Are you planning to take your beloved RV on an adventure this week? Then you might want to consider grabbing one of the slide out awnings for RVs from the market. A slide-out awning for the camper will help protect your trailer from debris and the elements. It is attached to the slide seal so that you won’t have any dirt or water seeping into your RV. So if you wish for a hygienic environment in your trailer, an awning for the camper slide-out is a must!
However, choosing the best slide-out awning for an RV isn’t easy, especially with so many available options. Luckily, you have us! Below, we’ve curated some of the best alternatives to a slide-out awning for campers. So if you’re looking for an awning for a camper slide-out, then you’ve come to the right place! Without further ado, let’s check out our reviews!
Table of contents
- Dulepax-RV Slide Out Awning
- Suncode RV Slide Topper Awning
- Awnlux RV Awning Fabric
- Solera Slide Topper Protection for RV
- Carefree White Slideout Cover Bracket
- Dometic Polar White Billow Hardware
- Vevor RV Awning Fabric
- Partol RV Awning Shade Screen
- Leaveshade RV Awning Fabric Replacement
- ShadePro RV Slideout Topper
- RecPro RV Slide Out Awning
- Highway 93 RV Slide-Out Topper
- GSParts RV Slide Topper
- Our Verdict!
- How to Choose the Best Slide-Out Awnings for RVs
- Are Slide-Out Awnings Worth It?
- Should RV Slides Be Stored In or Out?
- Do RV Slide Outs Leak?
Dulepax-RV Slide Out Awning
Let’s start this list with something nice. The Dulepax-RV Slide Out Awning is a great product. It comes at a great price and offers fast shipping. Meanwhile, the topper material is pretty decent. We noticed that the construction didn’t leave much to desire, but we haven’t seen any major issues. It’s stitched, and while we have no idea how long it will last, we’re pretty confident that this awning will last long enough against rough weather.
Overall, we’re quite satisfied with this product. Compared to other slide-out awnings for RVs, this one comes in a high-quality fabric. It has a sewn bead on the front, so you won’t have any problems getting it to slide on its track. If you’re interested, this product is now available in white and black.
- The awning was made of high-quality fabric, so it wouldn’t break easily when exposed to the elements
- It only takes around 5 to 10 minutes to install and won’t give you any extra headaches
- The product has passed water resistance testing, making it perfect for use during the rainy season
- Coming with a fairly large dimension, which is great for providing some extra living areas around your camper van
- We think the construction can be improved a little more, especially in terms of durability
Suncode RV Slide Topper Awning
Everything about the Suncode RV Slide Topper Awning is simply amazing. The fabric, the backer, and the roller of them are of high quality. But for better security, we suggest you get some self-tapping screws. Suncode does include some in the package. However, those screws aren’t very high quality, and we did, in fact, break some during the installation process.
Furthermore, there’s an instruction included. We do admit that it’s quite difficult to follow. But with some patience, you should be able to get everything done in less than an hour. In case you encounter some issues while installing this slide-out awning for the camper, Suncode customer service is there for you. Their support is amazing and very helpful. Trust us; check this one out if you can.
Keep the party going, even if you’re at the camping site! Check out our best outdoor speakers for RVs now.
- We love the fact that these awnings operate quietly and don’t make any unwanted noise
- We had no problems with the installation process, even though we weren’t familiar with nuts and bolts before
- The awning is made of tough fabric, more than enough to protect you from rain and sun
- There are plastic plugs included, meaning you don’t have to spend extra cash to get them
- The supplied screws are of poor quality, so you may need to put in some extra effort to get a replacement
Awnlux RV Awning Fabric
Awnlux RV Awning Fabric is another great option for you to consider. It rolls out nicely, and the design looks much prettier than we expected. As for the material, this awning for the camper slide-out is quite sturdy. This thing really surprised us, especially considering its affordable price.
As for the installation process, it took us longer than expected. However, you won’t get faulty screws, poor construction, or anything like that. It’s more about how you read and understand the instructions. But once you get everything done, you’ll get an awesome awning cover in your trailer. It’s well-made and looks awesome. Grab yours while you can.
- Just like the other slide-out awnings for campers on this list, this one is waterproof
- It’s UV resistant, so it’s perfect for protecting you from any harmful radiation
- We appreciate the beautiful design
- The awning is claimed to fit almost any RV, just make sure you measure your vehicle correctly
- The installation process can be a bit of a pain, so make sure you have someone else to help
Solera Slide Topper Protection for RV
If you’re new to a slide-out awning for RV, the Solera Slide Topper Protection for RV will make an excellent choice. The installation process is pretty straightforward. Just make sure you take your time. However, you might want to pay attention to some of our tips though. First, you’ll want to get some butyl tape to cover all the holes. Next, apply the holders to the lowest rail, especially if you have a clearance. This will help you to get all things right.
Overall, we’re quite happy with this awning. It glides on smoothly and manages to protect us from rain, leaves, and pine dust. No need to worry about trash getting into your trailer after camping! If you love traveling with your trailer, these slide-out awnings for RVs are a must-have. Get them while you can!
- It has a solid fabric, which makes it more than suitable for a camping trip
- The installation process is pretty easy; it won’t take you more than 15 minutes
- The awning rolls up smoothly and nicely; just make sure there’s no dirt or debris before you do that
- The included brackets really help with the installation process; there is no need to buy a new one
- It doesn’t come with butyl tapes, so you better prepare yourself
Carefree White Slideout Cover Bracket
The troublesome installation process was one of our biggest problems with a slide-out awning for the camper. Luckily, we found the Carefree White Slideout Cover Bracket. This thing will make your life so much easier. It has four slides, so you’re guaranteed to get the best performance all the time. As for the materials and build quality, they’re pretty good. Apart from that, the shipping process is phenomenal. The package arrived quickly and was well-protected.
There are instructions included, so you shouldn’t have any problems installing this slide-out awning for the camper. Don’t be too hasty. Read everything carefully, and you should be fine. If you want a sturdier mount, we recommend using stainless steel screws instead of those that came in the package.
- They’re easy to care for; just put in some water, do a little wiping, and you’re done
- There’s a mounting bracket included, so you don’t have to run to your local hardware store for extra shopping
- The awning is quite tall, which is great news if you have a few extra guests to host
- They’re easy to install and shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes
- We’re saddened by the fact that it is only available in white
Dometic Polar White Billow Hardware
Dometic Polar White Billow Hardware will make a great replacement for your old awning for the camper slide-out. It looks great and fits most RVs. We admit that the installation process can be quite tricky, especially if you have windy weather. But the good news is, everything is pretty straightforward. There’s an installation instruction included, and it’s easy to follow.
But before you decide to go with this awning for a camper slide-out, make sure you measure your trailer well. One user at Amazon said that he had completed the entire installation process before noticing that the awning was striking the side of the slide out when retracting. So again, make sure you are aware of the size and type of your trailer before deciding to get this thing.
- It comes with a great design, which is perfect when you want to add some aesthetic value to your camper van
- It’s pretty simple to install; you should be able to get it done in less than 10 minutes
- The awnings come with a super tight fitting, so there’s no need to worry about them coming loose or falling out
- These products work great with almost any RV, so they will be a perfect replacement for your old awnings
- The product is made in China, which makes the warranty and customer support process a bit more complicated
Vevor RV Awning Fabric
The Vevor RV Awning Fabric is probably one of the toughest slide-out awnings for RVs out there. However, we don’t recommend you get these awnings unless you’re experienced with screws and tools. That’s because the installation process is quite complicated and time-consuming. It took us over an hour and a half to finish.
But on the brighter side, the material is apparently sturdy and quality. One user at Amazon says he’s had these slide-out awnings for RVs for over two years, and they still look great. Be warned, though, as this product comes in two different sizes: 15 and 16 inches. So ensure you measure your camper correctly before hitting that checkout button.
Leave your RV in the parking lot without worrying that it will slide out of the spot. Check out our best jack stands for RVs.
- There’s an instruction manual included, so you shouldn’t have any issues with the installation process
- We think the material is quite tough and can handle the rain well
- It’s made of premium vinyl for greater durability
- It comes in a fairly large dimension, giving you a larger shelter area
- The instruction manual can be quite cryptic at some points, so you may want to ask someone for help
Partol RV Awning Shade Screen
The Partol RV Awning Shade Screen is easy to take care of. All you need is to hose it off every few times, and you should be able to get this thing looking as good as new all year round. As for the material, it’s quite durable. According to Partol’s product page, the fabric is both windproof and dustproof. It’s built to withstand some of the harshest weather out there.
Another thing we love about this slide-out awning for RV is the zipper. It’s heavy-duty, so you won’t get any tears or rips. And in case you’re not using these awnings, you can fold them up small and attach a carrying strap for easier transport. As of this writing, the Partol RV Awning Shade Screen is being offered at around $84 on Amazon. It’s available in 9×7 and 9×15 inches models.
- It comes with a high-density mesh fabric, which does a great job of protecting you from the hot sun and the elements
- The manufacturer uses breathable material to ensure optimal airflow
- If you want some extra privacy around your camper van, this product is a must-have
- The installation process is pretty straightforward; just make sure you read the instructions properly
- The product doesn’t get many customer reviews on its Amazon page
Leaveshade RV Awning Fabric Replacement
Leaveshade RV Awning Fabric Replacement offers great value for your money. It’s made of thick vinyl and has a high-quality pattern. We can’t tell you for sure, but it looks like these slide-out awnings for campers will last quite a while. It’s not a decal and seems to be made to withstand the elements and harsh weather.
Some users at Amazon did report issues regarding the installation process. However, all you need is to take your time. Read the manual carefully and check out some YouTube tutorials. Once you understand how this works, you should be able to do the assembly process much more easily. It took us about 50 minutes to get this slide-out awning for the camper mounted on our trailer. If you have a buddy to help, you can probably get it done in half an hour.
- The product is made of durable heavy vinyl, which can handle wide variations of the elements
- These awnings are easy to install, even if you are not experienced with craftsmanship
- It won’t crack that easily, especially after frequent exposure to the sun
- There are poly-cords to provide better security
- You may have some problems with the installation process
ShadePro RV Slideout Topper
The ShadePro RV Slideout Topper is all about durability. It boasts poly cord helmets to prevent any tear and wear damage. Meanwhile, the fabric is designed to withstand some of the harshest weather. So if you’re planning to take your RV on an adventure this week, this awning for camper slide-out is a must!
According to the product page, the ShadePro RV Slideout Topper is made of 15oz denier vinyl. It’s super tough and claimed to be able to withstand temperatures up to -20 F. Furthermore; all the edges are flat wide. This will guarantee that there won’t be any puddles forming, even when it’s raining heavily out there. Meanwhile, the installation process is pretty straightforward. If you’re interested, these awnings for camper slides are available from 140 to 163 inches.
- It’s built to withstand some of the most extreme weather, which is great if you love to travel to remote places
- It’s flat, so it won’t create some pools when it’s raining out there
- The awning is easy to install. All you need to do is grab the bolts and tighten them all
- The product is available in a variety of sizes
- There are several reports regarding shipping issues
RecPro RV Slide Out Awning
Any great adventure will require great awnings. And for that reason, we recommend you the RecPro RV Slide Out Topper. These slide-out awnings for RVs are built to withstand some of the toughest conditions. It uses heavy vinyl with a strength of 140 PSI, so there shouldn’t be any question of durability and strength.
Surprisingly, this slide-out awning for RV has a lightweight construction. Furthermore, it has heat-welded seams on its edges to prevent tear and wear damage. Like any product on this list, the RecPro RV Slide Out Topper is weather- and UV-resistant. Another good news is that you can trim these awnings based on the size of your trailer. So if the fitting isn’t quite proper, there’s some room for some customization.
- It’s made of vinyl material, one of the characteristics of a good slide-out awning
- It doesn’t need any special requirements. All you need to do is sprinkle some water and wipe it off
- We love the design; it is quite beautiful and eye-catching
- It’s one of the toughest slide-out awnings for RVs we’ve tested here
- Due to its rather large dimensions, this product may not be compatible with some trailers
Highway 93 RV Slide-Out Topper
Coming in second, we have the fantastic Highway 93 RV Slide Out Topper. This product combines metal and vinyl to give you above-average toughness. We don’t know exactly how long, but we’re pretty sure that this slide-out awning for camper will serve you well for years. It’s made of high-quality 18oz fabric and is UV resistant. This means you won’t have any discoloration or color damage.
As for size variations, this slide-out awning for the camper is available in 60 to 217-inch versions. They all come with a full five-year warranty and are claimed to be able to withstand extreme weather. This product will make a great purchase if you don’t mind spending $159.
Do you want to save some space and enjoy a comfortable sleep in your RV? Check out our list of the best pull-out couch for RVs right now!
- The manufacturer gives you no less than a five-year warranty, which allows you to request a replacement unit or a refund in case anything goes wrong
- The product boasts a flexible metal construction. It’ll remain firm, even when exposed to strong winds
- As of this writing, the product is available in three different sizes
- These awnings are one of the most durable on the market
- You may need to reach deeper into your pockets to get this one
GSParts RV Slide Topper
To conclude this list, we have the GSParts RV Slide Topper. While it’s not a full awning for camper slide-out, this replacement fabric will greatly protect your trailer from debris, dust, and dirt. And thanks to its unique pattern, this awning will also make a great decorative piece in your RV.
Crafted from durable vinyl, the GSParts RV Slide Topper is claimed to be able to withstand some of the toughest weather. It’s also doing a great job of filtering out the sun’s rays. This will prevent excess heat and keep your RV much cooler, especially when you’re parking it outdoors. On the downside, this slide-out awning for the camper is only available in 110 inches. Fortunately, you can easily trim it to make some custom adjustments.
- It’s made of premium vinyl to give you the best protection
- You can modify the awning a bit in case it doesn’t exactly fit your RV
- It does a fantastic job of blocking out the sun, giving you the perfect chill-out area on the side of your RV
- It comes in a fairly large dimension, giving you complete protection against wind, sun, and dust
- As of this writing, this product is only available in one model type
There you have it, our 13 best slide-out awnings for RVs. Among the thousands of products available out there, we consider these products the best. They offer both impressive materials and above-average performance. And if you still have no idea which awnings to get, you can check out our shortlist below.
- Best value for money: Vevor RV Awning Fabric
- Best quality: Highway 93 RV Slide Out Topper
- Best construction: Carefree White Slideout Cover Bracket
- Best protection: Leaveshade RV Awning Fabric Replacement
How to Choose the Best Slide-Out Awnings for RVs
Choosing the best slide-out awnings for RVs can be quite a demanding task. That’s because there are so many options out there. Each offers its own advantages. And the biggest question is always about how you can determine which slide-out awning for the camper will work best for you.
But don’t worry, because that’s the reason why you’re here. Today, we’re going to help you pick the best slide-out awnings for an RV, so you won’t be wasting your hard-earned money. Without further ado, here are some factors you need to consider before deciding to buy an awning for a camper slide-out.
First of all, think about the material. Before you decide to get any slide-out awnings for RVs, see if they’re made of durable vinyl. Make sure that they’re easy to clean. Lastly, check if they’re tough enough to handle extreme weather.
Next, make sure that you have properly measured your trailer. You see, a slide-out awning for a camper isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. You can’t simply grab any slide-out awning out there and expect it to sit well on your trailer. Therefore, measuring your RV or checking the manual is essential.
Last but not least, consider durability. An awning for the camper slide-out should be an essential part of your RV. It will help protect your vehicle from dirt and debris. Therefore, look for something that will last more than three years.
Are Slide-Out Awnings Worth It?
Absolutely. No questions asked. A slide-out awning will keep water and debris off your trailer. It will also prevent the sun’s rays from going straight into your RV. This will make your vehicle feel much cooler and more comfortable to live in.
Should RV Slides Be Stored In or Out?
Storing your slide-outs closed would be the wiser thing to do. This will prevent snow or water from accumulating on the roof of your slide-out. Apart from that, it will also minimize the risk of erosion of the seal.
Do RV Slide Outs Leak?
Yes, they leak sometimes. But this is only because there’s some extra space on the inside. Therefore, make sure you check if there are any holes. Once you have identified each of them, use some thick tape to cover them.