If you’re not a homebody and plan to drive a lot during the winter, you should know that the harsh winter can easily take a toll on your car. One of the easiest ways to take care of it and prevent accidents is by getting a reliable set of winter tires. All-season tires can be used to tackle most driving conditions. However, once the road becomes extra slippery and icy, winter tires offer better grip and push the water away, providing you with more safety. This is why you should shop for the best TireRack winter tire package! The following tires have been tested on a wide variety of winter conditions, and the rims are both strong and stunning. Take a look at our list below and have fun choosing which package is best for you!
Planning a road trip? Then you should also check out these best TireRack tires and wheels for road trips!
Firestone Winterforce 2 & Motegi Racing MR118
Owners of sedans, light vans, and seans will appreciate the Firestone Winterforce 2! Available with studs, this reliable tire performs well in snowy conditions, so you’ll never get stuck in that heavy snow! You don’t have to worry about safety either, as it has enough traction to accelerate and corner safely. Better yet, you can also use this tire on wet roads.
The Winterforce 2’s partner in crime is the Motegi Racing MR118. many have bought this rim, and it’s safe to say most of them adore its fantastic design. It looks modern and is a piece of cake to clean. Made in the USA, this rim is also inexpensive. Additionally, the 45+ sets the wheel out a little bit more than OEM. Get this TireRack winter tire package and you’ll have nothing to regret!
- The rim has the perfect balance of price, performance, and design.
- Though affordable, the tire doesn’t sacrifice performance and safety.
- The tire can also be used after winter, like when you’re driving on wet highways.
- The rim is unexpectedly heavier than most people expect.
Pirelli Winter SottoZero 3 & Andros Spec L
For high-performance car owners, the Pirelli Winter SottoZero 3 is a must-have. This tire isn’t just your regular snow tire; it’s also a seasonal tire that can be used to face freezing roads and harsh cold weather. One of the highlights of this tire is its durability, which can last longer throughout the winter (and another extra winter). We also love how quiet it is compared to its competitors.
Just like the SottoZero 3, the Andros Spec L is also plenty durable. excellent for high-performance snow tires, it boasts a sporty and elegant look at the same time. No matter where you drive, your car will be a head-turner! Furthermore, we appreciate how light yet sturdy it is. Together, they make a reliable TireRack winter tire package.
- Designed for performance winter tires, the rim looks stunning and can easily turn your car into a beast.
- The tire allows you to drive at high speed safely and with confidence.
- The tire’s braking performance and snow-to-snow traction are top-notch.
- Sadly, the tire isn’t backed by any special warranty from the manufacturer. Here’s what you need to know about the TireRack tire warranty!
Continental VIKINGCONTACT 7 & Moda MD26
When it comes to versatility, the Continental VIKINGCONTACT 7 takes the cake. This TireRack’s winter tire is designed to offer great traction in snowy conditions and it even performs well in dry-road handling. It can basically handle whatever mother nature throws at it with ease! Apart from that, this tire has minimal noise, which is a huge plus for many!
Along with the Moda MD26, they make a reliable TireRack winter tire package! This good-looking rim is both affordable and durable. In addition, because of its rather simple design, cleaning it is a breeze! Considering its price tag, design, and fit, saying no to this rim will be a big mistake.
- Though affordable, the design and durability of the rim are worth praising.
- The rim’s simple design allows you to clean it easily.
- The studless winter tire is backed by a 60-day trial, which is longer than most!
- We love how versatile the tire is, but when it comes to durability, it isn’t the best.
Goodyear WinterCommand Ultra & Borbet Type F
Are you currently searching for a studless winter tire? If so, check out the Goodyear WinterCommand Ultra! This tire offers amazing traction in cold conditions and is designed for those who drive sedans, crossovers, and SUVs. We also love how it allows you to maintain stability even in extreme weather conditions. That’s mostly because of its unique tread pattern with hydro-dynamic grooves that can evacuate water, slush, and snow.
Completing this TireRack winter tire package is Borbet Type F, a solid choice for winter. This rim is impressively beautiful out of the box, and it looks glossy throughout. What’s more, it’s super easy to install by yourself. It even comes complete with new lugs and an installation tool. Get them now, and they’ll arrive in just days! Speaking of which, here’s a guide on how to check your TireRack order status!
- The rim looks fantastic and is easy to install, even for first-timers.
- Using this tire will allow you to drive confidently in wet or snowy conditions.
- It’s backed by a manufacturer’s special warranty, where you’ll have a 30-day test drive with this wheel.
- Though beautiful, the rim must be cleaned often as it can easily get dirty.
Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 Winter Tire & Sport Tuning ST3
You can’t talk about the best TireRack winter tire package without mentioning this combo. The Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 Winter Tire is specifically designed for drivers like you who want to have full control of their vehicles even in the craziest winter conditions. Better yet, you can enjoy its durable performance for many winter seasons!
Luckily, the Sport Tuning ST3 is just as awesome! This rim looks superb and performs great during the colder months! Even after being used for a long time, there’s little to no discoloring, proving that it’s made to last. What’s more, this rim can easily turn any old car into a modern one! Pretty awesome, isn’t it?
- Featuring a Multi-Cell compound, the tire can remove thin layers of water for better grip.
- The traction offered by the tire is amazing, perfect for slippery conditions.
- Though relatively affordable, the rim is exceptionally durable.
- While the tire performs amazingly on ice and snow, it’s not really the quietest.
MICHELIN X-IceSnow Radial Car Tire & Sport Edition A8-2
This TireRack winter tire package is certainly hard to beat. The MICHELIN X-IceSnow Radial Car Tire is made for SUV, crossover, and minivan drivers that are looking to conquer the road in winter’s challenging conditions. Perfect for those extreme winter conditions, its highlights include the Flex-Ice 2.- compound and the EverWinterGrip rubber technology. Together, the tire does an impressive job braking on ice and is extremely durable.
When it comes to the rim, the Sport Edition A8-2 is to die for. What we love the most about this rim is its look. We think you’ll agree with us when we say it looks stunning and sporty at the same time without trying too hard. What’s more, it’s easy to clean and is actually more affordable than it looks!
- This durable tire is backed by a six-year limited warranty.
- The tire is extremely durable and has outstanding performance in harsh winter conditions.
- The rim is one of the most popular options for winter available on TireRack.
- The rim looks darker in real life compared to the picture.
How To Choose The Best Winter Tire Packages
When choosing the right TireRack tires and rims, there are some factors for you to consider carefully. They include:
This is arguably one of the most important aspects to consider when you want to get the best TireRack winter tire package. The gripper your tires are, the better it is for you. If you have grippy tires, they can easily withstand extreme winter temperatures and a variety of rough road conditions.
Types of tires
As we all know, there are studded and studless tires. The former usually offers better traction in snowy conditions. However, they can also damage the roadways and might not be the best option in other winter weather conditions. Meanwhile, the latter have sharper edges, a deeper tread, and flexible rubber materials. They can move incredibly well through ice and snow.
To make sure your tire and rim match each other, you should take a look at their width and diameter. When it comes to diameter, your tire and rim should be an exact match. For instance, a 215/65R17 winter tire can only fit on a 17-inch rim. However, matching the tire width to the rim is a bit more flexible. For off-roading, your tire’s width is usually wider than the rim. For sports cars, the rim’s width should be matched to the tread width.
Is it better to go down a size for winter tires?
Downsizing a tire is pretty important during winter. Normally, the narrower your tire is, the better it tends to perform in icy and snowy conditions.
Is it worth buying rims for winter tires?
Definitely! Getting an extra set of rims for your winter tires can help you keep the tires in good shape and last longer.
Why don’t we use snow tires all year?
Winter tires are specifically designed to handle ice and snow. With that being said, they don’t perform well in warmer conditions and can even lead to accidents.
Some images on this article are copyrighted by TireRack