Is your smartphone waterproof? Awesome! But if you think it’s the best option to help you take photos and shoot videos underwater, you’re completely wrong! Instead, you should rely on a waterproof camera! This is why we’re here to help you pick the best waterproof camera at Walmart! There’s a myriad of options to choose from. Most of them aren’t only waterproof and can take high-quality pics and smooth videos. And unlike your regular DSLRs, they’re compact and easy to hold. However, choosing the right one for you can be challenging. To make things easier for you, we’ve handpicked 13 of the best options at Walmart. Keep scrolling to read our reviews!
Table of contents
- Apeman A87 Action Camera
- Insta360 ONE X2
- GoPro Hero9
- Fujifilm QuickSnap Waterproof Disposable Camera
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30
- GoPro Hero10
- Crosstour CT9000 Action Camera
- Nikon Coolpix W300
- Fujifilm XP140
- Ricoh WG-70
- GoPro Hero 11
- AKASO EK7000 4K Action Camera
- Olympus Tough TG-6
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Waterproof Cameras at Walmart
- Can a waterproof camera go underwater?
- Is GoPro really waterproof?
- Why buy a waterproof camera?
Apeman A87 Action Camera
Bringing your waterproof smartphone isn’t always the best idea when it comes to outdoor sports. So, why don’t you bring the Apeman A87 Action Camera instead? This tiny action camera is waterproof and can help you record your water activities up to 98 feet deep in the water!
What amazes us the most is its anti-shaking technology. Because of that, you can finally take blur-free videos no matter what you’re doing. Speaking of which, this camera can record 4K videos at 60 fps. If you want to leave your phone behind, this is a simple and effective option that won’t disappoint.
- The 12 MP sensor can impressively take clear images.
- We love how sensitive the touch screen is. Plus, the UI is easy to understand.
- The built-in Wi-Fi makes transferring images a piece of cake.
- The battery life of this camera can be improved.
Insta360 ONE X2
Small but mighty is the Insta360 One X2. This pocket-sized camera is a killer, and we’re not exaggerating! One of its biggest flexes is that it can record videos like a drone! Just mount the camera and do your thing! It’ll capture every moment at every angle, and once you’re done with your activity, you can choose the best angle in the app! Super convenient, isn’t it?
Another thing that we love is the Invisible Selfie Stick technology. Yep, it’s pretty much what it says! If you want to take a group selfie using a selfie stick, the camera can automatically detect the stick and delete it from your videos! What’s more, it can stay waterproof for up to 33 feet deep!
- It comes complete with a protective pouch and lens cloth.
- One of its biggest selling points is its pocket-sized body.
- The battery life of this camera is better than most action cameras.
- You need an up-to-date smartphone to set the camera up.
Of course, we have to include something from GoPro, one of the best digital camera brands. Enter the GoPro Hero9. Though not the newest, it’s still worth getting if you want to try out an action camera from GoPro at a more affordable price. As a top waterproof camera at Walmart, the Hero9 can stay waterproof down to 33 feet, which is pretty impressive. And with an underwater case, it can go even deeper!
You might wonder how come this camera is still popular even after years since it was first released. Well, that’s because it’s that good! It can record ridiculously clear 5K videos and sharp images with its 20 MP sensor. Not to mention, the front display (which is big, by the way) can show a live preview!
- There’s a significant upgrade in the battery life from the previous version.
- It comes complete with a microfiber cloth and a memory card.
- The image stabilization feature has been greatly improved.
- There are newer versions that offer better performances.
Fujifilm QuickSnap Waterproof Disposable Camera
Raise your hand if you’re a fan of disposable cameras! Well, what if we tell you there’s a waterproof version of them? Enter the Fujifilm QuickSnap Waterproof Disposable Camera! Aside from being waterproof, one of the biggest perks about this item is that it’s extremely affordable! In fact, it’s the cheapest option on this list!
By using this waterproof camera at Walmart, you’ll be able to take old-school pictures underwater. We’re sure you’ll adore this camera if you’re into vintage aesthetics. On top of that, it comes loaded with Superia X-TRA 800 film! That way, you don’t have to add additional films to your shopping cart unless you want to!
- It comes complete with a rubber wrist strap for better security.
- This camera is the perfect option for those who love old-school aesthetics.
- It’s extremely easy to use!
- It’s certainly not the best option for those who are into modern cameras that are packed with bells and whistles.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30
Best Budget. Yes, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 isn’t the newest or most magnificent waterproof camera on the market. However, if you’re on a budget and are looking for something reliable, it’s the best option! One of its biggest selling points is its waterproof performance. This little monster is waterproof for up to 26 feet deep, making it your perfect companion at the beach and pool.
Additionally, this waterproof camera at Walmart also comes with a 5x zoom lens that’s pretty good and a 16 MP that allows you to take beautiful pictures outdoors. Better yet, it’s extremely slim! Its compact design allows you to keep it in your pocket or whenever you want! Speaking of which, check out these best digital cameras for travel!
For more budget options, you should take a look at our list of the best waterproof cameras under 200 USD!
- Although not the newest, its waterproof performance is still good enough for most.
- It’s way more affordable than some of the options on the market.
- There are plenty of eye-catching colorways to choose from.
- Though compact, this camera doesn’t have the most secure grip, so you might want to get a good wrist strap.
At a quick glance, the GoPro Hero 10 looks exactly the same as the Hero 9. However, inside, there are some significant improvements! For instance, users can now record 5.3K videos at 60 fps! Pretty smooth, isn’t it? If you want higher frame rates, you can set the video resolution to 2K so it can record videos at 240 fps.
In addition, this waterproof camera at Walmart now comes with a 23 MP sensor, meaning image quality is also significantly better. However, the biggest glow-up is its image stabilization. No matter how much you tilt the camera, the system will automatically smooth things out!
- The image stabilization feature has been greatly improved.
- Thanks to the GP2 processor, the user experience is second-to-none.
- It comes with a scratch-resistant lens cover.
- The battery life is still the same as its predecessor.
Crosstour CT9000 Action Camera
The Crosstour CT9000 Action Camera is another affordable waterproof camera at Walmart that can capture crystal-clear photos. Despite being a budget-friendly digital camera, it can take 20 MP pictures and clear 4K videos at 60 fps! Pretty amazing for something that costs you less than 100 USD, isn’t it?
Additionally, we also love its waterproof performance. That’s because it can survive underwater for up to 98 feet! This is all thanks to its waterproof case, making it the perfect companion for activities like snorkeling and swimming. Also, have we mentioned how big the screen is?
- The two-inch IPS screen is bigger than most action cams.
- It’s capable of recording time-lapse videos and loop recordings.
- The case of this camera is both dustproof and waterproof.
- Unfortunately, the audio quality isn’t the best.
Nikon Coolpix W300
The Nikon Coolpix W300 is the perfect option for divers who love to go deep. This waterproof camera at Walmart can withstand water pressure of up to 98 feet deep, which means it outperforms many of its competitors. Though pricey, we think its waterproof performance alone is enough to convince you to get it!
Additionally, this camera also comes with a thoughtful and useful feature! For instance, it boasts a barometer that shows you the depth and altitude. Another great addition is Bluetooth which lets you pair the camera with your phone. Best of all, it’s available in several beautiful color options! Learn more about this camera in this review by Photography Blog.
- This camera’s waterproof performance is way better than the ones at a similar price range.
- Aside from capturing clear images, it can also record 4K videos.
- This durable camera can withstand the cruelest weather conditions.
- Though not a deal-breaker, some people are sad that it doesn’t have raw shooting.
Not all waterproof cameras have to cost you a lot, and the Fujifilm XP140 is proof. Despite being budget-friendly, it doesn’t lack the essential features. For instance, this camera can capture 100 fps slow-motion videos in 720p, which is pretty good. If that’s not enough, you’ll be thrilled to know that it can record 4K videos, though it’s limited to 15 fps.
Apart from that, this camera is also popular for its extreme durability. In fact, we dare to say that it’s almost indestructible. Besides being dustproof, it’s also shockproof and can withstand extremely cold temperatures of up to -10ºC! And when it comes to its waterproof performance, it can survive up to 82 feet deep!
- This camera can easily survive the most extreme weather condition.
- Its Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections allow you to transfer files to your phone seamlessly.
- It’s available in several different colors.
- The quality of the 4K videos it produces can be better.
Most Durable. Are you looking for the toughest waterproof camera at Walmart? The Ricoh WG-70 may just be it! Yep, this little camera is specifically designed to take a beating. And unlike some of its competitors, this camera can stay underwater (up to 46 feet) for up to 2 hours! That’s really impressive, isn’t it?
Moreover, it comes with ring lights that surround the lens. They can be used as a macro light, so you can see more clearly when you’re in the water. Another feature that we fancy is the Handheld Night Snap. Thanks to this technology, the camera can easily take some pictures in low-light conditions without any blur!
- The colors that this camera produces look more natural.
- It’s one of, if not the most durable, waterproof camera.
- It’s available in several different shades to choose from.
- Unfortunately, it’s on the pricier side. But it’s totally worth the money!
GoPro Hero 11
Most Compact. Of course, you can’t talk about the best waterproof camera at Walmart without mentioning the GoPro Hero 11! This camera is simply amazing. This variant is much easier to use and more refined than its predecessor. The menus are snappier, and the interface is a breeze to understand.
Choosing the best photo from dozens of options can be extremely hard. Thankfully, this camera comes with face, smile, and blink detection. That way, it can help you pick your best picture and videos! Though compact, the durability of this camera is nothing to underestimate. It can take a beating and even comes with a lens cover! Check out what nomadasaurus.com has to say about this camera!
- The powerful GP2 processor makes the experience of using this camera more enjoyable.
- Compared to the previous models, this version is more user-friendly.
- The video and image stabilization has been greatly improved.
- It’s not the best option for low-light conditions.
AKASO EK7000 4K Action Camera
The AKASO EK7000 4K Action Camera is arguably one of the most sought-after action cameras on the market. As the name suggests, this camera is capable of taking 4K photos and videos, allowing you to capture every moment flawlessly. Additionally, it also performs decently well in low-light conditions.
We’re also impressed by the battery life of this camera. When shooting videos, it can last for up to 90 minutes. Not bad for such a compact camera. What’s more, it comes with a built-in HDMI. This means transferring photos and videos is a piece of cake. Of course, it has Wi-Fi, too.
- Its 4K resolution allows you to capture every moment blur-free.
- Its battery life is more impressive than some.
- Photo sharing is seamless with the built-in Wi-Fi and HDMI.
- You should note that it can’t withstand strong water pressure for long.
Olympus Tough TG-6
Best Overall. If you’re looking for a waterproof camera at Walmart that’s both tough and reliable, the Olympus Tough TG-6 is the answer! For those who own the TG-5 and wonder whether this new variant is worth the upgrade, we’re here to tell you that the answer is yes! The new TG-6 is capable of raw shooting. And when it comes to resolution, it can shoot crystal-clear 4K videos at 30 fps.
In addition to that, shooting something that’s far away is a piece of cake, thanks to the 25-100 mm optical zoom lens. Another advantage of this camera is its compact design, making it a nice option for adventurers and travelers. Better yet, the chunky handgrip allows you to hold the camera safely! Pretty awesome, isn’t it? Why don’t you check out imagingresource’s YouTube review to get to know this camera better?
- It can effortlessly produce sharp and clear images despite being an underwater camera.
- Its compact design allows it to be travelers’ new best friend.
- This camera is relatively easy to use, making it one of the best digital cameras for beginners.
- Since it’s newer, it also means it’s more expensive.
When it comes to waterproof cameras, all of the options above can be your reliable friend. However, we understand that not all of them are for you. That’s why we’ve selected some of our favorites based on the following categories!
- Best Overall: Olympus Tough TG-6
- Most Compact: GoPro Hero 11
- Most Durable: Ricoh WG-70
- Best Budget: Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30
How To Choose The Best Waterproof Cameras at Walmart
when choosing the best waterproof camera at Walmart, there are some features that you need to pay attention to. They include:
It’s important to know what your waterproof camera is for. For instance, if you want to go scuba diving, you’ll need to make sure your camera is made to withstand deep dives. Many cameras can stay waterproof for more than 90 feet below the water’s surface. But getting something like that isn’t a must if you’re only going to the pool.
High-quality waterproof cameras will have big megapixels, affecting your images’ quality. The higher the megapixels are, the brighter and more lively the photos will turn out.
As with the megapixels, the higher the video resolution, the better the quality. Nowadays, it’s easy to find cameras that can record 4K videos. However, you need also to consider its fps. What surprises you is that many cheap cameras now can also record 4K videos!
Can a waterproof camera go underwater?
Yes! In fact, that’s the whole purpose of a waterproof camera. Waterproof cameras can easily withstand water pressure without a protective case.
Is GoPro really waterproof?
Of course! Newer GoPros can easily stay waterproof underwater without any protective case, while older models might require a case.
Why buy a waterproof camera?
You should get a waterproof camera if you want to capture every moment during your water activities. Yes, you can use your waterproof smartphone, but chances are the quality it offers won’t be as good as the one offered by waterproof cameras.