Washington’s market is nearly as old as Colorado’s, and Seattle has not only a normalized relationship with cannabis but also a developed economy around it. In fact, Every August, the Emerald City plays host to the world’s largest pot rally, Hempfest, with more than 100,000 people visiting it over 2 days. But that’s not all. Seattle has a whole lot of things to see and do, ranging from glacier-covered volcanoes to stunning gardens and exhibits. It also draws a lot of wannabe stoners, especially with the choices of 420-friendly hotels in Seattle. Since recreational use of weed is restricted to the privacy of your 420-friendly lodging, Seattle’s weed-friendly accommodations are on a high – literally. Besides the lodging choices, the city also has cannabis-themed dispensaries and tours that’ll have stoners feeling like kids in a candy store. To that end, here are the 6 best 420-friendly hotels in Seattle.
Table of contents
- The North Admiral Penthouse
- Green Tortoise Hostel, Seattle
- Mountain Views B&B, Monroe
- Thompson Seattle
- Cecil Bacon Manor Bed & Breakfast
- Bed Baked and Beyond Cherry Hill Guesthouse
- Our Verdict!
- Where to Stay in Seattle?
- Recommended Restaurants / Bars in Seattle:
- Recommended Activities in Seattle:
- Best Cannabis Dispensaries in Seattle:
The North Admiral Penthouse
While it’s not a traditional cannabis hotel, the North Admiral Penthouse offers tourists visiting Seattle a fabulous vantage point of the city. This luxurious two-floor apartment makes for a captivating toking-friendly abode and is perfect for a couple of travelers visiting this city. This penthouse allows you to light up anywhere on the property, but the best spot to do so is the penthouse deck. It commands magnificent and spectacular views of the Seattle cityscape.
The rest of the penthouse is equally amazing and has a master bedroom, a kitchenette for cooking meals, and even a washer/dryer setup. Moreover, the modern bathroom and free Wi-Fi ensure that you have a comfortable stay. Downstairs, you’ll even find a wine and beer lounge, an organic coffee shop, and an art gallery. Please note: The apartment sits on the 4th/5th floors in a building that has no elevator, so you need to haul your stuff, and yourself, up the stairs.
Check Rates on:
Green Tortoise Hostel, Seattle
The Green Tortoise Hostel is one of the most inclusive places in Seattle and also one of its best 420-friendly hotels. It sits right next to the waterfront and Pike’s Place Market, which means you’re perfectly located to explore the city’s best parts after a toking session. The rooms here include private rooms and women-only dorms, so it caters to all travelers. What’s more, the dorms have beds with privacy curtains, while the bathrooms are all gender-neutral. We told you it’s inclusive!
But that’s not all. The best bit is that despite Seattle not allowing indoor smoking, this hostel has a 420-friendly smoking lounge. So, those who want to smoke can smoke to their heart’s content without making others uncomfortable. If that wasn’t enough, the hostel even has a free breakfast in place every day, along with brownies (nope, not those kinds!) served on Sunday. Furthermore, the staff is a cheery and helpful lot and is more than happy to dole out information about bicycle rentals, pub crawls, and free walking tours.
Check Rates on:
Mountain Views B&B, Monroe
Most romantic. There’s no better way to romance in Seattle than escape into the woods at the fairy tale-esque Mountain Views B&B in Monroe. This toking-friendly treehouse property offers many whimsical treehouse staying options, making it perfect for romance. For 420-friendly options, choose from the 420 treehouses, the potleaf treehouse, and the trippy treehouse – all worthy names! What’s more, smoking is allowed both indoors and outdoors at these three places, and they even provide a vaporizer to do away with the smell and the smoke later on. If that wasn’t enough, the rooms feature private modern bathrooms, pillowtop beds, and HDTVs for entertainment.
Besides the amazing digs, this eclectic 420-friendly farm even has other amenities. These include a huge hot tub, free Wi-Fi, and even a newly renovated kitchen for whipping up meals. In fact, this B&B is even pet-friendly and allows you to bring your furry and non-furry companions. The best bit? They also have fellow companions in the form of a pig, a horse, a donkey, a dog, and even a swearing parrot! So, if you’re looking for a secluded cannabis-fuelled glamping experience, then this place is just the thing for you.
Check Rates on:
Best hotel. The Thompson Seattle might not advertise it out and out, but it also happens to be a 420-friendly hotel. In fact, guests who’ve stepped off long and nauseating flights have found some amazing welcome treats in their rooms; a basketful of goodies from the Goodship Edible Company! This brand, which could very well be called the Willy Wonka of the cannabis world, sends out curated baskets with pastilles, chocolates, a whole flower from Butchy, some Marlet Natural pre-rolls, and even high-potency Headlight buds. Since offering actual cannabis products isn’t allowed, the hotel certainly presents comfortable cannabis-friendly accommodations in a very creative way to please their guests.
Not for nothing is Thompson also one of the best boutique hotels in Downtown Seattle. Firstly, it welcomes you with a glass of wine before they lead you to the fabulous rooms and suites with floor-to-ceiling windows. They also have flatscreen TVs, customized movie libraries, cloud-like beds, and modern bathrooms with soaking tubs, Frette bathrobes, and luxury bath amenities. Finally, it also has a 24-hour gym, two restaurants, a bar and lounge, and a rooftop terrace, all with sweeping views of the Elliott Bay and Olympic Mountains.
Check Rates on:
Cecil Bacon Manor Bed & Breakfast
Best B&B. If you’re looking for a 420-friendly B&B in Seattle, then head straight to the Cecil Bacon Manor Bed & Breakfast, which was formerly the Bacon Mansion. This Capitol hill neighborhood B&b sits in a stately Tudor mansion and is named after its architect, Cecil Bacon. Moreover, the hotel has an amazing cannabis-friendly promise and lives up to it too. Firstly, guests can smoke on any of the outside areas as they please, including the patio and the porch. The outside areas are smoking-friendly zones as long as there isn’t a door or a window nearby.
This 1909-built place is fascinating for history lovers since the structure is over 100 years old and retains most of the original floor plan and exterior. On the inside, there’s a chandelier, stained-glass windows, marble fireplaces, a grand piano, and even a library. Even though it doesn’t exactly advertise itself as a cannabis-friendly hotel, those who call and ask about the cannabis-friendly digs will have their needs attended to.
Check Rates on:
Bed Baked and Beyond Cherry Hill Guesthouse
Best value for money. The Bed Baked and Beyond Cherry Hill Guesthouse is one of the most popular and affordable 420-friendly hotels in Seattle. This Victorian-style home is just like the Bacon Mansion, but it’s far quainter and caters especially to cannabis aficionados and enthusiasts. Since they don’t allow smoking indoors, they’ve even designed and designated a very nice “Pot-ting shed” smokers’ lounge. Plus, they go a step further and even have two outdoor seating areas: a patio and a porch. If that wasn’t enough, there’s even a backyard with a fire pit where you can smoke to your heart’s content.
You get to choose from a host of rooms, but the deeply alluring 1940s Ballard’s Bungalow takes the cake. Not only that, but it’s affordable too. Start your day with a delicious complimentary breakfast of organic tea, coffee, seasonal fruits, and homemade gourmet muffins. Finally, the hosts might even invite you to sample complimentary craft beer at the bar in the evening.
Check Rates on:
We’ve curated a list of the best 420-friendly Seattle digs according to their best attributes:
- Best value for money: Bed Baked and Beyond Cherry Hill Guesthouse
- Best B&B: Cecil Bacon Manor Bed & Breakfast
- Best hotel: Thompson Seattle
- Most romantic: Mountain Views B&B, Monroe
Where to Stay in Seattle?
Seattle, as a whole, is great for stoners, with its great food, live music, artsy vibe, and gorgeous scenery. What’s more, it’s packed with lots of excellent dispensaries featuring 420 treats such as topicals, edibles, buds, and more from a host of local producers. If we had to pick one neighborhood that’s most amenable for stoners, it would be the happening Capitol Hill. Located just north of downtown, it’s home to the city’s nightlife, street performances, live music venues, amazing restaurants, and food vendors. With rainbow crosswalks and the whiff of weed in the air, it’s also one of Seattle’s most open-minded neighborhoods.
Seattle, in general, is a very open-minded city when it comes to weed. For instance, there’s a slew of great dispensaries in the South Downtown neighborhood as well. Plus, the gorgeous Fremont area is home to some of Seattle’s best dispensaries, fried seafood, coffee shops, and stunning downtown views. Finally, there’s Ballard, which is home to some of the most happening live music venues and bars in the entire state.
Recommended Restaurants / Bars in Seattle:
- Shawarma King, Seattle: Shawarma King has many locations across the city, so you’re sorted when it comes to late-night cravings after smoking up. In fact, the two U-District locations are open as late as 3 am. So, you can enjoy delicious Mediterranean favorites such as gyros and shawarma after a stony evening.
- Magical Butter Studio: Fresh off the success of their food truck, the brand Magical Butter now has a restaurant that boasts an all-cannabis menu! It features the finest in marijuana edibles, with items like pulled pork and grilled cheese sandwiches all being made with canna-infused cheese, butter, or oil. THC cravings, anyone?
Recommended Activities in Seattle:
- Pike Place Market Seafood Tasting Tour: Pike Place Market is “the” place to explore in Seattle, as it’s also one of the USA’s top tourist attractions and also one of the best places to visit In Washington. This tour takes you to the best places in Pike Place Market for seafood. Dig into six dishes featuring clam chowder, tuna, salmon, and more.
- Seattle Harbor Cruise with Live Narration: How would you like to explore Seattle from the water? This cruise, which has been around since 1949, will impress you with spectacular views of the Seattle skyline. What’s more, it offers an amazing narration by a local as you relax on the open deck and breathe in the fresh air.
Best Cannabis Dispensaries in Seattle:
- Origins Cannabis, West Seattle: This is the kind of place that reveres weed as both a science and an art. What’s more, their deals and selection are equally thoughtfully laid out, as they sell everything from concentrates and joints to edibles, flowers, and more.
- Uncle Ike’s: Uncle Ike’s is a Seattle institution, and its Capitol Hill location features goodies from Washington’s top grow houses. It not only offers edibles and pre-rolled joints for as low as 3 USD, but you can also take in views of Capitol Hill. The friendly budtenders will help you achieve a nice buzz without breaking the bank if it’s your first time. What also helps is that Uncle Ike’s is one of the first dispensaries in Seattle!