Tennis bags for men come in different shapes and sizes. There’s a tennis bag to suit all your needs, whether you’re playing the sport professionally or for leisure. While there are certain factors to bear in mind when choosing a good tennis bag, the style of the bag is purely a personal choice.
If you’re someone who prefers slinging a bag over your shoulder, then that’s the style you’ll probably look out for. However, for someone who prefers the convenience of a good backpack, there are plenty of great tennis backpacks to choose from. A backpack, however, may not be the ideal choice for someone who competes a lot. Getting all your essentials to fit into a tennis backpack may be a tight squeeze. On the other hand, recreational players will probably not need a large racquet bag.
With all the options available it’s definitely not easy zeroing in on a bag that will suit your taste and needs. We’ve picked out what we think are the best tennis bags for men to help narrow down your choices. Our list of the best tennis bags for men includes regular tennis bags and tennis backpacks.
Features To Look Out For In Tennis Bags For Men
Like we mentioned earlier when choosing a tennis bag, there are a few key features that you need to consider before putting your money down on the bag you like.
Type and Portability
There are four main types of tennis bags suited to all levels of players. Depending on your level of comfort and needs, you can pick the style that suits you best.
- Racquet bag – These are most commonly used by competitive players as they hold anything from three to 15 racquets. While most players generally carry a maximum of six racquets, they use the extra storage space for their other gear. These bags are usually heavy and not easy to carry around.
- Backpack – Tennis backpacks are generally designed for two racquets and also have a dedicated shoe compartment at the bottom. They’re more popular with recreational players and teens who don’t need to carry too much with them.
- Duffle – These bags are great for competitive players who travel a lot as they have great storage space. However, they may not all be large enough for tennis racquets and are sometimes paired with another tennis bag. The downside to a duffle is that you cannot lug it around as you would with a racquet bag.
- Tote – A tennis tote bag is a convenient option for someone who doesn’t like to carry much to the court. These bags are preferred by some players as they’re a great alternative to a tennis backpack; small, functional, and easy to sling over the shoulder.
Size and Storage
Regular tennis bags are designed to fit a number of racquets, ranging from two and going up to 15. The more racquets that can be accommodated, the bigger the bag will be. While most competitive players will look out for bags with higher storage capacity, someone playing for leisure will need a smaller bag.
Apart from the racquet storage capacity, you’ll want a bag that will also fit your extra gear. Bags that have dedicated compartments for shoes and other accessories should be your preferred choice. But if you already have shoe bags for travel, this won’t be necessary.
As with anything that you decide to buy, you’ll want to make sure that your bag goes the distance and does not need to be changed within a few weeks.
The material of the bag is the first thing that you need to consider. Durable fabrics such as higher grade polyester, tarpaulin, or waterproof material will definitely give you your money’s worth. In addition to the fabric, you’ll also need to make sure the zippers are heavy duty and not made from some cheap material that will break easily. They should also move freely and not get stuck.
Your tennis bag is going to hold a lot of gear so you’ll want something that is comfortable to carry around. Look for padded straps; whether it’s on a backpack or single shoulder strap. Also, make sure that the bag you choose is the right size. An over-sized bag is not only uncomfortable but likely to trip you up.
Babolat Pure Series Quality Tennis Backpack
Some of the best tennis bags for men who play for leisure are backpacks such as the Babolat Pure Series Quality Tennis Backpack. A tennis backpack has enough storage space and is a lot easier to carry around if you’re commuting to a tennis court.
This backpack from Babolat has ample storage space for all the essentials that you will need on the court. The big main compartment can comfortably accommodate two racquets, giving you the convenience of having an extra racquet when playing. There’s also enough space for your shoes and other gear, such as your travel umbrella. For extra storage, you’ll also find exterior pockets. The padded straps make it easy to carry this bag around with all your gear in it.
- Ventilated pocket for shoes or dirty clothes at the bottom of the bag
- Two accessory pockets on the side
- Plush padded straps
- Choice of colors
- The zipper is not very good quality
K-Cliffs Tennis Racquet Bag
If you’re looking for tennis bags for men with a large carry space, K-Cliffs Tennis Racquet Bag is a pretty good option. Featuring dedicated compartments for all your tennis gear, this bag is not only big on storage space but also helps you organize your stuff better.
You’ll find three zippered front pockets, a large front organizer, and two main pockets that can hold three tennis racquets. There are also two elastic pockets for bottles on the front of the bag. The bag is crafted from heavy-duty ballistic nylon which means that it is highly durable.
- Extremely spacious
- Dedicated shoe pocket and pockets for other gear
- Made from heavy-duty ballistic nylon
- Retro-cool design
- The straps are not long enough. The addition of a shoulder strap would make it perfect
Wilson Advantage Tennis Bag Series
Wilson tennis bags for men are very popular as the brand has been a trusted name in sports gear for a while now. The popularity of the Wilson Advantage Tennis Bag Series is evident with over 900 ratings on Amazon of which over 70% are five-star ratings. That’s probably because it’s one of the most affordable tennis bags for men, priced at under $20.
This slick tennis bag has a primary compartment that holds up to two adult racquets, apparel, and other gear. A deep secondary compartment on the front gives you additional storage space. What’s also great about the bag is that it has a wide shoulder strap with a thick, comfortable shoulder pad.
- The primary pocket can hold up to two racquets
- Deep secondary compartment for extra storage
- Wide shoulder strap with a thick shoulder pad
- Extremely affordable
- Although the bag is described as a three racquet holder, it just about accommodates two racquets
Nike Court Advantage Tennis Backpack
Another good tennis backpack for men playing the sport for leisure is the Nike Court Advantage Tennis Backpack. You can carry up to two tennis racquets in the padded interior as well as your other gear.
There’s also space for a water bottle and a front zipper pocket for smaller items. The affordable lightweight tennis bag is made from polyester twill, giving it a sleek, stylish look. Padded S-curved straps give the bag the extra edge of carrying comfort.
- Padded interior for up to two racquets
- Extra space for water bottle and other essentials
- Padded S-curved straps make it comfortable to carry
- Could do with a few more exterior pockets
Adidas Tour Tennis 12 Racquet Bag
With a carrying capacity of 12 racquets, the Addidas Tour Tennis 12 Racquet Bag is ideal for more serious players. This bag is affordable yet functional with a large amount of storage space.
Shoes or dirty equipment can be stored in the front pocket on the top while two insulated pockets are ideal for carrying your tennis racquets. While this bag is not a regular backpack, the backpack straps make it easy to carry around. Grab handles at the end and center make it easy to lift out of the car.
- Two lined-pockets hold six racquets each
- Padded shoulder straps
- A vented compartment in the front
- Seems a bit too large
- The material is not very durable
Yonex Pro 9
For someone looking for a mid-sized tennis racquet bag that is big on storage, Yonex Pro 9 is the way to go. This spacious bag is designed to hold up to 9 racquets and also has a number of extra pockets for your accessories. There are two main pockets for your racquets as well as an external compartment at the top of the bag for storing your shoes or sweaty clothes. Carrying this bag around is pretty simple with adjustable padded backpack straps and grab handles.
- Ample storage space
- Separate compartment for storing shoes or clothes
- Backpack straps and grab handles
- The dedicated shoe compartment is not ventilated
- The lining in the main pocket looks a little cheap
Tecnifibre Tour Endurance 15 Pack Tennis Bag
A popular choice in tennis bags for men is the Technifibre Tour Endurance 15 Pack Tennis Bag. Given the design and size of this bag, it’s more suited to serious tennis players and professionals.
There are enough pockets and storage space to accommodate all your tennis essentials when you’re traveling for long tournaments. A plus point about this tennis bag is that it has two ventilated pockets on either end for storing clothes and shoes. It also has two waterproof accessory pockets and three main compartments that can hold up to 15 racquets.
Another standout feature is the material used for crafting the bag. The 100% tarpaulin used on the exterior is waterproof and UV-resistant which keeps your racquets safe in all kinds of weather conditions. Adjustable padded shoulder straps and two carrying handles provide an all-one-solution to carrying the bag.
- All-in-one carrying solution with shoulder straps and carrying handles
- Two ventilated pockets for shoes and clothes
- Crafted from tarpaulin which makes it UV-resistant, waterproof and durable
- There’s nothing to fault on this bag except that it’s more suited to serious players
Head Tour Team 6R
For players who prefer carrying a variety of racquets, the Head Tour Team 6 Pack, Combi Tennis Bag ticks the right boxes. You can store up to six racquets in the racquet compartment that is lined with CCT+ lining. The CCT+ technology keeps your racquets safe from the elements. The second compartment is handy for storing a change of clothes and other essentials.
Apart from the main storage compartments, you’ll also find an internal mesh zippered pocket for smaller items and an external accessory compartment for your other essentials. Double, adjustable padded straps make this easy to carry over the shoulder while padded top-end handles also offer flexible carrying options.
- Racquet compartment lined with CCT+ technology to provide extra protection
- Double, adjustable padded straps
- Padded top handles
- Inside mesh pocket is a bit useless
Athletico 3 Racquet Tennis Bag
A big, affordable tennis bag that will work well with two racquets is the Athletico 3 Racquet Tennis Bag. Though the main padded pocket is designed to fit three racquets, it can be a bit of a squeeze getting three racquets to fit. There’s also a large outside pocket in which you can store a canister of tennis balls. A smaller felt-lined pocket will hold your other accessories.
A tote handle and padded shoulder strap give you the flexibility of carrying the bag in the style that suits you. Though the bag is priced very low, it does not cut corners on quality. The material used is 600D polyester fabric which is designed to last. The icing on the cake of this bag is the company’s 100% money-back guarantee.
- 100% money-back guarantee if dissatisfied
- Constructed from durable 600D polyester fabric
- Has enough storage space for three racquets and other essentials
- The bag feels a bit small for bigger racquets. Getting three racquets to fit is a tight squeeze
Head Core Tennis Backpack – 2 Racquet
Head which is Novak Djokovic’s favored brand has been producing athletic equipment for decades, especially those connected with racquet sports. It comes as no surprise then that their tennis bags for men are highly rated. The Head Core Tennis 2-Racquet Backpack is a handy bag for less serious players who don’t carry too much with them to the court.
You can carry up to two racquets in the main racquet compartment although two over-sized racquets may be too much of a squeeze. There’s also a front compartment where you can fit a racquet or any other essential and an exterior zippered accessory pocket for smaller items. Adjustable padded shoulder straps make this easy to carry around even when the backpack is packed to capacity.
- Plenty of pockets for storage
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Side pockets
- Racquet pouch in front is an asset
- The zipper doesn’t hold well if you fit big sized racquets
- The straps seem a little flimsy
Wilson Federer DNA Tennis Backpack
Roger Federer’s signature backpack is one of the more sought after Wilson tennis bags for men, especially beginners and those playing for leisure. The Wilson Federer DNA Tennis Backpack can hold up to two racquets in the dedicated compartment. Locking zippers on the main racquet compartment keep the racquets secure.
A reasonably spacious main compartment is sufficient enough for your other essentials such as a towel and a change of clothes. An interior mesh pocket also keeps items in place while the Thermoguard pocket on the side keeps water and snacks cold. You’ll also find another fleece-lined side pocket to store your phone or sunglasses.
- Sleek design
- Reasonably good storage space
- Holds up to two racquets
- Thermoguard side pocket keeps water and snacks cool
- No thermal compartment for racquets
- No dedicated shoe pocket
Wilson Super Tour 3 Tennis Bag Series
One of the best Wilson tennis bags for men is the Wilson Super Tour Tennis Bag Series. With a wide range of sizes ranging from two racquet hold to 15 racquet hold, these bags are suited to all kinds of players.
The bag with a capacity of 15 tennis racquets is made from two-toned red canvas weave polyester with TPU coating. You can be sure that your bag will go the distance with this material. Big on storage capacity, the bag has plenty of pockets for your accessories, apparel, and shoes. A removable interior divider also helps you organize your belongings better. One of the main compartments has dual air vents while the other two outer main compartments have thermo guard lining to keep your strings secure.
The convenience of having two carrying systems; adjustable backpack straps and shoulder straps add to the popularity of these bags. When traveling if you need to hide the shoulder straps, a separate compartment makes it convenient to do this.
- Wide range of sizes ranging from 2 racquet hold to 15 racquets
- Two-toned red canvas weave polyester with TPU coating
- 15 racquet holder has a removable interior divider for better organization
- Dual carrying option with shoulder straps and adjustable backpack straps
- The backpack in the series is a bit too small but the other bags are great
Babolat Pure Series Strike 12 Pack
One of the best tennis bags for men more dedicated to the sport is the versatile and highly popular Babolat Pure Series. This series has a choice of several attractive styles with a host of special features. From a vibrant looking 12 Pack Tennis Bag to a subtler grey 9 pack bag and the more recent Babolat Pure Strike 12-Pack, you’re quite spoiled for choice.
The bags in the Pure Series are big on storage space with multiple pockets. Depending on the storage size, the main compartments alternate between two to three compartments. One good thing about these bags is the isothermal protection on the main racquet compartment that protects the strings. The new Pure Strike 12-Pack however, has a new windowed compartment and a durable and light insulation fabric. In addition to this, it also has a lockable zip puller that doubles up as a soda bottle opener.
- Constructed from a new durable and light insulation fabric
- Ventilated exterior compartment
- Lockable zip puller that doubles up as a bottle opener
- Padded backpack strap and quick-grab handles
- The isothermal material seems to be of a little inferior quality