Oklahoma is deeply rooted in Native American culture, whether it’s cultural displays, museums, and more. When it comes to practicality, it’s forged ahead in the game, especially in terms of marijuana usage. Oklahoma’s marijuana laws continue evolving as many states have changed in the last few years. While the use of recreational marijuana is still illegal, using medical marijuana is legal. But it’s so easy to get a medical marijuana license in the state that it’s been fully legalized for all intents and purposes. This is evident in the sheer number of 420 friendly cabins in Oklahoma that have propped up in the last few years. In fact, the state has more than 9,000 licensed marihuana businesses, which include almost 2,000 dispensaries.
Arguably, it’s evident that Oklahoma has built the country’s only free-market marijuana industry. So, if you want to smoke up peacefully and stay in equally amazing outdoorsy stays, then Oklahoma is the place to be. To that end, here are the 6 best 420-friendly cabins in Oklahoma.
Thousand Oaks Resort, Langley
Best resort cabin. Get high in the cabins at the Thousand Oaks Resort, one of the best 420-friendly cabins in Oklahoma. In addition to being weed-friendly, it’s also adult-only. So, you can actually find peace at this 30-acre-huge, oak-tree-lined resort. This family-owned and operated resort boasts modern accommodations that include 16 updated cabins, of which 11 even have private hot tubs. What’s more, most of the cabins have living areas and full kitchens, while they all have mod-cons such as Roku TVs and coffeemakers. If that wasn’t enough, there’s even an RV spot with full hookups for those who’re traveling with the best Outdoorsy RVs. If you’re looking for cabins, there’s an amazing “Doobie Duplex!”
That said, leave your cozy quarters, as this resort has lots to do. For one, there’s a saltwater pool with daybeds to the side as well as poolside service. Despite being seasonal, it’s one of the best things to do on the property. There’s also a 24/7 game room/rec center with board games, arcade machines, a pool table, and other fun activities. There are also walking trails at the property’s backside and fire pits to enjoy an alfresco night of s’mores. An onsite coffee shop serves an array of meals, plus energy drinks, teas, and even room service.
The amazing add-ons and packages, such as charcuterie boards and munchie packs, make your stay even more magical. However, the highlight is that cannabis consumption is allowed anywhere on the resort property except in the pool. The best bit? It’s allowed on the pool decks!
Check Rates on:
The Wilderness Homestead, Jay
Soak and toke to your heart’s content at the Wilderness Homestead in Jay, Oklahoma. This gorgeous property has a few options for cabins, but what’s great about them is what each cabin has. Firstly, all two-bedroom cabins have plush beds, dining areas, Roku TVs in living areas, and modern bathrooms. But it’s the outdoors that takes the cake, especially the backyard. The backyard has a luxurious spa, a BBQ grill, an outdoor pizza oven, a social area with a fire pit, and a picnic table. Even better, all cabins are close to the one-mile-long wilderness hiking trail. When it comes to their smoking policy, you can smoke only medicated marijuana (with a license, that is) in outdoor spaces. Smoking indoors anywhere on the property is a strict no-no. Seclusion, comfort, and 420-friendly – what more could you want?
Check Rates on:
Best rustic. If you’re the spiritual kind, then Vanaprastha is the place where you should be. The offbeat commune is tucked in the middle of the gorgeous outdoors just a few miles from the town of Stigler and is one of the 420-friendly cabins in Oklahoma. This place is set amongst one of the higher peaks in the area, is medical marijuana-friendly, and only offers tents (no camper/RV/cabin access). So, you might have to hike since not all sites are accessible by a 4×4 vehicle. While some sites are primitive, others have conveniences such as firepits, toilets, and potable water.
On the property, you’ll find hiking opportunities, both with and without guides, classes for building primitive structures, yoga, fitness, and more. The surrounding region is said to have seen settlements for everyone ranging from Seminole and Chickasaw natives to Choctaw and Cherokees too. Clearly, the spiritual energy on this land is significant, and when you add toking to it, you’ll feel a different high.
Check Rates on:
Hemp Hotel, Oklahoma City
Best hotel. Now this one isn’t exactly a cabin, but imagine getting all the comforts of a traditional hotel along with the joy of toking! That’s the Hemp Hotel in Oklahoma City for you, which sits near the airport just a few miles from downtown OKC. This hotel is medical marijuana-friendly, meaning you can do so here if you have a license to smoke, vape, etc. What’s more, you have options for both smoking and non-smoking rooms, so make sure you choose them when booking your accommodations. Besides that, there’s a lot of open space on this Travelodge by Wyndham property and many amenities. These include everything from free Wi-Fi to a business center. Wrapping up the amenities is a 24/7 front desk and room service.
Check Rates on:
Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Airport
The Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Airport has some of the best 420-friendly rooms, rather than cabins, in Oklahoma. If you want to live in comfort, along with the amenities of a hotel, then this place is perfect. For one, it sits just 10-15 minutes from downtown OKC. Choose from smoking and non-smoking rooms, all of which come with free Wi-Fi, plush beds, flatscreen TVs, and modern bathrooms. But the outdoors are even better, especially the seasonal, heated outdoor pool with daybeds to the side. Besides that, there’s a well-equipped fitness center,a business center, and even a 24-hour pantry with drinks, snacks, and Starbucks beverages. There’s even complimentary coffee and tea in the room and the lobby. Finally, your day begins with a delicious breakfast at the Bistro.
Check Rates on:
Osage Casino Hotel, Tulsa
The Osage Casino Hotel, Tulsa, is one of the best 420-friendly hotels in Oklahoma. This hotel was designed for luxury and comfort, especially since it’s attached to such an amazing casino. You’ll appreciate the rooms and suites, all of which feature custom artwork, plush beds, modern bathrooms, and flatscreen TVs to relax and unwind. This 420-friendly property has a ton of amenities, such as an amazing outdoor pool where you can swim and unwind after a toking session. What’s more, there’s also free parking, free Wi-Fi, a gym, and two restaurants and bars/lounges to take care of all your drinking and dining needs.
Check Rates on:
While all these cabins (and hotels) are great, we’ve also listed some of the best options with their best features:
- Best resort cabin: Thousand Oaks Resort, Langley
- Best rustic: Vanaprastha, Stigler
- Best hotel: Hemp Hotel, Oklahoma City
Where to Stay in Oklahoma?
If someone wanted to smoke cannabis legally just about a decade ago, they’d have been out of luck until they booked a trip to Amsterdam. But, since Washington and Colorado became pioneers in legalizing recreational marijuana, the “Green Rush” has only grown. And Oklahoma has turned into the “Wild West for Weed,” and it’s easy to see why. While the state’s weed is legal only for medical card holders, they also accept medical card holders from other states. So, whether you’re hiking or watching a game, there’s always a pot shop close by in Oklahoma.
We begin with Oklahoma City, which ranks No. 1 for “pot passion.” In fact, OKC residents search for weed-related terms 117% more than the national average on Google. While other states grow patches, Oklahomans grow “fields,” as evident from the North Canadian River banks in Choctaw and Muskogee Counties. But one of the nation’s largest cannabis plots is Okemah, a tiny hamlet an hour east of OKC. There’s also the innocuous Inola, which lies just a few miles east of Tulsa. Finally, you’ll find dispensaries even in tiny hamlets like Lawton and Bristow, which sits between Tulsa and OKC and used to thrive on cotton and oil.
Are you driving over to Colorado too? Here are the best 420-friendly Boulder cabins. If you’re the city kind, check out the best 420-friendly Denver hotels.
Recommended Restaurants / Bars in Oklahoma:
- Gypsy Coffee House, Tulsa: This coffeehouse has been a bastion for artistic souls and free-thinkers. It partnered with Eufloria Dispensaries and is Tulsa’s very first cannabis-friendly cafe. While Eufloria stays open 24×7, Gypsy stays open until 2 a.m. Besides coffee and sandwiches, you can also consume cannabis with a medical license on the outdoor patio.
- Smoklahoma Lounge, Tulsa: This Tulsa spot has a dab bar and a space for private events, free Wi-Fi, and a pool table. Moreover, the storefront is loaded with smoking accessories and a very popular smoking sesh spot for locals and tourists.
- Three Cubed, OKC: This Downtown Oklahoma City treasure includes a restaurant, bar, and a 420 lounge. While the menu has some of the city’s best cocktails and a diverse menu, it’s also a great place to enjoy a toke with your meal or with your friends. In fact, their consumption-friendly lounge is perfect for events and private parties.
Recommended Activities in Oklahoma:
- Sesh, The Magnolia, Oklahoma City: Tucked on the top floor of a historic OKC structure, this place has old-brick foundations and beautifully aged wooden-framed windows. This vintage, open space is perfect for gatherings, classes, intimate events, and weddings. The best bit? It’s a favorite consumption-friendly event space.
Best Cannabis Dispensaries in Oklahoma:
- Med Pharm, Broken Arrow: This mom-and-pop, veteran-owned store even goes as far as donating 30% of proceeds to the Oklahoma Pet Collective Society! But there are more reasons to love this medical-only pot shop, especially since it’s one of the state’s first dispensaries to operate on the maxim of “cannabis with a cause.” They have the best and strongest flower selection in all of Oklahoma. It even has 24×7 service and a drive-thru – now, what could beat that?
- Lifted Spirits, Tahlequah: So, what’s the secret ingredient at Lifted Spirits? Brotherly love! This store is owned and operated by two brothers from Eastern Oklahoma. But it also goes the extra mile on everything from custom merchandise to concentrate recommendations.