RV stabilizers are a handy tool that keeps your trailer stable and safe for as long as it is parked, giving your tires a break. This is why it is one of the most essential accessories for RV camping. The best jack stand for RV in the market saves you the cost of new tires and makes your camper trailer feel more stable and safe. The jack stands for the camper you invest in needs to be robust and rustproof for your RV to be a safe home.
There is no room for a compromise on quality because RV stabilizers are expensive, and while in use, they can mean the difference between life and death. This is why it is one of the most essential accessories for RV camping. It is important to look past the many brands in the market and focus on the quality of the steel and the safety to get the best jack stand for RV in a flooded market. This guide has reviews of the best jack stands tested by camper trailer owners.
Table of contents
- BESTOOL RV Stabilizer
- Yaegoo 4-Pack Jack Stand
- ESCO 10498 Jack Stand
- LIBRA RV Slide Out Jack Stand
- TeukRiGa Slide Out Jack Stand
- Lippert High-Speed Power Jack Stand
- WEIZE Heavy Duty Slide Out Supports
- EAZ LIFT Telescopic Jack Stand
- Camco Olympian Jack Stand
- OTC 12-Ton High Profile Jack Stand
- EAZ LIFT RV Patio Supports
- Sunex 10-Ton Heavy-Duty Jack Stands
- TCE 10-Ton Heavy Duty Steel Jack Stands
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Jack Stands For RV
- Can You Lift An RV With Levelling Jacks?
- How Much Weight Can RV Jacks Hold?
- Should RV Tires Be Off The Ground?
BESTOOL RV Stabilizer
This is one of the market’s most stable jack stands for camper trailers because of its broad telescopic base. The BESTOOL RV Stabilizer is designed with all the safety features you need when leveling your RV, including an easy pull pin for double locking. BESTOOL is a famous brand for its high-quality forged steel, and this stabilizer has the same top quality.
It is a package of two that is easy to install and operate because of the round bases on each frame that reduce pressure on the ground reducing the chances of sinking. The best part is that each stabilizer has a 3-ton capacity making the package suitable for leveling a camper that’s loaded with many things, including a pull-out couch for the RV!
- The steel of this jack stand for camper is rustproof.
- Its wide base offers more stability.
- Adjusting this jack stand is a breeze!
- It has only four adjustable positions, which is too little for some.
Yaegoo 4-Pack Jack Stand
This set will suffice if you are operating on a shoestring and still need something that will keep your camper from rocking. The Yaegoo 4-Pack Jack Stand is easy to install as it is all about turning the T handle. Available in a set of four, each of them has a wide square base flattened at the bottom to stay steady without sinking into the ground.
This entry-level jack stand for RV is suitable for small RVs with sufficient stability to carry loaded trailers of up to 6,000 lbs. Furthermore, the frame is also made of aluminum, which is rustproof to ensure long service. The handle swivels quickly, allowing you to set any height up to 17.5 inches.
- One of the most affordable jack stands for a camper trailer.
- Beginners will appreciate the easy installation.
- This rustproof jack stand is exceptionally durable.
- According to some customers, this is for light duty only.
ESCO 10498 Jack Stand
Sometimes, all you need for your trailer is a reliable old-school jack stand that can keep everything stable without concerns over capacity and stability. The ESCO 10498 Jack Stand is one of the market’s most popular jack stands for camper trailers. This is one of the best gifts you can get for RV owners because it has a heavy-built steel frame and a stable broad base to support any weight.
The stabilizer comes as a single piece making it economical, especially if you only need one. Furthermore, the heavy-duty pull pin on this stand provides a double locking option for extra safety. The entire frame is also covered in cast aluminum, making it rust-proof, which ensures durable service.
- Super adjustable, this jack stand has 10 height positions.
- It features a heavy-duty frame that can last a long tip.
- We’re sure you’ll adore the wide, stable base.
- Unfortunately, the rubber pads aren’t the most durable.
LIBRA RV Slide Out Jack Stand
Having the best jack stand for your RV means that your entire motorhome stays stable no matter where you put most weight, and that is why the LIBRA RV Slide Out Jack Stand is so important. Since they slide up to 28 inches high, that means that this jack stand can stabilize your RV on most terrains despite the state of the ground. The biggest catch is that the stand is coated with powder zinc to prevent rusting.
This is a 2-pack set that is both economical and built for the purpose. Both jack stands are easy to adjust as you only need to turn the lever and select between three different stabilizing heights. Moreover, the wide top panels provide a reliable resting plate for your RV’s pressure points without leaving dents.
- Like many other top options on the market, this jack stand is rustproof.
- Adjusting it is easy as you only have to turn the lever and select the height.
- Despite its amazing quality, this jack stand is pretty affordable.
- The base is too small for some people.
TeukRiGa Slide Out Jack Stand
This is another set of stabilizers for any size of slide-out that ensures that all areas of your motorhome are stable. The TeukRiGa Slide Out Jack Stand is entirely built for the outdoors, starting with the stable base. Additionally, the frame is made of heavy-duty forged steel with a load capacity of 5,000 lbs each.
This stabilizer can be used on any terrain with unlimited room for height choices since it can extend up to 42 inches. Better still, the top panel has a tough and rugged finish for extra stability when you secure your slide-out. This jack stand for the camper is easy to operate with the T-handle that adjusts the height with simple turns.
- The heavy-duty frame is extremely durable.
- The base is stable and allows you to walk safely.
- Thanks to the T-handle, you can adjust the height easily.
- Sadly, it doesn’t have double-locking for safety.
Lippert High-Speed Power Jack Stand
If you need the ultimate stability for your trailer without using too much effort to raise, then this Lippert High-Speed Power Jack Stand will do the job. The power switch allows you to raise and install the stand with the push of a button. Better still, the base pads are built to adjust to the terrain you have parked on, so by the time your camper trailer rests; there will be no cranking.
It is a heavy-duty stabilizer with a 30-inch maximum height that gives you enough space from the ground to protect your motorhome’s underside. Furthermore, the jack stand disengages automatically if it is overloaded while lifting or retracting to prevent damage to your vehicle.
- The self-adjusting bottom pads are super handy.
- The frame is one of the most durable ones on the market.
- This jack stand for RV comes complete with a waterproof switch, harness, as well as a reset breaker.
- It’s a bit pricy compared to other jack stands for camper trailers.
WEIZE Heavy Duty Slide Out Supports
Best for Slide Outs. If you need high-capacity jack stabilizers for your slide-outs, then WEIZE Heavy Duty Slide Out Supports will suffice. These jack stands for camper trailers retain the traditional U-shaped top panel that protects your vehicle’s frame. Furthermore, the pull-out pin attached to the stands ensures safety by double locking.
Going up to 40 inches high, these jack stands for RV slide-outs can help you secure your vehicle on any terrain. The best part of these jack stands is their heavy-duty frame that allows you to secure most camper trailers. Additionally, the zinc powder coating used to finish them is rust-proof, ensuring long service.
- These durable jack stands are rustproof.
- For extra safety, these jack stands have a double-locking feature.
- The top panel can protect your RV’s frame really well.
- They have a smaller base compared to others.
EAZ LIFT Telescopic Jack Stand
This is another affordable jack stand for RV that doesn’t compromise quality. The EAZ LIFT Telescopic Jack Stand is built for convenience and stability, starting with its 12-inch wide base. The strong welded frame is built to carry huge loads up to 30 inches above ground without cranking. What’s more, it is easy to adjust and lift these jack stands with the T-handle.
The jack stabilizer allows you to choose any height from 16 inches conveniently. Moreover, the bottom pads are rounded off to reduce sinking under heavy loads, even without jack pads. With the pull-out stopper offering double locking, these jack stands for camper trailers are one of the safest.
- The 12-inch wide base allows you to walk safely.
- Thanks to its heavy-duty steel frame, this jack stand can stand the test of time.
- It’s affordable without compromising on quality.
- Though adjustable, the height options is a bit limited.
Camco Olympian Jack Stand
Most Popular. This is another universal 4-pack set of jack stands for leveling your RV without breaking the bank. With a 3-ton capacity for each stand, the entire pack of Camco Olympian Jack Stand is a heavy-duty purchase able to stabilize any motorhome. These jack stands for camper trailers and is compatible with any trailer frame, so no modification is needed when mounting.
Each jack stand for RV has a flattened base that reduces pressure on the ground to prevent sinking when parked on soft ground. Moreover, the stands are easily adjusted because the T-handle swivels easily. The frame is also coated with cast aluminum to prevent rusting. Learn more about this product by watching this YouTube video from Camco!
- This universal jack stand suits any trailer frame.
- Featuring flattened bases, this jack stand will prevent sinking.
- Adjusting the stand is easy because of the T-handle.
- It’s not tall enough for some people.
OTC 12-Ton High Profile Jack Stand
The best jack stand for RV needs to be a one-time purchase for you to get value for your money which is why you should go for the highest-quality steel. This OTC 12-Ton High Profile Jack Stand for RV is built for heavy-duty stabilizing. Its 12-ton capacity means a single stand is sufficient for every side of your motorhome, although a pair per side is recommended for more stability.
This jack stand for camper has nine different height adjustments up to 44 inches, making it comfortable to install on rugged terrain. The best part is that this jack stand has a broad circular base flattened at the bottom to prevent rocking. The top panel is also U-shaped to ensure the stability of the frame without any modifications.
- It has nine different height adjustments as one of the most adjustable options!
- Like other durable options out there, this jack stand is rustproof.
- The circular base does a great job of preventing rocking.
- Yes, this jack stand is awesome. However, it’s also more expensive than many of its competitors.
EAZ LIFT RV Patio Supports
Most Stable. A good motorhome needs to have a stable patio, and these EAZ LIFT RV Patio Supports offer precisely that by keeping everything up and steady. These RV patio stabilizers have broad and rugged top panels that offer a safe resting place for your patio frame to prevent vibrations when stepped on.
They are quick lift jacks that are easy to install and operate, with the panels being raised by simply turning the swivel handle. Moreover, these jack stands for camper trailers have a smooth powder zinc finish that repels water and mud and is also rust-proof. They’ve got a 2,000 lb capacity and 48-inch height, making them one of the best jack stands for camper trailer patios on the market.
- Despite everything it offers, these jack stands are still budget-friendly.
- Installing and using these jack stands is a piece of cake.
- They can repel water and are rustproof.
- Some people find the base too small for them.
Sunex 10-Ton Heavy-Duty Jack Stands
Going big is the safest bet when buying a jack stand for RV, and these Sunex 10-Ton Heavy-Duty Jack Stands are among the best on the market. The entire frame is robust, with a strong saddle on top of the base to provide better support for the pull pin to prevent cranking. They have high V-shaped bases that ensure maximum stability when used. Furthermore, their bottom pads are round and flattened to prevent sinking when in use.
These jack stands are versatile, with a maximum height of 46.5 inches plus 9 height adjustment options which is a lifesaver when parking on rugged terrain. Additionally, the entire frame is heavily welded and reinforced to ensure the durability of the stabilizers. The top panels are also U-shaped to secure the frame of your RV when mounted. For more information about these jack stands, check out their official product page!
- This jack stand for the camper is one of the best options for parking on rugged terrain.
- The V-shaped bases ensure maximum stability.
- Ensuring durability, this jack stand is rustproof!
- Some people think the middle shaft is a bit too short.
TCE 10-Ton Heavy Duty Steel Jack Stands
Best Value for Money. The best jack stand for RV needs to withstand the full load you can bring on board, and the TCE 10-Ton Heavy Duty Steel Jack Stands are built for the heaviest loads. The robust frame on these stands ensures the vehicle’s stability for as long as they are engaged, eliminating cranking.
Better yet, these jack stands come as a pair, each carrying a 10-ton capacity, which means you can use them to secure any side of your RV. The double wedging on the frame helps the stands stay more stable. Moreover, the top panel is U-shaped to hold securely onto any RV frame without denting. The bottom pads are also rounded to prevent sinking when under heavy load.
- The heavy-duty frame provides unmatched durability and longevity.
- The heavy-duty loading pins allow you to adjust the height easily.
- They’re arguably one of the most popular options on the market.
- Unfortunately, they don’t have an easy-lift option.
What do you think of the jack stands above? They’re fantastic, aren’t they? Thanks to them, you can park your RV safely and have a more stable walking surface! Even Tiny r(E)evolution agrees! However, we have to admit that some of our picks are better than the others in some departments. Please take a look at our favorites below!
- Best Value for Money: TCE 10-Ton Heavy Duty Steel Jack Stands
- Most Stable: EAZ LIFT RV Patio Supports
- Most Popular: Camco Olympian Jack Stand
- Best for Slide Outs: WEIZE Heavy Duty Slide Out Supports
How To Choose The Best Jack Stands For RV
It is important to consider the ground where you pack your motorhome and the design/weight of the camper before choosing a perfectly matched jack stand. Having a pull pin for double locking and easy lifting for convenience are the other basics for any jack stand for an RV. Here are other factors to consider when buying a jack stand for camper trailers.
Jack stands need to eliminate rocking and cranking, which means their bases have to be wide enough to stay level and stable when installed. The jack stand should also have a wide panel at the top for the frame to rest on and an option to lock everything securely in place.
You should always go for robust jack stands with as much steel welded to the frame as possible. The weight of the stabilizer is always the first indicator of the quality of the material used. The finish on jack stabilizers for RVs is mostly aluminum or zinc powder which resists rusting. Zinc is better than aluminum as it offers better protection.
RVs are heavy, and the best jack stands should be well suited to carry the vehicle and the load on board. Jack stands for RVs that need to be used alongside the tires to carry the maximum capacity without being overwhelmed. The recommended weight capacity for a stabilizer is at least half that of the vehicle unless you plan on securing light extensions such as patios.
Can You Lift An RV With Levelling Jacks?
No. Leveling jacks are only meant to carry the weight after the vehicle is lifted using a floor jack.
How Much Weight Can RV Jacks Hold?
RV jacks have different capacities depending on the quality of the frame they have. They can carry anywhere from 5,000 lbs (2.5 tons) to 20,000 lbs (10 tons). The one you choose should be rated at least half the weight of your vehicle.
Should RV Tires Be Off The Ground?
No. RV tires stay on the ground when jack stands are deployed for safety as they still carry some of the vehicle’s weight. To reduce the impact of the elements on the tires, you should add RV covers that offer extra shade for the entire car body.