Camping is fun, but nothing can beat camping with your beloved family members! That said, everyone in your family should be equipped with the best camping gear, including your kid. That’s why we’re here to encourage you to get your kiddo one of the top camping lanterns for kids. Getting them an appropriate lantern is important. It can help them see the surroundings more clearly at night, and it will also come in handy during emergencies. Not to mention, some have special effects and adorable designs that can keep your little one entertained. However, not all camping lanterns for kids are built the same. So, why don’t you keep scrolling and take a look at our picks?
Speaking of which, you should also check out these fun games for camping. That way, your kid will never be bored!
Table of contents
- HABBA Terra Kids Camping Lantern
- Nature Bound Light & Sound Lantern
- Onite Kids Camping Lantern
- STARTOGO Portable Camping Lantern
- KIZEN Solar Lantern
- Hathdia Camping Lantern for Kids
- Alritz Fairy Lanterns
- Learning Resources Solar Lantern
- Discovery Kids 2-in-1 Starlight Lantern
- Coleman Kids LED Adventure Mini Lantern
- FANT.LUX LED Camping Lantern
- Backyard Safari Mini Lantern for Kids
- Time Concept Smile LED Lantern for Kids
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Camping Lanterns for Kids
- Is a lantern necessary for camping?
- How bright should a camping lantern be?
- Are rechargeable lanterns worth it?
HABBA Terra Kids Camping Lantern
Kicking off this list is the HABBA Terra Kids Camping Lantern, one of the most well-designed camping lanterns for kids. Using this lantern is easy. You can turn it on by just pulling the lamp head out. Want to turn it off? Just push it back down. Such a piece of cake, right?
Aside from that, we also love how sturdy the handles feel. Made of metal, they make carrying and hanging the lantern an easy task. What’s more, there’s also a convenient storage compartment that your kid can use to keep bandages and other small camping gear! For more information about this product, check out its official product page!
- This lantern can run for about six hours straight.
- Its six LEDs provide plenty of illumination compared to other cheaper models.
- It’s both lightweight and compact, so kids won’t have any problems carrying it.
- It’s too bright to be used inside small tents.
Nature Bound Light & Sound Lantern
Make your kid feel like they’re the world’s best camper by giving them not only the best camping walkie-talkies but also the Nature Bound Light & Sound Lantern! This green lantern features realistic glowing light that flickers softly and is great for both indoor and real-life camping. It’s as if your kid is holding a real lantern!
According to its official page, this lantern can produce nature sound effects. It’ll definitely make your kid feel like they’re on an exciting adventure. Apart from that, using this lantern is nothing but a breeze. The on-off switch is easy to use and comes with 2 AA batteries.
- It ships in a vibrant and colorful box, making it an excellent gift option for kids.
- Lightweight and portable, it also comes with a handy carrying handle.
- Though made of plastic, this item won’t break easily.
- It’s a shame that it looks cheaper than it is.
Onite Kids Camping Lantern
Say hello to the Onite Kids Camping Lantern! Compact and portable, this is one of the most popular camping lanterns for kids. This lantern has two light modes. The White Light Mode is perfect for helping your kids read at night and protect their precious eyes. Meanwhile, the Flame Light Mode can easily create a special atmosphere with its warm ambiance.
Additionally, this lantern is highly durable. Thanks to its waterproof ABS material, it can withstand any weather conditions. Whether it’s raining or snowing, this lantern can handle it all! Apart from that, the bulb is far from fragile. Finally, it doesn’t take up much space.
- Can be easily hung on anything, including your travel bag.
- Because of its flat bottom, it can also be placed on flat surfaces.
- Apart from camping, it’s also suitable for other outdoor activities and reading.
- It’s a bit smaller than what some people expect.
STARTOGO Portable Camping Lantern
Aside from being cute, the STARTOGO Portable Camping Lantern also has a thoughtful design. We love how soft the PVC handle is. It’s flexible and soft, so carrying it around is easy and comfortable. Apart from that, we also fancy the anti-slip bottom that can prevent the lantern from falling. And can we take a moment to appreciate how lovely the cat ears are?
As one of the best camping lanterns for kids, this lantern is also safe for babies. The LED technology makes this item cool to the touch and has a warm light that won’t hurt the eyes. There are opaque protective cover filters that help make the light appear warm and soft as well! What’s not to like about it?
- It’s available in several color options, but the Pink variant is our favorite.
- After being charged for an hour, it can be used for up to 10 hours.
- This minimalist lantern is easy to use and safe for babies.
- Though eye-catching, this isn’t the most durable option.
KIZEN Solar Lantern
What we have here is the KIZEN Solar Lantern, one of the most popular camping solar lanterns on the market. This budget-friendly lantern is a great all-rounder. It can be charged via USB, doubles as a power bank, and it’s both lightweight and packable! Your kid will have everything they need in a single lantern!
Additionally, we’re sure you’ll be thrilled to know that it’s designed to ensure that it won’t break from overcharging. After all, we know how careless kids can be. What’s more, it has three light modes, which include options like Low, SOS, and High. Not convinced yet? Take a look at WTI’s review of this lantern!
- Even though it has many features to offer, it won’t break your wallet.
- This solar lantern is backed by a lifetime warranty.
- It can last up to 10 hours in low-light mode, which is pretty impressive.
- Design-wise, it doesn’t look as cute or appealing as other camping lanterns for kids.
Hathdia Camping Lantern for Kids
Best Budget. Unlike other camping lanterns for kids that boast punchy and eye-catching designs, Hathdia Camping Lantern for Kids chooses to be a bit more low-key. However, it still manages to be one of the most beautiful options! Perfect for older kids, this minimalist lantern is available in two variants, including Cyan and Pink.
If you think using batteries to power a lantern is a hassle, you’ll love this lantern even more. That’s because it uses USB to charge itself. Plus, there’s a charging indicator light that lets you know if it’s being charged or not. Also, it’s super lightweight and portable, making it an ideal option for camping and other outdoor activities.
- This chic camping lantern has three different light modes.
- After fully charged, it can last for up to 12 hours depending on the light mode.
- Don’t be fooled by its modern design as it’s extremely affordable!
- Its minimalist design may not be eye-catching enough for some kids.
Alritz Fairy Lanterns
Does your kid love fairies? If so, get them their own companion in the form of Alritz Fairy Lanterns! Your little ones are sure to fall deeply in love with these lanterns. They may not be the brightest, but if your kid needs something that can light up the night when they’re sleeping in the dark, these are a great option.
The highlight of these lanterns is that they stimulate creativity! This set includes everything your kid needs to make the fairy lanterns come to life. Your precious one will have fun sticking the fairy to the jar and decorating it with the provided leaves, flowers, ribbons, and twine.
- This DIY set comes complete with jars, stickers, and other beautiful ornaments.
- They can illuminate for over 200 hours with 2 AAA batteries.
- Since they’re stunning, they can also be sued as decoration.
- These lanterns need batteries, but they’re not included in the set.
Learning Resources Solar Lantern
The next addition to our list of the top camping lanterns for kids is the Learning Resources Solar Lantern. As the name implies, this cute, mini lantern is powered by solar. This means it’s perfect not only for camping but other daytime explorations. However, you should note that it’s recommended to charge the lantern for eight hours before use.
Furthermore, this kid-sized lantern also features a sturdy, easy-to-grip handle that makes carrying it around and hanging it a breeze. Apart from that, we also love how long-lasting the adventure-ready plastic material is. This lantern is ready to light up your kid’s night with just a single push!
- Charging it is super easy. Simply put it in the sun and you’re good to go.
- The plastic material is surprisingly durable and easy to clean.
- It’s both lightweight and compact, perfect for portable adventures.
- Some people wish this lantern can run longer after a single charge.
Discovery Kids 2-in-1 Starlight Lantern
Looking for unique camping lanterns for kids that’ll awe your little one? Look no further than the Discovery Kids 2-in-1 Starlight Lantern! Aside from being a lantern, this item can also be used as a cosmic star projector! Give this to your kid and let them create their own constellations inside the tent!
Apart from having two modes, this lantern is also lightweight. Kids can easily take it anywhere they want thanks to the sturdy fold-down carrying handle. And when it comes to the LED, there are four LED patterns that kids can choose from. Though a bit more expensive, it’s definitely worth the money!
- It’s one of the most unique lanterns for kids on the market.
- This lantern is pretty easy to operate and comes with a clear instruction manual.
- One of the most popular lanterns for kids on Amazon.
- The stars aren’t that bright unless it’s completely dark.
Coleman Kids LED Adventure Mini Lantern
Best Value for Money. Coleman is popular for its high-quality camping essentials, like the best camping sinks and camping sleeping bags. But did you know it also makes one of the best camping lanterns for kids? Enter the Coleman Kids LED Adventure Mini Lantern. Unlike its regular lanterns, this one is made of plastic, making it lightweight and kid-friendly. To catch your kid’s attention, it’s also available in several colorways, though our favorite is the Green variant.
Is this lantern bright? Well, since this is a mini lantern made for kids, you shouldn’t expect it to light up the whole campsite. However, its 5 LEDs can emit 44 lumens, which is enough to accompany kids in their tents at night. Apart from that, it can run for up to 16 hours! Pretty impressive, isn’t it?
- The lifetime LEDs never need any replacement.
- This mini lantern is surprisingly water-resistant.
- The build quality is impeccable, so don’t be surprised if it can last for years.
- It doesn’t come with the AA batteries needed to power the lantern.
FANT.LUX LED Camping Lantern
Best Design. Affordable and adorable, the FANT.LUX LED Camping Lantern is a must-have! This owl-shaped lantern is perfect for camping, this owl-shaped lantern will bravely help your little one camp. Not a fan of owls? Fret not, as it’s also available in many other designs, including dog, frog, and giraffe. Each design is so cute that you may even want to get one for yourself!
Aside from its adorable design, this lantern is super helpful when you and your kid are out there. Its flat base means it can stand on any surface without tipping, and there’s also a handle that allows your kid to hang it on the wall. Moreover, using it is a breeze. All your kid has to do is press the button to switch it on.
- Aside from the lantern, your kid will also receive a matching headlamp!
- It gives light off in all directions without being too bright.
- Thanks to its cute design, it can be a nice decoration when not used for camping.
- Though it’s battery-operated, the batteries aren’t included.
Backyard Safari Mini Lantern for Kids
Made with your kids in mind, the Backyard Safari Mini Lantern for Kids is one of the top-selling camping lanterns for kids. One of the biggest selling points of this lantern is its durability. Though made of plastic, it can handle wet conditions and won’t break easily. It’s truly the ideal lantern for little explorers.
Like many other options out there, this one is also lightweight. It weighs only 0.3 lbs! Providing instant light, this mini lantern can be clipped or hung on a hook. But to turn it on, you’ll need 3 AAA batteries. The good thing is they’re included! That sounds like a good deal, right?
- The light is brighter than many other options on the market.
- It comes with a sturdy carabiner clip for hanging.
- It comes with 3 AAA batteries, so you don’t have to look for them anymore.
- This mini lantern will be even more popular if it’s available in more than one color option.
Time Concept Smile LED Lantern for Kids
Best Overall. Put a smile on your kid’s face by gifting them this smiley LED lantern for camping! The Time Concept Smile LED Lantern for Kids is to die for. As one of the best camping lanterns for kids, it’s available in more than 10 eye-catching colorways, and the playful design makes it extremely popular. We love how the hat is also designed as a hook, so your kid can hang it easily.
Aside from its design, this lantern is also multipurpose. Besides camping, it can be used for gatherings and pajama parties! Designed for little ones, it’s lightweight and operated by four AA batteries. Turn it on and it’ll emit a soft light beam that’s perfect for inside the tent. We’re sure this will be your kid’s new favorite thing!
- Apart from being lightweight, it’s also compact, so kids can keep it inside their backpacks as well.
- Cute and practical, this lantern is also extremely affordable!
- The on-off button is easy to push, even for toddlers.
- You’ll need to get your own batteries as they’re not included.
Eye-catching and great at providing light for your kids, each of the lanterns above is sure worth the money. Have a hard time choosing which one to get? Maybe the following categories can help you decide which is the best!
- Best Overall: Time Concept Smile LED Lantern for Kids
- Best Design: FANT.LUX LED Camping Lantern
- Best Value for Money: Coleman Kids LED Adventure Mini Lantern
- Best Budget: Hathdia Camping Lantern for Kids
How To Choose The Best Camping Lanterns for Kids
Choosing the right lantern for your kid can be a challenging task. To make sure you ace it, here are some of the most important features you can consider!
Normally, camping lanterns for kids aren’t as bright as your typical propane lanterns for camping. Most of them are dimmer and softer, so they can be used inside a tent without hurting the eyes. However, you should always check out its brightness as some may be too bright for your kids.
The most common way of charging a lantern is via solar or USB. When getting a camping lantern for your kids, you should know how to charge the lantern properly. You should also note that some require batteries to run.
Last but not least, you should consider the lantern’s design. If your kid loves something cute and vibrant, there are plenty of eye-catching options on the market. But if your little one prefers something more subtle, you should get them a lantern that’s more minimalist but still cute.
Is a lantern necessary for camping?
Yes, it is. Having a lantern can help you see more clearly in dark, and it allows you to have hands-free lighting so you can still set up your tent or do other things.
How bright should a camping lantern be?
Most camping lanterns on the market have around 150 to 350 lumens. But for your kids, getting a lantern with 100 lumens or even under is enough.
Are rechargeable lanterns worth it?
Of course! They’re a great option for those who want to skip the hassle of finding and carrying extra batteries.