Traveling in RVs or campers needs preparation that can’t be neglected or delayed. Sleeping on the road once meant staying at a hotel/motel, tent camping, or sleeping on notoriously uncomfortable RV mattresses – but not anymore. RVs with comfortable beds have made sleeping on the road not just comfortable but also luxurious. When we went looking for the best options for a full-size mattress for RV, we found ourselves spoilt for choice. What’s more, they were all supportive and comfortable and will thus ensure a good night’s sleep before one hits the road in the morning. Plus, keep in mind that mattresses usually run shorter than regular mattresses, so it’s essential to buy one carefully so you get the best fit. That’s why we did the legwork for you guys and carefully selected options to be on this list, along with a useful guide on how to go about choosing them.
Table of contents
- NapQueen Charcoal Memory Foam Full Size Mattress
- Inofia Hybrid Innerspring Full Mattress
- Iyee Nature Full Mattress
- Arctic Dreams 10″ Hybrid Cooling Gel Full Mattress
- Signature Design by Ashley Chime Hybrid Full Mattress
- Dynasty CoolBreeze Full-Size Mattress
- Olee Sleep Aquarius Memory Foam Mattress
- LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- Novilla Full Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Sleep Innovations Marley Cooling Gel Mattress
- Zinus Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress
- Linenspa Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
- Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
- Our Verdict!
- How to Choose the Best Full-Size Mattress for RV?
- Will a full-sized mattress fit in a camper?
- Can you put a regular mattress in an RV?
- Is there a difference between an RV mattress and a regular mattress?
NapQueen Charcoal Memory Foam Full Size Mattress
Best ergonomic design. We’d been having a problem waking up in the morning after a bad night of sleep due to uncomfortable mattresses. That’s why we loved the ergonomically designed NapQueen Charcoal Memory Foam Full Size Mattress, which ensured no back pain when we slept on it during the night. The mattress is made from OEKO-TEX Standard 100 textiles and CertiPUR-US-certified mattress foam, thus ensuring long-lasting support and comfort. So, we didn’t sweat during the nighttime either. Furthermore, since it’s infused with bamboo charcoal, the mattress eliminates the odor and keeps it fresh and clean. In fact, it even conformed to our bodies, alleviating joint and back pain and providing pressure relief and better support.
- This mattress comes with five thickness options.
- It has a removable cotton cover that’s washable.
- It features anti-bacterial material.
- The time taken for mattress expansion might vary depending on the ambient temperature.
Inofia Hybrid Innerspring Full Mattress
Next on the list is the Inofia Hybrid Innerspring Full Mattress. This hybrid mattress boasts layers of CertiPUR-US-certified comfort foam for added and sustained support and comfort. For one, this hybrid mattress not only has some spring but also conformed to our bodies for relieving pressure, offering a balanced sleep experience. Moreover, the dual-layered soft knitted fabric cover was super-breathable, while the side airy mesh ensured heat dissipation and better airflow. That’s why every Inofia mattress, including this one, comes with a 101 hassle-free “Night Sleep Trial.” Not only that, but the brand still covers a warranty for any manufacturing defects that the mattress might have. Check out the official product page for all the details of this amazing mattress.
- The motion isolation in this mattress is better as compared to traditional innerspring mattresses.
- The cool cover is breathable and made from soft-knitted, breathable fabric.
- The mattress is ideal for any preferred sleeping position.
- Opening the mattress requires an extra degree of caution.
Iyee Nature Full Mattress
Since we were light sleepers looking for a new camper mattress full size one, we loved sleeping on the Iyee Nature Full Mattress. This mattress boasted gel memory foam, which reduced motion transfer when we moved around on the bed. And if you’re anything like us, that is, you’re a wriggly sleeper, then this mattress is certainly going to help you sleep peacefully, uninterrupted. What’s more, this mattress comes in multiple thicknesses ranging from 6 to 14 inches, allowing us to get a thickness customized to our comfort and preferences. If that wasn’t enough, it comes in multiple sizes too, ranging from Narrow Twin to California King. So, it makes for a great king-size mattress for the camper, too. Also, peeps with smaller RVs will not have a problem choosing a mattress for their on-the-move home.
- This bed comes in thicknesses and sizes to fit all frames and bases.
- The removable cover is hypoallergenic and perfect for sensitive skin.
- The product has a 10-year warranty support.
- It may marginally smell a bit when you open it for the first time.
Arctic Dreams 10″ Hybrid Cooling Gel Full Mattress
Most Luxurious. While it only comes in the thickness option of 10 inches, the Arctic Dreams Hybrid Cooling Gel Full Mattress offers multiple hybrid layers for deeper sleep. It features one-inch high-quality base foam, with an added 6 inches of pocketed coils, and topped with 2.5 inches of Energex Gel Infused Memory Foam. Finally, it’s closed with 0.5 inches of quilted fabric, ensuring that we slept well into the night, even when we were camping. Furthermore, the Energex foam is a patented memory foam that’s adaptive, durable, and breathable all at once. The patented foam provides great pressure relief and delivers pressure mapping in sleep systems. You can learn more about the details of this mattress on the official page of Arctic Dreams.
- It will fully expand within minutes when opening the first time.
- The product has a 10-year no-hassle warranty.
- It’s made in the USA and uses high-quality material.
- The price is moderately costly.
Signature Design by Ashley Chime Hybrid Full Mattress
Another hybrid mattress we loved that combines memory foam, and springs is the Signature Design by Ashley Chime Hybrid Full Mattress. When we begin from the top layer, there’s an extra soft quilt foam that provides some much-needed relaxation and softness. Next, there’s memory foam for lumbar support and foundation foam for the base. Lastly, there are wrapped coils for comfort and durability, ensuring that this mattress will last us years. Even though we travel in our RV with our pets, we don’t have to worry about the fluff they leave behind. That’s because the mattress material is safe and keeps out both pollen and pet dander. Furthermore, the material is also reliable for a person who endures allergies.
- It’s easy to clean with a vacuum.
- The material is hypoallergenic for people with allergies.
- This full-size mattress is compatible with all bases and frames.
- No thickness selection options are available
Dynasty CoolBreeze Full-Size Mattress
We were looking for a full-sized mattress for our RV with three layers of foam when we chanced upon the Dynasty CoolBreeze Mattress for the answer. This mattress boasts a nine-inch-thick strong foam as the base layer, along with two inches of memory foam and even one inch of infused-gel memory foam. Together, these three layers ensure amazing durability, and we’re sure we won’t have to worry about the lifetime use of this mattress.
Whether you sleep on your back or whether you’re a side sleeper or a stomach sleeper, this full-sized mattress has you covered and is perfect for you. It came with three comfort rating options that suited our needs. What’s more, it even comes with three firmness options, extra firm, firm, and medium firm, that ensures that it works well for a wide variety of people and their backs.
Besides a good mattress for a good night’s sleep, listening to your favorite song on the best outdoor RV speakers will surely brighten your day.
- The memory foam has a high-quality gel to increase the cooling effect.
- It has a 30-year mattress warranty
- The silk cover has a modern look and is washable.
- There’s no thinner option.
Olee Sleep Aquarius Memory Foam Mattress
Best budget. We didn’t want to spend a lot on a good memory foam mattress, and that’s why we chose the Olee Sleep Aquarius Memory Foam Mattress. That said, we have no complaints about this budget-friendly mattress, and it has all the makings of a great mattress. It boasted a pressure-relief material that conformed to our body shapes, weights, and temperatures. Furthermore, the Olee Sleep mattress even has a gel infusion, which is a new eco-friendly gel material. It’s not only breathable but also capable of regulating temperatures.
Despite the cost not being much, the mattress even follows standard regulations for human safety, including three certifications in the bundle. Moreover, the CertiPUR-US certificate also proves that the foam used is free from harmful metals. Meanwhile, the OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certificate ensures that the fabric has passed certain tests, and the SGS documentation proves that the elements used are fire-safe.
- The cooling gel in the foam regulates bed temperature
- The cover fabric is provided to protect the mattress from dirt
- It uses flame-retardant material.
- The mattress expansion time is longer in cold temperatures.
LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
Another product that only uses foam is the LUCID 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress. It consists of three layers of foam, and the interesting part is the base foam. It’s a dense foam infused with bamboo charcoal and acts as a support foam, lending a lot of comfort to our backs while sleeping. Moreover, the infused bamboo charcoal helped the entire mattress stay fresh in our RV for months on the road. Since ours is a smaller RV and we have limited space to put the mattress, this Lucid one worked wonderfully as it was compatible with all frames. This includes even decorative, platform, and adjustable ones. With adjustable bases, the tight space in our camper could be utilized very well to have a cozy sleep for the night.
- It uses ventilated foam for better breathability.
- There are three options of firmness.
- The material adopts hypoallergenic properties for people with sensitive skin.
- There are no other thickness options available to choose from.
Novilla Full Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Best value for money. It’s time to talk about the Novilla Full Gel Memory Foam Mattress and why we liked this full-sized RV mattress. Firstly, this mattress not only has high-density foam as the base, but it also has two different layers of foam for excellent airflow. Secondly, it’s infused with cooling-gel-infused memory foam, providing us with the utmost comfort when we sleep in the RV, no matter the time of the year. Together, the two layers of air circulation foam greatly enhance the airflow and keep us cool all night long, even in summer.
Furthermore, Novilla even granted us a 100-day free trial. Even more so, the product is guaranteed by a 10-year warranty. Plus, professional customer service is also ready at hand to aid with any issues you may have. Overall, this mattress has an odorless, plush feel that’s hard to come by and is perfectly value for money for its price.
- It’s convenient for all sleeping positions.
- The mattress is designed to relieve pain while sleeping.
- It comes with a breathable and easy-to-clean cover.
- Firmness rating selections aren’t available.
Sleep Innovations Marley Cooling Gel Mattress
Summers are probably the most arduous of all camping times. When we sleep in our RV during summer, we tend to feel quite hot, even with air circulation and whatnot. Enter the Sleep Innovations Marley Cooling Gel Mattress, which is a blessing designed specifically for us hot sleepers. For one, the cooling gel memory foam in the mattress intensifies cool air, circulating it well across our bodies as we sleep for an undisturbed sleep.
“Ever since we’ve been sleeping on the Marley cooling mattress, we’ve stopped feeling hot while sleeping in the night, and now we enjoy undisturbed sleep!”WOW Travel
Furthermore, this RV mattress has proven quality and is made with high-quality elements, being exclusively manufactured in the USA and Mexico. In addition, all the materials are hypoallergenic, which is safe for people who suffer from allergies.
- We could choose from three thickness options.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
- The mattress can be used for every sleeping position.
- The mattress might not expand so quickly in cold temperatures.
Zinus Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress
One of the most underrated RV mattresses is the Zinus Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress. It has all the essential hybrid features that a great mattress should have and then some. For one, it has memory foam for comfort as well as an innerspring to support the foam. In addition, it also has other layers, such as the high-density foam and Viscolatex foam. Together, they add to the entire comfort factor of the mattress, especially when we use them across seasons without any issues. The memory foam cradles our bodies as we sleep, providing immense pressure relief. Furthermore, the heavy-duty steel innerspring contributes to the overall satisfaction of our sleeping experience, relaxing our joints and spine. Moreover, the innerspring also makes the mattress stable and durable for years.
- The mattress is ideal for stomach sleepers.
- The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty.
- The pack allowed us to move the mattress into our RV effortlessly.
- The maximum weight limit of this mattress is 500 lbs (226 kg).
Linenspa Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
The next on the list is a hybrid mattress that combines soft and hard components. As the second most reviewed full-size mattress, the Linenspa Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress is a product that you can consider buying. It boasts excellent memory foam, and this soft component plays a huge role in ensuring contouring comfort while we sleep. What’s more, the hard component is the steel springs, which give the memory foam a reliable foundation.
Going further, the brand also gave us multiple options for thicknesses. While the starting is an 8-inch mattress, the 10-inch one works for all-age sleepers. But we went with the 12-inch one that provides customized comfort, especially since we’d be on the road so much. No matter the thickness you prefer, the Linenspa mattress awards you with an extraordinary sleeping experience.
Also, check out some of the best awning lights for campers.
- The mattress fully expands in less than 48 hours.
- The firmness is perfect; it isn’t too soft or too firm.
- The mattress and the material used are very durable.
- Some may have issues with the springs that creak when moving in or out of the bed.
Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
Best overall. Inspired by nature, the Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress is an excellent choice for a full-sized RV mattress. This mattress boasts an ideal combination of green tea and charcoal injected into the memory foam that gives extreme levels of comfort during bedtime. For one, the green tea essence has a calming effect, and charcoal always makes the mattress feel fresh. Coupling them together is the mattress cover made of poly jacquard fabric that’s super soft for your skin.
We had four thickness options to choose from, namely 6, 8, 10, and 12 inches. No matter the thickness, the mattress is equally excellent and delivers the same levels of comfort. So, you can say goodbye to waking up in the morning with aches and pains, as this mattress does away with them. Check out this detailed review on YouTube from AM2PM.
- The mattress is easy to transport.
- It’s the #1 bestselling mattress on the market.
- The memory foam has motion isolation, so we didn’t feel disturbed during the night.
- None, really.
We do realize that selecting a full-sized mattress for an RV isn’t straightforward. Mattresses on the market can have similar features, confusing you about which one to choose. That’s why we have this section to make your job a lot easier. They’ve been selected to be in this category due to their different features.
- Best ergonomic design: NapQueen Charcoal Memory Foam Full Size Mattress
- Most luxurious: Arctic Dreams 10″ Hybrid Cooling Gel Full Mattress
- Best budget: Olee Sleep Aquarius Memory Foam Mattress
- Best value for money: Novilla Full Size Mattress
- Best overall: Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
How to Choose the Best Full-Size Mattress for RV?
We considered many factors when we went looking for camper mattress full-size options, which are listed below:
Durability is an important factor for a mattress in an RV. Tight space in RVs could end up making the mattress very dirty and face wear and tear, given how close the surroundings are. Plus, movement on the road is sure to have an impact on the age of the mattress. So, looking for mattresses made from high-quality, heavy-duty materials is important. Also, you need to consider the brand as well as the warranty time.
Some may think the weight of the mattress won’t matter much. However, RVs have a maximum weight limit called the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). GVWR will mention the limit your vehicle can load due to safety reasons. You need to take into consideration how much weight your mattress is adding to the GVWR and choose accordingly.
Since we speak about the mattress that you’ll be sleeping on, firmness is an essential thing to consider. Depending on your preference for firmness, brands give options ranging from soft to extra firm. Pick one that you like the most.
Will a full-sized mattress fit in a camper?
It depends on the space of the sleeping platform you have in your camper. Normally, regular bed bases are longer than RV mattresses. Please check how much space your RV has to put a full-sized mattress.
Can you put a regular mattress in an RV?
Yes. You definitely can place a regular mattress as long as it fits the bed size in your RV.
Is there a difference between an RV mattress and a regular mattress?
The only difference between those two is the length of the mattresses. A mattress for an RV is shorter than a regular mattress. For example, a normal queen mattress is 60″ x 80″, while an RV queen mattress is 60″ x 75″.