When it comes down to choosing a bag, ladies generally take a lot into consideration. Of utmost importance is the general look of the bag. Quite obviously, it should look good and have adequate storage capacity. A bag that is poor on storage doesn’t work too well with someone who likes to carry a lot. Given these parameters, the best tennis bags for ladies are designed to not only look good but also have excellent storage space, right down to organizational compartments.
The best tennis bags for women you choose will depend on the level you play at and how often you go to the tennis court. However, leaving the look of the bag aside, the high-quality ones are also big on comfort. Because some racquets are quite heavy, most women’s bags are lightweight and comfortable to carry around. Padded straps and flexible carrying options add to the comfort.
You know the importance of having a high-quality tennis bag. Not only does it protect your tennis gear from damage, but it also serves as a fashion accessory on the court. For ladies, finding the perfect tennis bag can be daunting, as so many options are available. That’s why we’ve researched for you and compiled a list of the best on the market. From stylish to functional, our selection includes something for every taste and need. So, whether you’re a beginner or a pro, check out our list to find the best tennis bags to suit your style and game.
Table of contents
- Cinda B. Tennis Tote
- Glove It Tennis Backpack
- Wilson Advantage Tennis Bag Series
- Athletico 3 Racquet Tennis Bag
- Glove It Women’s Tennis Tote Bag
- Ame & Lulu Hamptons Tennis Tour Bag
- Adidas Unisex Tour Tennis Racquet Bag
- CHICECO Tennis Tote Bag
- Wilson Women’s Fold-Over Backpack
- LISH Game Point Tennis Backpack
- Maggie Mather Tennis Tote
- Wilson Federer DNA 12 Racquet Bag
- Athletico Compact City Tennis Backpack
- Our Verdict!
- How to Choose Tennis Bags For Ladies
- Are tennis bags necessary?
- Why do tennis players carry their own bags?
- Why are tennis bags mostly expensive?
Cinda B. Tennis Tote
The stylish, quilted design makes the Cinda B. Tennis Tote one of the best tennis bags for those looking for a lightweight bag. Besides its good-looking features, the bag is highly durable and functional.
The main zipper compartment is spacious enough for accessories. You can fit up to two standard-sized racquets in the exterior zipper compartment. There are two handy pockets on the sides, in which you can store your water bottle and tennis balls.
Space is not the only attractive feature of this bag. It’s a chic-looking bag that is a definite head-turner. What’s great is that you have a few colors to choose from. The nylon/poly fabric is also water-resistant, stain-resistant, and can be easily washed in the machine. You also have flexible carrying options with a set of smaller handles to carry on your arm, or a removable, adjustable shoulder strap that allows you to wear it as a cross-body bag.
- The bag is both stylish and functional.
- It’s made of durable, water-resistant, and stain-resistant fabric.
- You have flexible carrying options.
- The bag is quite expensive for its class.
Glove It Tennis Backpack
Best value for money. One of the best tennis bags for ladies who play the sport for leisure is the vibrant Glove It Tennis Backpack. You’re sure to grab attention with this sleek-looking tennis backpack that is available in various vivid prints. You can check all of the variants on its official website.
Although the bag is big enough for two racquets, you won’t be able to fit much else into it. You can fit tennis balls or a small water bottle into the side pockets, while a zippered organizer pocket is great for your accessories. There’s also a hidden back zipper pocket for storing valuables or smaller items.
The bag has a flexible strap that can be worn as a sling or unzipped to be used as a backpack, plus a quick grab handle at the side and a hidden top hook. You can be sure that no one will mistake your bag for theirs with your name tag in the designated compartment.
- The bag is available in over 25 prints and styles.
- You can easily adjust the strap.
- It can be worn as a sling or a backpack.
- The bag comes with a side grab handle.
- It won’t suit players who prefer to carry more to the court.
Wilson Advantage Tennis Bag Series
If you’re tossing about with the style of the tennis bag you want, it would be a good idea to check out the Wilson Advantage Tennis Bag Series. This is one of Wilson’s most popular tennis bags as it’s not only affordable, priced below $20 but also has a variety of styles to choose from.
Depending on the style that you prefer, you can choose between a backpack for two racquets or a regular racquet bag. The regular racquet bags can accommodate between three to six racquets depending on the style that you choose.
The 3 Racquet Hold bag is mid-sized and easy to carry around with a wide shoulder strap and thick comfortable shoulder pad. It’s one of the best for those who want a more professional-looking bag. The padded grab handle also provides extra flexibility. You can fit a lot into the bag with the primary compartment that can hold three adult racquets and other accessories. A deep secondary compartment in the front is also suitable for other essentials. For more information about the specs, check out Wilson’s official website.
- The bag comes in a variety of styles and colors.
- It’s competitively priced.
- It boasts a deep secondary pocket in front to store personal items.
- You can’t fit three large racquets into the bag.
Athletico 3 Racquet Tennis Bag
Good for both professionals and beginners, the Athletico 3 Racquet Tennis Bag is one of the best tennis bags for those who like to carry a little more to the court. This lightweight bag is great for storing up to three racquets, so it’s a good option for women who play in tournaments.
Racquets are well protected within the padded compartment. There’s also a large exterior pocket and a smaller felt-lined pocket. Carrying the bag is convenient with the option of a padded shoulder strap and tote handle. The bag is crafted from 600 denier polyester fabric, so it’s designed to last. However, the company offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you face any issues.
- It has a minimalist design with a nylon liner.
- The zip closure adds extra security.
- There are two water bottle pockets.
- It may get dirty pretty quickly.
Glove It Women’s Tennis Tote Bag
This tennis tote bag from Glove It is sure to add a dash of color and fun with the wide variety of designs and colors to choose from. You’re sure to turn heads with the snazzy designs on this one. The Glove It Tennis Tote is vertically longer which makes it more functional.
Unlike other tennis tote bags, this one does not have a dedicated compartment for racquets. Racquets are stored in the main compartment which can hold from one to two racquets and some of your gear. It also has a small internal zippered pocket for smaller extras like keys.
Multiple small pockets on the outside are great for accessories. Three open slip pockets on the front and a zipper pocket on the back will keep your valuables and smaller accessories safe. Two side slip pockets are convenient for a water bottle and a can of tennis balls.
- There’s a wide range of colors and styles to choose from.
- You can easily adjust the handles.
- There are multiple pockets for accessories.
- The bag doesn’t feature a dedicated compartment for racquets.
Ame & Lulu Hamptons Tennis Tour Bag
Simplest. Another great tennis bag for ladies that has a minimalist design is the Ame & Lulu Hamptons Tennis Tour Bag. This bag is more suited to a recreational player who doesn’t carry too much in her tennis bag. The versatility of this bag stands out for us as it’s stylish and comfortable enough to be used off the court as well. This is one of the best tennis bags that offers a winning combination of form and function, with a range of features that make it perfect for players of all levels.
Whether walking to the court or taking public transport, the adjustable strap ensures your bag stays securely on your shoulder. Another great feature is its exterior pocket, designed to fit two tennis racquets. This means you don’t have to worry about carrying your racquets separately, making it a more convenient option for players on the go. That’s why many players say this is the best tennis bag for women. And if you want to learn more about this product, you can check Ame & Lulu’s official website.
- It has a minimalist design with a nylon liner.
- The zip closure adds extra security.
- There are two water bottle pockets.
- It may get dirty pretty quickly.
Adidas Unisex Tour Tennis Racquet Bag
Most unique. Women who travel between tournaments prefer to carry bags with a large carrying capacity so that they can fit everything into one bag. The unisex Addidas Tour Tennis 12 Racquet Bag addresses this need as it has more than enough space for all your essentials and more. It’s ideal for someone who likes to bring a lot to the court.
With a large amount of storage space and a trendy design, this is one of the best tennis bags for those looking for a good functional bag. Shoes and clothes can be comfortably organized into the spacious ventilated pocket at the top, while the other pockets will hold a variety of racquets. Though this bag is designed to hold 12 racquets, you can carry just the number you need and use the extra space for other things.
What makes this a good tennis bag for women is its innovative design which provides the comfort of carrying it like a backpack. So even if it is a little heavy, the padded shoulder straps will make it easier to carry. Grab handles at the end, and the center also makes it easy to lift out of a car. Constructed from 100% polyester fabric, the bag is lightweight and easy to wipe clean. Check out the full review by Tennis Express on Youtube.
- Huge storage space for all your essentials.
- There’s a ventilated pocket.
- This bag can hold up to 12 racquets.
- The zippers aren’t that smooth.
CHICECO Tennis Tote Bag
Biggest capacity. If you dislike labels and tags on your accessories, you’ll love the CHICECO Tennis Tote Bag. This simple but stylish bag has plenty of storage space with a big internal pocket and four exterior pockets. With its extra-large capacity, this bag can easily accommodate racquets with a head size between 80 and 115 sq. inches, which makes it suitable for players of all skill levels.
Another great feature of the CHICECO Tennis Tote Bag is its snap buttons on both sides, which can be opened to expand the capacity and create a new style tennis tote bag. This thoughtful addition makes the bag even more versatile, allowing you to carry more gear without sacrificing style or comfort. It’s also made of durable and high-quality nylon, ensuring it can stand up to the rigors of regular use. You can be confident that your gear will be protected and secure at all times, no matter how rough the conditions on the court may be.
- The bag is made of durable, high-quality nylon.
- It offers extra-large capacity with wet and dry pockets.
- There’s room for a laptop.
- Not everybody will like the floppy design.
Wilson Women’s Fold-Over Backpack
The Wilson Women’s Tennis Bag collection is one of the best tennis bags for those who prefer a minimal design. Although these bags are free of patterns and unnecessary extras, you’ll find a plethora of handy features. The sharp, frosted matte look gives these bags a professional, sleek look.
You’ll find plenty of storage space on the Wilson Women’s Foldover Backpack with multiple pockets for various items. The main compartment is large with several pockets, including a zip pocket where you can store important valuables, three slip pockets, and a laptop sleeve. A Thermoguard side zipper pocket helps keep water bottles cool. There’s also a large, ventilated pocket in the front for dirty clothes.
The zippered pocket at the back can accommodate a maximum of two racquets. Adjustable backpack straps and a top carrying webbing handle make this bag comfortable to carry around.
- The bag is big in storage space with multiple pockets.
- There’s a large ventilated pocket for dirty clothes.
- It features a Thermoguard side zipper pocket.
- You will love the stylish design.
- The exterior faux leather material doesn’t appear very durable.
LISH Game Point Tennis Backpack
Most compartments and pockets. The LISH Game Point Tennis Backpack is one of the best tennis bags that boasts an array of features that make it ideal for players of all levels. The zip closure ensures that everything stays secure while you’re on the move so that you can focus on your game. The bottom of the bag features a separate shoe compartment for players who prefer to change their shoes before and after a match.
The bag has plenty of storage with a front zippered pocket for small items and a spacious main compartment for extras. A dedicated racquet compartment on the front can hold up to two racquets, whilst the elastic side pocket is big enough for a water bottle.
- It comes with a side mesh for a water bottle.
- The front zip pocket features a key holder.
- There’s a dedicated shoe compartment.
- The zipper is not that durable.
Maggie Mather Tennis Tote
For women who prefer carrying a tote, the Maggie Mather Tennis Tote is an excellent option. It’s a tad different from regular totes as it has a more vertical design which means that your tennis gear can be better organized. The design, functionality, and choice of colors put this bag at the top of the list of best tennis bags.
This bag may look small, but it packs in quite a few things. The main compartment with an inside zippered pocket is large enough to store all the essentials you’ll need on the court. Two open slip pockets on the exterior are great for accessories, while the main racquet compartment above these pockets can hold two tennis racquets. You’ll also find a smaller zip pocket on the back for valuables, plus two side pockets for a water bottle or extra tennis balls. The bag is crafted from heavy-duty water-repellent fabric, so you can be sure of its durability. It also has wide adjustable straps.
- It’s crafted from heavy-duty water-repellent fabric.
- The bag comes with a large main pocket.
- There are two side pockets.
- You have various colors to choose from.
- It’s difficult to organize things in the deep main pocket.
Wilson Federer DNA 12 Racquet Bag
Women who play big will also look out for a bigger bag to take along for tournaments. The stylish-looking Wilson Federer DNA 12 Racquet Bag is big, but it’s one of the best tennis bags for players who travel for tournaments. This bag is in line with the Wilson Federer DNA series, with its slick modern design and durable composition.
This special edition bag, emblazoned with Federer’s signature, looks chic with the white and gold design. It’s undoubtedly one of the best-looking tennis bags. The golden lining and golden zippers also give a snazzy finish to the bag. Thermoguard-lined racquet compartments protect your equipment against extreme humidity. You’ll also find a large exterior pocket for extra storage and a small accessory pocket for valuables. With this one, you have flexible carrying options as the bag has grab handles and adjustable straps that allow you to carry it on your back.
- It’s a good-looking tennis bag.
- The bag features Thermoguard-protected racquet compartments.
- There’s plenty of storage space.
- The straps make it more comfortable to carry around.
- There’s no dedicated shoe compartment.
Athletico Compact City Tennis Backpack
Best Overall. The Athletico Compact City Tennis Backpack combines style with efficiency. This bag can hold two racquets, shoes, an extra pair of clothes, balls, water bottles, and other necessary items. It is designed from a rip-resistant fabric and also has an anti-slip zipper to keep your racquets in place. A small felt-lined pocket on the front is ideal for valuables, while two mesh pockets on the side are convenient for water bottles or a can of tennis balls.
Adjustable shoulder straps and a padded back add to the comfort of carrying this bag. It even has a built-in fence hook so you can hang your bag off the floor. This hook can be tucked away when not in use. Like all bags from Athletico, this one also comes with a guaranteed money-back policy.
- The bag features a front access padded racquet compartment with an anti-slip zipper.
- It comes with a fence hook that tucks away when used.
- There are two large water bottle pockets.
- You can easily adjust the straps.
- It’s made of rip-resistant pro-grade sports fabric.
- It’s not a comfortable fit for two racquets.
The are many great options for the best tennis bags on the market. However, the Athletico Compact City Tennis Backpack Tour Bag stands out as the best of the bunch. Its front access padded racquet compartment with an anti-slip zipper and two large water bottle pockets offer both style and functionality. However, there are also some best options based on other categories.
- Biggest Capacity: CHICECO Tennis Tote Bag
- Simplest: Ame & Lulu Hamptons Tennis Tour Bag
- Most Unique: Adidas Unisex Tour Tennis Racquet Bag
- Most compartments and pockets: LISH Ace Tennis Racquet Backpack
How to Choose Tennis Bags For Ladies
While the style and color of the bag you choose is purely a personal choice, there are other standard features that you need to keep in mind when choosing a bag for ladies.
Type And Portability
Adult tennis bags for men and ladies come in four main styles, with the best brands offering you a wide variety of choices. Women players tend to choose bags that suit their level of play and personal style. Also, bags that are easy to carry around should be right up on your list.
- Racquet bag – Racquet bags are long bags that are designed to comfortably accommodate multiple racquets from two to 15. They’re quite big and are generally preferred by professional players who need more gear. If you’re a recreational player, these bags may be a bit too much.
- Backpack – While tennis backpacks are more popular with recreational players, many professionals also prefer the comfort that a smaller bag offers. Tennis backpacks are good because they tend to have a ventilated shoe compartment and multiple pockets for essentials. They can generally accommodate two racquets and are easy to carry around.
- Tote – Tennis totes are quite popular with women players because of the style factor. While most bags do offer a fair amount of storage, totes are more compact and can even double up as a regular office bag.
- Duffle – These bags hold a lot of gear and are more popular with players who travel a lot. While the best duffel bags are great for travel, they don’t generally have a dedicated racquet compartment. Some do have a separate shoe compartment though.
Size And Storage
Regular racquet bags are big on storage as they can accommodate multiple racquets and also have additional pockets for accessories and other essentials. Professional players prefer these bigger bags as they can fit all their essentials into one bag. Though most professionals carry a maximum of six racquets to the court, they utilize the extra space for other accessories and essentials.
Recreational players, on the other hand, won’t require too much gear, so a backpack or tote with multiple pockets will be ideal. Backpacks with dedicated shoe compartments are a good option if you play regularly.
Women are generally more careful with their belongings, so any good quality bag that you choose will probably last a couple of seasons. However, no matter how careful you are, your bag may have to sit out in the sun for the duration of play or be exposed to other rough surfaces when you travel. For these reasons, you’ll want to be sure that your bag is durable.
No matter what type of bag you choose, comfort is of utmost importance. Don’t choose a bag that doesn’t sit comfortably on your frame, or you could end up straining a muscle. Look for adjustable padded straps. If you’re going in for a backpack, make sure the bag has ample padding for your back.
Are tennis bags necessary?
Tennis bags offer several benefits to players, such as keeping their gear organized, protecting their rackets and other equipment from damage, and making it easier to carry their items to and from the court. Especially if you bought an expensive racket, you want to protect it more. For casual players, a basic tennis bag may be sufficient. While competitive players may need a more specialized bag to meet their needs. Overall, tennis bags can be a worthwhile investment for tennis players who want to protect and organize their gear.
Why do tennis players carry their own bags?
Tennis players carry their own bags for several reasons, including convenience, practicality, and personal preference. Carrying a tennis bag allows players to easily transport their rackets, balls, towels, and other equipment to and from the court. It ensures they have everything they need for a successful match. Additionally, many tennis players have specific preferences regarding their equipment, such as the type of rackets, strings, or grips they use. Carrying their own bags allows them to keep their gear organized and readily accessible, so they can quickly and easily switch out equipment as needed during a match.
Why are tennis bags mostly expensive?
Tennis bags can be expensive due to several factors, including the materials used, design, and brand reputation. High-quality materials can drive up the cost of a tennis bag. Bags made from high-end materials such as leather or premium nylon are more expensive to produce. The design and features of a tennis bag can impact its price. More complex designs, additional pockets, and features such as insulated compartments for food or drink storage can increase the production cost. And brand reputation can also play a role in the price of a tennis bag.