
- Most Compact: Kitchen Plus Home Thin Bins Collapsible Containers
- Most Practical: Gas One Portable Camping Stove
How to Choose the Best Camper Van Kitchen Accessories
To determine which camper van kitchen accessories are best for you, there are some key features that you should consider. Have a glimpse at the following features below!
The RV kitchen area is full of limitations and needs to accommodate many types of equipment to make your road trip enjoyable. Always consider the size of the kitchen accessories for the RV that you bring, and look for something stackable or collapsable to generate more space.
Durable camper van kitchen accessories will keep you feeling more secure as you know that you are using items that have long life spans, and you won’t need to worry about finding a replacement in the middle of your trip.
As camper van trips are mostly outdoor and closely related to direct heat or even low temperatures, it is necessary to have camper van kitchen accessories with resilient material that can withstand extreme temperatures. Accessories such as containers or cookware should also be able to be used with an oven or freezer.
Value for Money
In terms of kitchen accessories for RV, value for money would mean having accessories that have good quality at a reasonable price. Reasonable here may not always be affordable, but in line with the quality itself. Some items may have lower prices out there. However, it won’t create any value for you if you can only use the items for a short period.
In a compact area such as an RV kitchen, always try to look for camper van kitchen accessories that have a dual purpose or multi-functional usage so that you will have one item with many advantages. This is to utilize the limited space so it can accommodate most functions. Therefore you will have a guaranteed safe and pleasant trip with comprehensive equipment to support your back.
What should I put in my RV kitchen?
It depends on your RV kitchen space and your trip length. You will need accessories for your RV kitchen that will make your indoor and outdoor cooking experience easier and more enjoyable. Get accessories that are compact, multi-functional, as well as long-lasting.
How do you pack dishes in an RV?
Make sure that you choose dishes or containers that are stackable or collapsable. This is so you will not find any difficulties finding space to store these dishes. You can scroll back up for the option of dishes that you can get for this.
How do you stock an RV kitchen?
There are kitchen accessories for RV that you should consider stocking before you start your trip. Cookware, measuring spoons, colander, and kitchen and dinner utensils are some that you may want to keep in mind. These camper van accessories are helpful and practical. Not sure which one to stock? Scroll back up as we present the list of the 13 best camper van accessories for you to get.