The 1930s saw the introduction of aluminum siding for RV as a low-cost, long-lasting, and low-maintenance substitute for wood siding. Due to the popularity of the less expensive vinyl during the next decades, aluminum slowly lost ground, but it still has a presence in the market. In theory, at least, the choice is good.
However, the variety of options might be, to put it mildly, overwhelming for the car owner trying to choose the type of aluminum siding for the camper. Aluminum can be a great siding option, depending on the type of RV and other elements. The best aluminum siding for RVs on Amazon is listed below.
Table of contents
- RecPro Arctic White RV Fiberglass
- ToughGrade 82 Inches RV Fiberglass
- FFYHU Aluminum Outside Siding Corner
- Eagle 1 Aluminum/Vinyl Siding Coil
- RecPro Tan RV Fiberglass/Filon Siding
- Harness Machine & Fab Aluminum Angle
- Randall Manufacturing Co., Inc Aluminum Angle
- EAGLE 1: 26 Gauge Flashing Rolls
- DLDIRECT Aluminum Sheet
- Tough Grade 8.5 Arctic White RV Fiberglass Sidewall
- LQFHP Aluminum Outside Siding
- Generic Interwebz Primed Aluminum Siding
- AMERIMAX HOME Aluminum Siding Corner
- Our Verdict!
- How to Choose the Best Aluminum Sidings for RVs
- Is aluminum siding cheaper than vinyl?
- How long will aluminum siding last?
- Does aluminum siding block TV signals?
RecPro Arctic White RV Fiberglass
On the list of best aluminum siding for RV is the RecPro Arctic White RV Fiberglass. It’s made of a durable filon material. Fiberglass siding is built to last while maintaining its great structure. This aluminum sheet for camper has high tensile strength and is very lightweight.
This aluminum siding for camper has a beautiful arctic white shade, and unlike gel-coated fiberglass, the arctic white fiberglass shows high levels of visible fibers. Also, a highly protective film is embossed on its finish panels to avoid damage. This can be removed upon installation. If you want to remodel the outside of your RV or replace damaged siding, the arctic white RV fiberglass filon siding is a great choice.
- A highly protective film is embossed on its finish panels to avoid damage.
- It’s structured for longevity without alterations to its original design.
- It’s made of long-lasting filon material.
- It doesn’t trim easily. It might take longer than expected.
ToughGrade 82 Inches RV Fiberglass
Encounter one of the best aluminum sidings for RV with the ToughGrade 82 Inches RV Fiberglass, which is specially designed for the external covering of your RV, trailer, or camper. It’s a delicate composition with durability, beauty, and flexibility. Regarding RV building materials, fiberglass filon is a terrific option.
This ToughGrade fiberglass siding measures 82 inches wide and can range from 2 to 40 feet long, depending on the option chosen in the drop-down menu. The siding is 1/16-inch gauge and is colored a solid gray. These options ensure you have just what you need for the perfect remodel or DIY repair project.
- It is made of long-lasting filon material.
- It is structured for longevity without alterations to its original design.
- A highly protective film is embossed on its finish panels.
- It is very expensive to purchase.
FFYHU Aluminum Outside Siding Corner
The FFYHU Aluminum Outside Siding Corner is one of the best aluminum sidings for RV, and for a good reason. This aluminum siding is a beautiful choice. It outperforms the competition in the harshest weather with an ultra-tough finish over the thickest, highest-grade aluminum panel. Best of all, FFYHU is eco-friendly and 100 percent recyclable.
Moreover, these aluminum sheets for campers feature a natural-looking finish made from strong and durable aluminum. The warm, crisscrossing hues and beautiful texture of this high-end siding will add a touch of perfect elegance to your RV. This aluminum siding is paintable and can be easily decorated.
- This aluminum siding is lightweight, which makes it easier to install.
- It’s a good insulator and provides more insulation than a thinner gauge.
- It requires low maintenance, as you must rinse it off about once a year.
- After some time, it starts looking dull.
Eagle 1 Aluminum/Vinyl Siding Coil
You’ll find the best aluminum siding for a camper with the Eagle 1 Aluminum/Vinyl Siding Coil. One of the standout features of aluminum siding is that it has a smooth finish and is available in many colors and sizes. This aluminum siding is lightweight, which makes it easier to install.
Secondly, Eagle 1 Aluminum/Vinyl Siding Coil will maintain its beautiful appearance season after season, despite exposure to harsh weather elements such as heat, cold, rain, and snow. This aluminum siding for the camper is perfect for making fascia covers, drip edges, concrete barriers, and much more. Also, it can be used off-label to protect your cedar fence boards from the line trimmer.
- It does not rust and will not absorb moisture.
- It will not swell in humidity, dry out, or shrink in the heat.
- It is 100% recyclable, so there is no need for it to ever go to a landfill.
- This soft aluminum siding is more prone to scratches and dents.
RecPro Tan RV Fiberglass/Filon Siding
The RecPro Tan RV Fiberglass/Filon Siding is one of the best aluminum sidings for RV. If you’re looking for the best aluminum siding reliable ones, then this one from RecPro is a catch. To start with, what you’ll love is its versatility and durability. This aluminum siding is ideal if you want the best outdoorsy RVs to rent from Outdoorsy.
Depending on your preference, the aluminum siding for the camper can be mounted anywhere and in many different positions. Moreover, this aluminum siding for camper features a heavy-duty aluminum center coated with a tough LoMar polyester finish. It has a protective film that must be removed after installation.
- Comes in several different patterns and textures.
- This aluminum siding is insect-proof.
- It’s non-flammable, meaning it will not ignite.
- Rain and hail can sound loud on this aluminum siding.
Harness Machine & Fab Aluminum Angle
Amongst the best RV aluminum sidings that are middle-of-the-road are the Harness Machine & Fab Aluminum Angle. One of the most unique features of aluminum siding for campers is its long life, which is as much as two times that of traditional siding. It does not rust and will not absorb moisture the way wood does.
If you live on the coast or in another humid region, these aluminum sheets for a camper are a perfect choice. It will not swell in humidity, dry out, or shrink in the heat. The only mildew that will grow is on the debris allowed to build up against the siding, which can be power washed away.
- The siding is coated with chemicals to prevent corrosion.
- If you live in a part of the country that has extreme temperatures, this may be the best choice.
- This product is sturdy and not prone to cracking with age, as vinyl can.
- With its metallic appearance, it has a slightly industrial look.
Randall Manufacturing Co., Inc Aluminum Angle
Yet another of the best aluminum siding for RV is the Randall Manufacturing Co., Inc Aluminum Angle. The aluminum siding is lightweight, making it easier to install and saving you money on labor costs. Contractors typically have to replace your existing siding with a new one.
Still, under the right circumstances, they can install heavy-gauge aluminum over your existing siding, lowering the installation cost even further. Moreover, this aluminum siding for camper keeps heat out in the summer and keeps warmth in during the winter. As for insulation, metal does better than vinyl, saving you on your utility bills.
- It can be completely recycled.
- It’s about cheaper than 80% of the other types of siding.
- It won’t crack and get brittle in the winter or sag and warp in extreme heat or flames.
- In high winds, the aluminum may make several “pinging” noises.
EAGLE 1: 26 Gauge Flashing Rolls
An excellent high-performance siding with one of the best aluminum siding for RV is the EAGLE 1: 26 Gauge Flashing Rolls. Many RVers love this siding for its versatility, reliability, and the fact that it doesn’t require much maintenance. If you love long road trips, this EAGLE 1: 26 Gauge Flashing Rolls is perfect for you. Featuring a maintenance-free design and fireproof construction, the siding provides optimal safety even in adverse weather conditions.
Furthermore, all painted rolls are high-quality 26 gauge steel with 40-year Valspar baked-on paint. It has a bright, polished appliance-grade finish. Also, the 100% copper flashing rolls are 16 ounces of copper. All in all, these aluminum sheets for campers can hold up to the most demanding RV needs.
Are you in search of a pull-out couch for your RV? You should check out our best pull-out couch for RV to save space and enjoy a comfy sleep.
- It can be power-washed when dirty or if debris is on it.
- If the enamel fades, it can be repainted.
- This aluminum siding is lightweight, which makes it easier to install.
- Aluminum is easily scratched
DLDIRECT Aluminum Sheet
One of the best aluminum siding for RV is the DLDIRECT Aluminum Sheet. It’s heavy-duty yet flexible enough to shape around curves. This bendable metal sheet is the same thick aluminum plate you see on fire engines, big rigs, and cars.
This aluminum guard plate sheet metal pattern provides superior protection and a textured anti-slip surface ideal for diamond tread plates, walkways, and campers. It will not swell in humidity, dry out, or shrink in the heat. Finally, the design of this aluminum sheet for the camper prevents rust, so you won’t need to put in much maintenance work.
- It does not rust and will not absorb moisture the way wood does.
- This aluminum siding provides more insulation than thinner gauges.
- The aluminum siding is considered a green siding product because it’s 100% recyclable.
- The colors baked onto aluminum siding tend to fade over time.
Tough Grade 8.5 Arctic White RV Fiberglass Sidewall
If you have a small RV for just the two of you, enjoy the best aluminum siding with the Tough Grade 8.5 Arctic White RV Fiberglass Sidewall. Designed more for personal mobility applications, this aluminum siding works wonderfully even on smaller RVs, for which other sidings are huge and unnecessary. It can also withstand harsh conditions.
Thanks to its composition, this aluminum sheet for the camper is made of long-lasting filon material that doesn’t dent. In addition, it’s a remarkable improvement and is structured for longevity without alterations to its original design. Because of its high quality, this aluminum siding can last as long as 50 years.
- Since it does not burn, it does not emit dangerous fumes when it gets hot the way vinyl can.
- This aluminum is the perfect choice for you if you live on the coast or in another humid region.
- It will not swell in humidity, dry out, or shrink in the heat.
- Exposure to the elements often causes the aluminum to become chalky.
LQFHP Aluminum Outside Siding
One of the best aluminum siding for RV is the most durable on this list: the LQFHP Aluminum Outside Siding. It’s made of sturdy yet pliable aluminum, which is easy to work with and is primed and paint-ready. Despite repeated and continued use, these rugged siding features provide longer life and better overall performance.
What’s more, thanks to its unique chemical and physical plate structure, the aluminum siding for the camper is strong, reliable, and ensures optimal performance. Also, the fireproof nature of aluminum siding makes it a popular choice with insurance companies, which will often give RV owners a discount if they have this product on their RV.
- Small dents are often easy to repair, much like auto dents.
- This aluminum siding can last 40 to 50 years because of its long life span.
- It’s sturdy and not prone to cracking with age.
- Replacing a single panel or even a section of panels can prove difficult.
Generic Interwebz Primed Aluminum Siding
Indulge in the best RV aluminum siding with the Generic Interwebz Primed Aluminum Siding. The best aluminum siding on this list offers multiple advantages over vinyl sidings. Firstly, it’s very lightweight, weighing just 10 ounces, despite its dimensions being the same as other traditional sidings.
In addition, the intersection of the siding boards’ ends closes the corner gap and makes it ready for painting. This aluminum siding is perfect for your RV and works perfectly with some of the best Walmart Fans for cars. Lastly, these tough siding features offer a longer life and greater overall performance despite frequent use.
- This aluminum siding is dent-resistant and insect-proof.
- This is the aluminum siding of choice for those wanting an industrial look.
- It’s relatively inexpensive to purchase and maintain.
- Aluminum tends to dent easily.
AMERIMAX HOME Aluminum Siding Corner
We start with one of the best aluminum sidings for RVs, the AMERIMAX HOME Aluminum Siding Corner. It’s the best li-ion battery on the list and has an extended lifespan of more than 2,000 cycles. It has a pre-bent angle for siding corners. With a smooth white finish and is paintable to match any color scheme.
Designed with safety in mind, this Amerimax aluminum sheet for camper has a multi-protection system that’s automatically fireproof, which prevents it from catching fire and burning. Moreover, it ensures higher performance and is compact and lightweight. In addition, it has a host of home applications as well. The aluminum siding for campers is robust, trustworthy, and ensures optimal performance because of its distinct chemical and physical plate structure.
- It’s available in various patterns and colors to suit your taste.
- It does not burn or melt.
- Perfect for areas infested with insects like termites because it’s insect-proof.
Aluminum siding is one of the most crucial items you should carry with you on a lengthy road trip in your RV. After all, aluminum siding—especially the heavier-gauge metal—offers excellent insulating capabilities. In fact, aluminum siding insulates an RV better than vinyl siding and can save you a considerable amount on heating and cooling costs over the lifetime of the RV. We’ve broken our list down, listing the best sidings by their best feature.
- Best value for money: FFYHU Aluminum Outside Siding Corner
- Best quality: RecPro Arctic White RV Fiberglass
- Best durability: Eagle 1 Aluminum/Vinyl Siding Coil
- Best design: Generic Interwebz Primed Aluminum Siding
How to Choose the Best Aluminum Sidings for RVs
When selecting a siding, there are numerous factors to take into account. If the RV is located with significant dampness or extreme cold, aluminum, especially high-grade aluminum, can be a great option. How can you, however, know what to watch out for? When buying aluminum siding for an RV, keep the following qualities in mind.
Because aluminum is a soft metal, the thickness of your siding has a significant impact. Cheap aluminum sheets for camper are 40-gauge metal, which has a thickness of 0.4 inches. The recommended gauge for this type of siding is 44 gauge, although car owners who want the best will invest in 53 gauge siding.
Aluminum, especially heavier-gauge metal, ought to have good insulating qualities. Aluminum sheets for campers can save your heating and cooling costs throughout the product’s lifetime and insulate an RV more effectively than vinyl siding.
The aluminum needs to be insect-proof, not simply insect-resistant. This element can result in significant time and expense savings for you as a car owner compared to many other types of siding.
Is aluminum siding cheaper than vinyl?
There is a reason why aluminum siding is typically a little less expensive than vinyl siding. Regarding cost recovery, vinyl siding outperforms aluminum and will raise your RV’s resale value. Aluminum is more prone to damage, which could lower the value of your RV over time.
How long will aluminum siding last?
If properly taken care of, aluminum siding can last over 50 years.
Does aluminum siding block TV signals?
Any metal can have a negative impact on antenna reception. The antenna can be placed on a window.