Sunglasses are some of the most important travel gear one should have, no matter where they’re heading. A good pair of sunglasses not only protect your eyes from UV rays but also make you look more stylish. Among all of the sunglasses brands on the market, Costa del Mar is a standout. The lenses are extremely innovative, and the Costa del Mar sunglasses prescription will keep your precious eyes safe at all times. Costa’s collections are made for water activities but also great for everyday outdoor activities. With so many models to choose from, which ones should you consider? Take a look at our list below!
Speaking of which, don’t forget also to check out the best Costa del Mar sunglasses retainers! They provide extra security for those who often lose their sunglasses!
Table of contents
- Brine Oval Sunglasses
- Loreto Aviator Sunglasses
- Cheeca Square Sunglasses
- Half Moon Rectangular Sunglasses
- Sampan Rectangular Sunglasses
- Cat Cay Rectangular Sunglasses
- Rinconcito Rectangular Sunglasses
- Saltbreak Rectangular Sunglasses
- Switchfoot Rectangular Sunglasses
- Blackfin Round Sunglasses
- Peli Aviator Sunglasses
- Tuna Alley Rectangular Sunglasses
- Fantail Rectangular Sunglasses
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Costa del Mar Sunglasses for Travel
- Are Costa Del Mar frames made in Italy?
- Do Costas scratch easily?
- Do Costas have a lifetime warranty?
Brine Oval Sunglasses
Let’s kick off this list with the Brine Oval Sunglasses, some of the most popular options from Costa del Mar. With a high nose bridge, these sunglasses promise a more secure fit for those with lower cheekbones. They’re a great choice if you have a nose bridge that’s above your pupils.
If you’re not a fan of rigid, rectangular sunglasses, you’ll love the oval design of these shades. They offer a more distinct character and style that won’t be going anywhere. Moreover, we also love flexible arms. They’re more durable than they look, and the wraparound shape offers the ultimate protection.
- The durability of these sunglasses is among the best.
- With plastic lenses, these shades are lightweight.
- They’re both stylish and functional.
- Not the best option for those with a low nose bridge.
Loreto Aviator Sunglasses
The Loreto Aviator Sunglasses is simply stunning! Whether you’re heading to the sea or on a road trip, these metal sunglasses can be your ideal companion. We love their versatility, as they’re built to handle all kinds of adventures. Plus, the lightweight design makes it the perfect choice for travel and all-day wear.
As we said earlier, these are metal sunglasses. Don’t worry, though, as the metal used is super tough and corrosion-resistant. People with smaller faces love these sunglasses a lot, as they offer a smaller width. And while they’re available in various shades, the Rose Gold variant is our favorite.
- Some of the most stylish aviators from Costa del Mar.
- They’re designed to fit people with smaller faces.
- The metal is corrosion-resistant.
- It’s not the most durable model.
Cheeca Square Sunglasses
Those searching for Costa del Mar sunglasses for women should consider the Cheeca Square Sunglasses! You must bring these stylish and comfortable shades on your upcoming trip! Available in a wide variety of designs, they’ll make you look more stylish than you already are.
Just like their siblings, these sunglasses have a Bio-Resin construction and are scratch-resistant. Meanwhile, the lenses offer 100% UV protection, so you don’t have to worry about sun exposure. Plus, the plastic lenses are extremely durable and lightweight!
- These sunglasses are prescription ready.
- The plastic lenses are impact-resistant.
- They offer 100% UV protection and reduce glare.
- Some people think the lenses aren’t as mirrored as expected.
Half Moon Rectangular Sunglasses
Up next are the Half Moon Rectangular Sunglasses. These sunglasses fit most people’s heads great with an even better price tag! They offer so many amazing features without making you dig deep into your pocket. You can wear these sunglasses for fishing or even when you want to drive around the city.
With glass lenses, these sunglasses have amazing optical clarity. Not to mention, they’re also scratch-resistant. Though a bit heavier than plastic lenses, they’re still comfortable to wear for hours. On top of that, the spring hinges make it really handy when you want to move the sunglasses to the top of your head.
- These sunglasses have a lot to offer without being too pricey.
- There are tons of different colorways to choose from.
- They’re a bit heavier than sunglasses with plastic lenses.
Sampan Rectangular Sunglasses
Most Versatile. Are you looking for Costa del Mar sunglasses prescription friendly? Take a look at the Sampan Rectangular Sunglasses! What differentiates Sampan from the rest is its versatility. These stylish sunglasses offer a versatile performance that allows them to be the perfect companion no matter the adventure. From fishing to traveling, you can always rely on these sunglasses.
Also, we should appreciate the design! These Costa del Mar sunglasses for men are available in a wide variety of different frames, so you’ll be able to choose the one that suits you best. In addition to that, the lenses also come in different tints!
- They’re a nice option for people with larger heads.
- There are tons of different colorways to choose from.
- They’re surprisingly lightweight and super comfortable.
- Those with smaller heads may find them too big.
Cat Cay Rectangular Sunglasses
Do the Cat Cay Rectangular Sunglasses sound familiar to you? Well, that’s because these sunglasses are inspired by Cat Cays Islands in the Bahamas. One of the main selling points of these sunglasses is their durability. Scratch-resistant and incredibly sturdy, these sunglasses can last for years easily. Not to mention, they come complete with a protective case!
As we all know, polarized sunglasses offer better protection. However, there’s no denying that not all of them are made equal. Lucky for you, these sunglasses offer clear lenses that effectively reduce glares and eye strains. Also, can we appreciate how cool these sunglasses look? They remind you of the ocean! Oh, don’t forget to watch this review video by Arcasting!
- These sunglasses are both flexible and durable.
- The wraparound shape offers ultimate protection.
- They come with a protective case and cleaning cloth.
- Some color variants are more expensive.
Rinconcito Rectangular Sunglasses
Another highly recommended pair of sunglasses from Costa del Mar is the Rinconcito Rectangular Sunglasses. With unique curved temples, these sunglasses are nothing short of eye-catching. In addition to their stylish design, they also offer polarized lenses that provide 100% protection from UV rays.
These shades don’t lack when it comes to comfort. With the Hydrolite nose pads and temple pads, you can wear them comfortably for hours. Though the lenses are glass, the sunglasses are still lightweight. Plus, the clarity offered by the lenses is second to none.
- A versatile model, these sunglasses can be worn for most outdoor activities.
- There are so many color options to choose from.
- They’re reasonably priced!
- The glass lenses aren’t shatter-resistant.
Saltbreak Rectangular Sunglasses
Say hello to Costa Del Mar’s Saltbreak Rectangular Sunglasses! These shades are more than just a pair of eye-catching sunglasses. One of the highlights of these sunglasses is the material. The durable nylon material allows them to take beatings, and the internal hinges are extremely sturdy. These sunglasses are tough!
Though tough, these sunglasses still offer a comfortable fit. Not to mention, they’re resistant to both heat and cold. Talk about versatility! Furthermore, as some of the best polarized Costa sunglasses, they also offer 100% UV protection. Who can say no to these sunglasses?
- The lenses don’t fog easily.
- They can resist both high and low temperatures.
- There are so many lens colors to choose from.
- People with narrower heads may find them too large.
Switchfoot Rectangular Sunglasses
Best Design. Want to level up your fashion game with a pair of sunglasses from Costa del Mar? Take a look at the brand’s Switchfoot Rectangular Sunglasses! These sunglasses take the cake when it comes to aesthetics. They allow you to stand out among the crowds without sacrificing comfort and protection.
As with most Costa del Mar sunglasses for fishing, these sunglasses offer 100% protection from UV rays. Additionally, the lenses also do a great job of reducing eye strains. Aside from that, the adjustable nose pads and temple tips ensure you’ll never be uncomfortable. They’re the perfect option for those who want a nice balance of style and protection.
- They have a nice retro look that somehow doesn’t look outdated.
- The plastic lenses allow these sunglasses to be lightweight.
- The double bridge makes them a standout.
- These sunglasses are a bit too narrow for some people.
Blackfin Round Sunglasses
Best Durability. Part of Costa del Mar’s Endurance line, the Blackfin Round Sunglasses are arguably the brand’s most durable model. First, let’s talk about the lenses. The glass lenses are crystal clear and available in an array of different colors. Because of the material, they’re also cratch-resistant, meaning they’ll look new even though you’ve been wearing the glasses for a long time.
If you’re traveling somewhere hot, you’ll definitely appreciate these sunglasses. Why? That’s because they’re made to be slip-resistant. They’ll stay in place even when you’re sweating like crazy. Not to mention, the Bio-Resin frames are extremely lightweight, so you can wear these sunglasses for hours without a headache.
- These sunglasses offer optimal clarity during sunny days.
- Though lightweight, they’re still durable.
- You can wear them for hours without experiencing any headaches.
- They’re a bit too big for some.
Peli Aviator Sunglasses
Best Aviator. Are you looking for a pair of aviator sunglasses for your upcoming trip? Then you should consider getting the Peli Aviator Sunglasses! As you can guess, these sunglasses’ names are inspired by pelicans. It’s specifically designed for water adventures, with a body that’s made to last. But these sunglasses are so stylish that you can wear them for everyday outdoor activities!
Apart from their style, these sunglasses are also comfortable. Featuring glass lenses, they’re surprisingly lightweight. The lenses are also more durable than plastic ones, which is a huge plus. Also, these shades come complete with a protective case, a cleaning cloth, and a limited lifetime warranty. Watch this video to have a closer look at the sunglasses!
- The glass lenses are more durable.
- There are so many color options for the frames and lenses.
- We’re suckers for the adjustable nose pads!
- You should be careful as the glass lenses can hurt the eyes when broken.
Tuna Alley Rectangular Sunglasses
What we have here are the Tuna Alley Rectangular Sunglasses, arguably some of Costa del Mar’s most legendary sunglasses. Available in a wide variety of colors and lens options, these sunglasses are a bit larger than their siblings. So, if you’ve been searching for sunglasses for big heads, you may want to give this pair a try.
The frames of these sunglasses are both durable and comfortable for everyday wear. We also love the rubber arms, which help the sunglasses stay in place when moving around. In addition to that, the 580 lenses are extremely clear. With unmatched comfort and an array of different options available, they sure don’t disappoint.
- These sunglasses can be used for most activities.
- Though made for fishing, they’re stylish and comfortable enough for everyday wear.
- The lenses offer 100% protection from UV rays.
- People with smaller heads may find them too big.
Fantail Rectangular Sunglasses
Best Overall. There are so many reasons why the Fantail Rectangular Sunglasses are one of Costa del Mar’s most popular pairs. The design of these sunglasses is to die for. Though smaller than some of Costa del Mar’s other sunglasses, the ones can still fit people with slightly higher heads. Additionally, thanks to the C-Wall coating, these sunglasses are scratch-resistant.
Whether you’re going fishing or traveling somewhere, you can always rely on these shades. We also love how the lens color offers you amazing protection from intense sunlight. Speaking of the lenses, the Fantail Costa Sunglasses provides enough airflow, which helps reduce fogging on the lenses. To get to know these sunglasses more, check out SportRx’s review on YouTube!
- The textured Hydrolite nose and temple pads are extremely comfortable.
- We love how the hinges are rust-resistant.
- These polarized sunglasses offer 100% UV protection.
- It may be too small for people with big heads.
While Costa del Mar has a huge collection of sunglasses, the ones above are certainly some of the best models the brand has ever produced. The Fantail Rectangular Sunglasses are arguably the most popular model and the best all-rounder. However, the rest are just as great. We’ve categorized some of them according to the following criteria: Why don’t you look at them?
- Best Aviator: Peli Aviator Sunglasses
- Best Durability: Blackfin Round Sunglasses
- Best Design: Switchfoot Rectangular Sunglasses
- Most Versatile: Sampan Rectangular Sunglasses
How To Choose The Best Costa del Mar Sunglasses for Travel
Choosing the best Costa del Mar sunglasses isn’t easy. There are some important things you should always keep in mind, which include:
One of the most important things to consider is the fit of the sunglasses. Some Costa del Mar sunglasses are made to fit those with larger heads, and some are best for smaller faces. To make sure you choose the right model, you should know the shape of your face and know what kind of sunglasses look best on it.
Costa del Mar sunglasses’ lenses are either plastic or glass. Plastic lenses are more lightweight and shatter-resistant. They’re great for those who drop their sunglasses often. However, glass lenses are more scratch-resistant and offer better optical clarity.
The color of the lens isn’t just about style. Different colors have different purposes. For instance, green lenses offer you a higher contrast. Meanwhile, gray lenses are better for daily activities. But if you spend the whole day on the water, you should choose something with blue lenses instead.
Are Costa Del Mar frames made in Italy?
Most Costa del Mar lenses are produced in Florida. They’ll then be assembled with frames from other countries like Italy, China, and Japan.
Do Costas scratch easily?
Most Costa del Mar sunglasses won’t scratch easily. But if you want something 100% scratch-proof, you should look for a pair that comes with glass lenses. They’re labeled with 580G.
Do Costas have a lifetime warranty?
Yes, Costa del Mar sunglasses are all backed by a limited lifetime warranty.