Are you going on an RV camping adventure in the near future? Then you have a list of preparations and things to consider! One of those things is a power cord for camper. This is an essential piece to have wherever you’re camping because it has a lot of uses. If you need to power your RV in an RV park, you’ll surely need one of those. Also, to power any appliance, an electric cord for the camper is pivotal.
To help you choose the best electric cord, we have prepared a list of the best 13 options available online. You can choose from these power cords, but if you don’t find a suitable one, we have also provided a buying guide below. Keep scrolling and check out our list below!
Table of contents
- Valterra Mighty Cord A10-5015EH
- Leisure Cords Power/Extension Cord
- Conntek Detachable RV Power Supply Cord
- Road Power 95707508 Extension Cord
- GearIT Extension Cord for RV
- Dumble RV Power Cord
- RVMATE RV Power Extension Cord
- Yodotek RV Extension Cord
- Parkworld RV Extension Cord
- GoWISE Power RVC3004
- Miady RV/EV Extension Cord
- Kohree RV Power Extension Cord
- Camco PowerGrip RV Extension Cord
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Power Cords for Camper?
- How does a power cord for a camper work?
- What are the safety precautions to take when using an RV cord?
- What gauge are RV cords?
Valterra Mighty Cord A10-5015EH
The first power cord for camping we have chosen is the Valterra Mighty Cord A10-5015EH. This model from Valterra is a heavy-duty power cord for campers with 50 Amps current and 250 volts bearability. The cord will power all the appliances and devices in your camp. It’s actually made for outdoor use.
For ease of use, there are three finger grips on the male part of the power cord. Thus, plugging and unplugging is easy and safe. The housing is also made of durable rubber for added safety. Many users found this cord a good option except for the fact that it’s only 15 feet long. If you’re okay with this length, then here you go, the first choice.
- This versatile cord is the perfect option for heavy-duty usage.
- It’s backed by a one-year warranty.
- We love its durable rubber housing.
- Unfortunately, this power cord for the camper is only 15 feet in length.
Leisure Cords Power/Extension Cord
The Leisure Cords Power/Extension Cord is an affordable option with nearly all the needs of a camper. The power cord handles 30 Amps of current. Plus, it can be used with 125 volts. The power cord for camping is ETL and CSA, so, no worries about safety at all. Further, the housing is made of durable PVC with a heat-resistant insulator to isolate the wire coppers from the outer shell.
Moving to the length, it’s 25 feet long. At this price point, we believe a 25-foot electric cord for a camper is what you exactly need. Adding to the LED power-up indicator, you have one of the best power cords for your camping days at a competitive price.
- Seen as the best power cord for the camper, it’s ETL and CSA-approved.
- Its 25 feet length is more than enough for most.
- The LED power-up indicator is very convenient.
- According to some customers, there’s no adapter as advertised.
Conntek Detachable RV Power Supply Cord
Conntek has a lot of RV accessories to see, including this Conntek Detachable RV Power Supply Cord. Even the electric cords for camping are offered at different prices, current ratings, lengths, and all specs. However, if you plan to buy one of those power cords, it’s better to contact the seller for accurate specs because many buyers found false specs advertised on Amazon.
Going to the specs of this cord, as described by the buyers themselves, it’s a great power cord for a camper. Namely, one to rely on for powering all the devices inside your camper. As stated on the official website, this cord features 30 Amps of current and is 50 feet in length. Above all, it’s flexible; hence, storing this cord after use is very easy.
- It’s one of the most flexible power cords on the market.
- This is a nice option for a big RV, as it’s 50 feet in length.
- It’s safe to use with a twist lock.
- Unfortunately, it’s not the most popular option.
Road Power 95707508 Extension Cord
Best Budget. Budget-friendly options are always good as long as they do the job they’re intended to do. The Road Power 95707508 Extension Cord is one of those affordable options that offer a high-quality power supply and good length cord as well. This electric cord for camper is a reliable option on different occasions, yet it isn’t waterproof. So, it’s better used in dry weather conditions.
Aside from that, the cord has a rating of 30 Amps and 125 volts. Plus, it’s UL listed to ensure your safety. It lightens up when plugged in to indicate the power supply. Those features are similar to all high-quality power cords but at a lower price. So, in brief, we recommend Road Power electric cord for those who want to save money but still care about safety.
- This power cord for the camper is easy to install and replace.
- It’s a waterproof cord that’s also moisture-resistant.
- There’s a power light indicator.
- Sadly, this product doesn’t come with an adapter.
GearIT Extension Cord for RV
The GearIT Extension Cord for RV is a dependable electric cord for a camper. It comes in different length options where you can make a choice based on the length you need, and surely everything comes at a price. Generally, this isn’t an expensive power cord considering the length, Amps rating, and supported volts. Also, it’s flexible when coiling and uncoiling, no matter how cold or hot it becomes.
The cord has a 10-gauge wire inside and a thermo-vinyl jacket. This coat is durable and has very good insulation ratings. Thus, you might use this cord anywhere and in any weather conditions. The only thing that might annoy you with the outer shell is that it gets dirty very easily and collects elements and debris.
- It’s available in different length options to choose from.
- Its thermo-vinyl outer shell is extremely durable.
- This item is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- The outer shell gets dirty easily, which can be a hassle to clean.
Dumble RV Power Cord
Up next is the Dumble RV Power Cord, a straightforward electric cord for camper. It comes in two options, a 25-feet and a 50-feet length option. Both are affordable and should do the job efficiently. Apart from that, the cord has two handles on both heads that make plugging and unplugging easy. Those heads are made of polyvinyl plastic, a heavy-duty type of plastic.
Power cords for camping need to have the ability to handle different temperatures. It can handle from -40°C to 105°C, and this actually more than what you’ll ever need. Plus, it’s oil-resistant to last forever. Nothing was really found to hinder you from buying such a cord.
- The heavy-duty materials ensure amazing longevity.
- It has high resistance to weather and oil.
- If the 25-feet variant is too short, you can get the 50-feet option.
- Some people find the outlet box door hard to close.
RVMATE RV Power Extension Cord
The RVMATE RV Power Extension Cord offers a great opportunity for those who park in the farthest spot in an RV parking. It offers different power extension cords with lengths ranging from 15 to 50 feet. So, you can enjoy your isolation while connecting your camper to a power source. Moreover, there are two different currents, 50 and 30 Amps, according to the intensity of your devices and appliances.
When you connect the power cord for the camper, the LED indicator lights up. So, you know everything is working well. When it’s time to go home, unplug the electric cord easily using the large grip on the head of the cord. Everything is made to ease your life here in the cord. A bonus feature, it comes with a storage bag.
Here’s a detailed YouTube review of this cord.
- It’s a heavy-duty power cord for the camper that’s designed to last.
- This item comes complete with a plastic strap, storage bag, and towel so you can clean it easily.
- It features an LED power indicator.
- The PVC outer shell becomes stiff in cold weather.
Yodotek RV Extension Cord
Listed with UL, the Yodotek RV Extension Cord is a safe electric cord for a camper to use. It’s 25 or 50 feet long with a TT or L5 head. Hence, there are a couple of options here. The cord, overall, is very sturdy and powerful, but some buyers said they have problems with the head material. Although it appears to be sturdy and resistant, it isn’t as ergonomic as other electric cord heads.
Apart from the head, there is a power supply light indicator. Furthermore, the cord has a thermoplastic insulation shell. Those features are important for your safety. Plus, the 10-gauge STW wires are perfect and exactly what you need for conductivity when it comes to multiple devices, as in the case of a camper.
- We find the power supply light indicator to be a big perk.
- Many people love its flexible and sleek design.
- This versatile product is compatible with most RVs.
- The handle isn’t very sturdy.
Parkworld RV Extension Cord
Best Length. Is a 50-feet long power cord for camping isn’t enough? No problem! Here is the Parkworld RV Extension Cord, a reliable 75-feet power cord for camper. This cord is the longest and has the highest voltage-supporting capabilities of all. It can support 600 volts maximum. Thus, bring all electric devices, fridges, TVs, fans for the camper van, and all that you might need. Parkworld extension cord can handle it all.
As for the construction, it’s 100% copper wire with a PVC jacket. It’s resistant to heat and oxidation. Also, the lifetime of this cord is proven to be long. On top of that, the cord has a light indicator to tell you it’s on power.
- It has amazing heat and oxidation resistance.
- It’s one of the longest power cords you can find.
- This power cord can handle up to 600 volts.
- It’s a bit pricey for some people.
GoWISE Power RVC3004
Best Value for Money. Another perfect electric cord for a camper at a lower price tag than similar 50-feet power cords. The GoWISE Power RVC3004 offers a great value-for-money option with the ability to power all high-voltage devices together, such as a TV, conditioner, and a fridge for camper vans. It’s also long enough for long distances, but you can also find shorter cords of the same brand.
The cord has a weatherproof jacket that all campers need when camping in rainy or very hot areas. This safety measure is a must for any power cord for camping. Also, it has a small grip handle for plugging and unplugging easily. To make it one of the best, it’s ETL-approved. Want to look for more RV extension cords from this brand? Click here!
- This item comes complete with a molded handle and connector.
- There are three length options to choose from.
- It can easily withstand extreme weather conditions.
- According to some people, the 50-foot variant isn’t exactly 50 feet.
Miady RV/EV Extension Cord
The Miady RV/EV Extension Cord is a 50 Amps power cord for the camper that’s 30 feet in length. This power cord will make your life easier in all ways. Starting with the length, it’s more than the 15 and 25 feet cords that most companies offer. Also, not all campers need a 50-feet power cord for camping. Thus, it’s a middle ground between both.
Moreover, the cord is very durable and highly resistant. It can withstand a lot of devices in different weather conditions with no issues at all. The cord also comes with an organizer that can be adjusted to serve as a handle for securing the rolled cord to carry and store it conveniently.
- This heavy-duty cord can last a long time.
- Thanks to the adjustable organizer, you can keep this cord tidy.
- The ergonomic handles make your experience using this power cord better.
- It’s one of the more expensive options.
Kohree RV Power Extension Cord
Kohree is one of the common brands for such camper accessories and gadgets. One of its offerings is the Kohree RV Power Extension Cord, yet, it isn’t only offered in one option. The company offers electric cords from 12 inches to 50 inches, and everything comes with its price. So, you’re totally covered.
It offers not only different lengths but also different Amps ratings. Thus, you have a lot of decisions to make here. Whatever you choose, you’ll get an electric cord for the camper, a power adapter, and a cable organizer to hold the long cord and store it easily. As for the jacket and wires inside are copper wires with high-resistant insulation covered with a PVC jacket.
- It comes with free electrical accessories, so you don’t have to get them separately.
- The finger grip plug allows users to use this power cord easily.
- The LED power indicator lets you know whether it’s powered or not.
- The locking mechanism isn’t the best.
Camco PowerGrip RV Extension Cord
Best Overall. The Camco PowerGrip RV Extension Cord is the best electric cord for a camper on this list, and it’s a highly recommended cord for all campers. It’s also a great deal for buyers on a budget because you’ll get a durable and heavy-duty power cord for camping at around half the price of other similar cords in quality. As for the length, it’s 25 feet which is the average acceptable length. However, you have another option, 50 feet long, at a higher price tag.
The cord offers superior conductivity with 30 Amps current rating and 10-gauge wires. Moreover, it has 125 volts rating, which is similar to most electric cords here on the list. All of this added to the one-year warranty you get with this cord, you have a great option that is worth its rank on our list. Check out the official product page for more information!
- It’s long enough for most people to power their RVs.
- The handle on both heads offers convenient gripping.
- This item is heat-resistant and flame-retardant.
- You can’t close the power outlet box door when it’s plugged in.
The power cords above are all highly-rated and allow you to feel at home while traveling. However, we understand that things can get too technical, and choosing the best one can be a hassle. To help you out, we’ve picked some standouts according to the following criteria!
- Best Overall: Camco PowerGrip RV Extension Cord
- Best Value for Money: GoWISE Power RVC3004
- Best Length: Parkworld RV Extension Cord
- Best Budget: Road Power 95707508 Extension Cord
How To Choose The Best Power Cords for Camper?
Although an RV power cord is an essential part of your camping trips, it’s always overlooked by many campers, especially first-time campers. This section will help you pick up the best electric cord for a camper based on the following features.
The length is always the first thing buyers look for. For a camper, you’ll need a relatively long power cord. However, a very long power cord will become expensive and, moreover, heavyweight. Thus, choose the length you think you’ll need. Most power cords for campers are around 25 or 50 feet. This is the average most campers will need, but you can still go long and buy a 75-foot cord.
The capacity is about the Amps or the current the cord can support. Also, the voltage is included in this feature as both measures are important to know whether the cord can support your camper’s appliances and devices. An average camping electric cord is nearly 30 Amps and 125 volts.
The materials here include the material of the internal wires and the outer shell. As for the internal wires, copper is the best thing as it’s highly conductive. Whereas the outer shell is better PVC or rubber to isolate heat and offer a weatherproof jacket.
How does a power cord for a camper work?
Like any electric cord, campers’ power cords connect one end to a power supply source and the other to any device or appliance.
What are the safety precautions to take when using an RV cord?
Just make sure you get the right Amps, volts, and length you need for your camper. The cord should be compatible with the devices you’ll use. You’ll find a lot of devices here as Christmas gifts for camper.
What gauge are RV cords?
An average 10-gauge cord is good for a 15 or more Amps electric cord for camping. This shall power most of your devices inside the camper.