Keeping your dog happy is a must. However, another thing that’s just as important, if not more, is keeping them healthy! That’s why feeding your pooch a nutritious diet should be your number one responsibility as a pet owner. But getting the right dog food isn’t easy, especially if you travel a lot with your dog. No matter how healthy the food is, it’s useless if your dog doesn’t like how it tastes. This is why we want to recommend you the best Petco dog food. As you may already know, Petco is one of the leading companies that provide pet supplies, including pet food. Its collection of dog food never disappoints, and countless pet owners have purchased the ones on this list. You can rest assured that their dogs also love them! Keep scrolling and decide which food you should give your fido!
Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food
Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food, a sought-after dry food that is super nourishing, kicks off this list. As you can see from the picture below, this product is good for sensitive stomachs and skin. Its prebiotic fiber greatly improves your dog’s digestive system, while Vitamin E and Omega-6 can nourish your dog’s skin.
As the best Petco dog food, we should also mention that it’s made with natural ingredients only. So, you don’t have to worry about GMOs, corn, and other dangerous ingredients. In fact, this food is also recommended by many professional vets! Considering its quality and popularity, you shouldn’t think twice about getting your pooch this food!
- It’s available in many flavors, and they’re all popular among dogs.
- There are several sizes to choose from, so you can get a smaller one if you want to give it a try.
- The perfect option for dogs with sensitive stomachs and who vomit a lot.
- Unfortunately, some people think this food is too expensive.
The Honest Kitchen Grain-Free Turkey Recipe Dry Food
Getting The Honest Kitchen Grain-Free Turkey Recipe Dry Food is a good call for those who don’t want to compromise with quality. The thing with this food is that it’s made using the whole food ingredients most people are familiar with, and they’re made in a human food facility as well. That way, you can rest assured that everything that goes into your dog’s mouth is of high quality.
In addition to that, preparing this food is a piece of cake. All you have to do is to add warm water, wait for three minutes, and your pooch is free to finish everything! Also, we love that this food is suitable for both puppies and adult dogs, so you don’t have to get two different products for your dogs.
- It’s made with real whole-food ingredients. Think of spinach, coconuts, cage-free turkey, and others.
- As the best Petco dog food, it contains no GMO ingredients, preservatives, and other harmful substances.
- While the Turkey variant is popular, the Beef, Chicken, and Fish flavors are worth trying as well.
- It’s so popular that it’s often out of stock. So, grab it fast!
Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites for Adult Dogs
If you have a one-year-old or older pooch, you should consider getting the Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites for Adult Dogs! As we all know, not all dogs love munching huge kibble. Thus, this product is the perfect solution. As the name suggests, this dry food offers your dog small bites, which is perfect if they love smaller kibble.
Furthermore, this dog food is super healthy. It can increase your furry friend’s immunity by providing them with enough antioxidants and natural fiber. Even better, it’s made with zero GMO ingredients! High in protein, it can also help strengthen your fido’s muscles and bones so it can go hiking with you. By the way, have you read our list of the best hiking backpacks for dogs?
- As the best Petco dog food, it doesn’t contain GMO ingredients.
- Because of its size, mixing it with wet food is super easy.
- Many dog owners have been feeding their dogs with this food for years.
- Unfortunately, this food isn’t formulated for puppies.
Blue Buffalo Blue Life Protection Formula with LifeSource Bits
Are you looking for the best Petco dog food that’s both yummy and nutritious? Look no further than the Blue Buffalo Blue Life Protection Formula with LifeSource Bits! As one of Petco’s bestsellers, this food is available in several flavors. You can rest assured that all of them are loved by dogs! You don’t have to worry, though, as it contains no preservatives or artificial flavors.
One of this food’s biggest highlights is the fact that it features real meat as the main ingredient. Many pet owners love that it has all the important proteins and carbs your pooch needs to stay energized. And most importantly, unlike some pet food out there, this one doesn’t smell bad at all!
- This dog food can supports your dog’s muscle development and strengthens the bones and teeth.
- It’s one of the most trusted products, as it’s recommended by many professional vets.
- Lucky for you, this food doesn’t stink!
- This food can have many small bits, which can be a bit messy and hard to clean.
Purina Pro Plan Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Dry Dog Food
Another popular option on this list that won’t disappoint is the Purina Pro Plan Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Dry Dog Food. With real chicken as its main ingredient, this high-protein dry food will surely be your dog’s favorite. With the perfect combination of hard kibble and shredded pieces, we’re sure every pooch will love its texture.
Moreover, this best Petco dog food also has live probiotics, meaning it’s great for your four-legged buddy’s digestive and immune systems. In addition, many pet owners keep repurchasing this food as it nourishes their dog’s skin and coat. Who can say no to this product?
- Thanks to its high-protein formula, Vitamin A, and Omega-6, this food can maintain your dog’s ideal body condition.
- The texture of this food is loved by most dogs.
- It’s one of the more popular options at Petco.
- According to some pet owners, this food makes their furry friends poop a lot! Make sure you always have your eco-friendly dog poop bag with you!
WholeHearted Grain Free Dry Food for Dogs
When it comes to the best Petco dog food, everyone will have their own favorite option. However, we think everyone can agree that WholeHearted Grain Free Dry Food for Dogs is the most popular one! One of the biggest reasons behind its soaring popularity is the fact that it’s suitable for dogs of all ages. Whether you have a senior dog that loves to spend its day on its dog bed or a puppy that loves playing with a dog toy, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Apart from that, pet owners love how nutritious this dog food is. It contains Omega-3, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins that your pooch needs. As the name suggests, this product is also grain-free. Not to mention, its irresistible flavor will leave your favorite animal wanting more!
- Aside from being grain-free, this dog food doesn’t contain corn, wheat, and soy as well.
- Consuming this food is good for your dog’s digestion.
- While the Beef flavor is the best-selling one, the Chicken variant is delicious as well!
- Though not a deal-breaker, you should note that the bag isn’t resealable. So, make sure you have a container.
How To Choose The Best Petco Dog Food
Choosing the right dog food and dog treats may seem easy, but it’s not as simple as you think. Here are some important things you should always keep in mind!
When choosing the best Petco dog food, you must ensure that they’re made with natural ingredients. Trust us; you’ll never want to feed your pooch something with plenty of sugar and fat. We highly recommend getting something high in protein to support your dog’s muscles and digestive system.
Not all dog food is versatile and suitable for all kinds of dogs. If you have a senior dog, you may want to go for wet food or something softer and easier to chew. But if your dog is healthy and active, feel free to give them harder food as they can also help maintain their oral health.
Another important thing to consider is your dog’s age. Some dog food is specially formulated for puppies, and others are only for adult dogs. We never recommend giving puppy food to adult dogs, and vice versa.
Does Petco make its own dog food?
Some of the options at Petco are from other brands. However, Petco also has its own dog food in the form of the WholeHearted food line. This product line is affordable, nutritious, and developed by Petco’s nutrition and product experts.
What foods are toxic to dogs?
Never give your dogs onions, garlic, avocados, artificial sweeteners, cooked bones, and macadamia nuts. The list is endless, so make sure you do enough research before feeding your dog.
Are bananas good for dogs?
Yes! Bananas, when given in moderation, are low in calories and can be a great treat for your dog. It’s healthy and also high in vitamins and fiber.
Some images on this article are copyrighted by Petco.