Christmas is coming! Besides being busy searching for new cookie recipes, you should also start looking for gifts for your loved ones! This year, why don’t you look for something that doesn’t impact the environment negatively? Yep, we’re talking about eco-friendly gifts for Christmas! The options are endless, from reusable hand warmers to eco-friendly scarves and candles. Need help thinking of the best Christmas gift ideas for eco-friendly people in your life? Perfect, as we’ve compiled some of the best options you can get on Etsy. They’ve been bought by many people and are flooded with positive reviews. Getting your friends or family one of the following items will certainly make their Christmas a whole lot better!
Table of contents
- Beatific Happy Planer Personalized Notebook
- Lily Blossom Crafts Eco-Friendly Eye Mask
- MummyMarvellousMakes Reusable Hand Warmers
- CrimpdClothing Organic Cotton Beanie
- KolpCo Linen Slides
- AURAQUE Design Gloves
- Rainwater Botanicals Natural Deodorant
- Linenia Cross Back Linen Apron
- FreakLeChic Nettle Scarf
- Pearlgum Glass Water Bottle
- VelvetVegan Sustainable Sweatshirt
- EcooGlass Recycled Wine Glasses
- Waxaroma London Wax Candle
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Eco-Friendly Gifts for Christmas
- How can I make my Christmas eco-friendly?
- What is the most common gift for Christmas?
- What can you give instead of gifts for Christmas?
Beatific Happy Planer Personalized Notebook
Christmas around the world is starting soon. That said, there are so many Christmas gift ideas for eco-friendly people to choose from. But if you want to give your favorite person something unique that only they have, why not get the Beatific Happy Planer Personalized Notebook? With this book, everyone can write down their thoughts and ideas without damaging the environment!
You can add your friend’s name on the cover, a special message, or even have a custom cover! Apart from that, this eco-friendly notebook is stunning! It features dramatic colors that easily steal the spotlight. Not to mention, it features high-quality recycled paper that won’t tear easily.
- You can also add a special message on the book’s first page.
- The paper is thick and won’t tear easily.
- No chemicals or dyes are used in making this notebook.
- Sadly, this book is only available in one size.
Lily Blossom Crafts Eco-Friendly Eye Mask
Your face isn’t the only thing that needs a mask! You can rest assured that no matter who receives the Lily Blossom Crafts Eco-Friendly Eye Mask, they’re guaranteed a good night’s sleep! This eye mask is extremely soft and anti-bacterial, thanks to its bamboo and cotton material.
Furthermore, you also have the option to add a lavender scent to the mask! Add a few drips, and you’ll be able to sleep like a baby! Best of all, it’s OEKO-TEX certified. This means it contains no dangerous chemicals or substances at all!
- This eye mask is available in many eye-catching patterns.
- Both men and women can use it.
- The elastic band is sturdy and not too tight.
- Some of the patterns are already sold out!
MummyMarvellousMakes Reusable Hand Warmers
Best Reusable. Are you looking for something to keep you and your friends toasty throughout the winter? Then getting the MummyMarvellousMakes Reusable Hand Warmers is a no-brainer! Available in a set of two, these hand warmers are 100% cotton and can also be used as a pack for your eyes or other small areas.
One of the reasons why many people adore these hand warmers is because of their design. From penguins to bees to flowers, they’re available in different eye-catching patterns. Heating them is a breeze! Simply place them inside a microwave, and you’re done!
- They’re some of the most adorable hand warmers on the market.
- We love how durable they are and the fact that there’s no sloppy threading found.
- They come with eco-friendly packaging.
- Those who prefer electric hand warmers may think they’re a hassle to use.
CrimpdClothing Organic Cotton Beanie
If you plan on giving your friend a beanie, you should make sure it’s made of high-quality material. Enter the CrimpdClothing Organic Cotton Beanie! This beanie is made from 100% organic cotton, allowing it to be breathable, lightweight, and comfortable simultaneously. This is why we think it’s one of the best Christmas gift ideas for eco-friendly fashionistas!
Apart from that, we also love the fact that this beanie is packed in recyclable packaging. Not to mention, this eco-friendly product for travel is super stylish. Though simple, it goes well with any outfit you’re wearing. Plus, if you’re not a fan of Olive Green, there are still six other color options for you to choose from.
- This stylish beanie is great for keeping you warm on those cooler days.
- Thanks to its material, it’s extremely soft.
- This handmade beanie is surprisingly durable.
- Unfortunately, it’s only available in one size.
KolpCo Linen Slides
Brainstorming for the best Christmas gift ideas for eco-friendly people isn’t an easy task. But if the person you want to surprise loves staying at home, why not give them the KolpCo Linen Slides? These natural linen slippers are comfortable, durable, and eco-friendly. They can effectively reduce the pressure on the feet, which is awesome!
Not to mention, these slides are available in many sizes. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a man or woman, as they’re unisex! Furthermore, there are six primary color options for you to choose from. Best of all, many people have admitted that these slides are extremely lightweight! For more similar items, check out these best eco-friendly flip-flops for travel!
- These slides are effortlessly comfortable and won’t hurt your feet.
- They’re grippy enough for home sandals.
- They can be used by both men and women.
- Because each pair is handmade, there might be a small error in size.
AURAQUE Design Gloves
Keep your hands warm without restricting the movement of your fingers with the AURAQUE Design Gloves! Handmade from wool, these eco-friendly and sustainable gloves can be used as extended sleeves. Apart from that, they also come with a removable string!
As one of the best eco-friendly gifts for Christmas, these gloves are loved by many. They’re ethically made, and even the packing is environmentally friendly. Not to mention, the colors are lovely! And if you lose them, you don’t have to panic as they’re relatively affordable!
- They’re available in three color options.
- These gloves can be used for many occasions and are extremely comfy.
- They’re surprisingly more durable than some people expect.
- These gloves are one-size-fits-all, so there’s a chance they might be too big or small for you.
Rainwater Botanicals Natural Deodorant
Best for Self-Care. Unlike Christmas stockings, deodorant might not be the most popular option for those searching for eco-friendly gifts for Christmas, but we can’t help but recommend this natural deodorant! The Rainwater Botanicals Natural Deodorant is an effective option that has no chemicals and won’t irritate your skin. It can easily moisturize and soothe sensitive skin.
Additionally, this product comes with biodegradable packaging. It’s made from compostable paperboard, which is worth praising. If you want to try this deodorant, you can even get the trial size, which is 0.25 oz. It’s also the perfect size for camping, traveling, and other outdoor activities! If you want to explore other products from this brand, click here!
- Unlike other cheaply made deodorants, this one isn’t sticky at all.
- This is a truly “natural” deodorant. It has no synthetic ingredients.
- It won’t stain your shirt like the one you’re using now!
- Some scents are more expensive than others.
Linenia Cross Back Linen Apron
For the chef in your group, the Linenia Cross Back Linen Apron is the perfect gift! This modern linen apron allows your friend or yourself to cook without dirtying your precious clothes! However, the highlight of this apron is its reversible design! Each side has a different color, allowing you to have two aprons in one! Super creative, isn’t it?
Additionally, this apron features two huge pockets on each side, meaning there are four in total! You can use them to keep some of your smaller cooking essentials or even personal items. Plus, using this apron is a breeze. There are no ties involved! Best of all, it’s available in five sizes, from S to 2XL.
- This linen apron is handmade with organic flax that’s GOTS-certified.
- It’s pre-shrunk, meaning it won’t shrink or lose shape after washing it.
- Many love its free-flowing fit and unmatched comfort.
- As one of the best Christmas gift ideas for eco-friendly people, this apron can be personalized. However, it’s not returnable.
FreakLeChic Nettle Scarf
The FreakLeChic Nettle Scarf is another option worth considering if you’re searching for eco-friendly gifts for Christmas. As the name suggests, this beautiful scarf is made from 100% nettle fiber. In case you didn’t know, nettle is one of, if not the most breathable natural fibers on Earth! Aside from that, it can also shine dimly, making this scarf an eye candy.
Moreover, this sustainable and vegan scarf is hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial. It’s warm enough to keep everyone comfy during the colder months. And even though it’s used often, it won’t show any signs of wear and tear. Best of all, this item goes well with anything you wear!
- It’s handmade in Italy by professionals.
- Because of the material, this scarf is breathable, soft, and bright.
- You don’t have to worry as this scarf is 100% biodegradable.
- Compared to other scarfs, this one is a bit pricier.
Pearlgum Glass Water Bottle
For those who always need to be reminded to finish their water, the Pearlgum Glass Water Bottle is a life savior! As you can see from the picture below, this sparkling water bottle comes with time markers, so you’ll know how much water is left, and you’ll have an easier time tracking your hydration level. Don’t worry, as the markers won’t disappear easily!
We also love the bottle’s transparent design. Made of glass, you can see what’s inside! Perfect for both hot and cold water, this bottle is also durable. Additionally, the lid is leakproof, so there’s nothing to worry about! If the 500 ml variant is too small, go get the 750 ml variant!
- Its minimalist design allows it to be one of the most stunning bottles out there.
- This bottle is extremely popular and has been bought by countless people.
- Anyone can use this bottle as it has a gender-neutral design.
- You should be extra careful as once it falls, it’ll break!
VelvetVegan Sustainable Sweatshirt
Best Value for Money. Another great addition to our list of the best eco-friendly gifts for Christmas is the VelvetVegan Sustainable Sweatshirt. This is your best bet if your friend or family needs something cozy and warm to keep them comfy throughout winter. It’s made of 100% organic cotton, so you can rest assured that this sustainable sweatshirt is extremely soft and not itchy.
Not to mention this sweatshirt is also available in six color options. However, we have to admit that our favorite is the Purple Rose variant. As one of the top Christmas gift ideas for eco-friendly people, even the packaging is plastic-free! Furthermore, it’s unisex, timeless, and perfect for any occasion, including camping. Speaking of which, check out these best Christmas gifts for campers!
- Unlike other sweatshirts on the market, this one is biodegradable and ocean-friendly.
- The packaging is made from kraft paper.
- You can choose from five different sizes, including XS to XL.
- The design might be too simple for some people who prefer something more eye-catching.
EcooGlass Recycled Wine Glasses
Most Unique. There’s no better option for wine lovers than the EcooGlass Recycled Wine Glasses! These stunning, recycled glasses are available in a set of four or six. But what’s unique is that each of them is handcrafted! It means every glass is a work of art, and not glasses are the same in shape and size as they may vary a little bit.
Named some of the best eco-friendly gifts for Christmas, these glasses are extremely durable. They’re thick and sturdy, and we also love their turquoise accent! Though a little bit more expensive than other wine glasses on the market, you can rest assured that they’re of high-quality and hence, worth the money!
- Each glass in this set is a beautiful work of art.
- Despite their glass material, these glasses are thick and sturdy,
- You can choose whether to get a box of four or six.
- Unfortunately, these glasses aren’t dishwasher-friendly.
Waxaroma London Wax Candle
Handpoured in London, the Waxaroma London Wax Candle is a must-have for those searching for eco-friendly candles. This item is made using natural soy wax as well as paraben-free oils, making them one of the best choices for keeping our planet healthy. Not to mention, this durable candle can fill your room with its fragrant scent in no time!
According to the official website, this candle is available in 42 different scents. Some of the best-selling options include Bali Spa, Tobacco & Vanilla, Wild Fig & Cassis, and many more. In addition to that, it’s available in several sizes. The biggest one can burn for up to 70 hours! It sounds like a good deal, isn’t it?
- It’s the most popular candle available on Etsy.
- The scent doesn’t take too long to fill the entire room.
- There are so many scent options to choose from, and all of them are worth getting.
- Not all scents are currently available.
Depending on what the gift receiver needs, each item above can be their best gift ever! But to make your life easier, we’ve compiled some of the best options according to some criteria. Why don’t you give the list below a look?
- Most Unique: EcooGlass Recycled Wine Glasses
- Best Value for Money: VelvetVegan Sustainable Sweatshirt
- Best for Self-Care: Rainwater Botanicals Natural Deodorant
- Best Reusable: MummyMarvellousMakes Reusable Hand Warmers
How To Choose The Best Eco-Friendly Gifts for Christmas
You may think that choosing the best eco-friendly gifts for Christmas is easy. However, it’s the complete opposite! Nevertheless, you should always keep the following things in mind!
Needs and Preferences
Obviously, everyone has different needs and preferences. Knowing what the person you’re gifting needs and their preferences will definitely help you choose the right present for them. That way, they’ll love the gift, and you won’t waste your money!
There are so many eco-friendly gifts for Christmas available out there, but not all are eco-friendly when it comes to packaging. So, you should make sure that the items you want have biodegradable or recyclable packaging!
Ingredients or Materials
Last but not least, you should take a look and do a little research about the ingredients or materials of the item you want to get. You should make sure it doesn’t contain dangerous chemicals and that no animals are harmed.
How can I make my Christmas eco-friendly?
One of the easiest ways to make your Christmas more eco-friendly is by choosing the right gift! You can get one of the products listed above as they’re eco-friendly, and wrap them using an eco-friendly gift wrapper!
What is the most common gift for Christmas?
According to the article about US consumers’ shopping behavior by Statista, some of the most popular Christmas gifts include toys, clothing, and gift cards.
What can you give instead of gifts for Christmas?
Instead of exchanging gifts, why not make this Christmas more special by spending more time together with your special ones? After all, time and love are the most expensive things one can receive!