The best international travel adapters need serious consideration if you travel overseas. Plus, you don’t need to be a freelancer or a consultant to need them. These days, how can anyone get by without charging and running their various electronic devices?
Most countries obviously sell their own charges and plugs, but that’s no guarantee they’ll fit your devices. And, if you take your own, they might not work in the country you visit. So, what to do? Well, the obvious decision should be acquiring one before you leave. These days, adapters are available that work in up to 150 countries worldwide.
Not all of them work worldwide, and some come for specific regions like Italy. But, if you travel frequently, the adapters should come with as many regions as possible. Imagine taking a trip to experience the best of Australia but your adapter only works in Rome? So, it’s definitely worth checking out the best internal travel adapter. This list of the best 13 should help you decide on the best choice for you.
Foval International Travel Adapter
The Foval International Travel Adapter comes with an EU power cable. It incorporates four international adapters for the UK, EU, Australia, etc. The step down converts most American electronic devices. This means the 110/120V adaptors can be used devices in places like Europe and around 150 other countries.
Importantly, it comes with power-surge protection, short-circuiting, and over-heating. That means you can trust it to keep your own devices safe. The product comes at 4.8 x 3.1x 1.5 inches and a decent length of power cable. As it’s detachable, it makes for convenience when packing for your trip.
What we love
- It comes with a travel bag, making it ideal for frequent flyers.
- The product brings bings both the adapter and power converter needed in Europe in one package.
- With four USB ports and two US 110v sockets, it covers most devices that need charging.
- The unit runs with a fan, making it cool but the sound isn’t too intrusive if you don’t mind white noise.
- You can charge up more than one device at the same time.
- The product looks nice but the plug holes tend to wear and thus fall out.
- The product emits a smoky smell and feels hot.
- Sometimes it shorts out and does not work on all devices as advertised.
- The cable is not grounded and could be considered a fire risk.
Travel Smart by Conair All-in-One Adapter and Converter Combo Unit
The Travel Smart by Conair All-in-One Adapter and Converter Combo Unit comes as one single item and is white in color. It converts 220/240V to 110/120V and comes with a built-in surge protector. It can be used for devices and appliances up to 1875 Watts.
The product can be used as just an adapter or as a converter/adapter combined. It weighs eight ounces and the dimension are 3.2 x 5.6 x 7.5 inches. It comes with a small plastic pullout for use with three-prongs in the UK. The product works in Japan and Korea, the UK and many other countries, but not in Israel.
What we love
- It’s a single product that saves on multiple packing requirements. That’s why it’s on our list of the best international travel adapters.
- It works well on small electronics like laptops and PCs.
- As there are no loose pieces, you won’t lose the bits and pieces needed.
- Instructions are simple and easy to follow.
- Unusually, it seems to work fine in Italy where some people have problems with chargers that actually don’t work there.
- Robust, it won’t crack or break easily.
- Although it supposedly works in Israel, it doesn’t.
- It hangs on the wall a bit precariously as if it might fall out the plug.
- It does not work well for things like curling irons and might fry bigger appliances.
Castries European Adapter,2300W high Power Travel Adapter
The Castries European Adapter 2300W high Power Travel Adapter provides four USB charging ports. Suitable for use in 170 countries, it’s gray-white in color. Designed to take bigger appliances like hair curling tongs, the maximum it can charge is 240V-10A/2300W.
It has safety features so you cannot insert a single object in. Only two prongs work so the risk level to small kids is lower. Another safety feature is the 250V 10A, size 3.6 * 1.0mm fuse. The product weighs 5.8 ounces.
What we love
- The product comes with a spare fuse.
- It powers/charges multiple appliances at the same time.
- The surge protector is a great feature.
- It brings four plug types of different shapes and plenty of USB ports.
- Not too heavy and quite compact, it’s ideal for travel.
- It’s very easy to switch modes for the country you might visit.
- The USB ports sometimes start but then inexplicably stop charging phones.
- The UK plugs don’t seem to anchor properly and sometimes fall out.
- Some people report it damages curling irons, which it is advertised to support.
Bestek International Travel Adapter 3000W universal
The BESTEK International Travel Adapter 3000W Universal Travel Adapter allows for charging hair dryers, curling irons, and smaller electronic appliances. It can take wall plugs for many countries including the USA and Asian countries. Plus, it works for the EU, Australia and the UK.
The product is white and compact at 4.2 x 5.1 inches. It comes with five charging ports. In the package, you will find one PD power adapter and five International plugs. Usefully, it comes in a travel pouch. Notably, it is an adapter rather than a converter.
What we love
- It charges at a good speed.
- More than one appliance can be charged at the same time.
- It comes with overheating protection and fuses.
- The slide-in plug adapter functionality works well with Apple products.
- It is well-built and sturdy and not likely to break.
- The product really works with bigger appliances like hair dryers.
- Advertised for hair curlers, it sometimes fails to support them.
- Sometimes the plugs don’t fit tight and become loose.
- It isn’t an all-in-one unit so when traveling you need to make sure you don’t lose any bits and pieces.
International Power Adapter, HAOZI
International Power Adapter, HAOZI is an all-in-one travel adapter. It works as a power adapter wall unit in the UK, EU, and Asia. It covers around 150 different countries. The color’s blue and black but you can opt for other colors. It has easy-slide switches for the country you visit.
This adapter comes in at a mid-range price and weighs 5.6 ounces. Not designed for heavy appliances, the user should be aware the product is not designed as a power converter. So, it won’t step down from 220 to 110V. It comes with a power range of 100-240Vac (660W max. at 110V, 1380W max. at 230V).
What we love
- The product works in Israel, Jordan, and Egypt as well as European countries.
- It charges multiple devices at the same time.
- Smaller than the predecessor products, it packs away easily when traveling.
- You don’t need multiple bits and pieces as the adaptor takes a range of plugs.
- Four USB ports mean you can get all your things charged at once which saves time.
- The dustcovers and non-sticky surfaces prevent dust from building up.
- The unlock button to retract prongs sometimes jams.
- The USB ports are very tight, requiring forcible removal sometimes.
- The product won’t support things like hairdryers and curling tongs.
- It won’t work in Southern Africa.
The Maxracy Universal International Travel Power Adapter
The Maxracy Universal International Travel Power Adapter has a fast speed capability for 2.4A. The adapter works for European countries and has AC plugs that work in the EU, UK, USA, Australia and Asian countries.
Colored green, it weighs in at 4.2 ounces and is on the small size at 2.8 x 2 x 2.4 inches. Usefully, it has an inbuilt facility to detect the charging devices and output the correct current. Sturdy, it is has a polycarbonate shell. Plus, a safety feature is thermal protection. Easy to use, it can allow for five devices to be used at the same time.
What we love
- The green light that shines when it’s working means you don’t need to keep checking it.
- We like the built-in USB port.
- It has no problems when charging cellphones, laptops, and cameras.
- More than one USB port is great for charging all devices at once.
- It works in unusual countries like Somalia and Nigeria.
- It’s lightweight, very easy to use, and compact for packing in your bag.
- This is not a converter and won’t step down power.
- Don’t try and use it with flat irons, as it tends to blow the fuse.
- There are reports that on occasion the Euro adapter piece snapped.
Odoga Voltage Converter 220V to 110V Travel Adapter
The Odoga Voltage Converter 220V to 110V Travel Adapter comes with four USB ports and three AC outlets. The unit can take plugs in about 150 countries. The product Converts 220V electricity to 110V. Not intended for heavy appliances like hair straighteners and hair dryers, it works well for smaller appliances.
It comes at 6.3 x 3.1 x 1.5 inches in size and weighs 1.31 pounds. You can charge three devices at the same time. It has safety features to guard against short circuits, overheating, low voltage, etc. The inbuilt fan helps to keep the unit cool. That put it on our list of the best international travel adapters.
Things we love
- The product can charge up to three devices at once.
- The four USB ports allow for flexibility.
- The case it comes with keeps everything together in one place in your suitcase.
- Well, balanced, the lighter USB ports sit on the sides and the outlet plugs on top which is useful.
- The three different type plug adapters make it useful for multiple countries.
- Because of the extended cord, it’s more like a compact power strip.
- The fan is noisy and sometimes gives off a hot smell.
- The adapter plugs won’t work in Switzerland or Italy.
- Some people report it shorted out with a scary bang.
FLIGHT 001 5-In-1 Adapter
The FLIGHT 001 5-In-1 Adapter is best used with products in the 100-125 or 220-250 volts range. The packages dimensions are 3.6 x 2.5 x 2.1 inches and it weighs 7.2 ounces. It is not an actual power source but allows you to use your devices in other countries.
The compact and simple design makes it very easy to use. It breaks apart into four different parts and the cube comes with two USB ports. It can be used with cameras, laptops, and phones.
What we love
- The different adapters are color-coded, making it attractive and simple to use. That puts it on our list of the best international travel adapters.
- It works in many countries that carry plugs for the EU, Australia, the USA, and the UK.
- It works well in diverse places like London, Paris, Hong Kong, and mainland China.
- Overall, it’s compact, colorful, convenient, and very easy to use.
- This product won’t work in South Africa.
- Some metal prongs breaking off were reported.
Pac2Go Universal Travel Adapter with Quad USB Charger
The Pac2Go Universal Travel Adapter with Quad USB Charger is an all-in-one product featuring surge protection. It comes with fast-charging USB ports and an international socket. The unit works in loads of countries (more than 190).
It works on most standard 2 and 3 prong plugs. The quad 3.5 Amp USB ports mean you can charge multiple devices at the same time. At 2.5-inches, this little cube packs a lot of diversity. An 8-hole universal input socket covers almost all your needs.
What we love
- Yes, this can handle a blow dryer.
- The extra fuse is very handy.
- Customer service is reportedly excellent. That’s an important reason for putting it on our list of the best international travel adapters.
- It comes in a very convenient travel case.
- It’s extremely reasonably priced.
- Simultaneous charging of more than one device is a big time-saver.
- In New Zealand and Australia, it doesn’t fit flush to wall plugs so you might need to get another strip.
- Sometimes it makes an annoying high-pitched sound.
- USB plugs seem to wear, resulting in the plugs falling out.
Bonazza All in ONE World Travel Plug Power Adapter
The Bonazza All In ONE World Travel Plug Power Adapter doubles as a power converter. People love it as you can use items like hairdryers. Compatible with laptops, and iOS devices, it’s ideal for travelers from the USA. It only accepts US standard plugs.
Weighing in at only 7,2 ounces and with dimensions of 2.3 x.2.5 x 2.8 inches, it’s easily portable. You may even use it to run steam irons and kettles. Safe, it comes with surge protection and overload cut-out. The safety features put it on our list of the best international travel adapters. The adapter works in over 150 countries.
What we love
- As a step-down converter, which works on things like blow dryers and flat irons this product is excellent. But make sure to check the high wattage guidelines first.
- It comes with a handy carrying case.
- it’s all in one so you can’t lose any vital pieces.
- The product works as an adapter and as a converter, which incorporates a switch.
- It’s sturdy and the prongs pop out without Jamming.
- The unit is simple and easy to use.
- The plug struggles to fit snugly in some European outlets.
- It might damage expensive items like hair dryers so rather travel with cheaper accessories. If they don’t work, or fry, you don’t lose out too much.
- The unit struggles sitting flush with Australian outlets.
BESTEK Universal Travel Adapter 220V to 110V Voltage Converter
The Bestek Travel Adapter Converter (220V to 110V ) brings an excellent combination of being an adapter and a power converter. This product works in over 150 countries. It contains three adapters and reduces power. In-built safety prevents overheating, putting it on the list of the best international travel adapters.
This device charges up to seven devices simultaneously. With dimensions of 6 x 3 x 1.57 inches, it’s compact and it also comes with a decent-sized power-cable. The good quality product is affordable. It comes with a 24-month warranty. Plus, it contains four USB charging ports.
What we love
- It doesn’t make a noise and stays cool.
- Well-built and sturdy it stands up to being carted around from hotel to hotel, which is one reason why it’s on our list of the best international travel adapters.
- It works as described with charging battery packs, cameras, phones, etc.
- With so many USB outlets and plugs, it makes a handy item for families who travel together.
- It’s useful in Europe where many old hotels don’t have many plug outlets.
- It’s simple to use.
- It’s not totally silent and can disturb light sleepers.
- The product does not work with curling irons and blow dryers.
- It’s a bit big to fit snugly in very small travel bags
Newvanger Universal Travel Adapter
The Newvanger Universal Travel Adapter works for charging devices in over 150 countries. The single adapter allows up to five plug units. It can charge tablets, MP3 players, Android and iOS devices, plus cameras and more.
It supports 100-240 input. Weighing in at just 4 ounces, this puts it on the list of the best international travel adapters. It’s ideal for packing into a corner of your case or backpack. The safety covers prevent accidentally touching any live parts of the unit.
What we love
- The built-in fuse protects and cuts off power if it exceeds a current of 6.3A.
- Well balanced, it won’t fall out of verticle sockets.
- The fast-charging USB port performs well.
- The prongs all tuck away so it doesn’t poke holes in your bags or purse.
- The outlet adaptors slide in and put without hitching up.
- Small and functional, it’s easy to carry with you if moving around at conferences
- This does not work in countries like Australia and New Zealand.
- It works well in Italy but seems not compatible with all French plug outlets.
- It doesn’t always plug snugly in the outlet.
Syncwire 34W 4-Port USB Wall Charger
The Syncwire 34W 4-Port USB Wall Charger comes with four ports for charging. The 2.4A charging ports give fast charging for devices like iPads, etc. It is compact and has 100V-240V input. The US plug is foldable and it comes with UK and EU interchangeable adapters. Lightweight, it weighs in at 6. 7 oz.
It is compatible with many products including iPhone XS Max, XR, x, 8, 8 Plus, etc. Product support is offered within 24-hours of reporting any issues, one of the top reasons why we put it on the list of best international travel adapters. Overheating protection keeps the unit cool.
What we love
- The blue indicator light lets you know when it’s on and working.
- Robust, it’s not likely to fall apart after short usage time.
- It can charge multiple things like battery packs, wireless headphones, etc all at once.
- This product doesn’t heat up during or after charging, an important safety feature.
- The warranty service is excellent.
- It seems to work well in very hot countries and doesn’t make any weird electrical noises.
- The folding plug can cause some shorting if it’s not sitting securely.
- The fast charging is not all that fast.
- This charger sometimes slips and falls out of the wall socket.