Golf is a very popular game among all ages, so no wonder there are special shoes designed for this game in particular. The best golf shoes are the ones that provide good traction besides maximum comfort for the wearer. However, the best golf shoes for winter provide more, as they need to be waterproof in case it rains. Moreover, traction is very important here because sometimes the grounds get very slippery when it’s wet.
Because of all of these factors, we have compiled a list of the best golf shoes for winter play to handle all the above issues. Further, the guide below will be very beneficial if you want to know more about how to choose the best golf shoes for winter. So, don’t miss it out and start checking the list now.
Table of contents
- Under Armour Men’s UA HOVR Tour Spikeless Golf Shoes
- Skechers Men’s Go Torque Pro Golf Shoe
- FootJoy Men’s Tour Alpha Golf Shoe
- ECCO Women’s Biom G3 Golf Shoe
- Stuburt Men’s Sbshu1125 Golf Shoes
- Adidas Men’s Tour360 22 Golf Shoes
- Adidas Men’s ZG21 Golf Shoe
- FootJoy Men’s Premiere Series-Packard Golf Shoe
- New Balance Men’s Breeze V2 Golf Shoe
- Skechers Men’s Torque Waterproof Golf Shoe
- PUMA GOLF Men’s Ignite Pwradapt Caged Golf Shoe
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 8
- Adidas Men’s Tech Response Golf Shoes
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Golf Shoes for Winter?
- Can I wear spikeless golf shoes in winter?
- Can I use golf shoes in other sports rather than golf?
- What is the best kind of socks to wear with golf shoes?
Under Armour Men’s UA HOVR Tour Spikeless Golf Shoes
We start off the list with one of the best models we believe you should try: Under Armour Men’s UA HOVR Tour Spikeless Golf Shoes. This shoe is typically what golf shoes should look like. It’s fully knitted with a spikeless design for lighter weight and more functionalities. However, the grip is perfect, and no one has ever mentioned any issues resulting from this spikeless design. Learn more about the shoes from this video.
Furthermore, support is guaranteed with these shoes. You might think it isn’t that important in a golf shoe as it isn’t the game where we do the highest number of movements. Yet, golf is still an arduous game that needs the gamer to be in the best and most comfortable condition.
- The shoes provide much support
- They provide good traction
- They come out to very comfortable shoes after a while
- It might be a little bit stiff the first few times
Skechers Men’s Go Torque Pro Golf Shoe
Best practical design. Are you looking for something that works as golf shoes for winter and casual sneakers for outings as well? Skechers Men’s Go Torque Pro Golf Shoe is one of the best golf shoes for winter that people can wear on normal days as well. It features replaceable spikes that offer maximum grip and traction as a golf shoe. On the other side, the overall design is similar to most basic sneakers you can get from the same brand or other brands for everyday use. So, you have a two-in-one product.
Aside from that, you’ll enjoy great comfort with these shoes as the midsoles are cushioned and responsive. This type of cushioning is named ULTRA Go which is special for some brands and specific models such as this one. The shoes we are talking about today have become so popular in the last few years; you can check out more about these shoes in this detailed YouTube video review.
- It’s sold at a very affordable price
- The cushioning and soles are so comfortable
- The spikes are replaceable
- They might not be the most durable option ever
FootJoy Men’s Tour Alpha Golf Shoe
FootJoy Men’s Tour Alpha Golf Shoe is a real joy to wear when playing golf. Thanks to the padding you’ll feel under your feet, it’s so comfortable. One other thing you’ll love a lot about these shoes is the lightweight. Plus, it’s one of the best golf shoes for winter play you’ll buy if you’re seeking waterproof shoes.
Pluggedingolf has a comprehensive review of the shoes, but it summarizes the whole thing in one sentence. It’s a comfortable shoe offering great support. We agree with this, as the gripping and traction are perfect. Just go a half size smaller to get a better fit and more control of your shoes on your feet.
- The shoes offer very good traction and grip on the ground
- They have good cushioning
- They’re very waterproofing
- They run on the large side
ECCO Women’s Biom G3 Golf Shoe
We had a claim before digging deep into the features of ECCO Women’s Biom G3 Golf Shoe. They’re the best golf shoes for winter play and the best golf shoes for women from ECCO. Our claims were proven to be true after reviewing many of the features and trying those shoes out. We found them too comfortable, too breathable, and too elegant as well. We know that these aren’t the only features golf players might be looking for, but these shoes still offer many things.
The shoes are lightweight despite the rigorous design they enjoy. They feel comfortable, as we mentioned, because of the Biom Natural Motion Technology. On top of all, the Zarma-Tour spikes, along with the replaceable cleats, are the most practical part of the shoes. Additional information about the shoes is here in this YouTube video review.
- The shoes offer the best breathability
- They’re too comfortable, offering a great connection between your feet and the ground
- The cleats are replaceable
- The toe box is a little bit tight
Stuburt Men’s Sbshu1125 Golf Shoes
One of the best-spiked golf shoes for winter is Stuburt Men’s Sbshu1125 Golf Shoes. These shoes are as light as you might need. Plus, you’ll enjoy cushioned insoles in addition to collars with medium cushioning for maximum comfort. Moreover, the back side of the shoes has a waterproof membrane to be an ideal golf shoe for winter.
Stuburt shoes are also affordable. They’re sold at less than $100. This is a price you won’t always find for golf shoes. Thus, this will be the one if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option. Also it’s good for summer as well because it offers good breathability.
- They’re lightweight and comfortable
- They’re affordable, considering the features
- The shoes are breathable as well
- The cleats aren’t the best quality
Adidas Men’s Tour360 22 Golf Shoes
Best waterproof. Adidas is one of the best brands for shoes in general and one of the best brands for golf shoes as well. Adidas Men’s Tour360 22 Golf Shoes are one of those best options for winter play. The first thing to consider, as usual, is the waterproofing. The shoes are 100% waterproof as they’re made of leather.
Moreover, they have direct-inject TPU spikes, which offer stability on the ground and better control of the movements without any pressure on your feet. The spikes are made in a professional way that enhances a modern look and great performance.
- The midsoles are cushioned for comfort
- They’re made of leather to improve waterproofing
- The spikes aren’t pressuring, and they provide perfect traction
- The shoes are hard to wear at first, so, you need to have blister pads
Adidas Men’s ZG21 Golf Shoe
Best lightweight. A lot to say about Adidas Men’s ZG21 Golf Shoe. It’s one of the best golf shoes for winter that Adidas has ever made. The best part about it is the comfort and lightweight it provides. Even though the same brand manufactures other golf shoes, nothing is lighter than Adidas ZG21.
Moreover, the shoes are cushioned, which is extremely needed by golf players. You won’t feel anything on your feet while wearing these shoes. Plus, the waterproofing is an added feature to be used in winter with no issues at all. There is a lot more to know about these shoes here in this T3 review.
- It’s very lightweight and comfortable
- It offers very good traction
- The shoes are waterproof, especially from the upper side
- The size chart is a bit difficult to understand
FootJoy Men’s Premiere Series-Packard Golf Shoe
Have you ever thought of wearing classical shoes for golf? FootJoy Men’s Premiere Series-Packard Golf Shoe gives you this option as the shoes look like classical leather shoes, yet, they have all the features of golf shoes. Let’s first see the colors of the shoes; there is a black one, an all-white one, and a white with navy blue leather part option. They look so elegant aside from the performance. You’ll love to wear them even if you aren’t playing golf.
The material is natural leather, whereas the largest part of the shoes is grainy leather with a glossy part for leveraging the style and adding more elegance. Best of all, the shoes are spiked but with a low-profile design to ensure the best traction while maintaining their elegance.
- The shoes are so elegant
- They’re made of natural leather material
- There are narrow, wide, and x-wide sizes
- They get dirty quickly, especially the all-white one
New Balance Men’s Breeze V2 Golf Shoe
Breathable with a welded front water guard for water protection, New Balance Men’s Breeze V2 Golf Shoe doesn’t compromise anything to be the greatest golf shoes for men for all seasons! After using these shoes for hours and hours of playing, you’ll confirm that these are one of the most comfortable shoes you have ever had.
As you can guess from the image below, these shoes are spikeless. This design is great for a low-profile overall look. However, some people are worried about stability in such designs. With this New Balance model, don’t even think of it. The grip is perfect even on the wettest and most slippery terrains.
- The mesh part is very breathable
- The insoles are cushioned for comfort, and they’re breathable as well
- The shoes are very grippy
- They aren’t the most waterproof option ever
Skechers Men’s Torque Waterproof Golf Shoe
Again, the second option from Skechers with similar features as expected. Skechers Men’s Torque Waterproof Golf Shoe has soft spikes and replaceable cleats to provide good traction while keeping you comfortable at the same time. Don’t worry about the weather at all because these shoes have an H2GO shield against the water with a one-year warranty for waterproofing.
The most notable feature here is the soles and the technologies behind those soles. The insoles have Goga Max for enough support, whereas the midsoles are ULTRA FLIGHT for responsiveness. Both enjoy enough cushioning to maintain the feeling of walking on the clouds.
- The spikes are comfortable and replaceable
- You’ll get a one-year warranty for waterproof
- The soles are cushioned and very comfortable
- The base isn’t very flexible while moving
PUMA GOLF Men’s Ignite Pwradapt Caged Golf Shoe
PUMA GOLF Men’s Ignite Pwradapt Caged Golf Shoe is contoured to capture your feet inside in a comfy way, provided that they aren’t too wide. The midsole Ignite foam provides responsive cushioning to absorb shocks and release any pain from your feet and ankles for long play hours.
Moreover, the Ultra-thin TPU frame that covers parts of the upper side of the shoes does two functions. It provides additional support to your feet from one side; on the other side, it’s waterproof to wear on winter days. All of these features in a low-profile shoe with a splendid athletic look
- The shoes are very supportive from all sides
- They’re suitable for both winter and summer
- They have a nice low-profile design
- The width of the shoes might be a problem for some people
ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 8
Best for comfort. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 8 is known for being one of the best golf shoes for winter play and for other activities such as hiking for different reasons. First, they aren’t only cushioned but also offer great shock absorption for professional players. Next, the lugs under the heels can keep you stable on the ground while making the heaviest movements.
Also of note, the shoes are made of 100% synthetic materials, but synthetic materials differ in quality. When it comes to ASICS, in particular, this new re-engineered GEL-VENTURE 8 shoes, the materials used are from the best options in their category. Time will tell you when you find these shoes lasting for years of golf playing.
- The shoes are made of high-quality materials
- The cushioning use Gel Technology which offers shock absorption
- They’re very supportive
- They run a bit smaller than they should be
Adidas Men’s Tech Response Golf Shoes
You can’t often get waterproof, lightweight, durable, and breathable shoes in one product. Adidas Men’s Tech Response Golf Shoes combined all these features in one product to be the best golf shoes for winter play this year. You’ll enjoy + comfort more than you have ever enjoyed in any of the other golf shoes.
For lightweight, these shoes have soft EVA insoles with proper cushioning. Also, the mesh parts make the shoes lighter than their leather or rubber counterparts. As for the spikes and cleats, the Thintech cleats enhance a low profile, whereas the Traxion-designed spikes increase the grip. They’re replaceable if you need to.
- The shoes are very lightweight
- They’re breathable as well
- The design of the spikes is very professional
- They offer maximum comfort
- In case of heavy rain, they might leak
Now, that you already have a comprehensive list of the best options this year, here is a shorter list of the best of the best! We’ll choose these shoes if we have to pick just four.
- Best lightweight: Adidas Men’s ZG21 Golf Shoe
- Best practical design: Skechers Men’s Go Torque Pro Golf Shoe
- Best for comfort: ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 8
- Best waterproof: Adidas Men’s Tour360 22 Golf Shoes
How To Choose The Best Golf Shoes for Winter?
To know the best golf shoes you can get this winter, you need to test them in real life. Yet, sometimes, this can be very difficult, considering the variety of available options. So, here is a short guide to help you make up your mind and determine the best golf shoes for winter play.
Golf shoes are usually known for the spikes protruding from the base of the shoes. However, some options come without spikes. The difference between both is that spiked golf shoes are made for the golf course only, whereas spikeless options can be worn on several occasions. Also, spiked shoes are more gripping and offer better traction and stability. But this doesn’t mean that spikeless options are not gripping; they’re just less gripping.
Since we are talking about winter golf shoes, waterproofing is a must. Leather or rubber shoes are the best in terms of waterproofing. These shall keep your feet dry all the time. Also, some models have water guards on the front side for extra protection. If you live in an area where it rains a lot, don’t forget to check the waterproofing feature.
The comfort of the shoes comes from different factors. The cushioning of the footbed, the ankle support, and the midsole cushioning as well. Several materials and technologies are being used for cushioning, so make sure that the shoes you buy have enough. Also, don’t forget to get the right fit, as it aids in feeling comfortable.
Can I wear spikeless golf shoes in winter?
Spiked golf shoes are known to be better in winter, yet, there are many options today with no spikes but with perfect traction and grip. So, you can get one of those.
Can I use golf shoes in other sports rather than golf?
Spiked golf shoes won’t be comfortable unless you play on similar terrain to that of the golf course. Spikeless golf shoes can be used for other purposes.
What is the best kind of socks to wear with golf shoes?
Normal sports socks will do the job as long as they’re breathable and comfortable.