Are you planning to visit Reno shortly? Well, congrats then, because you’ll soon be seeing one of the best tourist spots in Nevada! Seriously, the Biggest Little City in the World has everything you need to create a memorable vacation experience. From impressive tourist attractions to tons of entertainment options. And if you want to save your budget on accommodation, you can stay at a cheap hotel in Reno, NV.
Not sure which one to choose? Well, you’re in luck! Today, we’ll take you through some of the best recommendations for a cheap hotel in Reno, Nevada. We’ve considered every crucial aspect, from the rooms and amenities to additional services. As a result, here’s our list of the 11 best cheap hotels in Reno, NV. Let’s check them out!
Table of contents
- Western Village Inn and Casino
- Home 2 Suites by Hilton Reno
- Hyatt Place Reno/Tahoe Airport
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Reno
- Courtyard by Marriott Reno Downtown/Riverfront
- Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Reno
- Sands Regency Casino Hotel Reno
- Whitney Peak Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites – Reno West NV
- Club Lakeridge
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno
- Top Affordable Bars in Reno, Nevada
- Top Affordable Restaurants in Reno, Nevada
- Free Things To Do in Reno, Nevada
Western Village Inn and Casino
The Western Village Inn and Casino are more than just a budget accommodation. It’s one of the most favorite local spots around town. You can easily reach the downtown area just a few minutes from here. Besides that, this unique property is located right on one of the largest marinas in Nevada, so you should have no trouble finding interesting spots or things to do around here.
As expected of a three-star property, the Western Village Inn and Casino provides free WiFi connection for all guests. Apart from that, there’s a gift shop inside the house. So in case you want to get something for your relatives or colleagues back home, you don’t have to bother leaving the lobby. Once you’re done with your business or aren’t in the mood to explore the city, this cheap hotel in Reno, NV, has no less than four gorgeous bars to visit. Three of them host their casino, so you can sit back and enjoy a beer while playing some of your favorite games of chance. As for breakfast, there’s nothing special about them. Luckily, the restaurant at the casino serves decent food, and one of them is open 24 hours a day.
Are you looking for more specific accommodation for you and your partner? Check out our top gay-friendly hotels in Reno.
Home 2 Suites by Hilton Reno
Being a 3-star property, we didn’t expect too much from Home 2 Suites by Hilton Reno at first. So you can imagine how surprised we were to find out that this hotel stands in one of the most excellent locations in the city! Hot spots like Meadowood Mall and Reno-Sparks Convention Center are just minutes away. And if you fancy some poker or slot games, the Atlantis Casino and the Reno nightlife district are just around the corner.
Back at the hotel, you’ll find many amenities, including complimentary WiFi, a large working space, and a kitchen area (exclusive to suites). Meanwhile, hot and delicious breakfasts are served daily. If you want to grab a few smaller bites, there’s a 24-hour market inside the hotel. Overall, we enjoyed our time at this cheap hotel in Reno, Nevada. The rooms are clean and quite spacious, while the staff is friendly. Everything seems to be in nice shape. The mattress was a little stiff, but that’s no big deal. We definitely wouldn’t mind staying here again if we had to visit Reno in the future.
Hyatt Place Reno/Tahoe Airport
There’s nothing better than sleeping in a comfortable hotel room as soon as you finish a long and tiring flight. And if you’re planning to visit Reno in the coming weeks, we recommend staying at the Hyatt Place Reno/Tahoe Airport. As the name implies, this three-star accommodation stands next to the Reno-Tahoe International Airport complex. Can’t wait to explore around The Biggest Little City in the World? Popular areas such as the downtown district and local markets are only three miles away.
As for facilities, this recently renovated hotel boasts an outdoor swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, and a 24-hour fitness center. All of them are free to access by registered guests. Inside your room, you’ll get a series of facilities to support your rest time and productivity. There’s a flat-screen HDTV for in-room entertainment, a workstation for urgent office work, and a sleeper sofa in case you’re expecting a few guests. And while you’re here, don’t forget to visit the hotel’s Bakery Cafe. They serve the legendary Hyatt cookies. You should try it!
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Reno
Have a stay like no other. At SpringHill Suites by Marriott Reno, you’ll have the opportunity to spend the night in a stylish complex with plenty of inspiring designs around every corner. Even better, all are available at affordable prices! For less than $200 per night, you’ll get all the standards like complimentary WiFi, a fresh breakfast, and a range of healthy options. If you’re planning to visit Reno, this hotel will make an excellent choice.
Their rooms are modern and super clean. Meanwhile, the mattresses were comfortable. Not too stiff, but not too soft either. As we mentioned earlier, breakfast is served in the lobby every morning. They were okay-ish, as you would expect from a hotel buffet. As for the location, this cheap hotel in Reno, NV, was fantastic. It’s close to the airport but far enough so that you can easily find many culinary spots and shop around.
Courtyard by Marriott Reno Downtown/Riverfront
Are you looking for centrally located budget accommodation? You might want to consider the Courtyard by Marriott Reno Downtown/Riverfront. This cheap hotel in Reno, Nevada, stands in a fantastic location. Some of the best local culinary spots are within walking distance, while a river walk and a local baseball stadium are around the corner. Apart from that, they offer clean rooms. Meanwhile, all the staff in the front lobby were friendly and helpful. We’re also sure you will enjoy your time at The Bistro, as all their crew is always efficient and attentive.
In summary, the Courtyard by Marriott Reno Downtown/Riverfront is a nice accommodation. It’s clean and comfortable enough for its class. However, there are a few things you need to pay attention to. First of all, maids need to be requested. So if you want your room to be cleaned and styled, you need to contact reception the morning or the night before. Next, there were several complaints regarding the presence of homeless people around the parking area. But while they might make you uncomfortable, they won’t do you any harm.
If you’re planning to visit Reno with your furry pal, check out our top pet-friendly hotels in Reno, NV.
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Reno
Are you planning a family trip to Reno? Then you should consider booking some rooms at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Reno. This three-star hotel is located in a family-friendly environment and offers tons of impressive amenities to make your stay memorable. Free parking is available for all guests, so you can easily drive your private car to explore the city. Spots of interest like the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts are just two miles away. And if you want to catch some local baseball games, the legendary Greater Nevada Field is a must-visit.
And how could we forget Reno’s incredible culinary potential? While in Biggest Little City in the World, don’t forget to visit the famous Ruby River Steakhouse and Bimini Steakhouse. Their local fillet mignon is simply out of this world! And if you’re interested in playing some games of chance, the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is just a few minutes away.
Sands Regency Casino Hotel Reno
Sands Regency Casino Hotel Reno is one of the best places to stay or gamble around town. Furthermore, we’ll bet you won’t find any other accommodation in Reno where you’ll meet the manager and staff who will greet you by name! Seriously, their service is top-notch. Apart from that, this three-star property has greatly improved in recent years. The casino has used new carpet and paint. There are new slots in every corner. Apart from that, interesting video poker slots are also here.
As for the location, this cheap hotel in Reno, NV, is right in the heart of the city. It’s just a stone’s throw from the main casinos. Meanwhile, the rooms are spacious and big. There is free parking for all guests, and they are easily accessible. Our only complaint is that the furniture is a bit old. However, this is by no means a big problem.
Whitney Peak Hotel
Despite being relatively unknown, the Whitney Peak Hotel is one of the most fabulous places to stay around the heart of Reno. This place has everything you need to have a true Nevada vacation. There are nice and spacious rooms, no casino, and every corner is smoke-free. We have spent two nights at this three-star property, and everything seems to be in good shape. Furthermore, the king-sized bed was comfortable, and all the usual amenities were present. It includes robes, slippers, a refrigerator, a coffee maker, and a safe.
When it comes to location, this cheap hotel in Reno, Nevada, is simply unbeatable. It’s close to some of the best food spots in town and only a stone’s throw away from some of the best local bars. Like most budget hotels on this list, you’ll find some homeless people hanging around the parking area. However, they won’t do you any harm.
Hampton Inn & Suites – Reno West NV
Experience the best of Reno with a stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites – Reno West NV. This modern hotel will be the best spot to launch your adventure in Neon Babylon. Seriously, this cheap hotel in Reno, NV, has everything from nightlife, skiing, and shopping spots, to culinary destinations! The University of Nevada is home to several legendary annual events and is only five miles away. Meanwhile, great outdoor locations such as the Truckee River and the Riverwalk District can be reached in less than five minutes.
To start your day, don’t forget to stop at the hotel lobby and grab your complimentary breakfast. There’s plenty on the menu each day, including freshly baked warm waffles and several healthy options. Furthermore, if you need to relax after a tiring day, the hotel’s spa area or the heated indoor pool would be great places to spend some time. And in case you want a few small bites, there’s a convenience shop within the hotel complex.
Are you going to Reno with the whole family? Don’t worry; you can check out our best family hotels in Reno.
A night’s stay at Club Lakeridge is guaranteed to be memorable. Enjoy a quiet holiday in exclusive units with tons of amenities. The hotel doesn’t provide breakfast, but you can cook meals since all pots and utensils are available. Apart from that, there’s a fireplace which adds a homely feel. The wires around the unit are a little lacking, but this isn’t a big deal. If you want to charge multiple devices simultaneously, we recommend bringing your extension cord.
The beds are soft and comfortable. Meanwhile, there’s an extra blanket if you think the weather is too cold. Have some questions about the unit? You can text the manager and get an immediate reply. As for the location, this humble property is located in the middle of a nice suburban neighborhood. The airport is only a few minutes away, so if you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Reno, NV, this one will make a great candidate.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno would be ideal for a business trip. This three-star hotel stands in a strategic location. It’s only a few minutes from downtown and a few miles from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport complex. Furthermore, you’ll get all the standards, such as complimentary breakfast, soft mattresses, and a reliable WiFi connection. Apart from that, amenities include a business center, fitness room, and laundry room. There’s a basketball net and barbecue if you want to have some fun outdoors.
This cheap hotel in Reno, Nevada, is also clean and well maintained. Meanwhile, the breakfast was much better than most three-star hotels we’ve been to. A wide selection of food is available, including freshly baked waffles and hot omelets. If there’s one thing we’d like to change about this hotel, it’s the air conditioning. Seriously, it’s too loud! But apart from this, this accommodation was fantastic. You should check it out if you ever visit Reno.
Top Affordable Bars in Reno, Nevada
- Chapo Sports Bar – Probably one of the best sports bars in Reno. There are more than 10 large screens to watch your favorite sports. The waiters and their staff will welcome you well. Meanwhile, the restaurant’s signature cocktail is really good! You also need to try the fried chicken wings. They were amazing!
- Shooters Saloon – Experience a friendly atmosphere that will remind you of your favorite bar back home. Furthermore, there are many fun things to do in and around the house. There’s a pool, hula hoops, and even water hockey! Basically, it’s a dive bar with great pours and great staff. The drinks are reasonably priced, and the atmosphere is fantastic!
- Rum Sugar Lime – A nice bar with cool vibes and great drinks. They have a special station where you can write a postcard for your friend, and the bar will send it to postage for you. Pretty cool! Meanwhile, the bartender is nice, and the decor is gorgeous. They’re all inspired by tropical or island themes.
Top Affordable Restaurants in Reno, Nevada
- In-N-Out Burger – Hungry for some fast food in Reno? This clean restaurant has it all. Their milkshakes and hamburgers are really good. Meanwhile, their fries are tasty. Best of all, the prices are low, and the service is top-notch! This is the place to go if you crave a juicy burger while in Neon Babylon.
- Pho 777 – Looking for a great place to relax while enjoying some exotic Asian and Vietnamese dishes? The Pho 777 has it all. Their Chicken Pho is amazing. It’s so fresh and tasty, while the broth is super authentic. And don’t forget to try their amazing spring rolls. Trust us; you won’t regret it!
- Jack’s Cafe – Enjoy a nice lunch with great service, attentive staff, and, most importantly, reasonable prices! Meanwhile, everything you order will arrive quickly and hot. Everything is great here, from the fries to the bacon to the waffles. Furthermore, they even have a vegetarian-friendly menu if you want.
Free Things To Do in Reno, Nevada
- Reno Riverwalk District – One of the best places to spend a few hours while walking in Reno. You will find many great restaurants around here. Some of them even serve outside. You can try swimming or tubing down the Truckee River on a hot day.
- Atlantis Casino – One of the best, if not the greatest, places for non-stop excitement around downtown Reno. This place is gorgeous. Their food is amazing, while all the staff is friendly. The gaming floor is clean and nice. Therefore, make sure to come here whenever you visit Reno.
- Virginia Lake Park – A clean and well-cared-for public park. Furthermore, it’s not far from the city center and offers plenty of open space for a picnic or a leisurely walk in nice weather. But if you don’t like crowds, don’t come on weekends as this place is popular among locals.