Summer is here, and for motorcycle riders, this means they’ll have to ride in hotter temperatures. I think we can agree that riders often focus on wearing a lightweight, ventilated jacket and forget about the boots. Speaking from experience, having clammy, stinky feet isn’t cool. And if you’re wearing non-ventilated footwear, it can make things worse. That’s why our team tested some of the top motorcycle boots for summer on the market, and today, we want to show you our favorites. These boots not only protect your feet but also allow fresh air to enter. While none of them are built the same, they all let you have a more enjoyable ride this summer.
Speaking of riding a motorcycle in the summer, have you checked out our best hydration packs for motorcycles? Riding in the summer can be exhausting and lead to dehydration. However, with these hydration packs, you’ll have nothing to worry about.
Table of contents
- WORKLAND Motorcycle Boots
- BORLENI Motorcycle Boots
- TCX Comp Evo 2 Michelin
- FREE SOLDIER Tactical Boots
- Sidi Atojo SR MX
- Harley Davidson Rambert Boots
- Dainese Dyno Pro D1
- TCX Airtech Evo Gore-Tex
- Alpinestars Supertech R
- Sidi Aria Gore-Tex
- Dainese Nexus 2 Air Boots
- Cortech Vice
- Alpinestars Faster-3 Rideknit Shoes
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Motorcycle Boots for Summer
- Can you wear boots while riding a motorcycle?
- Are motorcycle boots good to walk in?
- What is the difference between motorcycle boots and regular boots?
WORKLAND Motorcycle Boots
The first pair of boots on this list are the WORKLAND Motorcycle Boots. So, what makes these boots great for the summer? For one, they come with air inlets and outlets, ensuring that your feet will stay fresh throughout the journey. After testing the boots, we all agreed that those inlets and outlets did a great job. Those with wider feet can also enjoy these boots, as they’re available in half sizes.
In addition to that, we also love the addition of the reflective lines. They offer better visibility in low-light conditions, which is great for those who often ride at night. Better yet, the genuine leather material means the boots are durable. The boots may not be the most lightweight option, but their longevity is worth praise.
- With a great ventilation system, these boots can keep the feet fresh.
- The buckle strap is reflective, which is great for night rides.
- The durable sole offers traction and comfort.
- Some people prefer a zipper closure over the Velcro.
BORLENI Motorcycle Boots
Looking for fashionable boots that don’t let your feet sweat and stink? You’re in luck because the BORLENI Motorcycle Boots are here. These boots are made of cowhide leather with a mesh design that allows them to be exceptionally breathable. With no moisture buildup, you can say goodbye to smelly feet. Speaking of which, we also love the addition of the side zipper, which offers easy on and off.
Though they look just like regular boots, they’re actually protective. With PP shells on the heel and ankle area, these boots can protect your feet from impacts. We also found them flexible enough, allowing our ankles to move freely without any restrictions. Last but not least, these boots come with spare laces. They’re available in brown, so you can change the style of the boots whenever you want.
- With a casual design, these boots can be worn for many activities and occasions.
- The thickened toe cap adds extra protection.
- The durable sole is anti-slip.
- The inside of these boots could’ve been padded for better comfort.
TCX Comp Evo 2 Michelin
TCX has produced a wide variety of boots for riding a motorcycle, and for summer, this pair is among the best. The feature-packed TCX Comp Evo 2 Michelin truly deserves the flowers. Even before wearing these boots, we already knew they were nothing to mess with by just looking at them. These summer motorcycle boots were packed with first-rate materials to deliver the ultimate protection.
Among all of their features, I think the Double Flex Control is the highlight. This technology allows the boots to provide you with a wide range of motion without sacrificing protection. You’ll be to move 18 degrees forward and 15 degrees backward. It also helps to prevent hyperextension, which can lead to serious injuries.
- They’re some of the coolest-looking motorcycle boots on the market.
- The sole is extremely durable.
- They boast a breathable fabric without sacrificing protection.
- Not the most lightweight option.
FREE SOLDIER Tactical Boots
Riding in the summer will be much more comfortable with the FREE SOLDIER Tactical Boots. These boots are available in two different versions, which include waterproof and non-waterproof. For better breathability during the warmer months, we recommend the non-waterproof option. Yes, you’ll have to sacrifice that feature, but the leather is thinner, and the boots are more comfortable to wear.
Despite having a thinner fabric, these boots are nothing short of lousy. I particularly love the suede leather toe cap, which adds protection to the toes. In addition to that, the grippy sole is designed to conquer all kinds of terrains. Each boot weighs only around 1.6 lbs, making it an extremely lightweight choice.
- These fashionable boots are available in many colors.
- Despite being affordable, they’re still durable.
- Their lightweight and breathability allow them to be the perfect choice for summer.
- You should note that they do run a bit bigger than most boots.
Sidi Atojo SR MX
Say hello to the Sidi Atojo SR MX! What people love about these boots is their protection. The upper is highly protective, thanks to the plastic protection that can resist impacts. What’s more, the toe area is wrapped with another layer of high-impact plastic without adding too much weight. In addition to that, the tongue and front of the boots are padded with water-resistant material.
Moreover, these boots come with a replaceable nylon insert, which is great for metatarsus protection. When it comes to the closure system, the boots boast three buckles, which promise easy closing. And when it comes to the design, they’re available in plenty of colorways. From bright to neutral colors, you’ll never run out of options.
- These boots are surprisingly lightweight.
- We were impressed when we knew that they’re designed by top Sidi riders, including Tony Cairoli as well as Jorge Prado.
- The durability of these boots is amazing.
- They cost over 500 USD.
Harley Davidson Rambert Boots
Say hello to the Harley Davidson Rambert Boots! Unlike some of the boots on this list, these aren’t a nice option for racers. However, if you’re a casual rider that wants some breathability and style, this pair won’t disappoint. Despite the full leather construction, these boots are still breathable as the leather isn’t that thick. This also means they’re on the lighter side.
In addition to that, since they don’t offer shin and knee protection, we could feel more air entering the boots during testing. Also worth noting is the side zipper, which allowed us to put them on and take them off in mere seconds. Last but not least, the thick sole is sturdy and offers tons of reactions.
- This is a stylish option that doesn’t sacrifice comfort.
- They’re made by one of the most prominent brands in the motorcycle world.
- It is easy to put these boots on.
- Unfortunately, they don’t offer shin and knee protection.
Dainese Dyno Pro D1
Another great addition to this list is none other than the Dainese Dyno Pro D1. Sleek and reasonably priced, these are some of our favorite choices. There are so many things to like about these boots, especially if you’re a racer. Some of their highlights include reinforced heels and toes for extra protection and replaceable magnesium toe sliders.
When my team and I tested these boots, we all agreed that they were comfortable and airy. This is because the boots feature an advanced air channeling system, which can adjust the temperature extremely well. Even better, these boots are really easy to break in. For more information, check out its official website!
- These boots are a nice option for sports use.
- The build quality of these boots is among the best.
- I’m a fan of the modern design.
- Because of the euro fit, finding the right size can be a bit tricky.
TCX Airtech Evo Gore-Tex
Best for Touring. Perfect for hot weather, the TCX Airtech Evo Gore-Tex doesn’t feature a leather construction. Instead, these boots rely on Cordura. This material offers way better breathability than leather. I’m not a pro regarding boots materials, but I kid you not; when I tested these boots, they were breathable. I could feel my feet remain cool.
Aside from being a highly breathable option, these boots are waterproof. So you don’t have to worry when the weather gets unpredictable. Though they’re relatively stiff, we still found them flexible enough to follow the natural movement of the feet. Aside from summer, you can also use them during spring and autumn.
- Surprisingly, these boots are pretty lightweight.
- They’re a versatile option that can be used in summer, spring, and autumn.
- Though affordable, they still feel pretty solid.
- Not the most durable choice.
Alpinestars Supertech R
Best for Racing. The Alpinestars Supertech R is a must-have for street riders who want to conquer even during summer. One of the main selling points of these boots is the ankle support. With dual-hinged inner as well as torsion bars on the outside, these boots can absorb rotational stress very well. When we tested them, our feet mobility wasn’t restrained at all, which is a big plus.
Yes, these boots are expensive. However, they won’t disappoint. And if you don’t mind spending a bit more, limited-edition variants honor stars like Kenny Roberts and Johann Zarco. Aside from that, these motorcycle boots are available in multiple color options. Best of all, they all look equally handsome. If you want to explore more footwear from this brand, you should also check its best shoes for riding a motorcycle!
- These boots are available in many different colors.
- They offer exceptional ankle support.
- They also offer maximum airflow, which is perfect for summer.
- For some people, they may be too pricey.
Sidi Aria Gore-Tex
Best Versatility. When it comes to versatility, we think the Sidi Aria Gore-Tex deserves the crown. After all, they’re three-season boots that are designed for riders who want to ride in not just summer but also spring and autumn. After trying them out, we think they’re a nice option for those who need a cool and breathable option during the summer but still need that versatility.
These boots are nothing short of comfortable. When I first wore them, I noticed they were a bit wide at my foot’s bridge, making me even more comfortable. Also, these tough boots are a bit stiff, which will reassure you. Wear your motorcycle-riding face mask, grab your favorite summer jacket, and put on these boots to have a great riding experience.
- These versatile boots are great for warmer weather.
- We love the modern design of these boots.
- They feature a breathable and waterproof membrane.
- They’re protective and stiff but need breaking in.
Dainese Nexus 2 Air Boots
Summer is the perfect time for a fun sport-touring ride. And if you need a pair of boots to keep your feet ventilated, look no further than the Dainese Nexus 2 Air Boots. This brand has a wide collection of high-quality motorcycle boots, and the Nexus 2 is among the most popular ones. So, what’s so special about them?
We were surprised when we wore these boots, as they’re extremely lightweight. It turns out they are designed to be as lightweight and breathable as possible. Don’t worry, as they don’t sacrifice protection. With strong inserts on the shins and ankles, you’ll always be protected from impacts. Learn more about them here!
- They’re available in two beautiful color options.
- They offer enhanced ankle protection.
- You’ll be surprised as they’re not as heavy as they look.
- While they have a lot to offer, they’re also more expensive than many other options.
Best for Casual Riding. If you’re a Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars fan, we’re sure you’ll also love Cortech Vice. These boots look like them, but they offer much better ankle and foot protection. We’re huge fans of the design of the boots. Honestly, I think they look like regular boots, and when my team members wore them, they didn’t look awkward.
Also, have I told you how cheap these boots are? They’re less than 100 USD, making them the perfect budget option. Despite that, they’re not lousy at all. These boots are water-resistant, and the rubber sole provides plenty of traction. We were surprised when we learned about all of those features considering their price tag. Those on a budget truly can’t go wrong with this pair.
- Budget-conscious riders will love these boots.
- They offer more than enough protection for their price tag.
- The rubber sole is durable and anti-slip.
- Unlike other more expensive models, these boots don’t feel that premium.
Alpinestars Faster-3 Rideknit Shoes
Best Overall. When it comes to the best motorcycle boots for summer, nothing can touch the Alpinestars Faster-3 Rideknit Shoes. These boots come with a knit mesh construction, making them extremely breathable and comfortable. My team and I tried riding our motorcycles while wearing these boots when the weather was hot, and we were surprised by how breathable they were.
“From the protection to the fit and apperaance, everything about these boots are simply amazing. They’re the perfect summer motorcycle boots.”WOW Travel
Aside from their breathability, we also love the TPU details, which provide ample support for the ankle. Based on my experience, these boots felt extremely good and didn’t pinch the sides of my feet. In addition to that, these boots are available in multiple colorways, giving you tons of options. Watch this YouTube review video to know what MOTO PILOT has to say about them!
- These amazing motorcycle boots are true to size.
- They’re extremely breathable and comfortable.
- You can expect them to last for years.
- They need to be broken in.
We think the Alpinestars Faster-3 Rideknit Shoes are the best overall choice for summer motorcycle rides. They’re protective, stylish, and extremely breathable. But if you have specific preferences or needs, you may find some of the rest more appealing. This is why we’ve categorized some of the boots above according to the following criteria.
- Best for Casual Riding: Cortech Vice
- Best Versatility: Sidi Aria Gore-Tex
- Best for Racing: Alpinestars Supertech R
- Best for Touring: TCX Airtech Evo Gore-Tex
How To Choose The Best Motorcycle Boots for Summer
Motorcycle boots are usually made of hard plastics or full-grain leather. The former is great for protecting your feet from rocks and dirt, while the latter is great for casual riding as they’re comfortable without sacrificing protection. But no matter the material, you should make sure that they have a nice ventilation system that allows them to be breathable.
As you can see from our list above, there are different boot heights depending on the models. Boots that are a bit higher than the ankle usually offer better protection from UV rays and scrapes. Meanwhile, high-profile boots are normally worn for sports bikes and off-roading. Lastly, people usually wear lower boots for casual riding.
When getting a pair of motorcycle boots, ensure they come with ankle support. It can be either plastic or metal. This will help you support the bike’s weight when it’s not moving. Plus, it can also protect your ankles from impact.
Can you wear boots while riding a motorcycle?
Of course! People often wear boots while riding a motorcycle as they offer more protection against impacts.
Are motorcycle boots good to walk in?
It depends. Super protective motorcycle boots may be heavy and a hassle to walk in. More lightweight models may allow you to walk comfortably, but make sure they still offer enough protection.
What is the difference between motorcycle boots and regular boots?
Unlike regular boots, motorcycle boots are specifically designed to protect your feet and ankles. They usually have reinforced toe caps and ankle support.