Travel’s addictive, but packing restrictions on luggage space mean something needs to stay back home. But, with compact and portable equipment available, you need not leave your music behind. You’ll definitely want to squeeze your best Bluetooth speaker for travel in your bag. The joy of them means you’re able to listen to that great music collection anywhere and any time you feel like it.
Stream your music from your smartphone or tablet using your Bluetooth speaker. Or, double it up as a useful speakerphone. Possibly, you heard that these speakers have a lot of sound limitations and that the bass tends to distort. But times moved on, technology improved, and you should consider getting one.
Imagine chilling on the beach somewhere in an exotic destination, with great music to entertain you and your fellow travel-lovers. Check out the best Bluetooth speaker for travel that suits your needs on our list of the 13 Best Bluetooth Speakers that we tracked down on Amazon. We focussed on those with great battery life, the best sound output, and prices that don’t weigh heavy on your pocket.
AVWOO Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
AVWOO Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is a mini speaker. The product comes with enhanced bass and a built-in microphone. Ideal for the outdoors and travel, the wireless range sits at about 10 meters and it has a play-time of about eight hours. The Bluetooth connection should work with your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Kindle, and more.
The item weighs 2.4 ounces and comes at a size of 2 x 2.3 x 2 inches. It comes with a rechargeable lithium battery. The fast-charging also has indicator lights so you know when it’s full. Given the lightweight features, we put it on our list of the best Bluetooth speaker for travel.
What We Love
- The clear sound quality comes with good volume.
- The charging cord plugs into any USB outlet.
- Small and compact it’s easily transportable.
- The convenient strap for hanging makes this an asset for camping.
- It’s a quality speaker that doesn’t distort the sound.
- Notably, the connection holds strong most of the time without disconnecting.
- The battery life becomes lower and lower after time.
- The low battery alarm beeps and interferes with the music when it starts getting low.
- The volume won’t be audible in a high-noise environment like that of a vacuum cleaner running.
OontZ Angle Solo – Bluetooth Portable Speaker
OontZ Angle Solo Bluetooth Portable Speaker is nicely compact and delivers quite a good sound quality and sound volume. The wireless range is 100 feet. The water-resistant product connects to Echo Dot, Echo Dot 3rd Gen, Echo, Echo Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, laptops, and many more.
Weighing less than eight ounces, it measures 3.9 x 2.8 inches. It comes with a built-in rechargeable battery and can play for up to 10 hours, depending on the volume.
What We Love
- It has a lanyard attachment, making it easy to transport around.
- Simple controls include buttons for Play/Pause, Volume Up and Down.
- It auto-shuts down after 15 minutes of inactivity to save your battery life.
- The price, size, and music quality make it a great gift choice for your outdoors-loving friends.
- You can use it on speaker-phone.
- The battery life really delivers as advertised.
- The sound won’t carry very far in a large open environment like the beach.
- Sometimes, the speaker puts out a buzzing sound in the background.
Travel Case Packed, Wireless Mini Bluetooth Speaker
The Wireless Mini Bluetooth Speaker comes with travel in mind and is travel packed. The A106 mini speaker is small but delivers clear sound. Siver, in color, it’s classy and quite elegant. Weighing just 6.2 ounces it won’t take up a lot of packing space. It comes with a micro USB to USB charging cable and a user manual. Then, there’s the carrying case and a metal hook.
The product comes with a one-year warranty and a 30-day risk free guarantee. High volume comes courtesy of a 3W neodymium driver, and the bass is good for a product of this size and price-range.
What We Love
- It comes with simple controls and a minimal number of buttons.
- The sound’s well-balanced with little harmonic distortion.
- It takes only two hours to fully recharge the battery after six to eight hours of playing time.
- Even when put inside the metal case, the music continues playing in a safe environment.
- The product’s water resistant.
- You can still play it while it charges.
- Sometimes the speakers malfunction if you let the battery die completely.
- If you take it out of the protective case and drop it, it’s a bit flimsy and might break.
- The speaker vibrates loose if put on a hard surface for a long time on high volume.
Anker Soundcore Mini, Super-Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The Anker Soundcore Mini, Super-Portable Bluetooth Speaker comes with 15 hours of playtime. The 66-Foot Bluetooth range puts in on our list as a best Bluetooth speaker for travel. The enhanced bass and Noise-Cancelling features are useful for phone-connect calls.
The battery takes a single charge to produce 15 hours of playtime. Along with the Micro USB charging cable, the package includes a guide and guarantee. Compact, it weighs just seven ounces and measures 2.7 x 2.7 x 2.7 inches.
What We Love
- It fits into bags or backpacks.
- The product supports Micro SD cards.
- It puts out a good volume
- The sound volume in a room will be adequate to entertain you.
- It’s particularly good for listening to audio books from your phone.
- The microphone works with Siri, Google Voice or S-Voice.
- When tuning into a station, it’s hard to control as the TUNING and VOLUME are the same button. It’s fiddly enough trying to tune in without inadvertently tuning away when adjusting volume.
- The range gets disturbed by doors, other appliances, etc. It works best outdoors.
- It does not come with a power adapter.
JBL GO2 Waterproof Ultra Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The JBL GO2 Waterproof Ultra-Portable Bluetooth Speaker comes in an attractive blue color. The product delivers up to five hours of playtime and is waterproof. The unit may double as a speakerphone. In the package, buyers get the speaker, a Micro USB cable, and a quick start guide. The product measures 3.80 x 1.45 x 4.21 inches and weighs 6.49 ounces.
What We Love
- The range for connectivity is 33 feet.
- You can link via Bluetooth or audio jack.
- The sound quality seems quite solid.
- Volume levels seem acceptable.
- It’s so waterproof you can take it inside a shower.
- Compact, it easily fits into a pocket or a purse.
- The product comes with no charging box.
- The chimes signalling startup and shutdown can be very irritating.
- The auto-shut down can’t be over-ridden.
Kunodi Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Here’s another candidate for our best Bluetooth speaker for travel. The Kunodju Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker comes in black. It’s got a ubwoofer, enhanced bass, and a built-in mic. This compact product’s ideal for camping, hiking, or just hanging on some exotic beach. Actually, some people would consider it an excellent accessory for camping. In their review, the Genius Review noted, “Its appearance boasts impressive and user-friendly design.”
The product boasts a playtime of four to six hours, and a charge time of two to three hours. This product weighs in at 11.2 ounces and it’s dimensions are 4 x 3.6 x 1.8 inches.
What We Love
- This unit’s compatible with most Bluetooth devices like Iphone, Ipad, Macbook,Samsung, etc.
- The music sounds good and the bass is acceptable.
- At under $20, it’s easy on the wallet.
- It’s sturdy and can survive a drop without shattering.
- The little hanging hook makes it ideal for almost any environment.
- If you use a micro SD card in the port, it plays music louder than the AUX cord and bluetooth.
- It’s not particularly good in a wet environment. (Don’t put it totally underwater).
- The volume and skip button are tricky to get used to.
- It comes with a suction cup and sometimes it doesn’t work well on textured walls.
JSAUX Portable Mini Wireless Nut Speaker (CU)
The JSAUX Portable Mini Wireless Nut Speaker comes with enhanced bass and a built-in mic. The product package contains a sling that makes it ideal for travel and the outdoors. The product’s compatible with devices like the iPhone, iPad, Android Samsung Tablet, and more.
Small, the unit’s 2x2x2.3 inches and weighs 2.5 ounces. The attractive little nut comes with a USB cable, a manual, and a warranty. Usefully, just a single button supplies control for track selection.
What We Love
- Excellent sound in the high and middle tones and not overloaded with heavy bass.
- The cute appearance makes it look so natural.
- Strong and not likely to break if dropped.
- It plays for up to six hours off a single charge.
- Range is reasonable at 33 feet.
- The product’s sold by the manufacturer for better customer service.
- Additional controls are done on your device which can make it awkward to use sometimes.
- Sound is good in close range but not strong enough to fill a large area.
- The battery drains fast if playing at max volume.
Vtin 20W Bluetooth Speaker (404)
The Vtin 20W Bluetooth Speaker has special shock-proofing and it’s designed for outdoor use. Being waterproof against sprays and splashes also helps and a detachable hook means you can hang it almost anywhere. The built-in 4400mAh rechargeable battery brings a long playback time of up to 30 hours. But obviously, not at full volume all the time.
The product’s compatible with all sorts of devices from your iPhone, android, iPad, iPod, any alexa-enabled device, and more. It measures 8.6 x 3.7 x 3.4 inches and weighs 1.45 pounds.
What We Love
- It works well at the beach in damp and sandy conditions.
- The sound volume’s actually very good.
- Customer service is reportedly excellent.
- Despite volume limitations in large outdoor spaces, the sound quality’s very good.
- The build quality’s sturdy.
- Pairing connectivity is quite simple and straight-forward with almost any device.
- The product lacks a charging plug.
- People report that on occasion the Bluetooth connection cuts out.
- The low battery indicator beeps persistently which is irritating.
8W Soundnova IPX4 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker (404)
The 8W Bass Soundnova 3D Mini Portable Bluetooth Shower Speaker comes with a travel case and that makes it a best Bluetooth speaker for travel. Waterproof, you can use it in your shower. The unit produces up to 15 hours of playtime.
It comes with distortion-proof stereo and a slot for a Micro SD. You can pair it with iPhone, Samsung, Smartphone, iPad, Tablets, Laptops, and more. It measures 4.3 x 4.3 x 1.8 inches and weighs in at 7.4 ounces.
What We Love
- This unit plays up to 300 songs off one charge.
- For a small unit, distortion’s minimal.
- Customer support seems very good.
- Compared to the price of other items, the sound is very good.
- It comes with a lanyard for hanging or strapping.
- It pairs up with other devices fast and easily.
- The sound works well with YouTube for clarity but the volume could be louder.
- Some people complained about incorrect emails for customer services.
AOMAIS Sport II Mini Portable Bluetooth Speakers (404)
AOMAIS Sport II Mini Portable Bluetooth Speakers provide dual stereo pairing. The bass is rich, the sound is good, and it’s waterproof for places like the beach or the shower. This compact unit weighs less than two pounds and promises a playtime of 15 hours.
The Bluetooth range is good for about 100 feet. The product’s 6.3 x 1.8 x 2.3 inches in size. The music’s pretty good with a built-in mic and small distortion. The units are also reasonably shock and drop-proof.
What We Love
- Real stereo sound comes out of these and will fill a room.
- Using the micro-USB charging cable makes for fast-charging times.
- You can opt for the two-pack for even better sound quality.
- They are portable and ideal for travel or outings.
- Despite not looking flash and fancy, they do the job well.
- The Bass works well, and is not overpowering.
- While they are water-resistant, it’s best not to submerge them or they won’t work anymore.
- When watching videos or TV it’s probably better to use one speaker as the latency can be bad.
- The sound seems to distort sometimes after changing tracks.
A110 TWS Mini Bluetooth Speakers (404)
The A110 TWS Mini Bluetooth Speakers come in a hard travel case. You can pair two speakers with it for stereo sound with enhanced bass. The case protects it from dust, water, and shock. Made from metal, the product’s durable. Despite that, it weighs in at only 14 ounces. The size is quite compact with dimensions of 3.4 x 3.3 x 2.7 inches.
The unit supports a 32GB Micro-SD card, so you may carry more music with you. At 50% volume, the playback lasts for about eight hours off a single charge. These speakers supply surround sound.
What We Love
- The sounds comes out clear and smooth on the treble and the beep bass doesn’t distort.
- You can play music directly from the speaker with the SD card.
- Good build quality means it won’t break easily.
- As it’s heavy for its size, the volume doesn’t make the unit vibrate.
- Sound quality’s particularly good.
- The sound really is loud enough to hear in a crowded room.
- Sometimes people report issues pairing both speakers.
- The promised sound card size isn’t always correct. A 16GB card works better that the 32GB claimed.
Sony SRS-XB12 Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Sony’s SRS-XB12 Mini Bluetooth Speaker comes with a detachable carry strap, making it easy to transport. The dust-proofing is excellent, so it plays well even in dry and sandy conditions. It also provides up to 16 hours of playback time. It measures 3.4 x 3.4 x 4.2 inches and weighs eight ounces. More than one speaker can be connected at a time, but they must be compatible speakers.
Bass and treble sound clarity is remarkably good for such a small unit. The long-lasting battery is one of the main reasons we chose it as a best Bluetooth speaker for travel.
What We Love
- Looks and feels like a nice product.
- It pairs quickly.
- The connection is reliable without dropping.
- The added bass makes for good sound and that’s unusual in a small speaker.
- Portability and durability are big pluses for travel outdoors.
- The volume’s good for indoors, albeit not quite the same for noisy places like the beach.
- The carrystrap’s rather large and a bit cumbersome.
- Customer support seems a bit slack with non-english speakers responding and misunderstanding queries.
Bose SoundLink Micro, Portable Outdoor Speaker
Bose SoundLink Micro, is a portable outdoor speaker that comes in a bright orange color. However, other colors are available as well. The built-in mic allows for speakerphone conference calls. The unit puts out a range of about 30 feet. The product is waterproofed, and durable. More than one speaker can be connected for stereo sound.
The unit weighs 10.2 ounces and measures 1.4 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches. Via the speaker, users may access their Siri or Google assistant. The speakers come with up to six hours of playback time.
What We Love
- You won’t destroy this if you accidentally dunk it in water.
- The built-in mounting band makes it easy to transport.
- The volume is good.
- Clear and balanced sound does not distort.
- Water-resistant and dustproof, it’s durable and portable.
- At a lower volume, you’ll get more than the six hours promised playback time.
- You can connect via Bluetooth only if you download the app, which requires credit card details.
- There seems to be no way to disable the rather irritating voice prompts.
- Firmware updates are very slow even on fast connections.