Have you ever had this situation where you were camping inside an RV without a shower inside, but it’s time to have a bath now? In such a situation, an outside shower for camper will be your saver; you’ll thank yourself a million times for having this kind of shower. An outside shower for camper is simply a portable shower with all the kits inside to use anywhere. The box is connected to a water tank or any other water source, and it works like a normal shower.
In this review, we’ll guide you to find out the best outdoor shower for pop up camper. There are a variety of options available in the market today. So, to limit your choices, check those 13 top ones. If you can’t find a suitable one, check out the buying guide below to know how to look for the best outside shower for camper.
Table of contents
- Akozon Exterior Shower Box
- Valterra LLC PF266201
- Phoenix Faucets PF266701 Exterior Shower Kit
- Builders Shoppe 4910WT RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
- OYMOV RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
- Awelife RV Outdoor Shower Exterior Shower Box
- Manufacturers’ Select ITC Fontana Exterior Shower Box Kit
- Empire Faucets RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
- Leisure Coachworks RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
- Dura Faucet DF-SA189-BK RV Exterior
- RecPro RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
- Dura Faucet DF-SA170-BK
- KEDSUM Portable Camp Shower
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Outside Shower for Camper?
- Do I need an outdoor shower for pop up camper?
- Can I place a shower box inside a camper bathroom?
- What is a trickle switch in shower heads?
Akozon Exterior Shower Box
The first outdoor shower for pop up camper we’re introducing here is Akozon Exterior Shower Box. The shower head and hose inside are made of stainless steel. This material is considered the best in terms of longevity and durability; however, it’s a bit heavyweight compared to other shower boxes made of plastic.
Furthermore, the shower hose is long enough to be stretched easily up to 1.5 meters. You can retract it easily and store it inside the box when you’re done. For installation, all necessary hardware is available inside the box. It’s pretty easy to do it yourself by just following the instructions.
- The material is stainless steel for a longer lifespan
- Choose between hot and cold water using the built-in switch
- All installation hardware is included in the package
- The stainless steel material makes it a bit heavyweight
Valterra LLC PF266201
Valterra is another good option and a well-known brand for shower boxes and shower faucets for campers in general. Valterra LLC PF266201 is our choice for the best outside shower for camper you can get from this brand. The kit is very easy to install, no one has ever bought this kit and needed a plumber to install it.
Using the shower is pretty easy as well. It includes two water faucets, one for cold water and the other for hot water. They have quarter-turn stops to control the temperature easily as well. The shower head comes with a mount inside the box for a hands-free shower too. Valterra made it easier for its customers by mentioning all the specs and dimensions of the showerhead on the website.
- You can install it easily with no help
- The faucets have Quarter-turn stops for easier temperature control
- The showerhead has a mount to hang it on
- There is no pause function for saving water
Phoenix Faucets PF266701 Exterior Shower Kit
Phoenix Faucets PF266701 Exterior Shower Kit looks very elegant when it comes to matching the outside shower for camper with the rest of the bathroom or the RV components in general. It comes only in black, yet, we love this color so much as it looks so attractive. Even more, the faucets are black, and you can’t even tell there are faucets if you look at the shower box from a distance.
Apart from the design and color, it’s another easy-to-install shower box for camper. You might need to drill holes and bring your tools to install this. Yet, all can be done in minutes if you check a DIY tutorial for installing shower boxes in campers. The shower box is lockable and comes with the keys to keep everything inside clean and safe.
- The black color and design look so chic
- One of the easiest showers to install
- You receive a lockable box with the lock and keys
- Plastic material isn’t the most durable thing
Builders Shoppe 4910WT RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
One of the best outside shower boxes you can go for if you need something that maintains the hose and the shower head inside is Builders Shoppe 4910WT RV Exterior Shower Box Kit. This shower box is sealed perfectly, thus, no dirt or any elements can escape to the inside of the box. Also, the exterior material of the box itself is a very premium one. It guarantees UV protection in case you leave the box outside the camper in the sun.
Moving to what is inside the box, the shower head is controlled using two acrylic handles. Those handles are very easy to control. To get the temperature degree you want, each handle has quarter-turn stops, so, it’s easy to use both handles to get warm water.
- The box used to store the shower head inside is of premium quality
- The handles are made of acrylic with quarter-turn stops
- The hose, connected using an elbow, is easily wrapped inside the box
- Doesn’t save water although it has a trickle valve switch
OYMOV RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
The most water-saving outdoor shower for pop up camper is OYMOV RV Exterior Shower Box Kit. The shower head has a pause function that can stop the water stream without closing the knobs. Thus, you can soap your body while saving water as much as possible. On the other side, if you want to control the temperature, two acrylic handles are similar to those found in traditional home faucets.
When you buy this RV shower box, you’ll get a faucet, a hose, and a shower head with a trickle to pause the water stream. Also, the box is lockable and you’ll get the lock and the keys with the package as well. Need to know more about the exact size of the shower box, check them here on OYMOV’s official website.
- It has a long shower hose
- The shower head has the pause option for saving water
- It has acrylic handles that look nice and feel durable as well
- The lock isn’t very durable
Awelife RV Outdoor Shower Exterior Shower Box
Awelife RV Outdoor Shower Exterior Shower Box is one of those shower boxes that many people on the same camper can use. The head is large and the nozzles are distributed so that the water flow rate is suitable for saving water. The average water rate for this shower kit ranges from 0.35 to 1.8 GPM.
Moreover, the hose is long and flexible. You can extend it to 80 inches long to enjoy your bath inches away from your camper van. Further, when you’re done with your shower, recoil the hose to store it inside the box. The box comes with a lock to safely store everything inside. Yet, it’s a bit flimsy as many users reported.
- The shower head is large to stream water all over the place
- The hose is lengthy and coiled
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- The box isn’t very durable
Manufacturers’ Select ITC Fontana Exterior Shower Box Kit
Manufacturers’ Select ITC Fontana Exterior Shower Box Kit is a practical option for travelers who need a portable option wherever they go. The outside shower box kit comes in two options; either a box with a lock or a box with a latch. Both options ensure the box is securely closed with the shower head and hose inside to prevent any leaks while traveling or moving with the camper.
Further, there’re two color options to match the RV exterior. The available colors are white and black. Those two colors in particular match any RV camper exterior. Even more, you can paint them easily if you want a special color that matches your unique taste. Fontana showers is actually a company that sells different RV accessories, especially for bathrooms. You can check the specs of this particular outside shower for campers here.
- Ensure the best quality with this durable material
- If you don’t like the white color, you can paint it in any color
- You can choose between the lock or the latch options
- It doesn’t come with any elbow or showerhead stand
Empire Faucets RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
Replace your old RV shower box with Empire Faucets RV Exterior Shower Box Kit that looks so classy and works so perfectly just like what you’ll ever need. The shower head can be mounted on the bracket built inside the box for hands-free showering or cleaning your kits and pets. Just make sure you install the box on a suitable level to reach it easily.
For controlling the water temperature, there is a single knob for this function. Some people liked it while others love the two handles or two knobs style. Yet, since you can control the temperature easily and get what you want, we believe it’s okay to have a shower box with one knob.
- This shower box comes with a lifetime warranty
- The shower hose is too long
- For a hands-free shower, hang the shower head on the mount
- There are no installation instructions
Leisure Coachworks RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
The most affordable outside shower for camper is Leisure Coachworks RV Exterior Shower Box Kit. The price is a bargain when you look at the materials and quality of this outdoor shower for pop up camper. The materials used aren’t all plastic like most other showers for campers. The box itself is plastic but it’s ABS plastic, it’s more durable than other plastics. Plus, it’s coated with a special coat to protect it against UV rays.
On the other side, the shower head and hose are chrome-plated. Thus, they’ll last forever and they won’t rust or corrode either. Moving to the knobs, they’re made of acrylic. In brief, every single part of this shower kit is made of the best materials used for shower boxes.
- The best materials are used for durable construction and long lifetime
- However, the price is still on the reasonable side
- Even more, it comes with a flow control switch for wise use of water
- This shower kit isn’t suitable for all campers, it’s made for specific RV models only
Dura Faucet DF-SA189-BK RV Exterior
The most flexible outside shower for camper is Dura Faucet DF-SA189-BK RV Exterior. Give it a look and you’ll discover how flexible this kit is. Starting from the hose that is coiled in a way that saves space but gives you a long hose for convenient use. Whenever you’re done using the box and it’s time to pack your things inside the camper, the hose is already coiled and you just need to put it inside the box and lock it.
Moreover, the shower head has several options for spraying water. There are around seven options including flat, mist, and cone options. Each one gives a different water stream according to your needs. Hence, use it for different needs such as showering, cleaning things, and spraying plants with water. You might not even need a camping sink if you have this.
- Enjoy seven water spray options for different uses and purposes
- The hose is long and coiled to reach far distances but doesn’t take much space inside the box
- Like many other showers, it has a long-lasting performance thanks to the high-quality materials
- The door lock isn’t very high-quality, it might get broken
RecPro RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
The easiest outside shower for camper to install is RecPro RV Exterior Shower Box Kit. Although it doesn’t come with all the installation hardware, it has pre-drilled holes to fit any RV camper. You just need to buy some screws and nuts to get this shower kit ready to use. The lock used to close this shower box is built-in and the keys are provided with the package.
One thing campers look for is the durability and sustainability of the products. This box kit will satisfy your needs as it’s rust-resistant and UV-resistant as well. Outside RV accessories and parts should be made of materials that won’t fade or corrode from sun rays.
- The holes used to hang this shower box on the camper are already pre-drilled
- Since it’s an outside shower box, the material is UV-resistant
- Also, it won’t rust thanks to the top coat that resists rust
- Overall, the material is durable and well-constructed
- You might find this shower hose a bit short
Dura Faucet DF-SA170-BK
The most easy-to-use outdoor shower for pop up camper is Dura Faucet DF-SA170-BK. No wonder, as Dura Faucet has been in the market for a long time ago, so, they know what works and what campers particularly need. The shower box looks like any other shower box you might get, but there is a small detail that makes it an easy one to use. The shower hose is connected to the faucets using a swiveling elbow connection. Thus, it rotates in all directions for ease of use.
Adding to the features that made it the easiest shower box for campers, the hose is 60 inches long. Most shower boxes for campers are somewhere between 50 and 55 inches. Those few extra inches made it the longest shower hose of all. So, we believe it’s a convenient option for those looking forward to spending a home-like day inside their RV.
- It comes with a swivel elbow connection for flexibility
- The hose is considered on the long side
- Similar to the previous option, it’s UV-protected
- It comes with a trickle switch that stops water when needed without having to turn the handles off
- The water pressure isn’t so strong
KEDSUM Portable Camp Shower
The best outdoor shower for pop up camper is a bit different from all the other options we mentioned above. KEDSUM Portable Camp Shower can be used anywhere outside an RV as long as there is a water source or tub. It simply pushes water through the hose and then to one of the heads you connect to this hose. The pump works with batteries offering 1 gal/min water pumping power.
Regarding the batteries, it comes with two separate batteries to change between them while you’re camping outdoors. The first battery works for up to 60 minutes, whereas the other one works for 120 minutes. They also come with a LED indicator to tell you when you need to recharge the batteries.
- It comes with two rechargeable batteries
- The water pumping power is so powerful
- The shower includes two different heads
- As a result, you can use it for different purposes
- You might feel it’s a hassle to carry on campers
As you have just read, the best outside shower for camper is KEDSUM Portable Camp Shower . However, we still have many other options to recommend. Those are four of the top options listed below if you’re looking for ease of use or ease of installation or even a price that won’t break the wallet.
- Best affordable: Leisure Coachworks RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
- Most flexible: Dura Faucet DF-SA189-BK RV Exterior
- Easiest to install: RecPro RV Exterior Shower Box Kit
- Most easy-to-use: Dura Faucet DF-SA170-BK
How To Choose The Best Outside Shower for Camper?
An outdoor shower for pop up camper is one of the must-haves if you camp a great distance away from the city where you don’t have access to any showers nearby. If this is the case or the plan, then, you need to check this buying guide to know how to choose the best outside shower for camper.
The first thing to check is the design of the outdoor shower for pop up camper you intend to buy. The design is about whether it’s a shower box, a faucet, and a shower head, or it’s something different such as portable showers for campers. Shower boxes are the most common option for RV campers. Also, the knobs or handles are important to check to make sure you can easily control the temperature.
Obviously, we’re talking about the material here. Shower boxes are made of plastic, mostly ABS plastic. Similarly, the hose and head are either stainless steel or plastic. Metal materials are more durable but they’re heavier in weight. As for the handles, they’re either acrylic or plastic. Go for the acrylic ones if possible as they’re more durable. Don’t forget to get a UV-resistant material too.
Hose and head
The hose should be the longest for more convenience. A 50 to a 55-inch hose is perfect, although you might go for longer ones. On the other side, the best shower heads are the ones with a pause function. Also, the ones with different water stream options are so beneficial if you use the shower for cleaning. Another feature to check is the bracket or mount to install the shower head on for hands-free cleaning and showering.
Do I need an outdoor shower for pop up camper?
If you don’t have access to any showers nearby and you usually spend days inside the RV camper, it’s better to think of an outside shower box. It has many uses and it’ll surely save your life in many situations.
Can I place a shower box inside a camper bathroom?
A shower box is intended to be placed outside the camper. Whereas a bathroom for camper might include a traditional shower, a sink, and an RV toilet. So, no need to buy a shower box if you want something inside the camper not outside.
What is a trickle switch in shower heads?
This switch or button is used to pause water when soaping so as not to consume much water. It’s usually placed on the shower head to reach easily without having to turn off the knobs.