Who doesn’t know Las Vegas? Sin City is the largest and most famous city in Nevada. It’s been a popular destination for both domestic and international travelers. In recent years, it also has become a famous culinary city! With everything it brings to the table, the days of cheap hotels in Las Vegas are pretty much gone. If you want to stay on the Strip, you’ll have to pay a good amount for your room. The question is, what if you’re on a tight budget? Thankfully, there are several cheap hostels in Vegas! They allow you to have a little time out from the city’s madness, get a good night’s sleep, and refresh for the next night out. They make a fun, social, and affordable option for budget travelers. Here are the best cheap hostels in Vegas that you should keep an eye on!
Table of contents
Las Vegas Hostel
It’s easy to find expensive hotels in Las Vegas, but thanks to cheap hostels in Vegas like Las Vegas Hostel, you can finally enjoy everything Sin City has to offer. This property is like an old motel renovated to be one of the best cheap hostels in Vegas. Not only do you get an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub for your money, but there’s also a cinema room, a games room, and a communal kitchen which is great for keeping travel costs low! It truly feels like you’re staying in a Las Vegas hotel as there are loads of stuff to do here! Not to mention, this hostel is clean and well maintained. Buses and entertainment are within walking distance, and the staff at check-in and check-out are super helpful. Thanks to the laid-back, casual atmosphere, it’s a nice break from the constant acts on the strip.
Moreover, you’ll have a blast socializing here, as the common room is the ideal place to hang around. The hostel also offers dinner nights around the outdoor BBQ. You’ve got dorms and private rooms when it comes to room options. Private rooms come in Queen or King size, while dorms offer six guests. Don’t worry; all rooms are equipped with air conditioning and are cleaned daily by the housekeeping staff. Aside from that, you’ll have lockers to keep your valuables safe. Keep a bit of money in your pocket by using the big and fully equipped kitchen rather than eating out. For example, you can spend that money better elsewhere – on the Las Vegas Strip! Finally, there’s free parking on the property, ideal if you’re stopping over on a USA road trip, and the staff can even help you to sort a bike rental.
Bposhtels Las Vegas
You can’t talk about cheap hostels in Vegas without mentioning Bposhtels Las Vegas. Bposhtels blend “posh” and “hostels,” offering stylish shared accommodations and social interaction. What about the B? Well, it stands for many things, but it can B whatever you want it! Set in the vibrant Arts District, this hostel lets you be minutes away from places like The Strip, airport, famous casinos, downtown Las Vegas, and more! Even better, it’s surrounded by plenty of bars and restaurants, so you’ll never return to the hostel with an empty stomach. It gives you easy and fast options for food, shopping, and all your needs without too much travel time. And if you’re not sure where to start, feel free to ask the knowledgeable staff! They’ll be more than willing to give you some tips and recommendations!
Furthermore, this is a dorm-only property. There are mixed and female-only dormitory rooms, and upgrading to a private room isn’t possible unless paid separately. That said, each dorm is fitted with all the amenities you need for a good night’s sleep. To enhance your stay, each of them comes with linens. Moreover, the hostel’s in-room entertainment is second to none, with the television, in-room video streaming, and cable TV provided to all guests. Can’t function without a cup of coffee? Lucky for you, coffee-making facilities are also available! On top of that, each bed is fitted with a container box that you can use to keep all of your belongings! When you’re bored, you can join the hostel’s movie night, walking tour, or pub crawl. Best of all, it boasts a freaking outdoor swimming pool! For more similar options, check out the best hotel pools in Vegas!
Hostel Cat Las Vegas
Say hello to Hostel Cat Las Vegas! As you can expect from its name, there are images of cats all over this hostel. Why? No one exactly knows. However, this hostel isn’t just about kitties! As one of the best cheap hostels in Vegas, you’ll be near all the top attractions without having to break your bank. Las Vegas is a busy city, so having a peaceful space to unwind! Luckily, this hostel offers the best of both worlds. Since the Strip and the Arts District is nearby, you’ll be able to experience the party and culture of the famous city but still can come back to the hostel and chill in the cute outdoor backyard whenever you want. Located close to the bus stop, it’s a five-minute ride into town where all the action and bright lights of the city are.
Unlike some cheap hostels in Vegas, this is a dorm-only hostel so that you won’t find any private rooms. But don’t worry; all dorm rooms are like little apartments, with private entrances and en suite bathrooms! Even better, the beds are surprisingly comfy, and the place is exceptionally clean as well! For socializing, head outside and choose from one of the cool games that the hostel provides. You’ve got a pool, soccer, and beer pong table, as well as some other group games that require a bit of skill and teamwork. When it’s time to eat, fire up the outdoor BBQ and prepare a tasty dinner with your newfound friends! And if you want to chill and relax by yourself, there’s free Wi-Fi on the property so that you can watch Netflix all day!
Sin City Hostel
Compared to other cheap hostels in Vegas, Sin City Hostel is unbeatable! Why? That’s because this hostel will arrange for you to go to the best parties in town! What more could you want from this party hostel? Let’s start with the location. By staying at this hostel, you’ll find yourself on Las Vegas Boulevard. For those that have never been to the city, staying on Boulevard means the most central location possible to all of the action. Here, you’ll be minutes from Fremont Street Experience, the famous Las Vegas Strip, and the local favorite: Main Street Beer & Arts District! You can rest assured that there’s always a place for you to eat and have a drink. Plus, the staff will make sure you have a good time by taking you to the hot nightlife spots on their free tours! That way, you’ll never miss a thing.
After a long day (and night) of exploring Vegas and partying, you’ll need a calm and comfy place to recharge your energy. This is what this hostel exceeds as well! There are mixed and female-only dormitory rooms, and they can house up to eight travelers. The beds are incredibly comfy, and there’s a quiet rule between midnight and the early morning hours so you can get some quality sleep! Then, you can wake up to a big free breakfast perfect for curing hangovers so that you can do it all over again! Join the pasta or wine nights, backyard BBQ parties, game nights, or hang in the comfy common area if you want to make new friends! Since this is one of the best cheap hostels in Vegas, you can be sure to meet travelers from all over the world!
Where to Stay in Vegas
There aren’t many cheap hostels in Vegas, but you can find all of them in the Arts District. Tucked away north of the Strip, it’s one of the coolest and most colorful neighborhoods in Las Vegas. Spanning 18 city blocks, the Arts District, also known as 18b, is the heart of Las Vegas’ arts and culture scene. Yes, this cultural hub is packed with indie art galleries and performance spaces in converted warehouses.
While other neighborhoods don’t have any cheap hostels, they’re still worth visiting and checking out. The Strip is a must-visit for those looking to party the night away, and you can do the top things to do in Las Vegas here. It’s arguably the most infamous neighborhood in Las Vegas! Then, there’s South Strip. Located, you guessed it, just south of the Strip, this area is within walking distance of the city’s most famous casinos, clubs, restaurants, and attractions.
Another area that’s worth visiting is Downtown Las Vegas. It’s the city’s central business and historic district. Set a short walk north of the Strip, this ideally located neighborhood is close to great bars, cool clubs, and many unique and unforgettable attractions.
Recommended Restaurants / Bars in Vegas
- Durango Taco Shop – Durango Taco Shop is inspired from authentic Mexican dishes and Taco Shops from Jalisco Mexico. At this inexpensive Mexican restaurant, you’ll find delicious dishes such as chile rellenos, chile verde, carnitas, mojarra, enchiladas, and more for less than 10USD. Those combination plates include rice, beans, and chips. Meanwhile, lunch specials ring in for 5.99USD to 9.99USD.
- Flights Restaurant – This eatery has an airline theme in which guests receive a boarding pass at check-in and dine underneath a small plane that hangs from the ceiling. The name also refers to how the food is presented: in servings of three, which is good news for those who struggle with making firm decisions. Some of our favorites include the tacos, mac n’ cheese, and meat skewers.
- Viva Las Arepas – The Venezuelan arepas sandwiches at Viva Las Arepas range from 5.50USD to 8USD, and may be the best bet for an inexpensive sandwich in Las Vegas. Make sure to order the reina pepieda with chicken, avocado, and mayonnaise for $7, and you can thank us later!
Recommended Activities in Vegas
- Las Vegas Strip: The High Roller at The LINQ Ticket – There’s no better way to enjoy the views of Las Vegas than from the top of the High Roller! This observation wheel, which stands over 550 feet tall, provides the perfect viewpoint to see everything that’s going on along the Strip. See for yourself during a 30-minute revolution in one of the High Roller’s 28 air-conditioned compartments. See for yourself during a 30-minute revolution in one of the High Roller’s 28 air-conditioned compartments. The High Roller even beats out the London Eye as the biggest observation wheel in the world.
- Las Vegas 3-Hour Night Tour by Open-Top Bus – Climb aboard an open-top double-decker bus for a three-hour night tour of Las Vegas, and experience the neon lights and electric buzz of Sin City after dark. Drive down the Las Vegas Strip, and see dancing fountains and erupting volcanoes. Pass the “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign at the gateway to the city, and continue downtown to the Golden Nugget.
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum Las Vegas – Enjoy admission to the world’s greatest wax museum! Once you arrive, you’ll discover a world of fun with more than 80 of your favorite celebrities. Don’t forget to bring your camera and take tons of pictures so you can show everyone you hung out with the biggest starts while in Vegas!