The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia is located in East Africa. A country of 1,100,000 square kilometers and a significant cultural variety and historical richness.
Almost a million tourists visit each year to experience some of the most beautiful places in the world. Ethiopia’s population as of 2019 was at 109 million people, making it the 12th most populous country in the world.
Some of the oldest human skeletons were found in Ethiopia; a place believed to be the first modern-human habitat. It is thought that people first set out for the Middle East and other parts of the world from Ethiopia.
What should you know before travelling to Ethiopia? How to prepare for a visit and what to expect. This article will help you choose a proper visa permit to Ethiopia and set out 4 detailed reasons why you should visit this diverse, intriguing country.
Visa to Ethiopia
Every country is now eligible to obtain a visa to Ethiopia online. This is one thing you have to take care of a few days prior to your trip.
Now that visa permits are easily obtainable online and all you have to do is fill an online application form, the whole process became effortless.
Make sure to prepare:
- A valid passport,
- An active e-mail address,
- A photograph of the applicant (passport-like parameters)
Please remember that your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months forth from the intended departure date.
Once you have prepared the necessary documents, you can get your eVisa to Ethiopia in three easy steps here!
Simply fill an online application form, provide your data, passport details, e-mail address, and the purpose of your travel. Pay the handling visa fee using an online payment method of your choice, and then wait for your eVisa to arrive at your e-mail address! The processing time may take up to 72 hours.
EVisa to Ethiopia is a single-entry visa for either 30 or 90 days (99 and 129 Euro respectively).
It can be used for tourism purposes only, so it’s perfect for exploring the country. Let the professionals handle your visa permit for you while you plan your trip to Ethiopia carefully. Make a thorough plan of what you want to see and how to transport from place to place to see as much as possible!
4 reasons why you should visit Ethiopia
Now that you know all about getting a visa to Ethiopia, let’s focus on making a plan for your trip. If you want to explore the country properly, research what you want to visit the most, and plan ahead.
Think about what transport you will use within the country, whether this would be a train, long-distance bus, taking domestic flights, or local buses. Of course, the most comfortable one is the plane; however, it is the most expensive one.
As for other options you may try haggling the price and admire the surroundings while you travel, the most convenient out of the latter options is the long distance bus.
Here are some of the prominent reasons why you should visit Ethiopia:
- Breath-taking landscapes:Ethiopia has a tropical monsoon climate predominantly. Some areas are drier and hotter than other; however, an average higher temperature ranges between 20-25 degrees Celsius (68.0-77.0 Fahrenheit).
Interestingly, in the Danakil Depression parts, the average annual temperature is at 34 degrees Celsius that is 93.2 degrees Fahrenheit! This area has the world’s highest average annual temperature. Prepare for that type of climate properly to avoid overheating!
Besides the climate, there are lots of places worth seeing. Do your research and choose the ones that interest you the most. One of the most visited and beautiful places include:
- The Blue Nile Falls: are 4 streams of 42 meters in height, located on the Blue Nile river. These are one of the most visited by tourists attractions. In Amharic, the language most often spoken in Ethiopia, the Blue Nile Falls, are known as “Tis Abay,” which means the “great smoke.”
- The Siemen Mountains: the World’s Heritage Site and very unique in shape. There is a Siemen’s National Park to explore with various exciting animals to spot, e.g., the bleeding-heart monkey (the gelada monkey), the caracal, or the Walia ibex.
- The Rock-Hewn Churches in Lalibela: Lalibela is a mountainous region where the 13th-century churches are located. There are 11 monolithic cave churches to discover. Nowadays, it is visited for religious reasons for pilgrimage and devotion. Historically rich and a must-see place!
- Food and coffee: When it comes to food, the most popular one is “injera,” a flatbread type. Of course, there is much more to making this national dish. Injera is served with most dishes in Ethiopia, eaten a few times a day for different meals. This can be with roasted vegetables, meat, and other.
You can buy foods from around the world, pasta, pizza, or burgers in Ethiopia’s capital; however, the dishes may taste a bit different.
Ethiopia makes 3% of the world’s coffee market, which is the place of coffees’ origin. Consider trying Ethiopia’s coffee and enjoy the incredible experience.
- Vibrant culture: there are more than 80 different ethnic groups in Ethiopia. Each is speaking their language and having different traditions, beliefs. Some have only 10 000 members. The most prominent ones are:
- Flora and fauna:wildlife and plant life are incredibly diverse. You can spot countless interesting animal species and exciting plants. The African wild dogs, elephants, zebras, monkeys, black rhinoceros, Ethiopian wolves, and other!
With eVisa to Ethiopia, exploring the country is easier than ever before! Get your visa permit from home and enjoy what Ethiopia has to offer. Completing the application process takes less than 15 minutes and can be done on every working device with an internet connection.
Try the Ethiopian coffee, foods, and admire the natural landscapes with incredible wildlife!