The hamstrings are a large muscle group in your leg that you rely on when doing a lot of exercises. Sometimes, they get seriously injured or even become a bit sore due to inappropriate movement or intense exercise. When they get injured, it becomes difficult to perform many exercises because they’re some of the main muscles from where many leg movements are initiated. That’s why you need a massager for hamstrings.
In this list, you’ll find your best massage for hamstring strain to deal with this kind of pain or muscle soreness. These massagers have different working techniques, some manual and others electric. So, check out the list below to choose the best massager for the hamstrings now.
Table of contents
- WODFitters TPin Body Roller
- HellaRoller Muscle Roller Wheel
- URBNFit Muscle Roller
- Hyperice Hypervolt GO
- CINCOM Rechargeable Leg Massager
- Theragun Elite Massage Gun
- Fusion Black Pro Muscle Massage Gun
- Reathlete Leg Massager
- Posture Magic Massage Ball Set
- TriggerPoint Foam Massage Ball
- Yansyi Muscle Roller Stick
- Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun
- RENPHO Leg Massager
- How To Choose The Best Massagers for Hamstrings?
- Who should use a massager for hamstrings?
- When should I apply a hamstring massage?
- Are there any precautions for using hamstring massagers?
WODFitters TPin Body Roller
The WODFitters TPin Body Roller is our first choice for those looking for a massager for a hamstring strain. It’s an effective and portable choice many people will go for if they want to have a quick massage anywhere. As stated on the official product page, it doesn’t need any electricity or batteries to operate, so it’s one of the most practical options ever. You can put it inside your bag and get a nice massage after working out or at work.
As for functionality, the massager is a roller you place under the targeted point. Since we are talking about hamstrings, place this massager under your hamstrings and move slightly up and down. You’ll feel the pain at first, and then the muscle soreness will get relieved. Apply this simple massage daily, and you’ll feel the difference.
- Many people love its lightweight and portable design.
- As a popular massager for hamstrings, it’s easy to use.
- It can be used for different body parts.
- Some people find this massager not as soft as advertised.
HellaRoller Muscle Roller Wheel
The HellaRoller Muscle Roller Wheel is another roller, but it’s designed to look like a wheel. The massager is simply two wheels attached together where you lay over them with your hamstrings and roll back and forth to release muscle tension. You might choose from three types, a standard roller, a rocky roller, or a precision roller. Each one is intended to provide a different massage intensity.
You might find this wheel design in many massagers. However, HellaRoller is different because it’s very durable and flexible at the same time. The roller can carry up to 300 lbs, and on the other side, it’s expandable to be used as a massager for the back as well.
- This innovative massager is expandable and flexible.
- We think its durability is one of the best.
- There are three different wheel types to choose from.
- It’s a little bit pricey considering it’s a manual massager.
URBNFit Muscle Roller
Best Budget. Whether your problem is hamstring strain or just cellulite that we all hate, the URBNFit Muscle Roller can solve both problems. This simple roller massager for hamstrings is the best value-for-money option you can get for hamstrings and the cheapest as well. It has six independent rollers with multiple trigger points to release the knots when rolled over your hamstrings.
Holding this massager is easy thanks to the comfortable grip on both sides of the massager. Yet, it’s difficult to do a hamstring massage on your own, so you’ll always need help to use this roller. You might use this roller for all body parts as well. Hence, it’s a great investment, especially for athletes.
- This high-quality product is reasonably priced.
- It can be used for different purposes.
- It’s also recommended by therapists.
- Using this roller on your own might be challenging.
Hyperice Hypervolt GO
Next, we have a massager gun and actually one of the best massager guns you’ll ever find. The Hyperice Hypervolt GO is a small massager with two heads you might switch between. The larger one is very suitable for a hamstring massage as it’s wide and not too pointed so that it won’t harm your legs.
Travelers, in particular, love this massager because it’s TSA-approved. However, it doesn’t come with a case or a storage bag, so you need to find one. Apart from that, the massager is lightweight and easy to handle. Its arm has a slight angle for a comfortable grip. Not to forget the additional adapters it come with to suit a worldwide traveler. For more information about this product, click here!
- It can be used anywhere on the body.
- Perfect for travelers, this massager is TSA-approved.
- It also comes with additional adapters.
- Unfortunately, it has no control features.
CINCOM Rechargeable Leg Massager
Having pain in one of your legs and need a quick massage right now? The CINCOM Rechargeable Leg Massager is one of the best massage for hamstring strain that relieves pain in minutes. It’s easily applied just by covering your hamstring with this airbag massager and using one of the three intensities to get a nice soothing massage. Don’t forget to choose one of the three modes, and if you need a break, just hit the pause button on the controller.
Although this massager for hamstrings is a very practical option, some people think it’s expensive considering the fact that it can be applied to one leg only at a time. This might be the only con we have found so far; rather than this, the massager is perfect for treating hamstring pain and muscle knots. It’s also expandable to suit different people of different leg sizes.
- This amazing item features different modes and intensities.
- Thanks to Velcro, you can adjust the size effortlessly.
- It can run for up to three hours when fully charged.
- Some people think it’s a bit pricey for a one-leg massager.
Theragun Elite Massage Gun
Need a high-quality, professional massage for hamstring strain regardless of how much it costs? Then the Theragun Elite Massage Gun is a great tool you should consider. This brand has a lot to say, considering massage tools, especially massager guns for large muscle groups such as the hamstrings. The massager is so professional and one of the most preferred options for athletes.
Starting from its unique design, this massager for hamstrings has a triangle design for a more comfortable grip. It has different head replacements to use the suitable one on the suitable body part. Moreover, it has a mobile application that you download to track your massage sessions and organize things on this app. And if you hate noise, this massager is for you. It doesn’t produce a lot of noise.
- Unlike some massage guns on the market, this one isn’t noisy at all.
- It comes with a super comfortable grip, so you can hold it without discomfort.
- It allows you to have a personalized routine.
- It’s extremely pricey compared to other options out there.
Fusion Black Pro Muscle Massage Gun
The Fusion Black Pro Muscle Massage Gun has a lot of options to choose from according to how intense you need your massage. With 20 intensity levels, you have got a lot to play around with. Further, it isn’t an expensive massager considering the power and replacement heads it has. The motor is also powerful, so you’re paying for something truly worth it.
Furthermore, the battery has a decent life that allows for a complete massage for hamstring strain on both legs. One thing only annoyed some buyers when they opted for the Fusion massager gun. The grip is slightly thick and difficult to hold for some people. Rather than this, this massager is worth every penny.
- Perfect for everyone, it has 20 intensity levels to choose from.
- Many people love its powerful motor and amazing battery life.
- Its ergonomic and lightweight design allows it to be your perfect travel companion.
- According to some customers, the grip isn’t the most comfortable.
Reathlete Leg Massager
Next is the Reathlete Leg Massager, available in different designs, and the one in the picture below is the most suitable one for a massage for a hamstring strain. The massager wraps around your legs from the upper part to the toes. Thus, you’ll enjoy a full-leg massage using pressure and heat at the same time.
There are four modes and three different intensities for controlling the different features. You also need to tightly adjust the massager around your leg to feel the compression. This might be a hassle for some people, but the result will be satisfying. The massager comes with a handbag to easily store it inside when you’re done, so you don’t miss any part.
- It’s one of the most popular massagers on the market.
- We appreciate that it comes complete with a travel bag.
- It’s backed by an exclusive one-year warranty!
- Some people feel it’s a hassle to adjust the massager.
Posture Magic Massage Ball Set
This isn’t a single device or tool to relieve hamstring strain; it’s actually a set of tools or balls for this reason. The Posture Magic Massage Ball Set includes six balls of different textures, sizes, and designs for a whole massage session. Since we’re only interested in the hamstring massage, we’ll focus on those balls suitable for hamstring massage. In fact, you can use all of them! Each will give a different feeling.
Foam balls are soft, whereas rubber one is stiffer. Also, the peanut ball is better when it comes to large muscles. Thus, you really need to try them all. How about combining two or more balls in a single massage session? This will be perfect. What’s more, the balls are lightweight and easy to store or carry wherever you go. So, they’re a perfect deal anyways.
- This product is available in a set of six balls.
- It’s lightweight and portable, so you can carry it around easily.
- It can be used for the whole body.
- While it’s good that it has six balls, you might not need all of them.
TriggerPoint Foam Massage Ball
Best for Travel. The TriggerPoint Foam Massage Ball is a different option from most of the other hamstring massagers. This massager for hamstrings is a ball that provides a soft massage instead of deep tissue massages offered by massager guns. Hence, you have all the options included in this list, and you ought to choose whatever meets your needs.
The ball is available in two sizes, and both can be used for hamstrings. Yet, the larger ball is better used for the back, while the small ball targets specific points in the hamstrings. Made of foam, this ball is lightweight and flexible. It’s a good option for on-the-go massage for a hamstring strain. Don’t believe us? Take a look at what the Garage Gym Reviews have to say about this massage ball!
- Available in two sizes, but both are compact.
- Aside from being small, it’s also ridiculously lightweight.
- Its body is designed to be slip-resistant.
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t provide a very deep massage.
Yansyi Muscle Roller Stick
Best Value for Money. Apart from balls and guns, sticks or rollers are great massagers if you want a self-massage for hamstring strain that is also deep and effective. The Yansyi Muscle Roller Stick is a simple tool that consists of a metal rod with some rollers around this rod. These will roll over your hamstrings triggering the tissues and relaxing your muscles.
To use this stick, you’ll need someone to help you as it should be held from both sides of the stick and rolled over the body. Thus, it’s difficult to self-massage your hamstrings with this stick. On top of all, it’s a very cheap option for those willing to save a lot but want to enjoy a deep massage.
- One of the main reasons it’s so popular is its ridiculously cheap price.
- Despite its design, it can give you a deep massage.
- This roller stick is lightweight and portable.
- When it comes to durability, it isn’t the best option.
Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun
The Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun is a trustworthy massager gun with a lifetime warranty for a once-in-a-lifetime product. It’s a professional massager gun for bodybuilders and one of the top preferable options. The massager offers percussion massage for hamstring strain using one of the eight heads. Each has something different to offer, so you should read more about the heads before using them.
As for operation, this hamstrings massager can work up to six hours continuously. This is more than enough for a deep tissue massage for the hams. Also, there are five different intensity levels. Hence, you might choose how powerful you want your massage. The massager comes with a nice case for storage as well.
- This massager is backed by a lifetime warranty.
- Its battery life is worth praising!
- This product is built to last.
- Sadly, it’s a bit bulky compared to others.
RENPHO Leg Massager
Best Full-Leg Massager. The last product we’re introducing here is the RENPHO Leg Massager. This massager is another full-leg massaging device that applies gentle or tough compressions and heat to all of your legs. However, it’s better than other leg massagers because the hamstring’s part is separated. So, there are no hindrances to the movement. Switch between the six different modes and intensity levels to choose the most suitable massage for your legs.
Aside from that, the massager for hamstrings isn’t bulky as you might expect. It’s packable and easy to transport, plus it comes with a storage bag. Also, it’s adjustable as it includes a velcro strap that adjusts the wrap around anyone’s thighs so the whole family can use it. And the price point can’t be ignored.
- It’s designed to massage and soothe your entire legs.
- Separate parts for the hams.
- Perfect for travelers, it comes with a travel bag.
- We find the cord connecting the controller to be a bit short.
What do you think of our picks? They’re pretty great, aren’t they? Whether you need a full-leg massager or a compact massager for travel, you’ll definitely find one that suits you well. But if you need help choosing which one to get, we’ve prepared our favorites based on some criteria!
- Best Full-Leg Massager: RENPHO Leg Massager
- Best Value for Money: Yansyi Muscle Roller Stick
- Best for Travel: TriggerPoint Foam Massage Ball
- Best Budget: URBNFit Muscle Roller
How To Choose The Best Massagers for Hamstrings?
Doing a massage to reduce hamstring strain needs a professional tool to get the most out of it. However, you don’t have to pay that much for a hamstring massager. There are a lot of options with different techniques and designs. Below, you’ll know the important features to check when buying a massager for hamstrings.
There are different tools for hamstring massagers. You may choose a simple roller or ball if you need a quick massage with medium effects. Yet, it requires some effort from your side to roll over the ball or the stick. Alternatively, you can go for massager guns for a more professional deep massage. Or, leg massagers for the whole leg apply compressions and heat.
According to the massager tool you choose, you’ll get a certain effect. For example, deep tissue massages need something precise and powerful as a massage gun. On the other side, people with injuries or medical conditions shouldn’t use guns or ridged balls. A roller will be perfect, for everyday massage and it’s also the cheapest of all.
If you want a massager tool in your bag, go for a ball or roller without hesitation. Alternatively, if the size doesn’t matter, full-leg massagers are good, and there are options with storage bags or carry cases. As for massage guns, always go for lightweight ones because they’re also easier to carry and use.
Who should use a massager for hamstrings?
Anyone can use a hamstring massager; it just depends on the case. Home massager tools are easy to use and almost safe for all people.
When should I apply a hamstring massage?
You might use your hamstring massager at any time during the day, whether before or after working out, after a long day outside, or even while resting.
Are there any precautions for using hamstring massagers?
As long as you’re following the instructions of each tool, the massagers shouldn’t be a problem. Also, you need to check with your doctor if you have any injuries or special medical conditions.