Home to the longest-reigning monarch, London has so much more than its packed centuries of history. Perhaps anything civil about the city you learned from pop culture is true. Stunning landmarks, home to the greatest art collections and fashion houses, as well as the jammed street packed with cars roaring honks. Among them, lies some of the best hotels near Heathrow Airport. It is a great metropolis, after all.
People from all walks of life flocked to the city. A great deal of them is getting the world’s best education. Another great deal is seeking a new home far away from home. The city welcomes everyone and it’s no surprise that you’ll find plenty of gay-friendly hotels in London. But if you’re here for a long layover and have almost less than 24-hours in the city, staying close to the airport is the best choice. Here are the best London hotels near Heathrow Airport for you.
Where to Stay near Heathrow Airport
Apart from its convenient proximity, some airport hotels provide anything that covers your necessities. From cozy beddings, fluffy pillows, warm shower, and spacious workspace, even going as far as having spa facilities on the premises. A long layover is no longer a nightmare if you know where to find London hotels near Heathrow Airport.
The closest hotels near Heathrow Airport London are found along Bath Road (Hillingdon). Access to the airport terminals from these hotels is available through a bus and public train (or the tube, as they call it). If your hotel is within the Heathrow Free Travel Zone, you’d have access to the frequent London Bus services. Anyone can come from and go to the airport for free!
Many hotels are located around Heathrow Airport, so it wouldn’t be a hard task finding one. You can pick the closest hotels to somewhere a bit further but still in convenient proximity to the airport. Areas such as Hounslow, Hayes, and West Drayton offer more countryside experience. Away from the hustles and bustles of London city center. Traveling with your furry friends? Check out these pet-friendly hotels in London. Or here are some ideas on luxury hotels in London to tick one of your bucket lists.
Leonardo London Heathrow Airport
If you’re arriving or departing at Terminal 2 or 3 Heathrow Airport, Leonardo London Heathrow Airport is the perfect choice for your transit. This compact hotel offers everything convenient as an airport hotel. Not to mention it’s a great value for money too!
Expect a good night’s sleep when you’re staying here. Each room is equipped with decent working space, ironing facilities, an electric kettle, and a satellite TV with on-demand movies for your entertainment. At the hotel’s restaurant, Destination, you can enjoy international menus serving at any time of the day. Be it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Guests can also pick anything from the wine list. Sipping a glass or two before your next flight wouldn’t hurt, right?
With a hotel this size, the spa facility is such a nice surprise. You can also head to the fitness center for a light exercise. The shuttle service is available for £6 per person. Or for a more cost-efficient option, you can always take the free public bus. The stop is just outside of the hotel.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Available at a surcharge. Access to the airport is free by public bus.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 1.4mi (2.2 km)
- Estimated Drive Time: 5 minutes
Holiday Inn London Heathrow Bath Road
One of the best things about staying at a widely-known hotel chain, is they apply the same standards everywhere. Each room in the Holiday Inn London Heathrow Bath Road is spacious and comes in modern design. Complete with a seating area and tea/coffee making facilities, Zoom meetings accompanied by a cuppa is definitely a treat! Staying in the comfort of your room during a long layover is not a bad idea. You’ve got everything covered here!
The hotel provides a shuttle service to the airport. If your destination is Terminal 2 & 3, you can take the H4 shuttle from the hotel as it takes off every 30 minutes. While those who are going to Terminal 4 & 5 can take the H53 shuttle that takes off every 45 minutes. Holiday Inn London Heathrow Bath Road is also located within the airport’s perimeter roads. Which is accessible through local London red buses. You can take these free buses to Heathrow Airport Terminal 2, 3 & 5 in a total of 10 minutes trip.
A continental buffet breakfast is available every morning, starting from 6:30 AM. You’ll also find two on-site restaurants at the premises. Guests can request gluten-free and vegetarian menus for their comfort.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Available at a surcharge. Access to airport terminals is also available via public train and bus.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 0.6mi (0.9 km)
- Estimated Drive Time: 3 minutes
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
If you’re looking for no-nonsense hotels near Heathrow Airport in London, Ibis is the perfect fit for it. Nestled within 8 minutes’ driving distance of the airport, Ibis London Heathrow Airport is eager to please. Apart from the fresh and modern room décor, you can expect coffee/tea making facilities in each room. The hotel is also one of the hotels near Heathrow Airport with a free luggage storage service.
Head to the Harlington Corner in just 2 minutes on foot to reach the public bus. This bus will take you to Heathrow Central Bus Station. The shuttle bus charges £4 per person. But if you’re not traveling alone, an Uber or taxi ride would cost you less, around £6 to £7.
Guests can enjoy the 24-hour snack service, available at the premises. Ibis London Heathrow Airport also features a Café Restaurant where you can enjoy entertainment from its plasma-screen TVs. Or make use of the pool table to wash off the boredom.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Available at a surcharge. Access to the airport is also available for free with the public bus.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 1.9mi (3 km)
- Estimated Drive Time: 8 minutes
Renaissance London Heathrow
With such great views of the airport runway, the rooms at Renaissance London Heathrow are surprisingly quiet. Not only each room is equipped with cozy beddings and luxury amenities, but you can also expect a complimentary fridge, coffee/tea-making facilities, and a working space. It’s very convenient even when you have to spend hours in front of your laptop. When you’re looking for hotels near Heathrow Airport in London, this recently renovated hotel is one of the best choices.
The hotel features a currency exchange, fitness center, and a gift shop. Just in case you’re too busy to pick up some London souvenirs downtown. Expect both a restaurant and a bar in Renaissance London Heathrow. Market Garden Restaurant serves fresh seasonal menus where you get to savor your meal as you marvel at the runway. A range of creative cocktails and light bites are served at Bar Eleven. A coffee lounge is also available for anyone in need of their daily dose of caffeine.
The most cost-efficient access to Heathrow Airport is by free public bus. You can catch them just outside of the hotel. But if time efficiency is your main concern, a taxi ride would cost about £12 and the bus shuttle cost £6 per person.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Available at a surcharge. Access to the airport is also available via a public bus for free.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 1.1mi (1.7 km)
- Estimated Drive Time: 5 minutes
Staybridge Suites London Heathrow – Bath Road
Perhaps, you need a place where everything is within arm’s reach, thanks to the long transit. One of the best choices for that is Staybridge Suites London Heathrow – Bath Road. Conveniently located just 3 minutes away, this hotel is not like other hotels near Heathrow Airport in London. Each spacious room is equipped with a complete kitchenette set, including a kettle, kitchenware, and a dishwasher. It’s also fitted with a seating area, making this place a home away from home.
As a guest, you get to enjoy a continental breakfast at the property. Head to the adjacent Holiday Inn London Heathrow Bath Road, and you can have some Italian delicacies at the on-site restaurant. With free Wi-Fi available throughout the property, browse for your next dining experience while savoring a plate of pizza. Or when you make use of the available lounge space.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Available for FREE. Access to the airport is also available via public bus.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 0.6mi (0.9 km)
- Estimated Drive Time: 3 minutes
Novotel London Heathrow Airport T1, T2, and T3
You’d appreciate the quaint design of the Novotel London Heathrow Airport T1, T2, and T3 building. As one of the closest hotels near Heathrow Airport London, it’s less than 5 minutes away. As the name suggests, it’s closest to Terminal 1, 2, and 3. But you’ll still have easy access to Terminal 4 and 5 as well.
The building is located within the Heathrow Free Travel Zone. You can take the London bus service going to Heathrow Airport from just outside of the premises. A taxi ride would cost about £15 and the shuttle bus costing £6 per person.
If you wish to roam around the city, you can get to Heathrow Express or take the Piccadilly Line to get to downtown London. While staying in wouldn’t also be a bad idea. The Next Restaurant is available at the premises, serving a variety of international and local cuisine. You can also head to The Gallery Bar to have some refreshing drinks while overlooking the runway views.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Available at a surcharge. Access to the airport terminals is also available for free by public bus.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 1mi (1.6 km)
- Estimated Drive Time: 4 minutes
Aerotel London Heathrow Terminal 2 & 3
Last-minute delay or cancelation can be a total bummer. If you can’t be bothered with leaving the airport, Aerotel London Heathrow Terminal 2 & 3 is the right place to be. Need a refreshing shower and a view hours of sleep? Say no more! At a reasonable price (considering it’s within the airport), you’d appreciate the regular amenities provided by the hotel.
The rooms are very spacious and unlike any other airport hotel, you’ve probably stayed in before. If the rooms are usually built compact with little space albeit convenient, it’s not the case for this hotel. Select rooms even come with a seating area, which turned out very nice. Not to mention how stylish and niche the overall design is. The coffee/tea-maker facilities inside the room is a pleasant bonus!
Since this hotel is within the airport terminal, getting to terminal 2 & 3 is only within walking distance. Further terminals like 4 & 5 are reachable with Hoppa bus service, Heathrow connecting train service, or London Underground Tube.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Unavailable. The airport terminals are reachable by public train and within walking distance.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 0.4mi (0.6 km)
- Estimated walking time: 7 minutes
Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 is one of the hotels near Heathrow Airport with direct access to the terminals. A free bus service that takes you the Terminal 5 is also available just outside of the hotel. Despite being next to the airport, you wouldn’t have to worry about spending a night here. The room is quiet and cozy, the perfect combination for a good night’s sleep.
Hassle-free check-in and check-out have their advantages when it comes to hotels near Heathrow Airport in London. Everybody knows how stressful catching a flight can be sometimes. Staying near the airport with this kind of service will leave a great impression on the guests.
Head to the on-site restaurant, Thyme, during your stay in Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 4. They serve great gourmet salads, steaks, and burgers. The kid’s menu is also available.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Unavailable. The airport terminals are reachable by public train or bus.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 0.3mi (0.4 km)
- Estimated walking time: 6 minutes
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
This 4-star hotel is conveniently located only 3 minutes away from Heathrow Airport. Apart from the regular hotel amenities, you’ll appreciate the triple-gaze windows installed in each room of Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport. Even better if you choose to stay in select rooms with runway views. Complete with a soundproofed feature, getting proper rest at this hotel is guaranteed.
Arriving at odd hours in this hotel wouldn’t be a hassle for you. The front desk is ready to welcome you 24-hours. Plus, there’s nothing we need more than a quick check-in just when we arrive at the hotel. And the staff will accommodate this so well! The sooner you hit the bed, the better!
Guests can have access to the fully equipped gym at any time of the day. Complimentary unlimited internet access is also a privilege for the guests staying at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport. Have some refreshing drinks at Coffee to Cocktail Bar. With a wide range of drinks, cocktails, and bar snacks, you can shake the boredom off!
- Airport Shuttle Service: Available at a surcharge. Access to the airport terminal is also available by public bus.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 0.8mi (1.2 km)
- Estimated Drive Time: 3 minutes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel & Conference Center
This hotel offers beyond the comfort of other regular hotels near Heathrow Airport. Stepping into Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel & Conference Center, you can expect grand design from the lobby to your room. All these stunning appearances are completed with the hotel’s state-of-the-art facilities.
From free Wi-Fi access throughout the premises to the tranquil haven The Spa & Gym facility, work-life balance is still possible even during your transit in London. You can expect facials and other beauty treatments using luxurious ESPA products as well as a steam and sauna room. The gym opens 24-hours, in case you need some workout. The best part of it is guests can use all these facilities at no additional charge.
Each room is complimented with Egyptian cotton bed linen, coffee & tea making facilities, international sockets, and a satellite Samsung TV with over 300 channels. You can enjoy fresh lobsters and fine steaks straight from the grill at the hotel’s Steak & Lobster Restaurant. Speaking of a fantastic stay during your transit in London, this hotel is the perfect choice for that.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Available at a surcharge. Access to airport terminals is also available via a public train.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 2.2mi (3.5 km)
- Estimated Drive Time: 9 minutes
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 & 3
Directly connected to Terminal 2 & 3 London Heathrow Airport, Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow is the best choice on the list. Apart from its convenient location, it’s not every day that you can find a rooftop bar in an airport hotel, right? Well, you can expect one here! Overlooking both runways, you can enjoy the refreshing views as you sip some cocktails and enjoy the company of yourself. Or the internet, perhaps, since all guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi service throughout the premises.
Each spacious room is covered in earthy colors, inviting you to doze off just right after you arrive! With proper workspace and coffee/tea making facilities, catching up with work accompanied by a cup of Joe is always possible. Pretty sure canceled flights or long layovers won’t feel so irritating after a warm shower.
The walking distance from the hotel to terminal 3 is approximately 10 – 15 minutes. Although you’ll need at least 30 minutes to get to Terminal 5 via Heathrow Express or the Piccadilly Line. Both are free of charge.
- Airport Shuttle Service: Unavailable. The airport terminals are reachable by public train.
- Nearest Airport: London Heathrow Airport at 0.2mi (0.3 km)
- Estimated walking time: 5 minutes
Recommended Restaurants / Bars near Heathrow Airport:
- Urban Brasserie – Located in Terminal 4 Heathrow Airport, this bistro offers Mediterranian, Asian, and modern British dishes. The best way to have a meal without having to leave the airport.
- Kiln – Who doesn’t love a great meal at a low price? Brit-sourced meat and fish are chargrilled with Thai sauces that take you to rural Thailand. Enjoy your meal as you watch the chefs perform in action.
- Thakers – Winning the ‘Vegetarian Restaurant of The Year’ is not an easy feat in London. This funky little eatery has been around since the 1960s and serves properly authentic Indian meals.
Recommended Activities near Heathrow Airport:
- Wizarding World – Explore the magic of Harry Potter films in Warner Bros. Studio. You get to relive Harry’s first time in the wizarding world; from the cobblestones of Diagon Alley to embarking on a journey with Hogwarts Express via the famous Platform 9 3/4.
- London Eye – Marvel at the city of London through one of the world’s tallest Ferris wheel. With a 360-degrees view of the city, witness the whole hustles and bustles of the British capital.
- Madame Tussauds London – Be among the millions of people who have flocked to this venue since its first opening 200 years ago. Getting up-close and personal with the world’s most historical icons, political figures, and celebrities; all at once.
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew – The world-famous Kew Garden is not to be missed while you’re on a short stay in London. With over 50,000 living plants found across this UNESCO World Heritage Site, the place is so much more than a sight to see.