Although the camper van does not offer that spacious kitchen we have back at home, we can still have the option to have an oven packed in our RV to satisfy our inner chef soul on serving good food. We are aware that it is one of the main things that will make us feel happy and content. Thus, we are here to show you the best oven for camper van options, including gas ones, that are not only small and versatile but are also suitable for campervan/van life. Using them, you can cook amazing food outdoors while at a campsite. So, you will have the option to serve good food, whether for your personal dinner or to share other RVers with ovens that fit your RV! Speak no more, and let’s have a look at the list below!
Table of contents
- HOTLOGIC Mini Portable Oven
- Aotto Portable Oven
- Breville Smart Oven
- Galanz Retro Microwave Oven
- Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven
- Cuisineart CPO-600 Portable Pizza Oven
- Nuwave Bravo XL Convection Oven
- Coleman Camp Oven
- Panasonic HomeChef 7-in-1 Compact Oven
- GOSUN Sport Solar Oven
- Oster Convection Oven
- Omnia Kit 1, Ultimate Starter Kit Recreational Oven
- Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven
- Our Verdict!
- How to Choose the Best Oven for Camper Van
- How big is a typical RV Oven
- Can you bake in a van?
- Can you use a convection oven in a camper?
HOTLOGIC Mini Portable Oven
The first oven for a camper van that we would like to recommend is HOTLOGIC Mini Portable Oven. It is easy to carry and works as an oven and food warmer. You will not need to worry about having a burnt meal also because this oven has heating elements that will cook your food and keep it at a stable temperature afterward for hours. Moreover, it works for frozen food too! So, for those who like instant food, you can place it inside and let the oven work its way to cook it evenly.
In terms of sizing, for an oven for van life, this Hotlogic mini portable oven doesn’t take up much space at all. It even looks like your lunch bag in a bigger size! You can place it back in your RV kitchen or keep it near your driver’s seat if you want to check your food easily. Anywhere that is convenient and, of course, has an electricity source to plug it.
- It saves your van battery as it only requires 12v electricity.
- It comes in 8 different eye-catching colors.
- It works with most flat food container materials.
- It is not suitable for raw meat and baking.
Aotto Portable Oven
This is a larger portable oven for camper van size with a shoulder strap that will allow you to carry this in outdoor camping activities without a hassle! The Aotto Portable Oven allows you to cook or reheat instant food or your leftovers from last night and can also cook raw meat. With only a minimum of 70 minutes time, you can have your raw meat ready to be served as delicious steak on your camping day. Of course, you can always keep your food inside without having to worry that it will become dry or bland.
For those who lean towards healthy food, Aotto portable oven also ensures that its heating elements will not break the nutrition in your food, even when you leave it idle inside the oven for hours. It will maintain the taste of your food until you are ready to serve it. And don’t be surprised that when you open the lid later, your food will still have that delicious smell, just like freshly baked in the oven.
- It is a perfect gift for everyone.
- It has 3 different volt connectors for van and home usage.
- It has a front pocket to bring utensils along.
- It is not suitable for baking.
Breville Smart Oven
Are you looking for a smart countertop oven that is versatile and performs well for your RV trip? Breville Smart Oven may be the suitable oven for van life that will complete your RV kitchen equipment. Packed with 10 different functions, this oven can surely do many things. From cooking, baking, and roasting to making that delicious pizza for your camping trip, this oven can surely serve you a complete dish even on the road.
Its convection setting will also allow you to cook in a shorter period of time. So you can say goodbye to those long waiting hours to have your food ready! As an oven for a camper van, it surely comes with a decent dimension allowing you to cook more quantity at once. And that would mean that more portions are available during your camping gathering!
- It is equipped with integrated lights that make it easier to check your food.
- It can also reheat and warm your leftover food in no time.
- The LCD display provides easy access to choose the function you need.
- There is a time limit for the automatic cooking timer, which needs to be reset after a certain time.
Galanz Retro Microwave Oven
The first thing that catches my attention about this oven is that it comes with those soft, cute pastel colors! Like its name, Galanz Retro Microwave Oven is an oven for a camper van and a microwave. The Retro style is surely presented on its slender body with curves and a retro look. Hence, it will make your RV kitchen look more stylish and chick with a fully functional oven.
As an oven, you can do baking or roast with an automatic timer that will ensure the correct timing for your food. And as a microwave, Galanz Retro Microwave Oven can surely reheat your food quickly. If you have children on your trip, you don’t have to worry that they may accidentally pull it open because Galanz comes with a safety child lock. Therefore, it will guarantee your child’s safety during cooking time.
- It is equipped with turntables that can rotate 360 degrees, so you will have evenly cooked food.
- It comes in 700 wattage electricity which is lower power consumption.
- It has a display that is easy to read to check the cooking time.
- With smaller dimensions, it may be inadequate to cook large food size.
Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven
Who doesn’t love a great deal of pizza during a camping trip? Now you can easily make your own pizza using Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven. It is a handy, fast burner; thus, it doesn’t take much time to reach the correct temperature to bake your pizza. And within minutes, your pizza will be ready to serve.
Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven is highly portable so you won’t have any issues carrying it during your trip. You can place it outdoors wherever you like, and also, if you don’t have time or energy to carry some wood along, this oven can also be used using a portable gas. So now you have options for which burner you would like to use. You can also check out a review from Got2EatPizza on YouTube on this oven!
- The design is custom and made with a system where there will be no ashes to clean.
- It is highly versatile for a pizza oven.
- It is perfect as a gift.
- The price is quite high.
Cuisineart CPO-600 Portable Pizza Oven
Another oven for camper van option that is specialized in pizza making is Cuisineart CPO-600 Portable Pizza Oven. Packaged with an adaptor hose, this portable pizza oven is easy to use and bring on your trip. With its compact size, carrying it around to be placed in your RV kitchen or to have outdoor cooking is no longer a problem.
The space inside this Cuisineart CPO-600 Portable oven is designed to accommodate a wide range of pizza sizes. You can now have your pizza in personal size for yourself or a large one to share while camping outside under a clear sky. Don’t forget to get yourself a range of the best outdoor mats for RV camping to complete your outdoor camping experience!
- This oven can cook pizza in just a minimum of 5 minutes’ time!
- It is easy to clean, and also it takes no time to assemble it in the first place.
- The adaptor hose will allow you to have longer grilling time with less propane usage
- You may need extra propane to keep the temperature steady
Nuwave Bravo XL Convection Oven
If you are looking for an oven that has the ability to ensure that your food is cooked thoroughly, Nuwave Bravo XL Convection Oven can be your choice of the day. Designed with an elegant look, this oven will suit your RV kitchen well. Moreover, as an oven for a camper van, it also comes with digital controllers. It will simplify your cooking since you will be able to set up the timers or adjust them accordingly while the food is inside to ensure that it cooks properly.
Nuwave Bravo XL Convection Oven is also constructed with a dual heat zone where it will have a stable bottom heat and on top, so if you are making your own pizza, it will deliver that crispy crust as well as perfectly cooked toppings. Its integrated thermometer will also monitor your food, such as meat or chicken, to ensure that the inside is cooked without having to take it out and check it manually.
- It is equipped with 4 racks that can be used together at one time.
- It has memory slots where you can save your recipes!
- It is made with 12 cooking presets ranging from baking and reheating to many more.
- It is not suitable for outdoor cooking.
Coleman Camp Oven
Parking your RV on a campsite and spending a calm night over are options that Rvers may have during their trip. Sometimes, instead of having a heavy meal, you may just want to enjoy your night with snacks and comfortable pull-out couches. Check out here for some pull-out couches that you may love that will be compatible while preparing your food with Coleman Camp Oven.
This oven for van life is well made for outdoor cooking. Place it on the propane stove. You will be able to cook your treats or keep food warm inside while doing something else. It has space for several racks altogether at one time as well, so you can put in different layers of food and cook or warm it together. Also, check out this review from Tim & Shannon on Youtube for more details!
- It is very convenient to carry.
- Designed with aluminum material that is easy to clean.
- It is equipped with a thermometer that is easy to read.
- It does not accommodate grilling food.
Panasonic HomeChef 7-in-1 Compact Oven
As the name of this oven represents, Panasonic HomeChef 7-in-1 Compact Oven will make you feel like a home chef even when you are on your camper van trip. This oven for van life is designed with 7 cooking functions from preparation to delivering amazing results. Moreover, not only is it able to do normal cooking or baking, you can even steam food or do air-fry cooking with this oven.
Panasonic HomeChef 7-in-1 Compact Oven is also equipped with sanitizing functions. You can place the temperature just right to clean off your oven cavity or sanitize your dining utensils. You can easily clean the interior by wiping it with a clean cloth once the temperature cools down after cooking. No doubt, you will have healthier and fresher food to serve.
- Its design accommodates 2 racks with a convection and steam system to allocate heat evenly.
- The LED display makes it easy to operate the oven.
- It comes with every 2 trays and racks.
- Read full specifications on Panasonic Kitchen’s official website.
- It cost quite high in price.
GOSUN Sport Solar Oven
Most Environmentally Friendly. GOSUN Sport Solar Oven is known for its design, where it collects solar energy using the reflector and turns it into an effective cooking oven. You can place your food in the chamber and set it to cook. No monitoring is needed, and no need to worry that your food will lose nutrients if it is cooked too long. GOSUN Sport Solar Oven has a 360 degrees cooking method that will keep your food’s flavor and nutrients intact.
The next thing this oven for a camper van is good about is that it has a compact design and is highly portable. It’ll suit you well for your outdoor camping activities. If you are a fan of solar energy, you may get solar lanterns for camping too. Leave it side by side with the solar oven to charge under the sun, and after a while, you will have delicious cooked food and ready-to-use lanterns for nighttime.
- It comes with insulation layers that make it safe from fire hazards.
- Your food can be cooked in a minimum of 20 minutes.
- It comes with 2 years manufacturer warranty.
- It may be tricky to use at times when there is less sunlight or heat.
Oster Convection Oven
Best Value For Money. Are you looking for an oven for a camper van that gives the best value for money? Oster Convection Oven is the answer. It offers you flexibility in cooking with its double racks and allows you to cook up to 2 large pizzas at one time. Moreover, it has 8 valuable functions in 1 oven that will make your cooking experience more enjoyable. And, of course, on top of that, Oster Convection Oven’s price is pocket-friendly and worth buying.
Crafted in a modern design with stainless steel look, Oster Convection Oven is fully controlled digitally, where you can set up cooking time and temperature easily. You won’t need to worry about having overcooked food because this oven has an automatic timer that will turn off immediately after 90 minutes. Practical, convenient, and, again, the best price in its class.
- It has Turbo Convection technology to circulate heat for thorough cooking.
- The interior is equipped with lights to check on food without opening it.
- The single-door pulling system opens both doors easily.
- It requires quite a high wattage for power.
Omnia Kit 1, Ultimate Starter Kit Recreational Oven
Most Compact. Say hello to the most compact oven for your RV trip. Omnia Kit 1, Ultimate Starter Kit Recreational Oven, is the best choice for your Rv kitchen set on the road. It is compact, lightweight, and a perfect match for your stovetop kitchen. Omnia oven consists of 3 parts of the pan, oven base, as well as a sleek lid. These 3 combinations ensure that the heat goes around from the bottom and from the top. Hence, ensuring that your cooking comes in good results.
What’s interesting about purchasing from Omnia is that they have a community where you can join and share recipes with others. You may get plenty of inspiration by joining this community and also get a sneak peek of new recipes every day. So not only will you have the compact oven for van life, but you will also enjoy a new experience from the Omnia community itself.
- It is very easy to clean.
- It can be used to steam food, thus, serving healthier dishes.
- No installation is needed to set it up.
- It is not suitable for an induction hob.
Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven
Most Functional. Last but never least, here is the most functional oven for a camper van and your camping trip. Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven offers you a wide range of cooking abilities, from sweet and savory treats to heavy meals. It is like having your own home kitchen in a more portable way to carry during your RV trip. it is perfect for outdoor and indoor cooking, and it is powered by gas, so you will save more on your battery power.
If you love to cook a set menu from appetizer to main course, you will need longer time to cook, and this oven can hold up to 7 hours of heat for your cooking. Thus giving your home cooking experience in road trip sessions. Definitely a useful oven for van life that will satisfy your RV and camping trip.
- It uses stainless steel material which can insulate heat thoroughly.
- Designed with nonstick enamel that makes it super easy to clean after cooking.
- The 2 burners on top can be used at the same time while cooking in the oven.
- You may need to acquire another thermometer for a temperature check.
Choosing the best of the best from a range of oven choices that are available out there may be a little tricky, especially when there are plenty of functionalities offered that can satisfy your cooking experience. Thus, here are the narrow-down options that you may consider among the 13 lists we have presented above.
- Most Environmentally Friendly: Gosun Sport Solar Oven
- Best Value for Money: Oster Convection Oven
- Most Compact: Omnia Kit 1, Ultimate Starter Kit Recreational Oven
- Most Functional: Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven
How to Choose the Best Oven for Camper Van
You need to consider certain features when choosing the best oven for a camper van that will suit you best. Let’s take a look at those key features below!
The different oven comes with different function and specification. Whether it is purely to bake goods, cook meals, steam, or even just reheat food. There are ovens that come with many functions, and there are others that only serve one specific function. In order to choose the right one, you need to consider what functions you want to have in your oven.
As we all know, space is limited in a camper van, and you must ensure that your choice of oven will fit into your RV kitchen space. You need to consider getting a more compact oven so that you won’t lose much space in your camper van.
One of the considerations in choosing an oven for van life other than compact size is portability. Especially if you are an outdoor person who loves having outdoor activities, including cooking. Your oven needs to be portable, so you will easily carry it outside and set it up in no time.
How big is a typical RV Oven
To be able to fit into the limited RV space, an oven should not be more than 21 inches wide and 11 inches high. That is already the maximum number that would conveniently fit into your camper van space.
Can you bake in a van?
Definitely! A camper van oven is here to accommodate your baking necessity and to help you provide the treats that you love. Anyhow, what’s a camper van trip without baking good served in between?
Can you use a convection oven in a camper?
A convection oven is generally one of the best options you want to consider when getting an oven for a camper van. It is functional and effective, and it allows you to cook faster to get the meal served in an instant.