A pair of the best winter boots for women is essential for inclement weather conditions. These boots aren’t just waterproof and insulated, but they also need to be comfortable and, on top of all, stylish. Even more, winter boots should be designed to prevent you from sliding over snow or ice when it hits.
Finding the best winter snow boots for women is a matter of good research. Luckily, you can find nice boots with all the features you’re looking for. Whether you need hiking boots, insulted snow boots, or high-neck fashionable boots, all are available here. In this round-up, we have done the research task and compiled the 13 best winter boots for women to get this winter. Stay tuned to learn everything you need to know before buying any boots.
Table of contents
- ArcticShield Women’s Anna Boots
- Skechers Performance Women’s On The Go 400 Blaze Winter Boots
- DREAM PAIRS Women’s Winter Snow High Boots
- GLOBALWIN Women’s Waterproof Winter Boots
- BEARPAW Women’s Sheilah Tall Boot
- DREAM PAIRS Women’s Mid-Calf Winter Snow Boots
- ANJOUFEMME Womens Hiking Snow Winter Boots
- Chooka Women’s Plush Chelsea Boot
- Colorxy Women’s Ankle Rain Boots
- BEARPAW Elle Suede Boot
- Polar Quilted Short Winter Snow Boots
- Polar Womens Thermal Waterproof Boots
- Columbia Women’s Ice Maiden Ii Snow Boot
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Winter Boots for Women?
- Are all winter boots considered snow boots?
- Are tight winter boots for women better?
- Can I use wool socks for insulation?
ArcticShield Women’s Anna Boots
Best insulation. ArcticShield Women’s Anna Boots are one of the top options we highly recommend for harsh weather conditions. You can see the insulation with no need to try them on to know how insulated they are. ArcticShield uses a special retain technology to offer this insulation, so buy them blindly if insulation is the first thing you’re looking for.
Another feature we believe it’s so attractive here is the fur collar these boots have. The collars are made of faux fur that looks soft and fluffy. You can fold the collars over or fold them up if you don’t want this fur collar. Both styles look great and feminine.
- They’re very well-insulated boots
- The insoles are made of memory foam for your comfort
- They provide very good traction on snow
- The boots are a bit stiff, especially in the toe box
Skechers Performance Women’s On The Go 400 Blaze Winter Boots
Best lightweight. Who has never heard of Skechers before? This brand has engraved its name among other brands manufacturing nearly all kinds of men’s and women’s shoes and apparel. Today, we have these Skechers Performance Women’s On The Go 400 Blaze Winter Boots as one of the best winter boots for women. These boots look so simple, yet, they have a lot of features to show. They’re lightweight and, thus, so comfortable for hikes and long walks.
Moreover, they’re cushioned to provide warmth and more comfort as well. The boots feature faux fur lining and trim for a good winter style. As for the quality, it’s something you should never worry about when buying Skechers. These boots will last forever.
- They’re very lightweight and comfortable
- The boots are warm and suitable for snowy conditions
- They’re made of high-quality materials
- You might need to size up a little bit
DREAM PAIRS Women’s Winter Snow High Boots
Now with some high-necked boots for stylish women who won’t go without a feminine touch. DREAM PAIRS Women’s Winter Snow High Boots are made of leather with a PU coat for waterproofing. These are one of the best high-necked waterproof boots you’ll find on the list. The manufacturer guarantees these boots will keep water away no matter how much rain or snow is there outside.
Aside from waterproofing, the boots are easy to wear and take off despite the long neck. They have side zippers for easy on and off. Besides, those zippers with metal buckles give an accent to the boots. You’ll also find several colors of these boots, all of which are the winter colors you might be looking for.
- The boots are so warm and soft from inside
- They have very good traction and a non-gripping sole
- The boots are 100% waterproof
- They might be a bit tight for women with large calves
GLOBALWIN Women’s Waterproof Winter Boots
For women looking for a fashionable piece with some features such as insulation and traction, it’s hard to go past GLOBALWIN Women’s Waterproof Winter Boots. These boots are one of the top options for a reason. They look different with a solid PU leather material and faux fur lining. There are different colors offered from these boots, and some have nice patterns as well.
Furthermore, they work very well across seasons. The boots are waterproof and very gripping. They look pretty chic, and they’re comfortable to wear every day, provided that you get the right size. Over and above, the price is less than you might ever think for such a pair of boots.
- They’re chic, offering a unique style
- The boots are waterproof for rainy days
- They have faux fur lining for warmth
- They fit smaller than usual
BEARPAW Women’s Sheilah Tall Boot
If your main reason for buying a new pair of boots is that you’ll be traveling in cold weather, then BEARPAW Women’s Sheilah Tall Boot is a choice you’ll never regret. This boot is made of suede with enough insulation to eliminate your need for any wool socks. They have a kind of built-in wool socks inside to feel warm and cozy.
You might think the boots might not be a great option for rainy weather as they’re made of suede and faux fur. These materials get wet easier than leather and PU-coated boots. Yet, this isn’t the case for BEARPAW boots. The boots are treated with NeverWet technology to withstand wet conditions and resist water, similar to other waterproof boots.
- They’re very warm boots for extremely cold conditions
- They can be washed and cleaned easily, and they will remain water-resistant
- The boots are so comfortable to walk with all-day
- They can’t be snuggly fitted on your feet
DREAM PAIRS Women’s Mid-Calf Winter Snow Boots
Boots with laces offer better traction and a snug fit, but those with zippers are easier to slip your feet in. DREAM PARIS had a nice solution when they made these DREAM PAIRS Women’s Mid-Calf Winter Snow Boots with both laces and zippers. The boots feature an edgy aesthetic style besides being so practical for everyday use. We became big fans of DREAM PARIS thanks to their innovative designs, and this is one of the best.
Moreover, people with wide calves found these boots a great choice as the height of the neck is just below the calves. You might also take a look at those best boots for wide calves, if this is your case.
- The boots feature 200g Thermolite insulation for cold weather
- They have removable faux fur insoles as well
- The boots come with zippers and laces at the same time
- They look big and bulky on your feet
ANJOUFEMME Womens Hiking Snow Winter Boots
We believe ANJOUFEMME Womens Hiking Snow Winter Boots are the best boots for mountain hiking for travelers and trekkers looking for some durable options this year. With the round toes and fur collars, these boots look casual, actually, like working boots. They’re primarily made for aggressive use, not special occasions.
However, you can still wear the boots day and night. They can be tweaked a little bit to look dressier with a pair of leggings or so. But still, they’re on the rigorous side. They’ll be your partner whenever you go hiking or have similar adventures in winter. Plus, they’re slip-resistant, so they work very well on ice.
- They’re very durable boots for aggressive use
- They feature some breathability even though they’re very warm
- The boots are anti-slipping
- They aren’t the most stylish boots ever
Chooka Women’s Plush Chelsea Boot
Best style. We couldn’t resist our tendency to include a pair of Chelsea boots in the list of the best winter snow boots for women. Chooka Women’s Plush Chelsea Boots are a pair that you won’t take off your feet. They go with everything, from sweatpants to short dresses. These boots are life savers for light travelers and busy women.
Apart from that, those comfy boots are warm thanks to the thick lining inside. Your feet will be toasty warm all the time. Despite their relatively heavy weight, the boots are still a great option for traveling. Knowing the price means you’ll think twice before switching to the next product.
- The boots are very stylish, with different colors and patterns to choose from
- They’re warm and fluffy from the inside
- They’re sold at a great price
- They’re slightly heavyweight
Colorxy Women’s Ankle Rain Boots
Another pair of Chelsea boots at a lower price than the previous one, these are Colorxy Women’s Ankle Rain Boots. At this price point, we didn’t expect so much from the boots. However, it turned out that they became one of our favorites for this winter! The boots come in different colors,, such as green and dark green, inn addition to the traditional black ones. You can choose to be unique by opting for such different colors.
We loved the short heels of the boots so much as they leverage the style and the overall look. Plus, they are so comfortable and so flexible to walk with even the first time you get the boots. A full review of the boots and all their features is here in this detailed YouTube video by skyforce95.
- You will pay the least price for these boots
- They’re waterproof for rainy days
- The soles are so comfortable and flexible
- There is no insulation in the boots
BEARPAW Elle Suede Boot
Without much ado, BEARPAW Elle Suede Boot is a UGG alternative at a reasonable price. This sums up all that is the boot about. Its traditional UGG style makes it a great option for snow. With a fluffy plush coat, these suede boots will look the best. What’s better, the boots come in many colors, with more than 15 options to pop out on the snow.
Instead of faux fur, BEARPAW uses sheepskin and wool blend for a toasty warm feeling. This blend is also designed for comfort and to reduce foot pain. The last thing you might think of is waterproofing. These boots have NeverWet technology treatment to provide the needed water resistance. Don’t miss this HSNtv review and trial of the different colors of the boots.
- There are many wonderful colors to choose from
- The material is a wool and sheepskin blend for extra softness
- They provide good water resistance
- The sizes are sometimes a bit off
Polar Quilted Short Winter Snow Boots
Are you going on a ski trip soon? Polar Quilted Short Winter Snow Boots will make the best winter snow boots for women on such a trip. These boots became one of the standards as they look trendy, feel warm, and protect your feet. They have a thick interior lining for cold days and short laces to get ready in seconds.
Although you might find similar styles from different brands, this one is surely cheaper than the others. The price is unbeatable for a snow pair of boots. They’re also available in different shades for different tastes.
- They’re suitable for skiing or walking on snow
- The boots are available in different colors
- They’re warm and cozy
- They might wear out sooner than other similar boots
Polar Womens Thermal Waterproof Boots
Another pair of winter boots from Polar but Polar Womens Thermal Waterproof Boots have longer necks and more waterproofing features. You have different options for the neck material and pattern here. You can choose cardy or shearling materials, or you might prefer faux fur for some warmth.
The boots are very convenient and easy to wear, thanks to the side zippers. However, they aren’t the best option on ice because the outsoles aren’t very gripping. If you’re walking for long hours on the streets where it’s too cold, these boots will keep your feet and calves toasty warm. Speaking of the calves, size up if you have wide calves. Alternatively, check those best boots for wide calves.
- The boots are available in different colors and materials
- They’ll keep your feet very warm
- The side zippers make the boots very easy to use
- The outsoles are a bit slippery
Columbia Women’s Ice Maiden Ii Snow Boot
Best waterproof. The last option we have for today and the best winter snow boots for women is Columbia Women’s Ice Maiden Ii Snow Boot. When we thought about perfect winter boots that you can rely on, we didn’t find anything better than those Columbia boots. Besides providing the best waterproofing features among all, they’re also very comfortable because they have arch support.
Moreover, they’re very flexible to move with. The rubber outsoles are Omni-GRIP providing the best traction. Also, they have fur collars and warm interior lining and cushioning for extra warmth and comfort. Here is a recent review from OneUp Review to find out more about the boots.
- They provide 100% waterproofing
- The boots have very good arch support
- You will never slip over ice or snow with these boots
- They’re so warm and cozy
- They might be tight around the ankles at first
You might be looking for style, waterproofing, lightweight, or any other specific feature in the best winter snow boots for women you plan to buy. If this is the case, then this short list of the best of the best will help you find what you’re looking for.
- Best Waterproof: Columbia Women’s Ice Maiden Ii Snow Boot
- Best Style: Chooka Women’s Plush Chelsea Boot
- Best Lightweight: Skechers Performance Women’s On The Go 400 Blaze Winter Boots
- Best Insulation: ArcticShield Women’s Anna Boots
How To Choose The Best Winter Boots for Women?
Checked the list above but didn’t find the best boots yet. No problem; we can still help you make a decision. Below are the most important features you should be looking for in winter boots.
The first thing many women might be looking for in boots is waterproofing. This is simply because boots are mainly designed to keep your feet dry. Most winter boots are waterproof, yet, some are more waterproof than others. It all depends on the material of the boots. Leather boots are usually more waterproof than textile or suede boots.
Traction is how gripping the outsoles of the boots are. Winter boots should be very gripping, especially if you’re living in a place where it snows most of the time. By checking the outsoles, you can easily know if the boots are gripping. Those with more lugs and studs are usually more gripping, thus, better for walking on ice.
Winter boots should be very warm. They should provide your feet with enough warmth, even if it’s freezing outside. The key to this is the insulation material used in the inner parts of the boots. Insulation materials might be wool, faux fur, or fleece. In all cases, the insulation should be made of premium materials to offer the needed warmth.
Are all winter boots considered snow boots?
Snow boots should be 100% waterproof and very gripping. However, some winter boots aren’t waterproof, so they aren’t considered snow boots.
Are tight winter boots for women better?
You should always try to get snug-fitting winter boots. These will be more gripping, especially if you walk on ice or snow.
Can I use wool socks for insulation?
Yes, you can do so. However, this might lead to very tight boots. So, it’s better to go for insulated winter boots.