Whenever you decide to spend some time on the West Coast, Anaheim, California is the place to go. This southern California city has everything to keep you interested, from artistic spots to modern cultural hubs. For family vacations, there is the famous Disneyland. As for some culinary adventures, there are some Mexican dishes that you shouldn’t miss. Today, we decided to round up some great alternatives to a cheap hotel in Anaheim California, to make your time in Orange County even more enjoyable.
Those planning to take their kids to the ‘Magic Kingdom’ will be pleased to know that we’ve also included some cheap Anaheim by Disneyland hotels. And make sure you stick with us until the end because apart from budget hotels in Anaheim, we’ll also show you some cool culinary spots and interesting things to do (at zero cost) while in Ducktown. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of contents
- Hotel Lulu, BW Premier Collection
- Motel 6 Anaheim, Maingate
- Super 8 by Wyndham Anaheim
- Best Western Plus Stovall’s Inn
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim at Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Anaheim Hotel & Water Playground
- Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites
- Anaheim Maingate Inn
- Days Inn by Wyndham Anaheim Near The Park
- Travelodge Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim on Disneyland
- Stanford Inn & Suites Anaheim
- Top Affordable Bars in Anaheim, California
- Top Affordable Restaurants in Anaheim, California
- Free Things to Do in Anaheim, California
Hotel Lulu, BW Premier Collection
Hotel Lulu, BW Premier Collection is perhaps the only place where you can enjoy a relaxed Californian atmosphere with some interesting modern touches. The hotel is only a few miles away from the Magic Kingdom, aka Disneyland, which is ideal for a family vacation. And if you’re planning on taking some business trips to Ducktown, this three-star-rated accommodation is just minutes from the Anaheim Convention Center.
Get some quality rest as you prepare for your adventure around southern California city. Each room at Hotel Lulu, BW Premier Collection is designed to give you a private sanctuary, wholly isolated from the outside world. You’ll find everything you need to keep you relaxed, from a king/queen bed to some standards, such as a flat-screen TV, work desk, and free WiFi connection. When you want to get some entertainment, the hotel’s outdoor pool and Lulu’s Kitchen will be ready to welcome you. If you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Anaheim California, this one won’t let you down.
Need some spa treatments while in Anaheim? Check out our best spa hotels in Orange County.
Motel 6 Anaheim, Maingate
Motel 6 Anaheim, Maingate, offers affordable accommodation in the heart of Orange County. This two-star hotel is just off the I-5 Freeway, steps away from Disneyland. If you want, you can arrange your Disney trip at the hotel’s front desk. Their staff will be happy to help you get everything you need, including tickets and California City passes, and even share some cool tricks to avoid the long lines!
Being a cheap hotel in Anaheim California, Motel 6 Anaheim has everything to make your stay comfortable. Free WiFi connection is available in all rooms. Free coffee is served every morning to keep you in a good mood. And if you want to spend some time relaxing, there’s an outdoor pool to help you escape the California heat. In the mood for a walk? Interesting places like the House of Blues and Crystal Church are just steps away!
Super 8 by Wyndham Anaheim
Super 8 by Wyndham Anaheim stands in a convenient location. It’s only a few minutes away from the Magic Kingdom and several other major attractions around the city. You can easily walk to Harbor Boulevard (about 20-30 minutes) and take a bus to reach different locations. This chain hotel also offers some solid amenities at a relatively affordable price. You get nothing less than a meeting room, a pool, a hot tub, and an all-important 24-hour fitness center.
Meanwhile, the hotel lobby looks modern and feels welcoming. We also noticed that the restaurant and bar have a fresh look. As for dining options, you get the trendy Trinity Wine Bar with a massive collection of fine wines and locally crafted beers. If you prefer organically grown food, you can head straight to the California Grill restaurant. Last but not least, you can pay a visit to Blend, a local coffee shop that serves up a variety of delicious blends for your daily dose of caffeine. As far as budget hotels in Anaheim go, it doesn’t get any better than this.
Best Western Plus Stovall’s Inn
Best Western Plus Stovall’s Inn is marketed as both pleasant and affordable. If you’re planning to take your whole family to Anaheim and visit Disneyland, you shouldn’t hesitate to book a room at this three-star hotel. Their rooms are clean and comfortable, as expected from a Best Western chain hotel. Enjoy an excellent night’s rest on the soft white linen beds. Stay connected via a free WiFi connection. And if you’re a little sensitive about cleanliness, you’ll be happy to know that the carpets at Plus Stovall’s Inn are replaced with new ones at least once a week.
You won’t find anything fancy in Stovall’s Inn Plus rooms, but we can guarantee that they’re comfortable. But don’t let that fool you because this cheap hotel in Anaheim California has tons of amenities. You’ll find two outdoor swimming pools and two hot tubs steps from your room. There’s a wading pool and an attractive topiary garden to keep your kids busy. For dining, hot breakfast is served every morning. Don’t have time for that? Ask for Grab-n-Go bags filled with sliced fruit, a bottle of water, and a granola bar.
Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim at Disneyland Park
Coming in at our number seven is the lovely Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim at Disneyland Park. Apart from the fact that this is only a two-star hotel, everything is top-notch here. The rooms are clean, safe, and quiet. Meanwhile, the staff at the front desk were friendly and kind. You can bring your four-legged buddy along if you want, as this accommodation is dog-friendly. The building doesn’t have an elevator, so you need to use the stairs all the time. But hey, you can always use some exercise, right?
Amenities provided include free WiFi access in public areas, a business center, and free newspapers. If you need any assistance with tickets, vacation planning, or laundry, you can always go to their 24/7 front desk. Being a cheap hotel in Anaheim CA near Disneyland, Days Inn & Suites is only two miles away from the Magic Kingdom. Just make sure you ask for a room with a good AC, since some guests have complained that their air conditioner is a bit smelly and feels dry.
Before you move on to the next entry, did you know that Disneyland Anaheim is one of the best amusement parks in the world? If you’re interested in discovering about the rest, don’t forget to check out our Best Amusement Parks in the World!
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Anaheim Hotel & Water Playground
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Anaheim Hotel & Water Playground isn’t one of the mega-hotels you’ll often find around Disneyland Anaheim. Instead, it’s a humble and much simpler three-star accommodation. But don’t let that fool you because the HoJo Anaheim attracts thousands of tourists every year. The rooms in this hotel are much nicer than most budget hotels in Anaheim. They’ve gone through many massive overhauls since they first opened to the public more than three decades ago. You can now find modern conveniences like a Keurig coffee maker and a bright 32-inch LCD TV. While the bathroom feels a little cramped, you’ll find another sink outside.
Anyone traveling with family will love to spend their time at this hotel. Castaway Cove, the hotel’s pirate-inspired water park, will give your kids lots and lots of a great time. While the play area may not be as large as you’d expect, this spot will still make for a great way to pass the time when you’re not in the mood to leave the hotel. As for the dining, there’s nothing particularly special. If you want to save some budget, going to the nearby McDonald’s or Panera Bread is always a great idea.
Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites
Are you looking for a cheap hotel in Anaheim California? Then why don’t you consider staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites! It sits right across from the Disneyland theme park. You only need a five-minute walk to reach the Magic Kingdom and Disney California Adventure. But remember, this is still a three-star hotel, so you better not expect anything fancy. The rooms are pretty basic, and the amenities are limited. But if you want to save a good amount of money, this budget accommodation is a remarkable choice.
As we mentioned earlier, the rooms at Desert Inn & Suites are pretty generic. However, there’s a kind of humble charm that makes you feel at home. And after spending almost two full days here, we can say that we liked it quite a bit! If you wish for some extra space, we recommend booking the Exclusive Room. It only costs $10 more, but you’ll get more than enough room to accommodate six people. There’s even a sofa for you to relax after a tiring day.
Anaheim Maingate Inn
The Anaheim Maingate Inn isn’t a Hilton nor an Ibis, but that doesn’t mean that this hotel isn’t worth it. In fact, if you’re looking for the best bang for your buck, this two-star accommodation is one of your best options. While you won’t find any top-notch restaurants or fancy rooms, everything here is acceptable. You can easily save $10 to $20 per night by staying at this humble inn. The bed was comfortable, and the room was pretty neat. No weird smells or anything overly annoying.
Our recommendation is to book a room on the second floor. You can watch the Disneyland fireworks while lying on your bed if you’re lucky. And as you would expect, WiFi access is available for free in all rooms. But the best part of this accommodation is the staff parking lot. From there, you can ‘secretly’ go straight to Mickey & Friends! Say goodbye to going through the main gate and joining the long queue. If you’re looking for cheap hotels in Anaheim by Disneyland, you better look at the Anaheim Maingate Inn.
Days Inn by Wyndham Anaheim Near The Park
Days Inn by Wyndham Anaheim Near The Park is unlike other cheap hotels in Anaheim by Disneyland. Despite its two-star rating, this accommodation offers a nice outdoor swimming pool and a spa tub for you to enjoy after a long day. Meanwhile, the room amenities are pretty standard. There’s an LED TV for your indoor entertainment pleasure and a mini-fridge for some cold beverages. Breakfast is served from eight o’clock in the morning in the lobby, and in case you come from overseas, rest easy because almost all of the staff here are multilingual.
There is no need to prepare extra fees for parking as you can use the hotel’s parking lot as you please. Other than that, this cheap hotel in Anaheim California is located in the right spot. It’s just a stone’s throw from convenient stores and Knotts Berry Farm. While this isn’t an Ibis or Hilton, we’re sure you’ll enjoy your stay here. Just make sure you ask for a quieter room as this hotel is located near the highway.
Want to go on a camping trip while in Orange County? Check out our best camping grounds in California.
Travelodge Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim on Disneyland
Travelodge Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim on Disneyland is exactly the accommodation you need when you want to spend some time in Orange County. The check-in process was fast and stress-free. Meanwhile, the staff are professional and handle everything efficiently. We recommend staying in a room with two queen size beds. It was clean, fresh, and pretty neat. There’s a microwave and fridge if you want to have a few small bites late at night.
In terms of location, this cheap hotel in Anaheim California is unbeatable. It’s only a few minutes walk from local eateries and shops and the famous Disneyland. If you’re lucky, you can even watch the Disneyland fireworks from your room! Overall, this accommodation is worth trying. Compared to most budget hotels in Anaheim, it’s pretty decent and would be great for a family trip.
Stanford Inn & Suites Anaheim
Here comes another great option for all you budget travelers. The Stanford Inn & Suites Anaheim is an affordable hotel worth your money and time. Once you set foot in the lobby, there will be two staff who warmly greet you. They’ll immediately process your check-in and quickly find a solution if there’s an issue. Our pro tip: Don’t be shy to say so when they ask you if you have any specific room preferences. Fail to do this, and you may have an upstairs room in the corner!
Even though it’s only a three-star hotel, the rooms at the Stanford Inn & Suites are pretty nice. There’s a Mickey Mouse sticker stuck to one corner of the room, just in case you forget you’re near the famous Disneyland! Apart from that, there are standard amenities such as a refrigerator, microwave, and TV. For your valuables, there’s a mini safe available. While the breakfasts aren’t something worth waiting for, they’re quite enjoyable. And if you think you need some exercise, there’s a free fitness center for all guests. If you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Anaheim California, this one won’t let you down.
Top Affordable Bars in Anaheim, California
- McClain Cellars – Founded in 2016 by the McClain Family, this cool lounge is perhaps one of the best places in Anaheim to sample five-star wines. You can also enjoy a variety of spirits and cocktails, all made with pure passion and love.
- Juke Joint Bar – Order some of your favorite beers and snacks because the Juke Joint Bar is one of the coolest sports bars in Anaheim. If you’re looking to catch some MLB or NBA games in Orange County, this is the place to be. This is perfect for everyone, especially those who want to have fun and enjoy an excellent atmosphere!
- Mission Bar – From great beers to pool tables to fun owners, the Mission Bar has it all. To lighten the atmosphere, there are many live music performances throughout the night. Meanwhile, the weather is cool around this area, and everything feels chill. Don’t think twice about coming here if you want to meet some of the coolest men or women in Anaheim.
Top Affordable Restaurants in Anaheim, California
- The Cove on Harbor – Have a great time and enjoy a variety of pastries, pastries, and beverages. This restaurant across the driveway of the Tropicana Inn has everything to indulge your taste buds. And in case you forgot something while packing, this place also sells some cool souvenirs and toiletries!
- The Pizza Press – Never leave Anaheim without having a few small bites at this legendary place. As you may have guessed from the name, the pizzas here are fantastic. Everything is fresh because they are cooked right in front of you. Meanwhile, the atmosphere is nice, and the staff is friendly.
- Earl of Sandwich – Why would you want to spend your money on overpriced meals at Disneyland when you can have yummy sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich! Everything here is excellent and reasonably priced. The line is quite long but trusts us; it’ll be worth it. Don’t forget to try the chipotle sandwich.
Free Things to Do in Anaheim, California
- Anaheim Garden Walk – This outdoor entertainment center is the number one place to go when you’re in Anaheim. You’ll find tons of fantastic restaurants, nightlife spots, and game arcades. A little tight on the budget? Don’t worry. You can join the free Art on the Walk program supported by more than 30 local artists.
- Fullerton Arboretum – This legendary botanical garden is the pride of Orange County. Spanning 26 acres, this beautiful floral site was first established in 1976 as a center for ecological and agrarian education and research. There are four exhibits to visit, and you don’t have to pay a dime for them!
- Yorba Regional Park – Spend the rest of your day enjoying the views along the Santa Ana River. This 140-acre public space has more than 300 picnic tables, a volleyball court, a play area, and four lakes. There’s a 20-mile paved road for cyclists that connects the Santa Ana River Trail and the Pacific Ocean.